HMONG THREAD

Guest Azume

Guest vanggirlie

yes i saw that kob drama the one where she dies and reborn. altho i only watched up to the part where she died. i only vaguely remember it too so i don't know anything about it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest meilin

i haven't seen that drama but it seems sad and i think i've seen the preview somewhere before.

I really want to seeeeee it but i guesss it aren't sellin anywhere..because I couldn't find it at flea market or anywhere.

I'm seeing/hearing that tons of people in this forum hate original Hmong films but consider this: think about how much time and effort is made into ONE video and what the message is really about. ALL Hmong films are NOT bad/stupid/lame/about love/plot sucking films. At least we have the ability to make films and know about film making. The Hmong films tells us how Hmong people get married, how people live, how they REALLY talk and the atomsphere of what Hmong is. This is not a speech but Hmong Films has developed into a new age of where greater films are being published.

Take this new movie: TOU & MAI

z40956783.gif

banner-tengo

Tou and Mai is a romantic comedy of Tou (Kenny Lee), a Hmong American thug and Mai (Houa Lee), a newly arrived immigrant from the camps of Wat Thombkrobak Thailand. Together they will experience the American lifestyle as well as rediscover their own. Set to come out to select theaters in the Twin Cities area July 2006. Directed by Kang Vang.

Watch the trailer @

quality-bad but watch it. You might like it. I think it's gonna be a hit this summer.

Check out stuff: http://www.xanga.com/teamchowfa

We are making a new age in the Hmong History.

-pachia

Guest ImSmiley

^^ it seems interesting. i don't hate a lot of hmng movies, i actually like them. i think the new ones arn't bad because the story line and everything is good. there's actually a hmong movie that came out this year that made me cry a lot.

Guest fivemagic

I'm seeing/hearing that tons of people in this forum hate original Hmong films but consider this: think about how much time and effort is made into ONE video and what the message is really about. ALL Hmong films are NOT bad/stupid/lame/about love/plot sucking films. At least we have the ability to make films and know about film making. The Hmong films tells us how Hmong people get married, how people live, how they REALLY talk and the atomsphere of what Hmong is. This is not a speech but Hmong Films has developed into a new age of where greater films are being published.

z40956783.gif

banner-tengo

Tou and Mai is a romantic comedy of Tou (Kenny Lee), a Hmong American thug and Mai (Houa Lee), a newly arrived immigrant from the camps of Wat Thombkrobak Thailand. Together they will experience the American lifestyle as well as rediscover their own. Set to come out to select theaters in the Twin Cities area July 2006. Directed by Kang Vang.

Watch the trailer @

quality-bad but watch it. You might like it. I think it's gonna be a hit this summer.

-pachia

Thanks 0417 for posting this new Hmong movie titled Tou & Mai...the screen caps from youtube does not look clear, and it seems like it's not interesting to watch in my opinion. What does anybody else think?

Guest vanggirlie

i've seen that banner for that hmong movie. isnt' that the guy who help remake that song Ntuj No Tuaj Lawm? it looks ok. i bet my cousins are going to watch it because they love hmong movies.

i think there are a lot of hmong people who loves hmong movies but maybe the majority in soompi are just not really into it. i say this because i have a lot of cousins who loves hmong movies but it's just my family that is not really into it.

^ Yes, Kenny Lee is the guy that composed the newly verison of Ntuj No Tuaj Lawm. He's also a part of The Rice Channel.

fivemagic: You're welcome fivemagic, but with a clip of bad quality, it does not mean that the movie is a waste of your time. It's YouTube for god's sake.

-pachia

Watch the trailer @

-pachia

I'm actually waiting to see this movie. It looks really interesting. And I think that the guy that stars in there, Kenny, is in my cousin's band, The Rice Channel.

Like some of you said, Hmong movies are changing..

-nie

Guest me094

I agree with you. KOB is always a weak girl. Have you seen one of her older drama/series that she doesn't have a mother except her father. So her father remarried this one evil B**** and she also have a daughter too. Both of them doesn't like Kob. So the daughter's friend have a brother that liked Kob a lot but Kob's sister also likes him. And then her evil sister and the evil friend find out that her brother like KOB...they lied to Kob to wait for him in this one spot that Kob and him usually wait for each other(during the night time). So Kob was waiting for him and suddenly someone hit her head and she got knocked down. The two girls did that..so they took Kob to a shed house or whatever and she spent time and days in there and then she died. Before she die she made a wish that if she ever reborn again she want to be rich and have power so next generation she is born into a okay family. She also have some power too. That is where I stopped.

