[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

Guest piano_lady

Petit France celebrates anniversary

200907230031.jpg

Drive along state road No. 391 along Bukhan River and Cheongpyeong Lake. Passing through the beautiful scenery, one encounters a completely foreign sight at the foot of Mount Homyeong, and one might wonder if this is even Korea. Located in Goseong-ri of Chyeongpyeong, it is Petit France, a tiny culture village of 20 pretty houses featuring all things France.

The village opened its doors to the public last July and is celebrating its first anniversary this weekend.

This cultural area is a result of a native Korean businessman's 20 years of collecting. Han Hong-sup, a former owner of a paint manufacturing company, had been working on creating this village due to his infatuation with France since his first visit there. Han said he hopes the village will provide good experiences for young people to get a taste of a different culture.

The village will be hosting a number of events this weekend to celebrate its first birthday with a ceremony led by native French television personality Ida Daussy. Winners from nationwide chanson contest will sing a tune, while a musical puppet play of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint Exupery will be staged.

There will be an experience to bake French bread (as well as eat it), along with a parade of characters from "The Little Prince." Visitors can also play "petanque," France's traditional game using a large steel marble. Other events include jazz performances and free face paintings.

The village sits on a 117,357 square-meter land and was originally built as a student camp. Along with various exhibition houses, it has 34 guest rooms that can accommodate up to 200 people.

The Orgel House features a display of different antique orgels making tingling melody. The memorial hall for Saint Exupery shows the life of the author, along with a detailed explanation of his famous works.

The house exhibition shows a replica of houses from France 150 years ago. The observatory tower on the third floor has a breathtaking view of Cheongpyeong Lake and Mount Homyeong.

The entrance fee is 8,000 won for adults, 6,000 won for students and 5,000 won for children. More information can be reached at www.pfcamp.com or (031) 584-8200.

(angiely@heraldm.com)

By Lee Joo-hee

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...00907240005.asp

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piano_lady

Reposting from MMI...

Who is the most awarded character (among the roles that KMM portrayed so far?)

Kim Myung Min was recently selected as Best Actor (for Beethoven Virus) by the Korea Broadcasting Association

(see news update - http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...p;p=4482#p4482)

To date, this award is his 6th win for Beethoven Virus!

So, BV enthusiasts, rejoice!!! :D

Winners list:

1st place -- Kang Mae (6 awards)

* The 36th Korea Broadcasting Association Awards: Best Actor

* The 21st Producers Awards of Korea: Best Performer

* The 45th PaekSang Arts Awards: Best TV Actor

* MBC Drama Awards: Grand Prize

* The 9th Broadcaster Awards: Best Performance in Broadcasting

* The 3rd Korea Drama Festival: Grand Prize

2nd place -- Gen. Lee Soon-shin (5 awards)

* The 33rd Korea Broadcasting Awards: Best Talent

* The 18th Producers Awards of Korea: Best Performer

* The 18th Grime Awards: Best Actor

* KBS Drama Awards: Grand Prize

* The 4th KBS Right Language Awards

3rd place -- Dr Jang Jun Hyuk (4 awards)

* The 20th Producers Awards of Korea: Best Performer

* MBC Drama Awards: Best Actor

* The 43rd PaekSang Arts Awards: Best TV Actor

* The 20th Grime Awards: Best Actor

For more info on KMM's numerous awards, check out his updated wiki page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Myung-min

Congratulations, Kim Myung Min!! You are absolutely brilliant!!

Guest piano_lady

Seoul International Drama Awards 2009' to be opened on Sept. 11

Published online on July 17, 2009

sidao.jpg

The awarding ceremony of the 'Seoul International Drama Awards 2009' is held at Olympic Park on 11th of September. It attracted 169 entries from 37 countries, which is the largest in the history of the event. They came from Asia, America, Europe, and the Middle East.

