how do you treat sunburns?

Guest qquinto

Guest qquinto
and how fast do they usually go away?
i just spent 6+ hours in the scorching sun for a tennis tournament everything hurts so much :tears: & i look like an ugly tomato is there anything i can do to make my burns heal faster? & how long do you guys think it'll take for me to look normal again? i have a speech to give the day after tomorrow :[

Guest Brusky

^^ aloe vera's your best friend

if you've got a speech, just cover up with some pants and a long-sleeve. Generally you shouldn't wear hats or caps when you're presenting a speech, but if you can get away with it, it may help you hide your burns.

Guest o1hunny

i go to the doctor for EVERYTHING haha....

i got a sunburn and the doctor told me to use this vaseline unscented body lotion. it worked relaly really well.

Guest redringlets

aloe vera and also a warm shower or as hot as you can stand it..i can't remember why the shower, but my mom said it helps.

Guest jadeof1004s

Oh, well once i got really burned. So then wherever i was burned i put a WHOLE LOT of aloe vera (thats the magic stuff :D) and went to bed wearing a large shirt i never wear and wheni woke up, it was practically gone. o O;

But when you sleep, it feels really icky. because it get son the shirt but just ignore it and it'll be a whloe lot better in the morning.

Guest suahSEEyu

OMGG i got burned at my tennis tournament TOO! agh. my nose and cheecks are starting to peel ...i look like i have a disease or something.. -_____-;;

i just took cool showers, cus it hurts and burns when you take hot showers, then i put lotion on . aloevera helps bunches, but i dont have any... so.. eh. =/

and your face, try a cucumber massage or somekind of massage, yogurt works too, just to get your face to lighten up and feel refreshed. :]

Guest Aestas

eat peaches and blueberries... the vitamins and antioxidants help your skin heal healthy.

like everyone has said before me, put aloe vera on your burns

drink enough water!

• 3 years later...
Guest mariedeguzman

if got sunburns i apply lotion everyday and massage it, to make it soft, i use vaseline lotion cause many used it and it really work.

Guest xo_unknown_xo

i burn very easily, and what i use is *dont laugh* milk....it really helps and makes my skin soft as well.

Guest gotgoldfishie

definitely use aloe vera! some of my friends crush two aspirin and mix it with the aloe vera.. it's supposed to help reduce the redness, but i haven't tried it before

Archived