[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

here's a bit from ASTA May

"Production house Eight Peaks commented that they are planning on a second season but they still face issues with contracts with actors and the station. These formalities with actors and the station can be complicated and delicate at times. They are also discussing whether the second season should cover the college life of the main characters or show more of their parents' younger days. One thing they are certain of, however, is to produce the whole second season before release, instead of having an interactve drama production like for season one. The production house says that relying too much on public opinion is driving the drama away from the original stories. At the moment, they are struggling to stick to the ending they had originally planned."

Hi Soomp! (remember me?!)

So anyone have any idea about the "original stories" they're referring to? I never read the manhwa (but i'm suffering such Goong withdrawl that i'm about to. maybe during summer vacation!?) but were they going to stick to the story line from it? Are they still planning to do that...go back to the story lines that is? What else happened in the manhwa? and what was different in the drama? (i'm assuming lots)

Hmm..there's probably a Goong thread at Soompi isn't there...

Sorry if i'm asking questions asked before. And I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I dun wanna get scolded. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Soomp! (remember me?!)

So anyone have any idea about the "original stories" they're referring to? I never read the manhwa (but i'm suffering such Goong withdrawl that i'm about to. maybe during summer vacation!?) but were they going to stick to the story line from it? Are they still planning to do that...go back to the story lines that is? What else happened in the manhwa? and what was different in the drama? (i'm assuming lots)

Hmm..there's probably a Goong thread at Soompi isn't there...

Sorry if i'm asking questions asked before. And I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I dun wanna get scolded. :sweatingbullets: >.<

i think they followed the general storyline from the manhwa, more so in the earlier episode. So much so that we were 'guessing' when will a particular scene from the manhwa will appear in the drama. But it is not identical, for example, the beach scene was not in manhwa. Some characters in manhwa is potrayed differently in the drama, for example the perverted gong neshi in manhwa became the wise gong ne wan in drama. Yul is also much nicer in the drama than in the manhwa, at least he's nice in the earlier episodes.

You can actually find the Goong Manhwa Thread here in Soompi where you can find links to the translated chapters. Since your summer vacation is coming, you can take a look at the manhwa. It's a very good manhwa. It is a very popular manhwa in korea and is still ongoing. I personally love both equally because I feel JJH and YEH potrays Shin and CG very well. I bought the chinese version eventhough reading chinese characters gives me headache, just because I love the manhwa loads. :)

Episode 22 awards are here and Episode23 awards are here!!!

sorry for the delay guys...midterms and such *_*

And I'm sorry to hear that about goong2 ost. I'm actually holding off on d/l that til after it begins to air. And I'm very glad to hear that they'll shoot everything _before_ the show airs. I think it's a pretty bad move to do things simulatneously. It gives the public a little too much power and makes things overly stressful for the actors to make things on time. Poor JJH, I hope YEH is helping him rest :lol::phew:

And I'm sorry to hear that about goong2 ost. I'm actually holding off on d/l that til after it begins to air. And I'm very glad to hear that they'll shoot everything _before_ the show airs. I think it's a pretty bad move to do things simulatneously. It gives the public a little too much power and makes things overly stressful for the actors to make things on time. Poor JJH, I hope YEH is helping him rest :lol::phew:

MWAH MWAH.. thanks theed for these! You are the best! :D:D

Hypothetical hotness? "And this is the part where they start making out. Let your imaginations fly. Go on. *waves hands* Come back in five minutes when you're done ok? No need for your brains to melt from all the hot passion."

BWAHAHAHA... I can so imagine the fruities imagining this scene but didnt expect it to come from you theed. Bwahahahaha..

Guest ruthie08

theed! at last ur here... :tears: ive been waiting for this!!! im really looking forward to what u'll be saying about episode 23... :sweatingbullets:

actually, while waiting for the rest of ur reviews...i was reading episode 1-21 over and over again...and im still laughing in every comment that uve made... :lol: crazy? yah...call me crazy! :w00t:

thanks a lot for taking ur time doing these things....we really aprreciate all the efforts u've done!!! :D

Thanks for the reviews.

Just reading your ep 23 review and I like to express my opinion about the public kissing scene

I think the reason people are staring at the kissing scene in public is 'cuz it went along with the story. You are walking along the street and suddenly you see a kissing couple and you recognized them as the Royal couple. Who wouldn't want to see the Royal couple kissing in public? Maybe the crowd was just staring 'cuz they know them as celebs but to me I only see them as Shin & Chae Gyeong so it didn't bother me that much.

Guest gebera

ah! can't wait to share the good news with fans from Singapore. Channel U has acquired Goong and is scheduled to play on the channel soon.

:lol:

Guest muimui86

ah! can't wait to share the good news with fans from Singapore. Channel U has acquired Goong and is scheduled to play on the channel soon.

really? how u noe bout this news? i m so happy.. hehehee

ohmigosh really ? where u get the info frm ?

i'm sure my brother would love to watch it again wif me haha , but they better put it during the non exam period !! ~~ :w00t:

Guest shinhwa_luver

really? yes!! i can finally watch Goong on tv!

im really very very happy! im crazily jumping for joy!

im loving goong!

goong rocks my world!

Guest kawaii_thinking

AHHHH! I just finished watching Goong! OMG i'm so happy and relieved. I'm completely satisfied and LOVE it even more now. Won't spoil it for the rest of you tho. hhehehe cute n romantic! Those last eps were moving.... that's all 4 now. nite Goong fanatics! s2 Shin x infinity

Guest hotelier29

i love CG dress, accesories and etc. i love shin so much!!

does any one remember which seri that CG and shin force to sleep together from the eldery ( the queen mother and king)?

and also where CG slepp in shin room because her room is to cool and shin room is warmer?? and also when yul b-day which episode is that? thanks alot

Guest gebera

really? how u noe bout this news? i m so happy.. hehehee

absolutely true. i was at an event organized by the tv station and they actually showed some clips of Goong and My Name is Kim Sam Soon. These are the two new korean dramas to be played on the channel. Just imagine my joy when Goong was played on the screen!

:o

i love CG dress, accesories and etc. i love shin so much!!

does any one remember which seri that CG and shin force to sleep together from the eldery ( the queen mother and king)?

and also where CG slepp in shin room because her room is to cool and shin room is warmer?? and also when yul b-day which episode is that? thanks alot

ep 13 - forced to sleep in the same room by the Royal Elders

ep 11 - fell asleep in Shin's room while talking to him

ep 17 & 18 - Yul's birthday :D

Guest DallasE

Behind the Scenes of Goong

All reposted from dcinside.com

Please DO NOT hotlink!

000391802-5.jpg

000391801-4.jpg

It's PD Hwang's Birthday!

000391897-1.jpg

000394015-5.jpg