Link to photo gallery : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=43911&mode=4

Link to trailer & making-of : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=43911&mode=5

poster_207174.jpg

poster_316330.jpg

etc_316331.jpg

Music Video :

http://keywui.chosun.com/contents/102/80/v...?mvSeqnum=61985

Guest Morty

One of my most awaited Korean movie at the moment. But I don't think the film will debut in March. I guess it's more like April or even May until we get to see this. Anyway, thanks for the thread and it is time that we will get a new trailer. This should be a very cool action movie.

"Public Enemy 3" is also in the works. Again directed by Kang Woo-suk and co-written by Jang Jin, with Sol Kyung-gu, Kang Shin-il, Jeong Jae-yeong, Lee Moon-shik and Im Won-hee in the main roles. It would be great if anyone or you, Huangsy, could also open a thread for this film.

Guest kdramafanusa

There's a change in the release date for this movie.

Only 3 Korean (feature length) films open in March:

Ahn Seong-ki & Jo Han-seon's 'My New Partner' (March 6)

Lee Cheon-hee & Han Ji-hye's 'HUMMING' (March 13)

Song Seung-heon & Kwon Sang-woo's 'Fate/Sookmyeong' (March 20)

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: dongA.com 2007.12.26

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"Stop, Jeon Do-yeon!" the male actors are coming back to screen in 2008

200712260270.jpg

There had been true 'Woman's power' in Korean cinema this year. The 'Cannes Lady', Jeon Do-yeon, who is sweeping through all year-end film awards, is the 2007's queens of the Queen without any further questions. From "200 Pounds Beauty"'s ' Cinderella ' Kim Ah-joong; 'Shadows in the Palace"'s heroin Park Jin-hee and the returned world star Kim Yoon-jin in "Seven Days"; Kim Hye-soo, who never stops being one character in films such as "The War Of Flower", "A Good Day to Have an Affair", "Shim's Family" and "Eleventh Mom"; Kim Tae-hee in "Venus and Mars", who tries to take off her angelic image built from various commercial films; to the newbie Han Ye-seul with her debut film, "Miss Gold Digger". Countless beautiful female actors made their own characteristic appeals and produced good results in both local and international arena.

On upcoming New Year, the top male actors are returning to screen, already heating up the atmosphere. First of all, the two most popular Hallyu stars, Song Seung-heon and Kwon Sang-woo's new film, 'Destiny' is to be released early next year. 'Destiny' is Song Seung-heon's coming back to the screen after completion of his military service. It's an action noir based on four friend's friendship, loyalty and betrayal. 'Destiny' is the second film of Director Kim Hae-gon, who wrote the scenario of "Failan" and directed "The Unbearable Lightness of Dating" (aka "Between Love and Hate"). In addition to these two top stars, other casts include Ji Seong, Kim In-kwon and Park Han-byeol.

12.jpg

There is no other film which has greater naming value than "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" with the 'Big 3', Song Kang-ho, Lee Byeong-Heon and Jeong Woo-seong. The film is set in the Manchuria Plain in tumultuous 1930s where the three men are chasing and being chased by each other. It is directed by Director Kim Ji-woon, who is well-known for his previous films including "A Tale of Two Sisters" and "A Bittersweet Life". Already the movie fans are excited by the Korean style Western movie produced by these four men.

Director, Kwak Gyeong-taek, who made a comeback with his latest film "a LOVE", is preparing for his next film", Eye for an eye". Han Seok-Kyu plays the role of animal-instincted police while Cha Seung-won plays a bold thief who is daring enough to steal before one's eye.

One top of this, the 'pretty boy' Jo In-Seong, and Joo Jin-mo's new film 'Ssanghwa Store' by Director Yoo Ha is also on 2008's waiting list. The excitement is building up largely due to the fact that these two handsome actors are in a homosexual relationship in the film.

Moreover, it's interesting to see the transformation of the 'cool guys' into 'villains'. First time ever in his acting career, Kwon Sang-woo play the villain who betrays his friend; while Lee Byeong-Heon plays as a hired murderer, 'the Bad'; and Cha Seung-won as a cold-hearted criminal. They are determined to give a double pleasure to the movie fans through their new transformation.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Times 1-13-2008 17:07

Must-See Films in 2008

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

080113_p16_must1.jpg

Star Power Reigns Big Screen

This year, a long lineup of star-studded movies, both homegrown and Hollywood imports, awaits release with Korea's hottest stars and bona fide actors gracing the silver screen throughout 2008.

While a high profile cast hasn't always guaranteed a sellout, it would be hard to walk past movie posters featuring top stars.

The New Year starts off with a bang. Jun Ji-hyun (also known as Gianna Jun) makes her long-awaited comeback after a two-year hiatus opposite Hwang Jung-min in "A Man Who Was Superman,'' to open across theaters Jan. 31.

The movie garnered attention by butchering down Jun's "wholesome'' image for the role of a chain-smoking, tomboyish filmmaker. Meanwhile, fans are anxious to see how Hwang will pull off his interesting role as an unconventional Superman.

