[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

Guest piano_lady

Ah, I see (: thank you for the new link. (btw, I meant that the site is *down, not done lol) Will there be any hardsubs in the future possibly?

Oh, I don't think hardsubs will be available in the future.

But the DVD with English subtitles (multi-audio) should is out ;)

Click here :)

Check out the collection of BV photos in the KMM photo gallery here

Official and BTS photos have already been uploaded :)

However, these can be viewed by members of the international fanclub of KMM, MyungMin International

Not yet a member? Join us for free! :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piano_lady

Lee Jia's got a new drama!

Thanks to dramabeans :)

Lee Jia’s got Style

May 7th, 2009 // by javabeans

leejia51.jpg

Newish actress Lee Jia of Beethoven and Legend is taking on her third leading role in as many acting jobs with SBS’s upcoming drama series Style [스타일].

The drama is based on a novel of the same name, and has been called the Korean Devil Wears Prada. The bestselling book depicts the life of the main character (Lee’s role) who has worked at a fashion magazine for eight years, and deals with the power struggles, fierce competition, and romantic relationships that come with it.

Directing is PD Oh Jong-rok (Working Mom, Daisy, Hello My Teacher), while the writer is In Eun-ha of My Tutor Friend 2, Love & Marriage, and Goong.

Cast opposite Lee is Ryu Shi-won (meh); the Wedding actor will play a plastic surgeon and restaurant owner. I don’t hate Ryu, but his casting, coupled with an actress I’m generally on the fence about, means I have a hard time mustering excitement for the project. What is has going for it, though, is an existing world and audience, being an adaptation of a popular novel. Also, while I don’t think either Goong or Love & Marriage were brilliantly written dramas, they were series I watched till the end and enjoyed for the most part.

Style will air on weekends after the new series Beautiful Legacy ends in late July.

Via Star News

Guest piano_lady

reposting from KMM thread

BV promotional video in Japanese :)

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=15334341

credits to chiquitita

Some behind the scene photos of the BV teaser.

Credits as indicated:

virus1_fourplaza.jpg

virus4_fourplaza.jpg

virus5_fourplaza.jpg

virus8_fourplaza.jpg

virus7_fourplaza.jpg

Guest peikojung

Lee Jia's got a new drama!

Thanks to dramabeans :)

May 7th, 2009 // by javabeans

leejia51.jpg

Newish actress Lee Jia of Beethoven and Legend is taking on her third leading role in as many acting jobs with SBS’s upcoming drama series Style [스타일].

The drama is based on a novel of the same name, and has been called the Korean Devil Wears Prada. The bestselling book depicts the life of the main character (Lee’s role) who has worked at a fashion magazine for eight years, and deals with the power struggles, fierce competition, and romantic relationships that come with it.

Directing is PD Oh Jong-rok (Working Mom, Daisy, Hello My Teacher), while the writer is In Eun-ha of My Tutor Friend 2, Love & Marriage, and Goong.

Cast opposite Lee is Ryu Shi-won (meh); the Wedding actor will play a plastic surgeon and restaurant owner. I don’t hate Ryu, but his casting, coupled with an actress I’m generally on the fence about, means I have a hard time mustering excitement for the project. What is has going for it, though, is an existing world and audience, being an adaptation of a popular novel. Also, while I don’t think either Goong or Love & Marriage were brilliantly written dramas, they were series I watched till the end and enjoyed for the most part.

Style will air on weekends after the new series Beautiful Legacy ends in late July.

Via Star News

WOW!!

such a good news.

looking forward to it.

thank you so much for the news!

LOVE Jiah onni~~ ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Janie Simply

I think my friend is pretty biased; This is what she commented... :rolleyes:

" After watching Beethoven Virus – a strong film, it will be a challenge to find a drama that will match it. Because BV has a lot of energy. KMM exudes strength and energy in his acting, it will certainly be difficult to find a drama that will satisfy. Examples of other actors with “energy” in their acting are: Lee Byung Hun and Takuya Kimura (for example, in PRIDE).

Will share some of her random thought on BV another day :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wai0327

This is the first k-drama i really enjoyed. Every single episode was good. Great acting and a strong script. Made me a fan of KMM. A lot of energy like what janie-hunnie said. Almost gave it a miss but managed to catch a few episodes in China when i was there. Anyone knows where i can get the DVD set with special features? The one i got does not have any features.