In its 4th edition this year, the SDA, the world's first international award giving ceremony dedicated to dramas, comprises of events and showcases, contributing to international exchanges as the only international drama festival.

The organizing committee of the SDA (Chairman Lee Byung-soon) announced works nominated for the final selection. They include Merlin (UK), which was popular when it was broadcast in Korea, Doctor Who Series 4 on BBC, Memoirs in China (China), "Beethoven Virus" (Korea), "Painter of the Wind" (Korea), and "The Slingshot" (Korea).

Nominated for the Best Actor are Kim Myeong-min, known as 'The Nation's Actor', and Park Yong-ha, star of the Korean Wave. Nominees for the Best Actress include Moon Geun-yeong, heroine of "Painter of the Wind".

Meanwhile, online vote is conducted until Aug.31 to select the best drama and actor and actresses.

'Netizen Popularity Award' is given to dramas, actors & actresses with the largest number of votes. Especially, the voting event is expected to attract attention around the world, given that it is conducted in English and Japanese.

The drama candidates for the online voting event are a total of 35 dramas including 15 from Korea, such as 'Boys over Flowers', 'East of the Eden', "Iljimae", and 'Beethoven Virus'. As for the actors and actresses, 67 are nominated for the vote. They include Lee Min-ho, Lee Joon-ki, Koo Hye-seon, and Kim Nam-joo.

The 'Seoul International Drama Awards 2009' is hosted by the organizing committee of the SDA and The Korean Broadcasters Association. It is co-sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Seoul Metropolitan City, KBS, MBC, SBS, EBS, and the Korea Creative Content Agency. It is planned by SBS Production.

