[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

Guest samgirl

goong will be aired here in the philippines on July 31, 2006, the same station that brought My Girl will be airing this.

I hope they bring the cast here, okay bring the royal couple here for a promo just like what will happen to Lee Dong Wook of My Girl.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goong will be aired here in the philippines on July 31, 2006, the same station that brought My Girl will be airing this.

I hope they bring the cast here, okay bring the royal couple here for a promo just like what will happen to Lee Dong Wook of My Girl.

is that confirmed?? I dont think it would be aired by July 31 there in the Philippines..Im guessing it would still be on August or even later...hehehE!

i wish the JJH and YEH will visit manila... hoping and praying... the network airing my girl here in the phils has arranged lee dong wook to visit manila... its the same network who got the rights to GOONG.. i hope they would also make an effort to contact GOONG stars to visit manila

1141436734010_D6579-19.jpg

644acbf2.jpg

crazy about GOONG!!!!!! can't wait for GOONG 2!

Guest samgirl

i read in that station's forum that they will be showing GOONG on 7/31 i hope too it is true :) , either way , i'll still watch it here when they air it, although I memorized the dialogue probabbly.

i read in that station's forum that they will be showing GOONG on 7/31 i hope too it is true :) , either way , i'll still watch it here when they air it, although I memorized the dialogue probabbly.

hahha!! ur a filipino too right? coz i am! heheh! but sadly i just migrated...woohoo! ur posting rin pla sa abs forums! me too! hehehe! :D

Guest lualm

yeah i think there is a chance for the whole cast to be back considering yeh and kjh already flew to japan for a fanmeet and jjh is heard of going to taiwan to promote the series as well..though its still unconfirmed...

i think the stars promoting it in other countries is a healthy sign that there's a big possibility for them to come back...

mikgyo....hi there ...i think goong is airing here in manila end of july or august...

Guest samgirl

yeah I am a filipino ;) I hope they bring them here, i thik ABS will think of bringing them if goong becomes successful here, and I think it will am sure. it is personally my favorite drama in 2006 together with my girl. Also since philippines also has alot of Korean population here , am sure it will be a hit, i personally look korean na nga than a fil since I love korean fashion.

Guest aq_aj

MiGkYo here in Indonesia also airing Goong...hahaha...our PH even COPYING it...UUUGGHHH!!!!!

Yes..it is finally airing here (starting today) :D . I'm not so pleased with the dubbers that they use though. I guess they;re using cartoons dubbers? :mellow:

Guest limecrafted

yeah I am a filipino ;) I hope they bring them here, i thik ABS will think of bringing them if goong becomes successful here, and I think it will am sure. it is personally my favorite drama in 2006 together with my girl. Also since philippines also has alot of Korean population here , am sure it will be a hit, i personally look korean na nga than a fil since I love korean fashion.

hi samgirl! same here... am a filipino too... love goong soooo much!! til now... yeah i also wish the cast goes here just like lee dong-wook of my girl visiting manila soon... :D

211923_843429941_dHTar.jpg

The PD wants to invite Im Soo Jung to act in GOONG 2.

AFter a round of auditions and interview in June, he has decided on her.

MBC official site bulletin board has stated that Im Soo Jung who came to prominence in MISA and had left a deep impression on all who watched it. She had also expressed a very sincere attitude to be given such a opportunity.

The PD pointed out because of the fact that YEH & JJH were newcomers to acting, the kissing scene @ the palace which require them to act it out under the many cameras and lighting, make them look rather awkward and unnatural while doing it. He added that this is a failing of the acting abilities by many newbie actors/actress nowadays.

Guest Am_I_Sam_I_Am

^^ The kissing scene didn't look that awkward... only awkwardness probably resulted from body position maybe??

Guest johnhoon

The PD wants to invite Im Soo Jung to act in GOONG 2.

MBC official site bulletin board has stated that Im Soo Jung who came to prominence in MISA and had left a deep impression on all who watched it. She had also expressed a very sincere attitude to be given such a opportunity.

The PD pointed out because of the fact that YEH & JJH were newcomers to acting, the kissing scene @ the palace which require them to act it out under the many cameras and lighting, make them look rather awkward and unnatural while doing it. He added that this is a failing of the acting abilities by many newbie actors/actress nowadays.

Is it the latest news about Goong 2? Does it mean that ISj will act in Goong 2 in place of YEH?

Guest samgirl

what she will replace YEH?? oh no!! NO CHANGE OF Casts please , it will just kill the drama!!

** limecrafted (highlight)

yeah i am a pinoy, i do hope they bring them here but the recent news of them being replaced saddens me :(

oh i see which star are you from in your siggy and avatar, dnt you also love that series hehehe i love KRW too. :D

Guest ivylive

MISA is a great drama and one of my favorites but the kissing scenes there are good not because of ISJ but because of SJS expertise, the guy can kiss. Not saying that ISJ was a bad kisser but like most korean actress that I've watched in dramas she tends to let the guy do the work and barely opens her mouth. YEH and KSA were the only actress I've seen on a kdrama who wholeheartedly open their mouth to accept they guys kiss.

