[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol it's that bad? I'm currently watching Be strong geum-soon so it kinda got me interested in daily k-dramas

Let's just put it this way...it had potential and then it lost its way.

But if you are still curious about this show because in the beginning it was really good I came up with a schedule episode list to assist in watching this show. I was saving this as my last post...but here it is:

To those who wandered into this thread and despite hearing some grumblings about this drama are still very curious and want to watch it. I have three things to say:

1. Turn your brain off when you watch this show. It is meant to be entertainment and not to be taken too seriously.

2. Don’t expect this drama to reflect reality. You Will Get Angry and Frustrated by the writers. Learn to Laugh.

3. Follow this method of watching the drama:

Watch Episodes 1-115

Skip episodes 116-129

*Spoiler Alert*- all you really need to know about what happens in the skipped eps is…

It seems in most daily dramas the main couple always has a period of separation.

MJ’s disapproval causes issues between the families. HS becomes desperate and tries to force a marriage without any of the families’ consent, which SB disagrees with. SB breaks up with HS because of MJ’s pleads plus SB can’t stand to see the two families fighting especially since the Kim’s get the brunt of everything.

Matters get worse when TP and YR’s relationship is discovered by the parents. YR lies to the parents that she is pregnant so she and TP can get married. This pretty much ends any hope for SB and HS getting approval for marriage (even though there is no law against it…but depending upon families once you become in-laws everyone is considered part of the family)

NKW and SuBin become closer.

Watch Episode 130-134

Skip episodes 135-139

*Spoiler Alert*- all you really need to know about what happens in the skipped eps is…

SB goes to the villa that is being renovated to take care of MJ. MJ as usual acts mean and wants her to leave. A drunken worker comes back to the house to harass MJ, but SB is able to successfully get rid of him causing MJ to slightly soften. Meanwhile HS goes to the Kim’s house to ask for permission for SB’s hand again.

MJ finally agrees to the marriage but requests for a full background checkup on SB…and thus starts the tormenting relationship with SB. <_< MJ insists that SB and HS live with them so she can proper teach SB and prepare her as a future Lohas President’s wife. HS has his concerns but SB convinces him that it is a good opportunity for her to get to know his mother better and eventually win her over.

YS angry over the money she gave to CL goes to the Kang’s house to demand repayment. DG finds out about the expenses and is furious.

NWK and SuBin start to date. NWK lets SuBin know he is thinking of going back to Africa to do more volunteer work and wants to know if she will come with him or wait for him.

A private investigator (SK) comes into town looking for someone. He ends up have a chance meeting with TY who has found out he has not been accepted to be a professor at the university. The P.I is helping a mother (MiOk) find her long lost daughter.

Watch Episode 140-144

Skip episodes 145-149

MJ continues her evil mother-in-law treatment towards SB…putting her on a schedule for lessons and house work and misunderstandings ensue. HS stands up for SB but SB tells HS not to interfere as she wants to handle the situation and win over MJ.

MiOk finds her way into the Kim’s house and stays as a paying guest. She starts to get involved with the Kim’s and Kang’s lives. Unfortunately this only causes her relationship with SB to worsen. Outraged by the way MJ is treating her daughter she starts to plot a way to teach MJ a lesson while also providing a way to help SB and Lohas which is going through difficult times because of the bad economy. OYS, TP, and HS find out that MiOk is SB’s biological mother but can’t seem to break the news to SB. SB finds out from SK who MiOk really is and that she was abandoned.

YS, DG, and SuBin find out that YS is not dying but is pregnant. YS goes back to thinking about herself and all the gifts she gave away when she thought she was sick (she gave TP a car, DJ&OYS their house deed, and donations to trust funds) DG delighted by the news starts to treat YS better and becomes a dutiful husband. SuBin meanwhile concern about losing NWK decides to leave with him to Africa. NWK seeing that SuBin will miss her family tells her to stay and he will be back in a year.

SK eventually finds his way into HR’s apartment and begins to live with them. No one is happy about it but they don’t kick him out either :huh: HR advices SY to keep SK’s identity a secret from the Kim’s.