Source: Hancinema - http://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_B ... #news20395

~~~~~~~~~~

Fighting, BV and KMM!

Guest honeybear

At first, i thought it was just me but I find Kang Mae (Kim Myung Min) very charming in Beethoven Virus !!! Even though Im only at the first few episodes .. secondly, can some kind soul post up the link to the ost.. cos i cant find in the ost thread .. thank you

Guest piano_lady

Hi honeybear! Glad to see you here! :) At least I have some company! hahahaa...

Anyway, I will look for the links to the OST, okies so hang in there! :D

KMM? Charming? :D No doubt about that! He's irresistible as Kang Mae! :blush:

Guest honeybear

Hi honeybear! Glad to see you here! :) At least I have some company! hahahaa...

Anyway, I will look for the links to the OST, okies so hang in there! :D

KMM? Charming? :D No doubt about that! He's irresistible as Kang Mae! :blush:

I manage to find some on the first page of this thread .. !! However, its not exactly what I've been looking for .. Do you remember the 5th episode, the classical pieces they played for the performance .. oh man, i love those .. but they are not on the OST ..

so far i manage to find this one on youtube, which I think its quite similar to the one which they performed on epi05 on BV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP4k55L9GgA...feature=related

Guest honeybear

I gotta admit the 'power'of this drama ! 'power'of kim myung min ...

I love this story .. and i'm addicted to the ost .. :) But can someone advice where can I find the music pieces that are performed in this drama .. they are not up for download in the ost

by the way i was just reading in the earlier pages of this thread that there is a series 2 to BV, is that true ..? if it is, that would be good !

Guest murti74

Aww honeybear if that's true you're not the only one wishing for that, me also and just many other BV lovers.

My dear Michi i see that you've got company..waw so glad that this thread has you all ladies.

Guest piano_lady

From MyungMin International:

Is anyone interested?

http://shop.innolife.com/shop/list.php?ac_...107a4d568a5bbf#

11338_s.jpg

dvd_dr804 Beethoven Virus - PREMIUM-DVDBOX (pre-order)

Original price US$190.00

Promotion price US$135.00 (shipping included)

Product details:

Beethoven Virus - PREMIUM-DVDBOX(pre-order)

【Title】:Beethoven Virus

【Studio】:MBC Korea

【Premier】:September 10, 2008

【Genre】:Romance, drama, comedy

【Screen Time】:one episode each every Wednesday and Thursday night at 2050 hour Beijing time

【Episodes】:16

【Director】:Lee Jae Kyu

【Screenwriters】:Hong Jin Ah, Hong Ja Ram

【Cast】:Kim Myung-min, Lee Ji-ah, Jang Geun-suk, Lee Soon-jae, Song Ok-sook, Park Chul-min, Jung Suk-yong

【DVD Release Date】:August 25-31, 2009

【Run Time】 : 1260 minutes

【Language】:Korean

【Subtitle】:<undefined>

*Product description*

* in the shape of a hard case bag

* 52 'The Making of' Photos

* LCD Cleaner

* Music Director's Guide Book to Beethoven Virus music

* 2 movie poster

11338_l.jpg

********************************************************************************

Information had been translated

to Chinese by candy from 5d6d

and

to English by e2wen from MyungMin International

********************************************************************************

Special Feature:

=======================================================

No. Disc Content

=======================================================

1 Disc 1-6 Episode 1 - 18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Disc 7 Beethoven Virus Special

3 Product publication

4 Behind the scene of 'poster shooting'

5 종방연jongbangyeon

6 Interview - Kim Myung-min

7 Interview - Lee Ji-ah

8 Disc 8 Episode 9 - unedited

9 Episode 18 - unedited

10 Disc 8 <unedited NG CUT>

- scenes removed after shooting

11 Disc 9 <Commentary - director & screenwriter>

-Important scenes from Episode 1-18

-Interview - director Lee Jae Kyu and screenwriters Hong Jin Ah, Hong Ja Ram

13 Interview - Jang Geun-suk

14 Interview - Park Chul-min

15 Interview - Jung Suk-yong

16 Beethoven Virus Snapshots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 Disc 8-9 New music videos

- 'My person'

- 'Did you hear it'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest LeyNeth

I have to admit that I was crazy about Kang Mae after watching BV. He was so demanding, masculine, authoritative, powerful, sarcastic, ect...He was actually in my dreams every night when I go to bed. Everything about him drives me nuts!! He has a loud, hoarse, sexy voice and at the same time his hand movements are so artistically beautiful! KMM absolutely and definitely deserves all the winning awards for his unbelievable acting skills. I voted for him 4 times a day. One at work, one at my parent's house, and 2 times at home :D ! Keep up the good work and keep fighting, oppa!!