I've seen that one... it's been a while and i can't remember everything right but... from memory... i believe that there is a little girl in the next life... who turns out to be her sister in the last life and now is the daughter of evil friend. The girl is very attached to the evil friend's brother... kob knows that it's her sister and bullies the little girl around... as the story goes on Kob plans her revenge and eventually the truth comes out... and i forgot the rest... sorry for the lack of memory... but i didn't really like that series... so i didn't pay attention much... hope that gave you some inside.

Guest knightly89

Kind of agree with some of you guys but still we ARE Hmong so lets be nice...Yeah, Hmong dubbing is kind of sucking but at least they tried...and I still prefer the old movies...they're so much better...

Guest meilin

I've seen that one... it's been a while and i can't remember everything right but... from memory... i believe that there is a little girl in the next life... who turns out to be her sister in the last life and now is the daughter of evil friend. The girl is very attached to the evil friend's brother... kob knows that it's her sister and bullies the little girl around... as the story goes on Kob plans her revenge and eventually the truth comes out... and i forgot the rest... sorry for the lack of memory... but i didn't really like that series... so i didn't pay attention much... hope that gave you some inside.

What did she pay for the price of killin KOB?

Guest Myss Blewm

z40956783.gif

banner-tengo

Watch the trailer @

-pachia

When it comes out tell me your reviews.

I don't hate Hmong movies. In fact, I used to watch them all the time. I stopped watching them cuz I think most of them generally are the same, but it doesn't mean that I don't respect and understand the hard work these people do. I wish I knew how to make films, so I can be one of those indie film kids.

I'm just waiting for a really....different Hmong movie. I can't explain it....and it probably won't ever happen or will take years to finally come around to being made. I would make it myself but I don't know how to make movies. haha....and it'd probably suck and the only reason why people would watch it is out of love and pity from friends.

Guest sw33t_angel

is produce from mn? they made movie much better than cali. it looks good, and following the life of our present.

most ppl hate hmong movie, sometime i get tired of it too. but those movies are made from our folk tales. so i'll see it just for a laugh.

dont you guys notice tah movie these days are trying to be comedy? and it's terrible not good. like they are being prevert just trying to made a comdey movie, when it gets to the point where it's not funny anymore....

Guest meilin

is produce from mn? they made movie much better than cali. it looks good, and following the life of our present.

most ppl hate hmong movie, sometime i get tired of it too. but those movies are made from our folk tales. so i'll see it just for a laugh.

dont you guys notice tah movie these days are trying to be comedy? and it's terrible not good. like they are being prevert just trying to made a comdey movie, when it gets to the point where it's not funny anymore....

I agreeeee..

Like in Cha Bee Thao's movie or the guy that people called MONKEY..His movie is funny but some parts I think it should be on the low profile...

Guest ImSmiley

^^^ i think so too. sometimes it's good and funny but for some they just try too hard to make it funny when we find it stupid.

Guest fivemagic

Have any of you guys seen KHIB CIAJ KHIB TUAG? This is one funny Hmong movie that you all should watch...I have the video and it is hilarious, and I think it may be suitable to young viewers to watch...although there were some parts of hitting, kicking, and crying from the leading lady Maiv Puv, I think she did a great job playing that role, and the name is very well suitable for her. The guy Nom Phaj is such a jealous and devious guy...I wouldn't want a guy like him in real life, but you never know, until you have one like that...I mean, he can play from a comedy line to a real jealousy typed guy, but one thing for sure is that he is funny in here, and he can be mean and cruel at the same time as well. He was a mean and ignorant man, and the way he treated his wife by hitting and kicking is not very polite and nice.

Guest ImSmiley

^^ LOL, i was just rewatching that movie yesturday since i didn't really pay attention to it the first time. He is such an richard simmons same with the son but then i felt sad from him when his wife die too. that movie is a pretty good movie, like all the hmong people here are always talking about that movie.

Guest meilin

^^ I watched it kind long. I think the way the guy hits his wife is tooooo...wayyyyyyyyyyyyy not nice. And i just find the movie gay.

Archived