The kissing scene in the palace at episode 23 is not the most romantic for me because I find the street kiss more romantic but I think it is the most real kiss I've scene on a kdrama. Yes, it looks awkward because of the way they were positioned. If the kiss' purpose is to let the audience show how much CG and Shin hungers for each other then I think there is no problem but if the PD wants us to feel romantic after watching that kiss then we have a problem because that kiss was pure passion like everything they kept inside just exploded. It's like they want to rip each others clothes then and there but I don't think that was their purpose because the next scene should be the two of them in Shin's bed though CG lying on top of Shin made us think that something happened.

I can't really find the logic why he would hire another actress just because he thinks that the actors did not meet his expectations in this one scene. If he did not really like it he could have told his actors to do it again until it's perfect.

If Goong 2 pushes through without YEH or JJH, I might still watch it because I also like ISJ but I hope they would just change the story and the characters because it just wouldn't be the same.

Guest hopelisa

http://photo7.yupoo.com/20060715/211923_843429941_dHTar.jpg

The PD wants to invite Im Soo Jung to act in Goong2.

some chinese fans has clarified that the tranlation by '333宝宝' was wrong.according to the original korean news, Goong2 wasn't mentioned in the interview on PD. besides, those parts i point out are totally wrong.

Guest cannedfish

윤은혜 `스타성`, 어디서 비롯됐나?

[헤럴드생생뉴스] 2006년 07월 16일(일) 오후 04:07 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

윤은혜가 MBC 드라마 `궁`이 종영한 지 4개월이 지나고도 여전히 그 인기를 추수하고 있다. CF 모델만 해도 올해 프로스펙스, 하루 녹차, 삼성그룹, 신원(비키) 네 편이나 찍었다.

특히 애니메이션 방식이나 일반인을 모델로 활용해 공익적인 분위기를 표출하던 삼성그룹의 기업 이미지 광고에 윤은혜가 모델로 발탁됐다는 것은 대단히 이례적인 일이 아닐 수 없다. 윤은혜는 이제 `궁` 시즌2에 앞서 KBS 새 월화극 `포도밭 사나이`에 주인공으로 연기를 보여줄 예정이다.

그동안 윤은혜가 대중에게 돋보인 계기는 몇차례 있었다. 베이비복스의 막내로서 SBS 오락프로그램 `X맨`에 1년동안 출연, 가수 김종국과 ?沅瓚括?형성했을 때와 한 다이어트 관리업체로부터 몸매관리를 받아 소녀장사에서 성숙한 팔등신 여인으로 변신했을 때였다. 이 두 가지 사례는 화제성은 될 수 있을지언정 그녀의 스타성을 담보할 수 있을 정도는 아니었다.

그러니 그녀가 지금 누리는 과분할 정도의 인기는 대부분 드라마 `궁`에서 나왔다는 볼 수 있다. 황태자비 채경을 맡은 윤은혜는 연기를 잘한 것은 아니다. 잘 할 수도 없었다. 황인뢰 PD 말에 따르면 윤은혜의 연기는 공이 어디로 날아갈 지 모르는 야구중계하듯이 연출했다고 했다.

그러나 `궁`의 시청률을 넘어서는 윤은혜의 인기에는 분명 이유가 있다. 윤은혜의 연기는 신인답게 미숙했지만, 발랄하고 건강하고 귀엽긴 했다. 하지만 이것만으로는 설명이 부족하다.

`궁`은 결국 신데렐라 이야기의 변주다. 황실이라는 매개가 독특하기는 하지만 단순화하면 서민 가정의 여고생이 황태자 신과 결혼해 기울어진 가세를 일으킨다는 신분상승 판타지다. 그런데 신데렐라라는게 김수현 작가 말마따나 인생을 날로 먹겠다는 거 아닌가. 이런 스타일에 시청자들이 식상한 지 오래다. 10대들도 3~4각관계 신데렐라 이야기를 우습게 안다.

그런데도 `궁`의 윤은혜가 하이틴 로맨스의 주타깃인 10대를 벗어나 성인에게까지 어필한 이유는 무엇일까. 대략 두 가지 해석이 이에 대한 답변이 될 수 있을 것 같다.

하나는 `궁`의 이야기는 신분상승의 판타지보다는 황실이라는 고전적인 형태로 변형되어 세공된 명문가, 로얄 패밀리로 체현되는 특별한 삶, 주목받는 사람들에 대한 대중의 판타지에 가깝다는 미디어평론가 신주진씨의 견해다.

