America's Best Dance Crew, Season 2 / Abdc: Battle For The Vma's

Guest leongfun

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaba has a distinct style that's been evolved by several choreographers for years (at least since 03 when I first watched them) while Fanny has a young style still developing by Matt and it showed through today SOoo... Kaba's routine was more awesomesauce. But like we've seen, US doesn't know how to vote for jack richard simmons.

I STILL wish Team Millenia made it to 2nd season. They were Kaba's rival from years ago and I hope they try out again. Also, where the hell is Cultureshock San Diego?! They need to rep SD. Many of the JabbaWockeeZ sprung from CSSD.

MTV sucks. Kaba and Fanny didn't even get to say a word. it was like Kaba dance, Fanny dance. commercial break. we vote. Fanny appears at the VMAs for 10 seconds. they didn't even get to present the award.

reminds of last VMAs wait no not VMAs... but some other MTV awards show. when Jabba appeared for like 5 seconds in PCD's performance.

buuut Fanny did awesome. Kaba could've done a lot better. i was waiting for them to finish so i could watch FP. LOL.

Kaba has a distinct style that's been evolved by several choreographers for years (at least since 03 when I first watched them) while Fanny has a young style still developing by Matt and it showed through today SOoo... Kaba's routine was more awesomesauce. But like we've seen, US doesn't know how to vote for jack richard simmons.

I STILL wish Team Millenia made it to 2nd season. They were Kaba's rival from years ago and I hope they try out again. Also, where the hell is Cultureshock San Diego?! They need to rep SD. Many of the JabbaWockeeZ sprung from CSSD.

Fanny Pak had the more interesting/entertaining routine.

U.S. voted right this time around. And what does it matter anyway? Both crews were able to perform at the pre-show and it wasn't as though the winners were awarded anything. They had a brief appearance at the VMAs (which isn't even worth mentioning imo)and I'm sure Kaba Modern were present in the audience.

Guest Sunshine 60

Wait? No actual performance? Then what the heck was the point of the entire thing? Milking?

I guess winning this is very much an empty prize.

Guest knickstorm

Wait? No actual performance? Then what the heck was the point of the entire thing? Milking?

I guess winning this is very much an empty prize.

the lame part was when that Brit VJ Tim said this was the best of the best , i was thinking "what about the 2 season champs?"

then he asked sway how awesome the battle was when the dude is up in the freaking helicopter so maybe he can see little dots where he's at, but i know he cant hear anyhting........and Sway goes off on how the battle was so hot

MTV is just getting ridiculous.

Guest cindel25

I was wondering for awhile if there were going to be more crews on tour, but I guess it's only 5 crews 0_o.

Jabbawockeez (Winners)

Super Crew (Winners)

Breaksk8 (Top 4)

A.S.I.I.D (Top 6/7?)

Fanny Pak (Top 3)

That's it, I guess. I'm disappointed.

Aside from the winners, the pics are scattered.

WTF? That's all who's going on tour? No LIC? No SQ? No FNC? No Sandwich? :tongue2:

Guest .moony.

i liked FP's perf and glad they won!

i think Kaba is a better overall group but they didnt bring much energy/style to this perf. while FP's perf was very entertainin.

it's only midwest crews and west coast crews going... at least two crews from each season from each part should go imo like this:

east:

iconic season 1

phresh select/boogie bots season 2

west: well they got the crews down

jabba season 1

super crew season 2

fanny season 2

kaba season 1

midwest: they got the crews down here too

asiid season 2

breaksk8 season 1

south:

live in color season 1

so real season 2

that would be MY line up lol but oh well...

I believe it was something to do with Cerebral Palsy? Whereas KM was for Culture Shock?

I didnt know Cultre Shock was considered a charity <_< .

It was retarded that all Fanny did was stand there. I expected them to present the award but w/e. It was just for more viewers.

Guest s o o s h ii

Sorry if this was posted before:

Behind the Scenes of ABDC, this is really interesting.

I did not write this.

----------------

First off, I want you to know that I used to work with MTV production team. Not on ABDC, but on other MTV shows. I quit about a year ago, but I knew a couple of people who still worked there, and one of my closest friends works for the ABDC team. My buddy has told me since the begining whats been going on behind the scenes of ABDC, and since this season is almost over I figured it's safest to reveal it now. If you're the type of person looking for hardcore proof, sorry but I don't have any. I'd rather not jeapodize my friend's job. But if you're willing to read, you may find this interesting.