The red poster of "Hellcats'' features three female stars representing their own generation: 47-year-old actress Lee Mi-suk ("Untold Scandal,'' 2003), whose sex appeal seems to grow stronger with each passing year; 25-year-old fashion icon Kim Min-hee, who appears onscreen for the first time in six years; and 15-year-old Ahn So-hee of the sensational K-pop group Wonder Girls, who is making headlines with her acting debut.

Tracing the highflying romances of these three women, this ultimate "chick flick'' is slated for release Jan. 17.

A host of films boasting macho star power will be released this year. In March comes "Nuneneun Nun, Ieneun I'' (Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth) starring two household names, Han Seok-gyu ("Shiri,'' 1998) and Cha Seung-won ("My Teacher, Mr. Kim,'' 2003). In his 16th film, Han gives an edge to his soft charisma as a merciless cop while Cha pumps up his muscles to play the perfect criminal. {note: release date's been changed}

The poster for "Sukmyeong'' (Destiny) steals women's hearts and provokes men's jealousy as two "momjjang'' or "hot body'' actors appear together -- topless. Song Seung-heon makes a big comeback -- after serving in the military -- opposite Kwon Sang-woo in this action-packed drama about a friendship that goes sour.

Director Kim Jee-woon ("A Bittersweet Life,'' 2005) brings a "Korean-style Western'' movie to the screens starring three of Korea's A-list male celebrities: "certified'' actor Song Kang-ho, hallyu megastar Lee Byung-hun and heartthrob Jung Woo-sung.

The movie is set in the 1930s, during the Japanese occupation of Korea. Far away in Manchuria, the Good (Jung), the Bad (Lee) and the Weird (Song) become entangled in a train robbery case over a treasure map. This larger than life story becomes even more complicated as Japanese authorities and Korean independence fighters enter the scene.

Another highly anticipated film is "Ssanghwajeom,'' coming to theaters this summer. It combines the star power of Zo In-sung ("A Dirty Carnival,'' 2006) and Joo Jin-mo ("200 Pounds Beauty,'' 2006). Director Yoo Ha takes the two handsome actors back to Goguryeo Kingdom (37 B.C.-A.D. 668). Zo and Joo play the parts of a king and bodyguard, respectively, who become involved in a homosexual romance.

Other long-awaited films include low-budget projects that still shine with star power. Korea's celebrated director Kim Ki-duk brings together Korea's popular actress Lee Na-young and Japan's heartthrob Jo Odagiri in "Bimong'' (Sad Dream), which will be in theaters this fall/winter.

Actress Jeon Do-yeon, undoubtedly the biggest headline maker of 2007, continues her post-Cannes acting career through a small, mellow film "Meotjin Haru'' (One Fine Day, working title), which is also slated for release in the fall/winter.

Filmmaker Park Chan-wook, whose name alone is enough to attract crowds, has fans anxiously waiting with "Bakjwi'' (Bat, scheduled to show this spring) as well as a "Hongdangmu'' (Carrot), a film he is producing for the first time.

Meanwhile, Hollywood films starring top Korean talent make 2008 an exciting year for fans: "Speed Racer'' starring pop star Rain (Jung Ji-hoon) and Joon Park (Park Joon-hyung), a former member of K-pop group G.O.D.; "Laundry Warrior'' with hot actor Jang Dong-kun (Jang Dong-gun); "Blood: The Last Vampire'' with Jun Ji-hyun (Gianna Jun); and "Fetish'' with Song Hye-kyo.

Other big movies to look forward to this summer are the latest installments of Hollywood blockbusters: the 22nd of the James Bond series and the fourth Harrison Ford classic "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'' in May, as well as the Sylvester Stallone-helmed "Rambo 4'' (release date in Korea to be announced).

Guest huangsy

One of my most awaited Korean movie at the moment. But I don't think the film will debut in March. I guess it's more like April or even May until we get to see this. Anyway, thanks for the thread and it is time that we will get a new trailer. This should be a very cool action movie.

"Public Enemy 3" is also in the works. Again directed by Kang Woo-suk and co-written by Jang Jin, with Sol Kyung-gu, Kang Shin-il, Jeong Jae-yeong, Lee Moon-shik and Im Won-hee in the main roles. It would be great if anyone or you, Huangsy, could also open a thread for this film.

The trailer is already out; i saw it and was impressed, so i started this thread.

Will update the debut date later when that is known.

As for Public Enemy3, cannot start thread yet. I have started a few threads after news was found from Korean sites but full cast line-up not complete, and the threads were locked or deleted.

Guest Morty

Which trailer did you see? The trailer I saw ran for 1:21 minutes and there was not much too see. This one was released in January.

Guest huangsy

Source :http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr

CHA Seung-won and HAN Seok-gyu finish shoot

Nooneneun Noon, Ieneun I (English translation: eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth), starring CHA Seung-won and HAN Seok-gyu, wrapped up filming on January 13 in Busan. The crime film is surrounded with high expectations because of the promise of one of the most thrilling and spectacular confrontations in Korean cinema between the two high profile stars.

