[drama 2008] Don't Go Away / Don't Be Swayed 흔들리지마

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

source : http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/news/1681306_25552.html

"Don’t Go Away" premieres as the No. 1 morning TV drama

Premiering on April 14, 2008 in the time slot of 7:50 am, “Don’t Go Away,” a morning TV drama, recorded a viewership rating of 11.9% (TNS). This makes it the highest rating show among all morning TV dramas produced by rival networks.

In addition, the ratings for “Don’t Go Away” are nearly equal to the 12% viewership ratings that “Heart of Destiny” recorded when it premiered on October 1, 2007. “Don’t Go Away” is the follow-up drama to “Heart of Destiny.” The network is hoping that “Don’t Go Away” will rise in its ratings and become a beloved TV drama like “Heart of Destiny.”

Viewers of the first episode of “Don’t Go Away” sent in many positive comments to the network. “Even though the story is about tensions in the family, I could feel the underlying warmth between the family members,” one viewer said. Another viewer said, “I will keep watching “Don’t Go Away. It’s so entertaining.” And there were other comments such as “It’s a notch above the other TV dramas. I think it will be fun to watch.” A stream of warm reviews for “Don’t Go Away” was posted on the network’s bulletin board.

On the episode that will air on April 16, 2008, Soo-hyun (actress Hong Eun-hee) will meet Soh Hee-jung (actress Oh Mi-hee), the mother of Kang-pil (actor Kim Nam-jin), for the first time when she is invited over to their home and viewers are anxiously waiting to watch that particular scene in the upcoming episode. Soo-hyun lies about her family background to win approval from Kang-pil’s mother in the hopes of marrying Kang-pil and that leads to tensions with her family.

“Don’t Go Away,” a morning TV drama, airs every Monday through Friday at 7:50 am with a story revolving around one family.

Scriptwriter: Lee Hong-koo

Director: Baek Ho-min

Cast: Hong Eun-hee (Soo-hyun), Kim Da-in (Min-jung), Sunwoo Eun-sook (Young-mi), Lim Chae-moo (Yong-dae), Kim Nam-jin (Kang-pil), Jung Han-yong (Chairman Han), Oh Mi-hee (Soh Hee-jung), Jjng Sung-woon (Bo-guk)

P&R: Park Soon-gyu

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very good series of course I am watching it with approximately 20% understanding but still it's very good. I just get tired how the one sister can run rampant over everyone at work and and home.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jbigdog123

I'm surprised that this movie hasn't generated more interest.

I've never seen a person who lie/manipulate others so much and people can't figure out all the deceptions and crimes by one person.

Since this drama is up to 83rd episode, I hope others start to figure out just how horrible Soo-hyun really is. She is a very disturbed person and hopefully she'll pay dearly for her dispicable actions.

Also, it is unbelieveable all the sacrifices Min Jung makes in order to make Soo-hyun and her side of the family happy. It's very hard to watch such a weak minded person who'll do whatever some one tells her to do.

Guest Bijan630

I've tried to follow the synopsis that MBC has posted on their site, but it only goes up to episode 28 so far and still leaves me with a lot of unanswered questions.

I've watched Min-jung being shoved over the staircase to the ground, and Soo-hyun leaving her body there.

Could someone answer a few questions for me?

Kangpil, why is the man who was his friend while producing music, spying on him for Soo-hyun? Why did Kangpil's mother give this same man an envelope with money and why did Kangpil's father beat him up in his office? Also, what kind of hatred does the father have towards Kangpil to have beaten him with golf clubs and kick him until he was exhausted? Is Kangpil really his son?

The young woman that found the earring and witnessed Soo-hyun going into her car and driving away, what happened to her after those men kidnapped her? Why is Soo-hyun having nightmares about her and seeing her as a ghost, or spirit next to her in her bed? Did Soo-hyun have her killed?

I'm following this MBC drama the same way I followed, "Love You None the Less", without subs and trying to find a board where someone might have been able to fill in the blanks for me.

I can't wait for Soo-hyn to pay for all of the horrible things she's been doing.....Oh.....one more question.....where is Soon-hyn getting all of this money to pay off the detective, the kidnappers, and anyone else who gets in her way?

I'm following this MBC drama the same way I followed, "Love You None the Less", without subs and trying to find a board where someone might have been able to fill in the blanks for me.

I see you and I have the same habit. Watching daily kdrama without subs AND without forum support. I hope you do know this is the winning recipe for going crazy :wacko: <smile>

Anyway, I hope someone can answer your questions as I also want to know.

Guest jbigdog123

My Korean is very spotty. I could understand some and lot of it I can't, but I'll try to do my best and I hope some one who is much more fluent than I could chime in and help us out. So here we go...

Kangpil, why is the man who was his friend while producing music, spying on him for Soo-hyun?

Simply put, money. Kangpil friend became a traitor because he needs money, I can't remember for what but I believe it was a family related issue.