Guest piano_lady

This is the first k-drama i really enjoyed. Every single episode was good. Great acting and a strong script. Made me a fan of KMM. A lot of energy like what janie-hunnie said. Almost gave it a miss but managed to catch a few episodes in China when i was there. Anyone knows where i can get the DVD set with special features? The one i got does not have any features.

janie, what your friend said is oh-so-true! honestly, it's really hard for me to watch other dramas these days. I always end up comparing it with BV...

wai, did you check the official DVD with English subtitles? it's available in YesAsia :)

Guest wai0327

wai, did you check the official DVD with English subtitles? it's available in YesAsia :)

Thanks! :D I went to YesAsia. It's not stated if there are special features. Just bought White Tower from Amazon because someone commented about the special features. :)

Guest Unanimous

Can anyone please help me? Is there a website where I can watch this online (w/o having to download it)?

I am hooked onto this drama, but mysoju.com their episode 9 and onward links are broken =(

Someone probably removed the videos. =(

I am so desperate right now. Wanna watch this so bad.

Please help.

Guest wai0327

Can anyone please help me? Is there a website where I can watch this online (w/o having to download it)?

I am hooked onto this drama, but mysoju.com their episode 9 and onward links are broken =(

Someone probably removed the videos. =(

I am so desperate right now. Wanna watch this so bad.

Please help.

Hi, if you understand Chinese, you can watch it on Tudou. :)

Guest Janie Simply

There... here's my friend CS's random thoughts on BV :)

~I am so IN LOVE with the conductor!!!

~Indeed, an engrossing drama, never a dull moment

~KMM deserves the best actor award - 100%

~there are powerful moments, touching moments, tender moments, hilarious moments (esp when the conductor is displaying his eccentricity and sarcasm)

~the drama draws people into the lives of the characters - you feel hate, you feel love, you feel the struggles that characters were going through; one sees the growth and changed in the live of the main characters and their families

~I love the sensual cello number (very latin-like tune); I had to rewind several times to listen to this piece; I want to know the title and the composer; how do I describe this song played by the cellist? - perhaps agitated, reflecting her feelings as she fights her husband to express her desire to play cello professionally; her tumultus feeling is expressed through the song perhaps?

~I also enjoyed the oboe number (from The Mission, Gabriel's Oboe) -- don't know if the word "eerie" is the right word - but the song pierces the soul

~I want to know who all the professional musicians are - who is the pianist who is so skilled?

~truly inspirational drama - to see how a group of ragtag orchestra players/individuals (with personal dreams and aspirations) work together to overcome all obstacles and struggled against all odds and came out victorious; the conductor is instrumenal in bringing out the best in each person - but not without trampling on egos

~I apppreciate the conductor being aware of his shortcomings, and allowing his competition to take the apprentice under his wing; you sense the mutual admiration in the conductor and apprentice

~I have a lot of laughters esp when the conductor is being extremely sarcastic and demanding

~the conductor has his shortfalls and vulnerabilities and weaknesses - and this in part, made him endearing to me. Of course I am attracted by very intelligent and talented characters too.

~the finale: your heart and soul soars up to the heavens as you listen to the grand finale of Beethoven's Ode to Joy - powerful ending! Bravo!

~after journeying with the characters and conductor through 18 episodes, one can fall in LOVE with the conductor as one can see how although he has his social shortcomings, he was able to develope his orchestra members in his own unique way, bringing them to a higher level and standard of performance

~I like the conductor's openness, forthrightness and honesty; no beating around the bush with him

~KMM trained sooo well - he looks like a professional conductor, I wonder what real musicians would say about his conducting ability? KMM is an outstanding performer - his ability as an actor is worthy to be lauded; superb! He could make the viewer hate him, love him, feel sorry for him, cheer for him; KMM does not have to over-act -- you can sense through his expression that he is a self-dsciplined person with lots of self-control; KMM acted so well - when he was being obnoxious - it made me laugh my head off

~BV has excellent choice of classical music and i love the pop music at the end... I want to know all the titles and maybe buy the CD soundtrack

