[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

Guest piano_lady

Wow...I just realized that I was infected by The Virus exactly a year ago!

And I just finished rewatching the drama (for the nth time!) a few minutes ago!

Watching the drama is always a wonderful experience...

I wish more people will get to appreciate this series that has left a deep impression on me.

Hi there, zung21! Welcome to the thread :)

Missing Kang Mae...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest murti74

Me too, Michi, me too.....

Hehe, just about when i think i want to re-watch the series, you told me that you're just finished it (and i now seriously think that i'm not the only BV addicted person, ;) ) :D :D

Guest piano_lady

Nope, you're not alone, Ika! :D

And now, my mom is addicted as well.

She's suffering from BV withdrawals so I just play classical music out loud :lol:

Oh, you're not alone ... in being addicted. :D

Although, I don't re-watch the entire drama anymore. I just jump around and watch whichever episode that my finger happens to select. And, I'm never disappointed because every episode, of this drama, was excellent and worth repeated viewings.

When I think about this drama, I, instantly remember the music and the people in the 'mouse' orchestra. The other characters and negative events never come to mind. Then, I smile because I feel the warmth of Senior, Junior, Rumi and everyone in the 'mouse' orchestra.

The scene that really express my feelings is the day-dreaming sequence by Kang Mae, in which they are all at a lawn party, by a river and they are all happy. This scene reminds me of Georges-Pierre Seurat's painting, "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte". And, is in tune with this description, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges-Pierre_Seurat,

Seurat took to heart the color theorists' notion of a scientific approach to painting. Seurat believed that a painter could use color to create harmony and emotion in art in the same way that a musician uses counterpoint and variation to create harmony in music.

Also, thank you to piano_lady and others for creating MM International.

BTW, is the DVD set available yet? With English subs?

Guest piano_lady

Hi Auntie Mame! :) Good to see you here!

I'm glad to know that I am not alone in this! :lol:

Today actually marks the first year of my meeting with KMM in Vienna (at the airport)...remember that? :) So I have prepared a collection of my roller coaster experiences and they're available for viewing for MMI members.

091113 - KMM in Vienna Part 1 (First meeting at the airport)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...=236&t=1281

091113 - KMM in Vienna Part 2 (I Know Where KMM Is!)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...=236&t=1282

091113 - KMM in Vienna Part 3 (Before the Hotel Meeting)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...=236&t=1283

091113 - KMM in Vienna Part 4 (The Hotel Meeting)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...=236&t=1284

091113 - KMM in Vienna Part 5 (The Airport Send Off)

http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...=236&t=1285

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another good news about Beethoven Virus!!

091113* - Beethoven Virus nominated as Best Drama at the 14th Asian Television Awards

OBV-1stConcert02.jpg

Beethoven Virus was nominated in the category "Best Drama Series" in the 14th Asian Television Awards (ATA). The festival will take place in Singapore on December 3, 2009.

The ATA is the most significant and celebrated event of Asia's television industry, drawing about 1,400 entries each year. It recognises excellence in programming, production and performance. The winners are decided in an on-line judging process. The jurors, coming from over 15 countries, are well-known experts in the regional media who have strong programming or production background.

Beethoven Virus competes against drama series like Warkah Terakhir (Malaysia), The Samurai Gentleman (Japan), The Little Nyonya (Singapore), 1895 in Formosa (Taiwan), or City Homicide (Australia). A total of 13 series are nominated for the award. 13 November 2009, MyungMin International

Guest piano_lady

091113* - Kim Myung Min nominated at the 14th Asian Television Awards

021280.jpg

Kim Myung Min is once again recognized in the international scene as Beethoven Virus' talented but vulgar conductor, Kang Mae!

Kim was nominated in the "Best Drama Performance By An Actor" category at the 14th Asian Television Awards (ATA), known as the most prestigious and celebrated event in Asia's television industry.

The Award was launched in 1996, and it draws about 1,400 entries each year from broadcasters all over Asia. For this year, 33 awards will be given out to recognize the best in programming, production and performance. Winners will be determined by a panel of judges comprising of well-known experts and leaders in the regional media industry who have strong programming or production background.