First Elimination: Distorted X vs Fanny Pak

Yes, every elimination has had some form of tampering or planning from producers, starting at the very begining. But let me make this clear: Your votes DO count! Atleast towards the begining of the season, anyway! After the votes were tallyed, Sass x7 was really suppose to be in the bottom against Distorted X, but the producers (remembering last year) wanted to try and get rid of a West Coast crew early on. Not to mention the plan they had for Sass, but I'll talk about that later. So it was set they would be in the bottom two, and the producers wanted

Fanny Pak to go. HOWEVER the judges made an arugement to the producers, giving reasons why Fanny Pak should stay. The main reason they didn't want Distorted X to go first is because they felt the Southern viewers will be cheated (In both seasons, a southern group lost out first), which is something that's helped SoReal. They didn't want to seem like they had it out for the South. They also felt Distorted X appealed to more viewers. But in the end, the judges had their way and saved Fanny Pak (and, imo, rightfully so).

Second Elimination: Sass x7 vs Boogie Bots

Okay, first off Sass x7 was destinied to be on the show from the begining. As you know, the producers apporched their coach at school and signed a contract with them to be on the show (they went through the audition process for show). Now, here is where alot of you will say 'No way!' but, believe it or not Sass x7 WAS PLANNED to be the East Coast's main dance crew. MTV thought that since Fysh N' Chicks couldn't go well with the West viewers, Sass x7 would recieve a better recpetion with the East viewers and get alot of the female vote. Why they picked them? I haven't a clue, neither does my friend, but it's likely to do with marketing... Anyway, anyone who watched the show could tell Sass x7 had lost what small appeal they had and they noticed that if they continued on much longer, they'd only lose viewers. So, their fate was changed from East Coast final crew to gone, and going up against Boogie Bots (another crew that was never ment to win) would be a win-win. Sass x7 would have been gone by the 4th episode after seeing their votes, regardless.

Third Elimination: Phrest Select vs Xtreme Dance Force

By this episode, MTV had figured out from your votes that the B-Boy crews that would have the most wide appeal were Supreme Soul and Super Cr3w. So the producers wanted to trim the fat so to speak, getting rid of lesser B-Boys, who were already low in votes. So when XDF and Boogie bots once again came into the bottom, the producers switched it up and put Phrest Select in the fray. It was a win-win for them, depending on who went home they'd still be losing a lesser crew. As it turned out, Phrest Select did pretty good and sent XDF home (although I think that the producer's had hoped for the other way around.)

Fourth Elimination: Phresh Select vs Supreme Soul

Supreme Soul WAS NOT suppose to be in the bottom this week. Fanny Pak was. HOWEVER, the producers still wanted to get rid of Phrest Select, and they figured that Supreme Soul (who was currently the highest ranking team) could do it no problem. They weren't sure if Fanny Pak's style could get rid of the B-Boys, although it clearly could have. Let me start off by saying this: The PRODUCERS had wanted Supreme Soul to win. SS was, to them, the most marketable, most intereting, and an obvious crew to follw up behind the Jabbawockeez as America's Next Best Dance Crew. They already had everything MTV needed to be profitable off the show. They were put into the bottom because they were so impressive, and could easily defeat Phresh Select, and rise to perfection afterwards. And with their deciesive victory of Phresh Select, their victory was almost certain.

Fifth Elimination: ASIID vs Super Cr3w

A quick note: Fanny Pak was suppose to go home this week (or atleast they had hoped). HOWEVER, their performance of the speed up challenge showed a HUGE spike in votes, so MTV thought to hang on to them for another week. Anyway, the producers also noticed that it was down to six crews, HALF of which were West Coast. They wanted to get rid of a West Coast crew badly, and since Super Cr3w did poorly in the voting, they were tossed in against ASIID in hopes that the Midwest crew could knock them out (BB was in the bottom). The producers WANTED ASIID to win for their appeal to many diverse but target audiences. They also did not want the second Midwest crew to leave before a West crew did. BUT the judges once again made arguments for Super Cr3w (This tme, more because they were favorites of the judges). But unlike the first week, the higher ups wanted ASIID to stay. But the judges didn't praise ASIID as they had hoped and it would have been strange if the 'weaker' performance stayed, so the judges picked Super Cr3w, against the wishes of the producers. This really upset the higher ups, and... well, I'm sure you know what happened. And so it is done.