TY starts his charade with the family pretending to go to school every morning only to go work at some other job.

Watch Episode 150-151

Skip episodes 152-156

MiOk continues to have business meetings with Lohas…a joint venture is on the table…specialty designed Lohas kitchen appliances and furniture by MiOk

Out of the darkness some light emerges as MJ decides to put some more effort in their relationship and calls SB up for a dinner date. A previous planned appointment with MiOk for DNA testing keeps SB from coming. And as fate would have it, SB’s message to postpone the dinner does not get delivered. Misunderstandings between MJ and SB continue and lead to more issues at home. OYS takes her daughter home.

MiOk never makes it to the DNA appointment as she faints in her car…indicating she must be sick with something.

YS runs away with the deed with GM chasing behind her. GM soon forgets about the issue once DG tells her about YS’s pregnancy.

YH starts to warm up to her biological father much to the dismay of SY and HR.

Watch Episode 157-till the end

There are probably some episodes you could skip but since the show is nearing its end and some of the side storylines are finishing up it is probably easier to understand by watching it all.

If you follow this way of watching it will probably cause you a little less frustration. But you have been warned that this show may addict you and than tear out your heart -_-

If you watch YAMD you will loose interests on any kdrama. There are a lot of good kdrama compared to this. Worlds Within is good, East of Eaden is good (I heard) and some old kdramas you can watch from mysoju.com or youtube. We just wanted to see how this drama ends that's why we are still here. The writers screwed us all up when this drama started good then it became blah and Urggggg (sound of me pulling my hair off)....

I agree with you. Once you start, you'll get sucked in and be angry that you've wasted all those hours on this show.

Guest iheartkdrama

Friday is INDEPENDENCE DAY! We will be free from the shackles of this drama that started out promising and turned into something implausible, illogical and just plain torture. FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

Hope to see you all on the next daily drama. :D

Thank you for the megaupload link Simba3K

Here's the streaming link:

YouKu Streaming Link Ep. 176

*sigh* YR and TP couple…I don’t get it at all -_-

The parents are going to faint when they find out they are going out again.

I don’t quite understand why MJ is harassing her sister. Isn’t she pregnant? Wasn’t it because she is pregnant she couldn’t donate her bone marrow? Or did the sister just not want to donate? I remember there was a scene when MJ was in the hospital and someone here translated that there were voices talking and said “Not even her family members wanted to donate” Anyone care to explain?

It’s really hard to tell if MJ is doing this because of guilt of having to be beholden to MiOk/SB or if she is genuinely feeling guilty for living and wants to help them.

HS looks guilty after helping MiOk get home and rightly so considering his wife saved his mother instead of her own biological mother. It’s so hard to watch MiOk getting sicker :(

On a Happy Note:

Looks like YH got into a school :w00t:

The pink sweaters with the penguins are adorable! YS is really getting into the family spirit.

Two episodes left to resolve all the issues :crazy:

I have to say that's pretty cool that SB gets to come in and save the day at Lohas.

I really don't want MiOk to die. That sister of MJ's better come and donate.

Guest iheartkdrama

Thank you for the megaupload link Simba3K

*sigh* YR and TP couple…I don’t get it at all -_-

The parents are going to faint when they find out they are going out again.

I don’t quite understand why MJ is harassing her sister. Isn’t she pregnant? Wasn’t it because she is pregnant she couldn’t donate her bone marrow? Or did the sister just not want to donate? I remember there was a scene when MJ was in the hospital and someone here translated that there were voices talking and said “Not even her family members wanted to donate” Anyone care to explain?

I think that MJ's sister isn't pregnant but is trying to conceive and wants to be in the optimal health in order to do so.

Guest dbart001

Episode 76

MJ talking to SB, asking her why? She asked SB what if her birth mother died as a result of this. SB being very optistimist, said her birth mom is not dying. She tried to comfort MJ, but MJ told her to leave the room. What a stupid girl!!!

She is about to lose her mom, and she is still trying so hard to win MJ's love.

Yuri and TP at a bar

Yuri and TP drinking happily together. Their relationship is progressing.