Other nominees in the Best Actor category are Lee Min Ho for Boys Over Flowers (Korea), Adrian Pang for Red Thread (Singapore), Qi Yu Wu for The Little Nyonya (Singapore), Chen Han Wei for By My Side (Singapore), Patrick Teoh for Red Thread (Singapore) and Pierre Png for The Little Nyonya (Singapore).

The 33 awardees will be announced at the ATA 2009 Gala Dinner to be held in Singapore on December 3, 2009.

13 November 2009, MyungMin International

Guest BoaStarDust

I'm exploring the possibility if the music scores are available, and Kang Mae's ringtone in mp3/wma.

Would greatly appreciate help on this..

Currently learning violin, trying to learn the pieces :) love the scene where kang mae's trying to control the breathing rhythm during the lady's labor. lol :X "in, out ~ 1,2 1,2~!" xD

Guest piano_lady

Hi BoaStarDust!

Welcome to the BV thread :) Well, I believe his ringtone is available on YouTube. You could just download it from there. Someone posted the link here, if I remember correctly...

I believe some of the music sheets (OST) are also available online.

Guest max1641

@winwetty: thank you for your CD list, I spent whole night listen to those tracks !!!

Hi,

do you know what is the password for the links in megaupload?

Thanks.

Max

Guest max1641

for those who still looking for Beethoven Virus : The Classics Vol.1 & Vol.2

Beethoven Virus Soundtracks : The Classics Vol. 1

l_p1012073673.jpg

CD1

01 . SARASATE : Zigeunerweisen

(사라사테 : 치고이너바이젠)

Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin Wiener Philharmoniker / James Levine

[

I think some of your links are not correct: they repeated.

Can you update to correct links?

Thank you very much.

Guest g1g1.12

i can say that im a late bloomer for kang mae syndrome but seriously infected by the virus..haha..

I just finished the drama a week ago and I can't get over of KMM..I just love love love love kim myung min in this drama..he's such a good actor! he doesn't need to speak for the viewer to know how the character felt at that moment..

it's my very first post here in soompi so pardon my ignorance.. but i just can't pass this moment to post my addiction to BV and to contirbute to the thread..I've been a silent lurker of this thread and currently backreading the 200+ posts..I'm currently in 120 pg..(80+ to go!!)..fighting!

wishing for BV 2! :D

offtopic : right now i'm currently looking where I can watch his latest movie closer to heaven , any1 knows wer i can watch this? i don't think it will b shown here in my country.. so sad!

Happy Anniversary to Piano_Lady's encounters with KMM! I really enjoyed re-reading your account of the meetings with Kang Maestro, on the MMInternational site.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought the "Beethoven's Virus" DVD set from dvdheaven and can give feedback on how good are the English subs. Althouh, the subs from the fan-subbing group, WithS-2, were excellent, I do want to support the drama by purchasing the DVD set.

Thanks for any information. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ^L4uRa^

wow.. i cant believe im so late to see this drama..

it;s soooo diff from any drama ive seen so far...

but hell yeah, now i know why it's so popular....

kkkk...

at first i watched this coz i got infected by geunsuk fever after watching YAB..

and now im totally in love with this drama~!!!

great acting with awesome actors, love the script, love the storyline, love the cinematography... and ofcourseee... LOVE THE CLASSICAL scoresss... hahaha....

<33333

Guest elaviel

Hi everyone ^^ I just started watching BV too, also because of YAB.. hahaha

I'm up to episode 6, but I can't find it with Eng subs anywhere. Does anyone know where I can watch it? I've tried all the usual streaming sites, but it's all been taken down :(

cute girl - is your torrent with Eng subs, by any chance :P

Guest firefaery

hi! does anyone know where i can direct download the raws for this series? coz the link in the first post doesn't work anymore.. T^T i really want to watch this series.. please help.. =]

Guest speechless

I just finished the last episode of this drama.. Wahh :(

At first I really disliked Maestro Kang but I learned about his attitude, his past, and to read between the lines. He is so caring in his own way, especially for Ru Mi and Gun Woo. I also wanted more romance scenes, but then I gradually started to understand that this is not a romance drama. It's about familial love, the power of music, not to judge a book by its cover. It showed us the lives of ordinary people and one world famous conductor and how they changed. This drama made me cry, it made me mad, it made me frustrated, and it also taught me a better sense of my violin. It has become one of my all-time favorite dramas, and I felt like I grew with the Mouse Orchestra. (:

Archived