[movie 2005] Duelist 형사

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um... i didn't get what the movie was about...

i mean... what exactly was the plotline? all i got from it was kdw and hjw practicallyh dancing in the moonlight with swords and knives and the fake money thingie. o___o

someone enlighten me. T_T

Guest annababy

KDW voices was so dreamy, even though he only speaks a few lines. And his eyes....*dies*

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

um... i didn't get what the movie was about...

i mean... what exactly was the plotline? all i got from it was kdw and hjw practicallyh dancing in the moonlight with swords and knives and the fake money thingie. o___o

someone enlighten me. T_T

From my point of view, i think it was about the dilemma between love and doing what's right. she was a cop and he was an assassin, she had to kill him or bring him to justice but she fell in love with him. the same with kdw, she was the enemy but he ended up helping her.

i guess love between two enemies

and the beauty in sword fighting?

Guest ketchupgurl

the movie made me cry T_T the fight scene at the end made me feel emotional ahhh

HA JI WONS HAIR IS SO PRETTY xD so stylish

kang dong wons voice is so steamy like when he was like "my name is...my name is..." i was spazzing over that

i dont really understand the ending.... i hated the ending bleh it felt like a cliffhanger i wish it was happiesh

Guest Da Xing Di

well...i was kinda...okay more like really disappointed in Ha Ji Won's and Ahn Sung Gi's characters...i thought this was a serious movie, but they ruined it with these characters which really didn't fit in the plot or next to Kang Dong Won...

although the fact that they played the whole movie on how beautiful Kang Dong Won is, was good, since they didn't have much work with that,lol

okay, what i liked it in: Kang Dong Won's character (omg!), the lights and cuts were really-really great and what has absolutely amazed me is the choreography! those fights were beautiful, i could have watched them all day long... i don't know who taught it to the actors, but whoa: that's someone is really good! i mean it REALLY looked like they were dancing and still fighting! so gorgeous~

(although the ending was disappointing again...)

ha jee won's character was wierd ... this movie should have been more serious but it wasnt that bad. kang dong won was pretty good in the movie and i liked all of the sword fighting.

KDW was awesome in this movie! At first when I saw all the pictures with him with that long haircut, I thought he looked really spooky, but when you see the actual film, he is just too cool! The last movie I saw him in was Temptation of Wolves. What a total difference!

I thought the storyline itself was kinda weak and I think it would have been hard to figure out if I didn't watch Damo. The chemistry between HJW and KDW during the fight scenes were intense. But I thought HJW's role was so much different than Damo even though she was playing a detective in both dramas.

I guess this movie is alright, but probably not too good if you're not a fan of any of the actors.

Guest Airine Pratama

How much this movie related to Damo actually?

I think they do not related at all except for having the same female actress (Ha Ji Won) who act as a detective in both ...

I haven't watch Duelist but do this movie were made in any relationship with Damo or it's just people's opinion?

And ... maybe Lee Myung Se focusing on the art more than the storyline?

That's why this movie took most of the art categories in award shows ...

Guest WhaleRider88

dunt know if it's just me, but the movie was really bad

the movie wuz such a waste of time for me

and i wuz really looking forward to it...

How much this movie related to Damo actually?

I think they do not related at all except for having the same female actress (Ha Ji Won) who act as a detective in both ...

I haven't watch Duelist but do this movie were made in any relationship with Damo or it's just people's opinion?

And ... maybe Lee Myung Se focusing on the art more than the storyline?

That's why this movie took most of the art categories in award shows ...

I don't think it has any direct relation to Damo. I just found some elements of the storyline similar. I'm a fan of KDW and HJW, so I found the movie entertaining. But it's kinda one of those movies where there are big names and lots of special effects, but the storyline isn't so great (no surprises and pretty predictable). I think it would be pretty cool if KDW and HJW work in a drama together.

Guest escents

i just watched the first part. i don't really get it. hjw and kdw was fighting and then after, he went to her room to eat together. does anyone know why?

Guest annababy

i don't think you guys appreciate the beauty in this movie

you guys are just looking for more romance in kdw and hjw but that's not what the movie is ALL about~

there are deeper meanings than superficial, typical love story~

Guest hello_se7en

^ that's true in some ways. i really admired the bright colors and the whole scenery thing of an old-age korean town. it was very traditional and the fighting scenes with their angles were insanely good.

however this movie was such a big deal and i thought it was going to be awesome. i'm not saying that i hated the movie, cause i'm a fan of both kang dongwon and ha jiwon but i kinda hoped it would've been more serious...

and i didnt really get the plot. could someone briefly explain it or something? it was a little confusing...

Guest xx-outsider-xx

i guess the only thing this movie lack is a strong and smooth plot. other than that, it was beautiful. if you neglect the plot part and focus on other things, you probably won't disappoint much.

Guest The Moose

i don't think you guys appreciate the beauty in this movie

you guys are just looking for more romance in kdw and hjw but that's not what the movie is ALL about~

there are deeper meanings than superficial, typical love story~

I totally agree with annababy.

Come on guys, this is 이명세's film.

His movies are always complex and different.

And I think that's why I personally enjoy all of his movies.

i just watched the first part. i don't really get it. hjw and kdw was fighting and then after, he went to her room to eat together. does anyone know why?

Nam-Soon(HJW), an undercover cop, was a reward from Byung-Pan(SYC) for Sad-Eyes(KDW)' beautiful sword dance he performed during his birthday celebration.

Sad-Eyes(KDW) knew who Nam-Soon(HJW) was and vice versa before and after their 'fight' at the "Dol-Dam-Gil."

However, Sad-Eyes(KDW) was in love with Nam-Soon(HJW) at the time they were in the same room facing each other.

While Nam-Soon(HJW) was attracted by Sad-Eyes(KDW)' sword dance, she was more interested in arresting him and Byung-Pan(SYC) at the time.

Of course, Nam-Soon(HJW) changes her mind soon after what happens in the room. :)

I suggest you watch the second part too.

Guest Airine Pratama

i think what annababy and The Moose said is true ...

this is one of those movies that can't be enjoyed by everyone ... think Kim Ki Duk movies :rolleyes:

i haven't see any movies from Lee Myung Se ... so Duelist soon will be my first ...

this is not just any typical sad love story or action or something that is in common ...

but however i haven't watch this movie so i can't judge much ...

Archived