Why did Kangpil's mother give this same man an envelope with money and why did Kangpil's father beat him up in his office?

It was a bribe to keep her informed of Kangpil's activities, including his association with Min-jung. I can't recall why Kangpil's father beat Kangpil in his office.

Also, what kind of hatred does the father have towards Kangpil to have beaten him with golf clubs and kick him until he was exhausted? Is Kangpil really his son?

I don't believe Kangpil's father hates his son, he is just a very mean person, and he'll physically attack his own son if he isn't happy with him. Yes, I believe Kangpil is the real son.

The young woman that found the earring and witnessed Soo-hyun going into her car and driving away, what happened to her after those men kidnapped her?

She was beaten and sold to bar and beaten sold to another bar, not sure how many times but she was in a bad shape when she was finally found.

Why is Soo-hyun having nightmares about her and seeing her as a ghost, or spirit next to her in her bed? Did Soo-hyun have her killed?

I think because Soo-hyun was told that girl was killed and she was just having a nightmare about it, due to guilt trip. I don't believe Soo-Hyun wanted to have her killed but she was told she was.

where is Soon-hyn getting all of this money to pay off the detective, the kidnappers, and anyone else who gets in her way?

I know she had some money and she also borrowed money from her father and rest I can't be sure.

WOW... this drama only have two page...

It seem like a good drama to watch.. where can I downlow this drama and is there any sub? I don't see a subbing team saying that they will sub this drama?

Guest jbigdog123

Elders in this drama are bunch of horrible people

Min-Jung's mom, although she appears to be a very nice person, she has done nothing for Min-Jung, if anything, she forced her daughter to sacrifice her happiness in order to make her husband and step daughter happy. She did nothing for her real daughter, not a good mother. Same applies to Min-Jung's step father.

Kangpil's parents are horrible as well. His father is a very mean person have beaten Kangpil because he loved musical business rather than his father's business. Both parents don't give a damn about Kangpil's happiness, they only care about what make them happy, forcing their son to marry some one he doesn't love or even like.

Guest Bijan630

Thanks so much for your help jbigdog123. Since you gave me the basics, I will keep trying to pick out words, facial expressions and body language to put the pieces together. I knew the mother was a weak character when Soo-hyun had been allowed to yell at her and shove her out of her bedroom. My first thought......she should be dead meat if she were my daughter!

gerryg, I found that with MBC, they always manage to have a great morning drama in this time slot. What keeps me watching all the way through, even without the subs, is that when the ending of the series is getting near, the dot all of the i's and cross all of the t's. It almost seems the last month is written to make each villainous character actually have to pay for everything they've done in spades!

They have yet to pull one of those, two week, everyone finds out the truth, all is forgiven, hugs, hugs, kiss, kiss endings.

I'll be asking more questions if I seem to be missing an important point. Again, thanks for all of your help and this board should have more than two pages for this drama.

Guest Bijan630

Today's episode is where Soo-hyn gets caught at the cafe with the man she paid to follow Kang-pil and I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

When Kang-pil tracked down the man who was tailing him, did Soo-hyn tell that man to lie and say that he was being paid off by his father?

What was it that Soo-hyn said to the father before Kang-pil got back to the office and what lie did she tell to Kang-pil to stop him from going directly to his father to question him?

Who was it that called Knag-pil while he was driving and had him show up at the same cafe that Soo-hyn was in with the guy she paid to spy on him?

What was on the mini-recorder that made Soo-hyn look as though she were going to have a heart attack?

I already know not to get too excited behind this discovery since I doubt that his parents will allow him to call off the wedding especially since his father favors Soo-hyn. Also, I didn't see what the number of this episode was and if there are 150 episodes, I've got a long way to go.

Guest Yellow_Roses

Hi everyone,

I thought the reason why Kang-Pil had to marry Soo-Hyn was because she was pregnant by him, but what happened to the baby? I can't understand Korean so I'm like alot of you here. I agree this drama should have more than 2 pages it's a very interesting drama.

Guest jbigdog123

Hi everyone,

I thought the reason why Kang-Pil had to marry Soo-Hyn was because she was pregnant by him, but what happened to the baby? I can't understand Korean so I'm like alot of you here. I agree this drama should have more than 2 pages it's a very interesting drama.

Kang-Pil does believe Soo-Hyn is pregnant with his child but the fact is, the baby isn't his. The father of the baby is vice-president of Kang-Pil's Dad's company. Soo-Hyn knows Kang-Pil isn't the father of the baby and she also know who is the real father of the baby but that lie is the only way to keep a hold on Kang-Pil, a very despicable act by her.

KP and SH NEVER had sex.

Guest Yellow_Roses

To Jbigdog123,

Does the Vice President of Kang-Pil father's company know that she's pregnant? If he does why isn't he claiming the child as being his? When did they get together? I don't remember seeing them get together. Also it seem that KP and SH stepsister are secretly together they showed a scene when they where in hotel together in there robes. Sorry I'm bad with the characters names.