At Youngsook's house

Miok received a call regarding Lohas, she was surprised about what the person told her on the phone.

Everyone were eating together. A delivery man came to delivered a big box of presents (I think the stuffs came from MJ, because she wants to help Miok to get better and eat healthy, you could see MJ at this point is only doing this so she is not indebted to Miok/SB, it is to make herself feel easier)

MJ in the house

She is wearing a new hair style, she called her sister who were supposed to be the donor. I think MJ is trying to persuade the sister to donate to Miok, but the sister refused and hung up the phone.

MJ went to the kitchen, saw SB eating breakfast and chatting with Yuri, MJ saw them getting along really well. She then went back to her room, called the sister again, asking her to give the bone marrow, the sister dropped the phone again on MJ.

Back at Lohas, everyone talking about something serious. I have no idea what it was about.

Miok went to see DG at his office, they talked about something.

MJ holding a plane ticket talking to herself again. MJ told Yuri that she is travelling.

Miok walking by herself, but she is not feeling well at all. Hose saw her struggling, gave her a peggyback back to the house. Next morning, Miok read Lohas related news on the paper, her nose started to bleed, but she still went out.

SB FINALLY came to the house to see Miok, but noticed she is not in the bedroom.

Lohas employees protesting on the street.

Yuri came to the office to tell CB and HS that MJ has gone to America. She also handed a document from MJ to her dad.

Last scene, MJ arrived at her sister's doorstep in America.

No preview at the end today.

This show is more annoying than before...What are they thinking???? SB gave her bone marrow to MJ then MJ's sister is giving it to MiOk???? What is this crap, MJ is indebted to SB and now MiOk and SB are indebted to MJ or is it even?...After all these, they can all go back to their own selves again, MJ being mean and SB being frustrated and hungry of MJ's affection and MiOk is trying to win her daughter's love....CRAP...CRAP..CRAP....This is how they plan MJ to redeem herself?...After her sister donate bonemarrow, MJ is going to be more arrogant than ever...SIGGGGHHHH.... :fury: :fury: :crazy:

Guest em1812

i just find one thing weird about this whole MiOk thing - she has a family in the US, with a husband and even kids. She abandoned SB when she was a baby to go to the US, and now she's leaving her kids and husband in the US and preparing to die in Korea? i can't understand why the writers had to create a family in the US for her. wouldn't it have been easier to just make her single and make Ray her business manager or something? >.<

Guest ValleeDamour

I agree with you. Once you start, you'll get sucked in and be angry that you've wasted all those hours on this show.

I still remember I used to hurry home from work just to join the threat and watch YAMD, but now I just want to read the spoilers and keeping my bood pressure down by not watching it. The writers ruined SB's image from a nice and charming positive girl into a thoughtless and selfish person.

From AUDU's summary this morning, probably the writers will let Miok lives with the transplant from MJ's sister. Then, everyone will recognize each others true feeling, Lohas will be saved because SB is a largest stock holders and everyone will live happily thereafter.

Many thanks to Uncle Ahoxan for faithfully give us the link daily, AUDU for the quick summary, Sweetheart0085, Skyeler, all the translaters and lastly all my friends here. Have a good day everyone.

Guest divasma

You gotta wonder how stupid the writers think the viewers are! Just because MJ's sister is a 'match' for her does not mean (pregnant or not) that she would be compatible with MiOk. This has really gone into the realm of fantasy and not a particularly good one at that.

I thank all of you for the translations, uploads, links and most of all your opinions and comments. There was only one good thing about YAMD - this thread! You are all wonderful!

Thanks and hope to see you in a new thread for a much better show.

Guest XiahxTiffany

lol i dont noe why everyone is pissed off at this drama 0_0

i enjoy it super crazy not cause of storyline but because of the comedy parts

and also cause im Yoona is in it :)

but overall i really liked it !!!! no joke

so u guys probably are like ur weird but really this drama was actually pretty good

most of the actors were debut actors

Let's just put it this way...it had potential and then it lost its way.