Sixth Elimination: Supreme Soul vs Super Cr3w

With the majorty of the crews west, they needed to throw the two most similar crews in so that they could not only stir up controversy, drama, and appeal, they could also make Supreme Soul seem a bit more humble in later episodes, hopefully broading their appeal. Boogie Bots were suppose to be in the bottom along with Super Cr3w, but the judges felt that this way SS could not only show they are the strongest west crew, but they're the best B-Boy crew and secure the almost certain victory. So they figured SS would easily knock out Super Cr3w, and then be crowned ABDC. Oh, and incase you're wondering, Fanny Pak's dance style was too different for them to be scrapped at this point in the series, it was still bringing in viewers. I personally feel Super Cr3w had the weaker performance this night. But the judges once again argued that they enjoyed this crew, and thought their appeal was just as good as SS. So they sent home SS, which completely upset the producers. I mean, seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if a judge or two might not return for season three... not naming names here. Some may be asking: "Well, why didn't the producers just step in?". Well: 1) They didn't think the judges would do this. 2) When Mario reads that name, the entire crowd hears it. They 'd have to do a retapping, which would be obviously edited and forced. 3) The people who went the viewing would spill the secret, and then when the episode aired everyone will know the show is rigged. Finally, although they most likely won't admit it, Super Cr3w does have alot more markablity then some of the other crews... but now the producers took the show into their own hands.

Seventh Elimination: Boogie Bots vs Fanny Pak

Luckily, Fanny Pak's last challenge wasn't so hot. Boogie Bots just didn't get alot of votes. So the two went up against each other. The producers wanted Fanny Pak to go home, so that it could be an East-West-South showdown for the final three, plus they didn't want to seem too biased when the 80's challenge was revealed (since everyone would automatically assume Fanny Pak's got it in the bag). But the judges once again didn't agree with the producers, and luckily, Boogie Bot's bombed. Fanny Pak's standing ovation was the icing on the cake, no one could go home after that. My friend said she thought the judges might have been standing for another reason, though.

Eight Elimination: Fanny Pak vs Super Cr3w

This happened agained. The two power house crews were from the West. And guess what: Fanny Pak DID have the most votes last week. SoReal had the fewest, SC inthe middle Just like last year, MTV paniced upon seeing this, feeling that they would lose viewers from the South upon seeing that the south could and would likely lose to one of the two judges's favorite's crews. However, if they had just said SoReal had gotten the most votes, like Status Quo did on the first season, they KNEW they'd lose viewers. BUT, the Kaba vs Jabba showdown was one of the best rated episodes of the show, so they knew that drama would sell and if the two wests were in the bottom again, they'd get more ratings. They wanted to make sure that the two most markable crews made it to the final two, so that whoever wins, MTV gets a nice check. But how? Easy: SoReal, while getting low at time, had never had a LOW amount of votes. Fanny Pak had the 3rd lowest on the first episode and was pretty bad until the speed up. Super Cr3w had been in the bottom, so it was easy to say they hadn't gotten as many votes as they had. So, at the last second, they informed ABDC staff that the final elimination was based on total votes instead of last weeks votes (had they wanted this from the begining, Mario would have mentioned it in episode before at the end, instead of making it seem as if this week was normal). Since SoReal hadn't been in the bottom, this was the easiest twist that they could do that could make the viewers understand how SoReal remained safe and continued onto the finals without, they thought, stirring up controversy. In the bottom, the judges were torn: Fanny Pak was the clear victor, not to mention their overall progress on the show. But Super Cr3w was who the producers wanted to go into the final. The judges had at first picked Fanny Pak, but the vote was changed to Super Cr3w during the break between the judging and the elimination. Incase anyone was wondering why the judges seemed upset over Fanny Pak's leaving (such as Lil Mama's poem & Shane's constant remarks of being excited over seeing Fanny Pak again).

Finale: Super Cr3w vs SoReal Cru

All I really have to say here: Do you really think that if SoReal Cru fans could have carried them to the finals without falling into the bottom, do you really think that they would have lost the entire thing? And no, even if every Fanny Pak fan voted for Super Cr3w, they'd still come up a little short. I don't have any hard numbers, since MTV refuses to release the total votes because of their tampering. However, my friend estimates that it Super Cr3w would have fallen only about 1,000 or so votes short of the crown (So Real has ALOT of fans). But who knows. Both crews were very markable for MTV, so it was a win-win to them.

So I hope this long post has helped you all to understand what's going on behind the scenes of ABDC. My friend hasn't made any deciesions yet, but she MIGHT work on the set of ABDC 3. But I'm not sure. Now, this whole post might have made some of you think 'Why bother voting?' Don't think that! Your votes will still matter! After all, both crews are markable to MTV! Keep it up guys!

is people who want it...

i have nothing against the crews i really dont... but i really find it weird that so real was never in the bottom and yet they lost to super cr3w... if it is based on votes then ill give it to them...but then clear enough if its gonna be like that then i honestly dont think that it should be based on americas vote... cuz then it will biased

Archived