I have to admit that I was crazy about Kang Mae after watching BV. He was so demanding, masculine, authoritative, powerful, sarcastic, ect...He was actually in my dreams every night when I go to bed. Everything about him drives me nuts!! He has a loud, hoarse, sexy voice and at the same time his hand movements are so artistically beautiful! KMM absolutely and definitely deserves all the winning awards for his unbelievable acting skills. I voted for him 4 times a day. One at work, one at my parent's house, and 2 times at home :D ! Keep up the good work and keep fighting, oppa!!

welcome to the BV thread LeyNeth! Kang Mae is really adictive, eh? :lol:

thank you sooo much for your support! :)

Hi there! First time I post here >_<

I've finished today the last episode and the special ç___________ç OMG I'm quite sad.

I liked this drama a lot, since I'm a singer and a Geun Suk's fan LOL. He was great

Edit:

And I was wondering: it seems I can't find Gun Woo's new version of Pavane. Remember when Rumi put some variation? They didn't put it on the OSTs?

Guest piano_lady

I gotta admit the 'power'of this drama ! 'power'of kim myung min ...

I love this story .. and i'm addicted to the ost .. :) But can someone advice where can I find the music pieces that are performed in this drama .. they are not up for download in the ost

by the way i was just reading in the earlier pages of this thread that there is a series 2 to BV, is that true ..? if it is, that would be good !

honeybear, did you check out the classical music OST. some of them are there.

here are the links anyways:

Classical 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B51YQ352

Classical 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDSWZFLM

credits to Aja-Aja

BV 2? Nope, no news about that just yet...

And the power of BV and KMM!? Yeah..yeah...yeah...!

Welcome to the club! :D

Aha!! LeyNeth! You're bitten hard by the KMM Virus, eh!

Our KMM is the best! Do join us in KMM's thread and in MMI too! :D

Check out my siggies :)

Hi there! First time I post here >_<

I've finished today the last episode and the special ç___________ç OMG I'm quite sad.

I liked this drama a lot, since I'm a singer and a Geun Suk's fan LOL. He was great

Edit:

And I was wondering: it seems I can't find Gun Woo's new version of Pavane. Remember when Rumi put some variation? They didn't put it on the OSTs?

Yuki9, welcome to the BV thread! :D

Too bad I don't think the Gun Woo-Rumi version of the Pavane is not available. I love that too :D

I miss Kang Mae!!!!!!!!!!!

95.jpg

credits to MinGal DCinside

Guest honeybear

HI.. i love the pictures that you have posted !! very nice !..

btw, the bv classical ost, i cant seem to download .. can u try to host it on another website again..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ct_Sue_1

HELLO!!!!

oh my..

i waited long to watch this DVD tt i bought 4 months ago.

n once i start, i cant stop.

i so LOVE LOVE LOVE Gung-woo (the conductor i mean).

i like his voice while he is conducting those lessons.

he has the hateful, ego, power voice, BUT very assuring tone.

i had put myself into his shoes...to know him @ the beggining of episodes.

i laugh, i cry while he has to face his own personality truth.

stopped @ the episode where Ru-mi were asked to make a choice between both Gung-Woo during their concert.

n i cant wait to watch the rest after i got back from skol..

n yeah, im starting to like classical orchestra, how i envy those people who can play instruments..

see ya!!

Guest piano_lady

Hi Ct_Sue_1!

Welcome to the thread!! True, BV is very addicting! :D

Dramas, Stars to Compete at Seoul Int'l Drama Awards

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

090825_p14_erica.jpg

"Being Erica" from Canada will compete for the Best Drama Award at the Seoul Drama Awards. / Courtesy of SDA 2009

The Seoul International Drama Awards 2009 will be held for 10 days starting from Sept. 4 at various venues around the city.

A total of 169 dramas from 37 countries will compete at this year's event under the slogan ``Enjoy Star & Story.''

``The purpose of the SDA 2009 is to raise the profile of Korean series in the international drama market and to expand cultural exchanges,'' an official from the organizing committee said.

Some of Korea's favorite programs will compete with some of the best works from around the world, including countries like Japan, Sweden, Italy and even Ecuador. The awards will be divided into two categories: The Best Drama Award and Individual Prizes. Popular Korean dramas ``Beethoven Virus'' (MBC), ``The Painter of Wind'' (SBS) and ``Slingshot'' (KBS) will compete with England's ``Doctor Who Season 4,'' China's ``Memories of China'' and Canada's ``The Englishman's Boy,'' among others.

