[sitcom 2005] Hello, Franceska 안녕, 프란체스카

Guest yeohweping

Guest yeohweping
[MBC] A SITCOM ABOUT VAMPIRES

SEASON 1 & 2

SYNOPSIS Romania, 2005. One of the last vampire families on earth decides to disguise themselves and live among humans until the glory of their empire is revived. They are sent to different places all over the world that are considered safe by their leader. However, a group of vampires takes the wrong ship and happens to come to Korea. On board, they run into a timid and unlucky man Doo-il. One of the vampires bites him by mistake and he becomes one of them. They promise Doo-il that they will return him into a human on the day when their leader comes to find them. He doesn't have any other choice but to live with them. They are disguised as a family of five and start new lives in Seoul. Can they really go back to their country safely when their leader comes to find them? While watching the vampires who disguise themselves as a human family, the viewers will witness both their human sides and the humans' inhuman sides. Can Seoul be a safe place for them? Starring 145_1.jpgFrancesca (Acted by Shim, Hye-Jin) No one knows what is going on her mind. She's cynical and heartless. She's a descendant of a prestigious vampire family. As sophisticated as she is, others have a hard time understanding why she bit someone like Doo-il. She reluctantly acts as Doo-il's wife. She doesn't care whether Doo-il hates her or not. She has a long dark hair and casts a cold eye. However, there's something about her that attracts us and it's hard to dislike her. 145_2.jpgDoo-il (Acted by Lee, Doo-Il) He's the unluckiest man in the world. On the day when the only woman he ever loved refused him, he runs into Francesca and becomes a vampire. He's a 40 year-old single man who has never had a real girlfriend. He believes that he can be a human again as long as he lives with the vampires until that day.Since he knows about the humans well, he constantly worries about everything. He seems timid and chicken-hearted, but he's actually a very sweet and warm-hearted person. 145_3.jpgElizabeth (Acted by Jung, Ryeo-Won) She's cute and sexy. Even in the vampire world, she is considered a very hot woman. She's very interested in human fashion and culture. She has an eye for fashion. She has to find the perfect man who can become an elite vampire before that day. She's constantly dating, but she's not attracted to just good-looking men. It seems that there's something more important in humans. 145_4.jpgKyeon (Acted by Lee Kyeon) Unlike his perfect appearance, he's extremely simple and rather ignorant. During the worst famine in vampire history, he survived on chicken blood, but it seems that his brain was damaged in the process. Thanks to his handsome appearance, there are always women around him, but it doesn't take long for the women to figure out there's something missing about him. p05_ph.jpgSophia ( Acted by Park Seol Ki) The queen of the vampires and wife of Andre, the king of all vampires. She may look the youngest in the family but she is the one who held the most power. She changes her voice and acts like a little kid when humans are around. photo_134_1_1_no_70_1.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yeohweping

SEASON 3

THE NEW FAMILY

h_pran_01.jpg

STARRING

cast02_03.gif

ISABELLA (Acted by Kim Su Mi)

She was a beautiful young woman before she was bitten by a vampire who sucked away her youth and beauty. And now she lives with the body and appearance of a grandmother. She has been searching for a very long time, the way to recover her beauty and the vampire who had taken it away.

cast03_03.gif

DANIEL (Acted by Kang Du)

Don't expect food to be around if even you just turn away your head for a moment if he's around. He may look cool but he is actually really simple-minded and he often get scold and beaten by the other family members. Even In-Sung doesn't look up to him.

cast04_03.gif

DIANA (Acted by Hyun Yung)

She work as a nurse in a hospital and is the only stable income provider in the family. When a witness who saw a vampire being killed gets admitted to where she works. She gets involved with the cop on the case while she and the family are searching for clues about the vampire killers.

cast06_03.gif

IN-SUNG (Acted by Lee In-Sung)

The son of a vampire father and a human mother. He was taken home by Sophia when his parents were killed by the vampire killers. He grew overnight from a baby to a ten year old boy. He looks up to Francesca as his mother and more super powers than the others in the family. But there's something dangerous about this boy as nobody knows how he escaped unhurt in the killer's attacks and why his eyes shone green like the vampire killers when he uses his powers.

^ yup season 3 is out. i like season 1-2 better with Duli. but this third season feels as if they're trying to make an effort to be funny but it just isn't reaching the level it was during the previous seasons. it makes me wonder if one of the original writers left or something.

if there's anyone who wants to see "hello, franceska"-- you're better off just watching season 1 and 2 -- or at least that's my thoughts for the time being.

Guest donilpark

Yeah....

Unless they move away from this 'Hello, Isabel' feel...

I was trying to understand, but they are focusing excessively on Isabel. They've gone too far.

I know she's fun and good actress and all, but what the heck is with other characters?

They could develop Dohyang's character and he would be as good as Park Heejin. I think I can even count how many line Daniel did up to now.

Diana at least had her own episode.

But really, they really really have to develope the characters.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

Hi everyone! I adore/worship/love this show! It's so underrated though...and sorry...but I'm loving season 3 more than 1 and 2. Here are some caps of ep. 15..i will post ep. 16 caps later..enjoy!

0012vu.png

0021et.png

0039sd.png

0048en.png

Guest run_lola_run

I got so lost in this show.

it was hard to understand. :[

subs please? o_o

Even though I can still kinda make out what is going on...it would be nice if there were english subs somewhere. If anyone knows where to find them then please tell us! Although I highly doubt it.