To Jbigdog123,

Does the Vice President of Kang-Pil father's company know that she's pregnant? If he does why isn't he claiming the child as being his? When did they get together? I don't remember seeing them get together. Also it seem that KP and SH stepsister are secretly together they showed a scene when they where in hotel together in there robes. Sorry I'm bad with the characters names.

Who is the Vice President is it this character?:

Choi Bo-guk | actor Jung Sung-woon

He can’t help but feel attracted to Soo-hyun.

Raised by a single mother, Bo-guk grew up fast and became mature beyond his years. He supports his mother and sister, who also became a single mom.

Also speaking of this character he has of picture of him and the girl who looks like SH stepsister in his wallet and on his wall at his house. Is that his sister? What happen to her?

One last thing. Doe any one think that Kang Pil is a worthless fellow. My goodness, he buried one woman impregnate another (at least so I thought until a few minutes ago) and had the nerve to tried to marry her step-sister. He's a little too much for me!

Really, is he worth it???? And his mother oh my goodness, She has no regards for his feeling at all which makes me think that is why he lack regard for other people feeling also. He only knows what he wants and goes after it with all his might. Again, I think that's is because of his relationship (or lack thereof) with his parents.

What do you all think about him?

Guest jbigdog123

To Jbigdog123,

Does the Vice President of Kang-Pil father's company know that she's pregnant?

Yes and he is very protective of the unborn baby and Soo-Hyn.

If he does why isn't he claiming the child as being his?

He has an ulterior motive, that is to take over the company and I believe he has an axe to grind against Kang-Pil and Kang-Pil's father.

When did they get together? I don't remember seeing them get together.

It was many episodes ago when Soo-Hyn was having second thoughts about pursuing KP. She was seen with him several times at the bar drinking and I am assuming they ended up in the bed one of those occasion.

Also it seem that KP and SH stepsister are secretly together they showed a scene when they where in hotel together in there robes. Sorry I'm bad with the characters names.

Yes, Min-Jung (the step sister) and KP are secretly living together (in today's episode) in the condo or apartment which was purchased under Min-Jung's name by KP.

Guest jbigdog123

Who is the Vice President is it this character?:

Choi Bo-guk | actor Jung Sung-woon

He can’t help but feel attracted to Soo-hyun.

Raised by a single mother, Bo-guk grew up fast and became mature beyond his years. He supports his mother and sister, who also became a single mom.

Also speaking of this character he has of picture of him and the girl who looks like SH stepsister in his wallet and on his wall at his house. Is that his sister? What happen to her?

Remember Kang-Pil had a girl friend beginning of the drama but she died of a motorcycle accident that was driven by KP and Min-Jung looks just like that dead GF, they look like an identical twin. So anyways, my guess is, the picture of him and a girl, that girl is a dead GF of KP, just a guess though.

One last thing. Doe any one think that Kang Pil is a worthless fellow. My goodness, he buried one woman impregnate another (at least so I thought until a few minutes ago) and had the nerve to tried to marry her step-sister. He's a little too much for me!

Really, is he worth it???? And his mother oh my goodness, She has no regards for his feeling at all which makes me think that is why he lack regard for other people feeling also. He only knows what he wants and goes after it with all his might. Again, I think that's is because of his relationship (or lack thereof) with his parents.

What do you all think about him?

I wouldn't say KP is worthless, rather easily manipulated by SH and his parents. He is also very afraid of his father, who can be very forceful and brutal.

Remember Kang-Pil had a girl friend beginning of the drama but she died of a motorcycle accident that was driven by KP and Min-Jung looks just like that dead GF, they look like an identical twin. So anyways, my guess is, the picture of him and a girl, that girl is a dead GF of KP, just a guess though.

Does MJ knows she looks like his dead gf? Also, do you think he's in love with MJ or the fact that she looks like his lost love? To be honest I thought he was just infatuated with her looks but I guess he does love her; however, I'm not convinced.

I wouldn't say KP is worthless, rather easily manipulated by SH and his parents. He is also very afraid of his father, who can be very forceful and brutal.

Nothing is as worthless as a spineless, easily manipulated, cheating man. B)

Guest jbigdog123

Does MJ knows she looks like his dead gf?

Yes MJ knows about the dead gf and what she looked like.

Also, do you think he's in love with MJ or the fact that she looks like his lost love? To be honest I thought he was just infatuated with her looks but I guess he does love her; however, I'm not convinced.

I think its debatable, depending on what feelings you may have toward the KP's character.

I'll give him benefit of doubt and say his love for here is very sincere and have nothing to do with his dead gf.

Nothing is as worthless as a spineless, easily manipulated, cheating man. B)

Perhaps spineless is more fitting than worthless. :)

Archived