America's Best Dance Crew, Season 2 / Abdc: Battle For The Vma's

Guest leongfun

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest endlessrain

SOREAL <3 :tears:

Still love yall!

SC were rockin the Philippines flag in their outfits right? Cause i was flippin out to my family when they thought it was the Cuban flag lol and frig missed RJ waving the flag around, congrats to them tho.

Wow who didnt see another season coming this fall lol

If top 3 plus ASIID from each season goes on tour, im def going!

kaba doesnt need the tour......they've basically been going on their own little tour around the country on their own.

it's So Real

Yeah..guess your right..

to the person that said kaba is better than jabba...

wtf?

this is the SECOND season thread

if you wanna live in the past go find the first season thread

<_<

Guest dON^_^

Actually the JabbaWockeeZ got a touring contract from ABDC since they won, but I don't know how long it is. Like the others said, Kaba Modern is doing well on their own since many events, clubs, etc invite them to put on a show. Same will go for Super Cr3w, places throwing big show gigs on TV or at local conventions and can't afford or Super Crew isn't available, they can just invite local bboy crews. So other Bboys are definately gonna profit off this and help our bboy scene out.

This is a bit off topic but I never realized that none of the Kaba Modern members who competed in ABDC were Filipino :mellow:

Jia Huang - Chinese

Lawrence Kao - Chinese

Cindy Minowa - Japanese

Mike Song - Korean

Yuri Tag - Korean

Tony Tran - Vietnamese

Not that it matters but I always thought Cindy and Jia were Filipino lol.

Wow, I was so freaking off!

^Kaba Modern was founded by filipinos and it was supposed to be a fillipino crew

so..common mistake?

No. Here's the explanation taken from wiki

A 6-person segment of their team auditioned for, and succeeded in, the right to compete as one of 12 dance crews in the first season of Randy Jackson's interactive reality show, America's Best Dance Crew broadcast on MTV in early 2008. In a twist of irony, none of the Kaba members on America's Best Dance Crew were Filipino, since two Filipino Kaba Modern members who were originally going had to leave the show due to being the Kaba Modern 2008 coordinators.

The six that were chosen did a terrific job though.

I wonder which 2 were recruited at the last minute.

(Yuri maybe? 'Cause I see her as being the weakest out of the six)

Guest a.dorkable

i am so happy that Super CR3W won

during the entire episode i was holding my breath

i practically jumped up and screamed when they announced Super CR3W as ABDC :]

they worked really hard every week and their perfromances were always amazing

congrats on winning ABDC Super CR3w ^^

also, i agree with those who believe Supreme Soul and Fanny Pak should have been in top 3

if you ask me, i think SS's departure was premature :/

Guest angelcadex

No. Here's the explanation taken from wiki

The six that were chosen did a terrific job though.

I wonder which 2 were recruited at the last minute.

(Yuri maybe? 'Cause I see her as being the weakest out of the six)

Jia and Tony or Lao (can't remember) replaced the coordis.

^Kaba Modern was founded by filipinos and it was supposed to be a fillipino crew

so..common mistake?

It's actually that Kaba Modern (forgot the actual name) was a group started by Filipinos and they created a dance group that ended up branching out to other ethnicity's.

^ i think yuri and jia replaced Simbol and Allibon bc Cindy, Mike, and...Tony or Lawrence were the 07-08 coords.

Jia and Tony replaced Allison and Andrew because Allison and Andrew got promoted to 2008 coordinators and they didn't want to abandon their responsibilities and the rest of the KM crew back home, so they left ABDC. :)

If you look at this video, you'll see that Tony and Jia are missing at the interview around 0:08 and at the pre-auditions around 0:31.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7Li7WRIvkek

kabacq4.jpg

kaba2fx2.jpg

^ At ABDC pre-auditions.

Here's Allison being promoted coordinator LOL:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYoMTSIJRk

edit: I found a random video of Tony and Allison D:

Jia and Tony replaced Allison and Andrew because Allison and Andrew got promoted to 2008 coordinators and they didn't want to abandon their responsibilities and the rest of the KM crew back home, so they left ABDC. :)

If you look at this video, you'll see that Tony and Jia are missing at the interview around 0:08 and at the pre-auditions around 0:31.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7Li7WRIvkek

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img353.imageshack.us/img353/885/kabacq4.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7341/kaba2fx2.jpg

^ At ABDC pre-auditions.

Here's Allison being promoted coordinator LOL:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYoMTSIJRk

edit: I found a random video of Tony and Allison D:

Tony is SO cute. Love his piercings and his braces (I have a thing for mouth gear lmao).

He's just seriously adorable. I want to smush his face.

edit*

Damn, Yuri needs to be my little wifey haha.

I hope MTV releases ABDC dvds.

Word on the street is that 'ABDC' will have a special episode airing next Saturday at 1 p.m. on MTV where Status Quo, BreakSk8, Kaba Modern, SoReal Cru and Fanny Pak will compete for an appearance at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. But the real kicker is that champs JabbaWockeeZ and Super Cr3w will be performing a Shane Sparks choreographed routine together onstage for the first time! I can't even imagine what sorts of breathtaking and awe-inspiring moves that trio will produce. You'd be a fool if you missed this monumental event.

I saw this a few days ago. I wonder why they have 3 from Season 1 and only 2 from Season 2 0_o? Is it beacuse BB was that bad? I say switch them for SS (who should have been there anyways). It's not over for ABDC afterall. You have to admit, dance has really blown up due to the show.

Archived