Guest me_retno

I watched part of ep 1 season 1 from MBC official site with english subs. It's v funny! would love to watch more :D

Anyone knows where to get season 1 & 2 eps?

Guest a_lot_dumb

omg!! i only finished the first and second season but there's a third?? Is it any good?? My mum's always =_= at it but i'm like fully AHAHAHAHHA at it...i love this so much!!!

And i love francesca's character. There really is something about Francesca.

hey. What about that crazy woman who got bit by a snake?? Park Hee Jin. "Kyeon~~~"

^ Yup there's a 3rd season... It's the one that is currently being broadcasted. To be honest, I didn't quite warm-up to the 3rd season at the beginning (you can probably tell by my earlier post). But it's a little better now. Check it out to see if you still like it :)

...the writers are doing a big play on the age thing. it's funny sometimes, but sometimes it's a little weird... like Isabelle O_o. and that guy who is obsessed with Francesca... well -okay actually it's him talking to the mini-Francesca doll that is a little creepy.

Guest a_lot_dumb

im going to edit this post after i watch it

*edit*

Haha...it was so funny!!

Ok well...i won't spoil it, but here's the plot

In the first+second (i only watched mainlythe ending) Francesca accidently bit this human called dooil. They then believed he was now a vampire, so they had to take him into the family. Then in the end instead of turning into a vampire he dies.

In the 3rd Sophia and Francesca round up all these other vampires in fear of vampire hunters. Then there was Insung, whose father was a vampire but his mother was human and they were killed by the vampire hunters (i don't get that. Can they kill a vampire cos they're hunters?? Because vampires are meant to be immortal). Sophia takes him from the ruins and everyone live in the same family (look at the first post) in the same house.

Well all sorts of funny things happen. The landlord guy who owns the place they live in likes Francesca. he talks to a korean Barbie as well. It's so funny and annoying.

By far the best character would have to be Isabella. she's so funny!! She keeps having these rows with Francesca and when Francesca just leaves she says, "She's just jealous because I'm so beautiful!! Great-Aunt (Sophia), scold her!!" and Sophia whose like...sixteen...talks so regally and everyone talks so polite to her.

Insung goes to schooL!! LoL!! Francesca, when she first came, she caused all these...stirring...all the kids were scared of her and Insung. She also has her own chicken place called "Chicken-cesca". She was selling them on the side of the road and park myungsoo was on the other side singing talala. Of course we know who the winner is. Haha.

Ok this might be a spoiler and it might not be, but it was kinda scary. This is what Insung did.

He drew a picture of his teacher (that was the school task) and the teacher was like, "hey Insung, why did u draw me like that? Everyone else is drawing me smiling happily!!" and inthe picture there was the teacher crying and an old lady behind her laughing and smiling. Insung just sighed and said, "I don't know, ma'am. It just happened like this." and then her phone rang and she was like, "Oops, sorry kids, i forgot!!" and she listened and found out her mother had passed away. She was fully crying and then she was like, "OMG!" and she remember Insung's drawing and was utterly freaked out.

Francesca was having financial problems and she was saving all her money. When she went to the bank these bank robbers decided to wreak havoc. Wow! i haven't used that term in AGES...wreak havoc. Anyway. She took a ticket out of the waiting machine thing and looked up at the board. "What the hell. I have to wait for ten people?!"

Then the bankrobbers came in and they were like, "PUT YA HANDS UP!!" and she had just finished waiting and was standing at the desk. She put her money on the table and ignored the robbers. The teller was hiding under the table and the bank robbers were like, "WHERE'S DA MONEY?!" at him. Francesca just hit him on the end with her hand and was like, "i freaking waited for ten freaking people to freaking finish! Stand in the damn line!" and they were like, "HEy! You wanna DiE?!" and she was like, "Just wait in the damn line for ur damn turn!" Then they kept on pointing the gun at her, so naturally she got mad, and she just pushed them both with surprising strength and fought them. Everyone was surprised andhappy. She came out on the news and was very famous and ever since then Chicken-Cesca was quite a success. She also got a phone call from the government and was awarded a highly prestigious award (this was all computerized, it said onthe bottom).

My favourite bit so far??

When Insung kept on looking at Francesca and Francesca just snaps at him; "WhAT THE HELL U LOOKIN AT?!"

And he answers in the same manner, "nothing."

One day he follows her everywhere and she gets mad at him. "even if ur bored don't follow me."

He waits for her at the house and she says, "What are you doing up there?"

"I'm waiting for Francesca."

"Well, don't."

There is a slight pause she she turns to walk away with a flourish and he calls out to her

"Mother."

Again, a slight pause, a tension arises.

"What did you just call me?"

Insung doesn't even cry or flinch. "I want a mother. Francesca. Will you be my mother?"

Francesca doesn't even act kindly towards him. "Why the hell would i want to be your mother?"

Insung just ignores her and goes on looking at the sky.

Next thing you know Francesca is up with him talking to him in a motherly fashion. "What happened to you? what's this on your face! tut tut..." (wipes face with sleeve) "Be clean!!"

That bit was so heartbreaking.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

Oh no! I hope Isabel doesn't turn back into her old self! I like her old and drunk..LOL..she's way too funny the way she is now, I hope she never turns young again. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

is tis sitcom stil showin on mbc? if so, what time & when? thx.

isabella's the one who acted as jo in sung's mom in bali rite?

Yeah this show is still airing on it's 3rd Season. It's on every Sunday @ 11:05 pm.

As for the Isabella question, I don't know cause I haven't see memories in Bali yet.

Archived