HAN plays a top detective working on the case of the brilliant criminal portrayed by CHA. Filming ended with an intense action scene involving HAN’s character raiding CHA’s gang in the Busan harbour. The scene’s big set-up included hundred extras and numerous land and sea vehicles.

Shooting took place in different locations, including Seoul, Jeju Island and Busan for a rather long period of seven months. The film is scheduled to open in cinemas in March.

Yi Ch’ang-ho (KOFIC)

HAN Seok-gyu and CHA Seung-won’s On-screen Showdown

HAN Seok-gyu and CHA Seung-won will play the leading roles in a crime film with the Korean title Nooneneun Noon, i-eneun i, which means Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. HAN’s character is a top detective and CHA will play a bold criminal who doesn’t hesitate to commit a crime even with the police present.

AHN Gwon-tae is directing and the film is a production of Taewon Entertainment en Yoobiyoo Film. AHN is the writer/director of the 2004 film My Brother. Filming started in June and the film will be released next year.

HAN and CHA are both major actors in Korea. HAN’s accolades include Shiri and Christmas in August. CHA started out in comedies like My Teacher, Mr. Kim, but now also takes on dramatic roles like in Blood Rain.

Yi Ch’ang-ho (KOFIC)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest .dcpro02

oh wow.. this movie seems like a pretty full-on action movie..? WOOHOO!~ i love krn action movies theyr always so realistic looking and awesomee

thanks for sharing news on this upcoming movie :)

Guest wils

oh..i can't wait to see this movie cause my all time favorite actor Han Suk Kyu is in it!!! Thanks Huangsy for sharing the pics and info.

July 2, 2008

New Action Thriller

080702_p16_spnn1.jpg

Actor Han Seok-gyu, left, director Kwak Kyung-taek, center, and model-turned-actor Cha Seung-won pose for the cameras at the showcase of their new action thriller "Eye for an Eye" at Lotte Hotel in downtown Seoul Wednesday. The movie will be in theaters July 31./ Yonhap

Source: The Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../173_26901.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest huangsy

source : http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=84

[오승연 박사 연예뉴스 영어로 따라잡기]레게머리 차승원 “앞으로 코미디영화 출연은 않겠다”

[스포츠월드 2008.07.04 21:33:08]

배우 차승원(사진)이 이제 더이상 코미디 영화에 출연하지 않겠다고 선언했다.

레게 머리로 변신한 차승원은 최근 서울 소공동 롯데호텔에서 열린 영화 ‘눈에는 눈 이에는 이’(곽경택 감독, 태원엔터테인먼트 제작)의 제작보고회에서 “이제는 코미디 영화는 전혀 하고 싶지 않다”고 밝혔다.

그동안 ‘신라의 달밤’을 비롯해 ‘광복절 특사’ 등 수많은 코미디 흥행작에 출연했던 차승원은 “원래 코미디도 해보고 싶어서 출연한 것일뿐 물론, 나중에 다시 하고 싶은 마음이 들면 출연하겠지만 이젠 하고 싶지 않다”고 말했다. 이어 “앞으로 출연작 수를 줄이더라도 하고 싶은 캐릭터를 하고 싶다”며 “보편화되지 않은 독특한 캐릭터였으면 좋겠고 비주얼에 있어서 화려한 역할이었으면 한다”고 바람을 전했다. 한편, 차승원은 오는 31일 개봉되는 ‘눈에는 눈 이에는 이’에서 백전백승 노련한 형사 백성찬 역의 한석규와 치열한 대결을 펼치는 범죄자 안현민 역을 맡았다.

Actor Cha Seungwon declared that he will no longer appear in comedies.

Cha Seungwon, wearing a reggae hair style, said at the ’Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth’ movie production press conference held at the Lotte Hotel in Sogongdong, "I don’t want to appear in comedies anymore."

Cha Seungwon, who has gained great popularity through movies such as ’Kick the Moon’ and ’815 Day,’ said "I appeared in comedies just because I wanted to try them. I will appear in comedies again when I want to, but for now, I don’t want to anymore. From now on, even if it means that I have to lessen the number of movies I appear in, I will only take the role of characters that I want to try. I hope that the next character I take is not a set character and a visually fancy one." Cha Seungwon will take the roll of Ahn Hyunmin who fights against adept detective Baek Sungchan’s, who will be played by Han Sukgyu, in the movie ’Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth,’ which will be released on the 31st.

20080704000559_0.jpg

*declare : 선언하다

*lessen : 줄이다

*take the role of : ∼의 역을 맡다

*a set character : 정형화된 인물

*adept : 노련한

*detective : 형사

오승연 박사

[ⓒ 스포츠월드 & Sportsworldi.com, 저작자표시+비영리+변경금지]

<세계닷컴은 한국온라인신문협회(www.kona.or.kr)의 디지털뉴스이용규칙에 따른 저작권을 행사합니다.>

Archived