신 씨는 "`궁`의 인물들과 가장 근접해 있는 부류는 하루 아침에 스타가 되는 연예인들의 모습이다. 그들의 스타로서의 성공신화가 황실가의 로맨스와 권력 암투와 뒤섞인다"면서 "아이돌 그룹의 눈에 띄지 않는 평범한 소녀에서 오락프로 소녀 장사를 거쳐 황태자비로 화려하게 등극한 윤은혜 자체가 극중 캐릭터 채경과 분리되지 않는다"고 썼다. 그러면서 이는 단지 10대적 감수성의 판타지에 머물지 않고 보다 내밀한 형태의 대중적 욕망이 여기에 숨어 있다고 한다.

신 씨는 "그것은 가장 순수하고 자연 상태의 소녀를 인위적인 `궁`이라는 폐쇄된 공간 속으로 몰아넣음으로써 발생하는 사도마조히즘의 심미적 유희"라면서 "궁이라는 갇힌 공간 속에서 이리저리 부딪치고 삐져나오는 어린 소녀를 바라보는 우리의 시선은 가학-피학의 이중적 심리와 조응하는데, 그것은 그녀를 가두어 두면서, 그녀가 가두어지기를 결코 바라지 않는 모순된 심리다. 아마도 이러한 모순과 마찰과 불협화음이 `궁에 갇힌 소녀`가 발산하는 매력의 실체일 것이다"고 해석했다.

윤은혜의 매력이 강하게 발산된 이유에 대한 또 하나의 해석은 상대남인 신(주지훈)의 캐릭터에서 찾는 권인숙 명지대 인문교양학과 교수의 견해다.

권 교수는 드라마전문지 `드라마틱`에 기고한 <`궁`과 신데렐라>라는 제목의 글에서 "신과 같은 왕자가 율과 같은 왕자보다 더 매력적인 것은 이 완벽한 남성에게 여자도 줄게 있기 때문이다"면서 "모든 것을 가진 왕자에게 평범한 신데렐라 지망생이 줄 수 있는 것은 단 한가지, 일상의 즐거움과 평범한 삶에서 사람들과 관계 맺는 방식을 알게 하고 사랑의 문을 열어 사랑을 할 수 있는 마음을 가지게 하는 것이다"고 썼다.

권 교수는 "그래서 이 잘난 남성이 가지고 있는 단 하나의 문제, 원천적인 외로움을 극복하게 해준다. 그래야만 모든 것을 다 가진 남성이 평범한 여성을 사랑할 만한 절박한 이유가 생긴다. 소박한 삶의 기쁨을 알게 해주었기 때문에 채경은 새 세계를 열어 준 가치 있는 여성이 된다"고 논지를 이어갔다.

그러니까 채경은 날로 먹지 않아도 되는 신데렐라 드라마의 주인공이 되는 것이다. 그동안 느닷없이 편하게 잘 살자는 식의 어거지 신데렐라 스토리가 젊은 여성의 공감도 불러일으키지 못했던 점을 감안하면 채경의 신분변신은 자연스럽고 의미도 있다고 하겠다.

"신채경은 생긴 대로 행동해도 신은 감동받고 채경에게서 새로운 삶의 가치를 발견한다" "(채경은) 아무것도 하지 않아도 가치가 증명되고 사랑과 신분상승을 동시에 이룬다. 왕자에게 중요한 무언가를 주었기 때문에 졸부가 횡재한 듯한 도덕적 열등감은 가질 필요가 없다"는 권 교수의 해석은 판타지를 자극하며 채경을 매력적인 캐릭터로 보기에 충분한 설정이다.

여성학자인 권 교수는 마지막에 "드라마적인 판타지의 즐거움이 드라마 세계에만 머물 수 없기에, 욕구나 콤플렉스의 문제란 맥락에서 여성을 생각하면 당당하고 독립적 삶이 너무 먼 것만 같아 답답하고 아득하다"고 결론지었지만 `궁`은 채경의 매력이 오랫동안 시청자(특히 10~20대)의 머리속에 남아있게 한 것만은 사실이다.

서병기 대중문화전문기자/wp@heraldm.com

- `헤럴드 생생뉴스` Copyrights ⓒ 헤럴드경제 & heraldbiz.com, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 -

can ani1 translate tis? :sweatingbullets:

Guest Aquafina

Can anyone tell me if this is true? Im Soo Jung if going to get Yoon Eun Hye's role?!! I've just read in the summary at DWiki and saw all the old casts' names, so...O.o I think that's why people hate sequels. They always change the casts, and the fans have already been established, so those fans are really going to get angry because the stars aren't going to be in the sequel. *_*

And look at this MV, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHBbFWJMR0E

A question about the MV, how come there are some scenes that I don't remember seeing in Goong I? (Like the scene with Yul and his mother and the one with Shin and Chaegyung (with her holding that sword to his neck).

Thanks!

Archived