But if you are still curious about this show because in the beginning it was really good I came up with a schedule episode list to assist in watching this show. I was saving this as my last post...but here it is:

I love your lists, too bad i didn't start watching this now. I could have saved myself a lot of frustration, hair pulling and computer rants. Anyone thinking of watching every episode should do exactly as dart001 said and run far, far away. lol Save your sanity at ALL costs.

EDIT

lol i dont noe why everyone is pissed off at this drama 0_0

i enjoy it super crazy not cause of storyline but because of the comedy parts

and also cause im Yoona is in it

but overall i really liked it !!!! no joke

so u guys probably are like ur weird but really this drama was actually pretty good

most of the actors were debut actors

Be calm, lie down, drink lots of fluids-the doctor's on his way. :):D

On another note how stupid could the writers be MJ's pregnant sister would be a match for MiOk, who is a match for SB, who is a match for MJ. With all this matching you would think that somehow they would think to put the biological matches together. This is just such a stupid ending to this show, it's worst than the ending of the Sopranos when it just faded to black for a whole minute. Thank God, I've watched a number of kdramas because this one would turn me off them for good.

YAMD 176 [Ental rip. skyeler's source]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD 177 Preview [full-screen viewable]

YouTube: ------

VEOH: ----------

NOTE: First available YAMD full-screen previews are usually on
l00bia's YouTube Channel

[Text]

Original text:

177회 :: 2009년 1월 8일 목요일

로하스 주주총회 날, 칠복에 대한 불신임 투표가 진행되기 직전, 미옥의 변호사로부터 권한을 위임받은 새벽이 회의실로 들어온다. 대구 네가 새로 맞은 복동이와 함께 가족애를 확인하는 동안, 민정은 결국 막내 동생을 설득하여 한국으로 데려오지만......

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

177 times: Thursday, January 8, 2009

Me aware LOHAS general meeting of shareholders, chilbok in progress before the censure vote, authorized miok from the dawn of the lawyers come to the conference room. Daegu with you this new gajokae bokdong to determine the right, while his youngest brother in the end, to persuade people to bring to Korea, but ......

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-119 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-119: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-119: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 120-138: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 120-176: --------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-175: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-135: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-167: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-175: ------
[RAW]

Only 2 more episodes until the end of this farce! :)

Guest misscristinej0y

Thank you ahoxan, jethrel, aznlockheart, audu, anyaxoxo22, Simba3K, RiceGirl1212, 46527eu4, sweetheart0085!!!

Guest lantawmako

I'm only interested in seeing how the writers, who got really lost along the way, end everything.

They need to get down on their knees and beg KBS to give them another week and kill MJ. (of course we need to warn our friends to have some aspirin around as a first aid for a possible stroke because of intense frustration with this drama)

MJ's health deteriorated a lot faster than Miok, when her symptons only appeared much later. With the diagnosis, the surgery and recovery period, you would think that months have passed by, yet Soyoung's tummy is as flat as the runway. Miok who is supposed to be dying, can still drive a car, can run in the soccer field with SB (i am actually not sure if it was a soccer field) oh you all know what I mean.

Then there is this company take over thing, if you are loaded and needed to invest, just go to Korea and a publicly traded company can be yours in a heartbeat.

Lastly, please allow me to ask, because I wasn't paying much attention on this year end awards thing.

Did Subin win an award at all? Gee, she was a very successful villaine, her acting was great, so what happened?

Ok, now I will check if theres more english sub on terroir. At least even if this drama don't turn out Ok, I learned a new word. I like the title of this movie, and because I am interested in wine, I actually read about "terroir" and its very interesting.

Guest hyuksu

Lastly, please allow me to ask, because I wasn't paying much attention on this year end awards thing.

Did Subin win an award at all? Gee, she was a very successful villaine, her acting was great, so what happened?

She was only nominated for the best daily drama actress award which Kim Jungnan (Soyoung) won.

Guest lantawmako

She was only nominated for the best daily drama actress award which Kim Jungnan (Soyoung) won.

Ok, thanks. Soyoung is a pretty tough competitor. She is good.

Archived