The three local works garnered fans last year with their creative plots and impressive presentations, and they are expected to heat up the competition. ``Beethoven Virus,'' starring top actor Kim Myung-min, captivated drama fans with classical music, interesting characters and a heartwarming storyline, while ``The Painter of Wind'' told the mystery tale of the famous painter Shin Yun-bok during the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910), portrayed by Moon Geun-young. ``Slingshot'' was a soap about success-driven men struggling to survive in the competitive world while trying to protect their family, friends and love.

The Individual Prizes will also be difficult decisions, as Moon, Korea's sweetheart, will compete with six other actresses, including Norway's Charlotte Frogner for her work in ``Maria'' and Christine Reyes from the Philippines for her appearance in ``Eva Fonda.''

090825_p14_rayes.jpg

Moon started her acting career in 1999 and has been starring in popular dramas and movies, with her best known being the film ``My Little Bride'' (2004) and the horror flick ``A Tale of Two Sisters'' (2003). The 22-year-old actress has garnered fans with her role as the famous painter and also made headlines with her charity work.

090825_p14_moon.jpg

The men's category includes Korea's Kim Myung-min and Park Yong-ha, along with New Zealand's Antony Starr for his work in ``Outrageous Fortune'' and Japan's Akira Kume from ``The Shopping Trip,'' among others.

Actor Kim Myung-min made a lasting impression in the period drama ``Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-shin,'' but his big hit was with ``Beethoven Virus,'' in which he played a charismatic conductor. He recently made headlines after losing more than 20 kilograms to portray a patient suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.

Park Yong-ha became a hallyu star through his role in the soap ``Winter Sonata'' (KBS) and has continued to appear as various characters, including a stubborn drama producer in the hit series ``On Air'' (SBS) and a tough scam artist in the film ``The Scam'' (2009). He is nominated for his recent appearance in ``Slingshot.''

The SDA 2009 has arranged various events and showcases that will be held at Gwanghwamun Plaza near the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts from Sept. 4 to 13.

The SDA History exhibition will introduce past winners of the SDA from 2006 to 2008. From previous winners' works to footage of them receiving their awards, visitors can sample the short, yet rich history of the event at the exhibition.

Actress Choi Ji-woo, the heroine of ``Winter Sonata,'' has been named an honorary member of the SDA Hall of Fame. Last year's honor went to veteran actor Choi Bool-am. Fans can get a glimpse of some of the scenes from her best works, including Winter Sonata, ``Stairway to Heaven'' (SBS) and ``Celebrity Sweetheart'' (SBS).

The event will also hold a special exhibition called ``Korea's Next Representative Directors'' for up-and-coming drama directors of the year. The event will offer the works of three aspiring television series directors ― Kim Jung-kyu from KBS, Kim Sang-ho from MBC and Jang Tae-yoo from SBS ― and look into their creative world of television series direction.

Finally, walk into the world of local dramas in the ``Drama Adventure'' section, where visitors and fans can actually try on costumes and use props from famous works. Walk into the rooms of the characters from ``Beethoven Virus'' or take photos at a creepy old house that was taken from the actual set of the horror drama ``Korea Ghost Stories'' (KBS).

Wrapping up the festival of dramas will be the final award ceremony that will be held Sept. 11 at Olympic Hall, southern Seoul.

For more information, visit www.seouldrama.org or call (02) 830-7181.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../201_50663.html

Guest piano_lady

Beethoven Virus' three musketeers will clash in theaters in fall!

2009090216302578379_1.jpg

(From left) gimmyeongmin, Jang Geun Suk, Kim Young-min

The three conductors in 'Beethoven Virus' will compete in theaters this fall!

Kim Myung Min aka Kang Mae will be in "My Love By My Side"

Jang Geun Seuk aka Kang Gun Woo will be seen in "Itaewon Murders"

Kim Young-min aka Maestro Jung will be in "The Last Empress"

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...090216302578379

Guest piano_lady

Reposting from MyungMin International

Kim Myung Min Bags Best Actor Award in the 36th Korea Broadcasting Association Awards

200909031647082100_1.jpg

Today, Kim Myung Min was honored as Best Actor (for Beethoven Virus) in the 36th Korea Broadcasting Association Awards. This is his second award from the prestigious award giving body. He won Best Talent for his role as General Lee Soon Shin in the epic drama The Immortal Lee Soon-Shin in the 33rd KBA wards in 2006.

However, Kim Myung Min was not able to receive the award personally as he is currently in Hong Kong for a photoshoot.

The awarding ceremony was held today at the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul and was broadcasted live in SBS.

Source: http://osen.freechal.com/news/view.asp?code=G0909030152

Related news: http://forum.myungmininternational.com/vie...f=142&t=537

Archived