~this drama made me want to pursue higher studies in music and music history; challenges me to have dreams, to have discipline; to have tenacity.

~~~

PL, welcome back! Sounds like you have a fruitful trip :) Anyway, t'is the friend I mentioned a while back who wanted to have a short affair with KMM, shh... any connection :rolleyes:

p.s. The last I heard she is engrossing in Immortal Admiral YSS <_<

Guest piano_lady

Drama Music Is New Source for Hits

drama1.jpg

Pop

group T-Max hit it big when the group participated in the original

soundtrack album for popular drama "Boys Over Flowers" early this year.

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

In the past, original soundtrack albums were just a little extra

something that came with a television drama. Now, however, more viewers

and drama makers are starting to realize their importance and potential.

One of the most popular drama soundtracks lately has been Baek

Ji-young's ``Is Love a Sin?'' for the SBS drama ``Princess Ja-myung,''

starring Jung Ryeo-won and Park Min-young. Her sad ballad was made for

Jung's character Ja-myung, and although the drama is not faring well in

the ratings, the song is soaring in popularity, topping Internet music

charts.

``We started working on the original soundtrack a year before the

actual airing of the drama. We were given the synopsis of the program,

and after discussions with the producer, we managed to create music and

songs that were a fit for the big budget period drama,'' Lee Sang-ho,

the music producer, told The Korea Times.

In the past, drama production companies would work on the album, along

with the television series itself, but due to financial difficulties,

the albums would often be pushed to the sidelines.

drama2.jpg

``But now, broadcasters outsource the soundtracks to a separate

company, like `Ja-myung.' We put our money and effort on the albums, so

of course we strive to bring out the best album possible,'' Lee said.

The recent rush of top singers joining the soundtrack scene is another result of this extra effort.

``We aim to create a high-quality album, and that includes the singers.

We would discuss with the drama makers, and when we all agree that this

specific singer is a fit for the song, we start recording,'' he added.

The producer said soundtrack albums hit their peak with the drama

``Boys Over Flowers,'' and continued with several others including

``Princess Ja-myung.''

Although SS501 already had a firm fan base, working on the drama,

``Boys Over Flowers,'' helped them gain more recognition. In F4 star

Kim Jun's group T-Max's case, working on the original soundtrack for

the hit drama was indeed a stroke of luck.

The line of top singers continued, with Lee Seung-chul singing for the

drama ``East of Eden'' (MBC), while singers like Ho-ran, Position,

Jung-in and Seo Mun-tak joined together for the drama ``The City Hall''

(SBS). Tae-yeon and Tiffany from Girls' Generation worked on the dramas

``Beethoven Virus'' (MBC) and ``Princess Ja-myung,'' respectively.

More singers are expected to attract new fans through drama

soundtracks, including Big Bang members T.O.P. and Tae-yang, who will

be working on the new drama ``Friends, Our Story'' (MBC).

The members' agency YG Entertainment said that they decided to join the

project despite their busy schedule in Japan, and that they were

thrilled to participate in such a drama.

``It's the first time for us to be working for an original soundtrack

of a drama, and we can't wait to see how our songs will appear in the

program,'' the two members were quoted as saying by their agency.

Pop group Super Junior will also connect with fans through dramas, with

their song ``Dreaming Hero'' for the new show ``The Partner'' (KBS).

``Although `The Partner' is a program about law and attorneys, it's

more cheerful than serious. We naturally tried to make bright songs and

also tried to bring singers in for the younger crowd to help us bring

out that atmosphere,'' Lee Pil-ho, the music director, said.

``We simply hope listeners and viewers will consider soundtrack albums

as nothing less than ordinary albums. Soundtracks no longer depend on

the popularity of a drama, but work on their own now. It's a whole new

service we can provide to the audience,'' said Lee.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

'http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2009/06/135_47617.html

~~~~~~

The soundtrack of BV is definitely the best!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piano_lady

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Kim Myung Min (Kang Mae) has been nominated in the Best Actor category and Beethoven Virus in the Best Drama category at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2009 (brought to you by Hi-Seoul Festival and Yahoo Korea)!

Here's the link: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/event/sda2009/ ... drama.html

~ Voting period starts today (July 13th till August 30th)

~ Every person is allowed to vote once per day

(so please bookmark the voting page and don't forget to cast your vote everyday until August 30th)

So what are you waiting for? Cast your votes now!!

Remember, every vote counts so spread the word! :D

P.S. Use Internet Explorer to vote! icon_e_wink.gif

Guest piano_lady

Sharing with you some newly subbed KMM videos:

Kim Myung Min's Maestro Photoshoot (Sept 2008)

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEl0Ecer5dk

Kim Myung Min on MBC Happy Day 2009 PaekSang Special (March 3, 2009)

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAhpAkrYoq8

Credits to MMI Video Team :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edit:

Reposting from MMI - http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...f=142&t=537

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Myung Min and Lee Sang Yoon, Best Actors in the Korean Broadcasting Association Awards

2009/07/20 16:22

kmm.jpg

Kim Myung Min and Lee Sang Yoon are the winners in the Best Actor and Best New Actor categories, respectively, in the 36th Korea Broadcasting Association Awards.

According to KBA, the preliminary selection conducted on July 7-11, and the final selection conducted on July 14-18, resulted to the selection of the winners.

Kim Myung Min's skill was recognized in his latest drama, Beethoven Virus and Lee Sang Yoon for "I Love You, Don't Cry."

(omitted...mentions the other winners in other categories)

The awarding ceremony will be held on September 3 at the KBS Hall and will be broadcasted live on SBS.

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no ... &outlink=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! It's another award for KMM!

And it's KMM's 6th Award for BV!

Yohoo!! Congratulations!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote for KMM and BV here: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/event/sda2009/en_rank_us.html

:):D:):D

Archived