Editor/QC: yuns

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WithS2

you guys are GREAT....

I spent the whole day watching this drama... I'm on eps. 7 just in time for the sub... Asssaaa...

All I have to say is that I really enjoy this drama... I really LOVE TaeOh... he's such a sweetheart... the only thing he lack is a steady job...

Then again I really LOVE that president guy too... He's full of life and happiness... he loves kids and he is also sweet...

At times like this... a woman wants to have her cake and eat it too... but it's so difficult to do so.

This is a really great drama... one that makes you feel like even when you are old, don't give up your hope... you'll find someone great... even if he's younger then you are.

yes, i thought it seem more like a fight between the boys rather then school violence , so can i presumed the grave he visited belong to the dead boy ?

he was still calling the name of the boy from his past when he wake up from this fight , didnt he ? . it has been 15 years and only now he started to want to take steps to get out of that guilt ? seriously i think maybe i feel too protective towards young soo , it really make my heart feel like breaking into little pieces , suddenly it seem like that hope vanished from him for a moment ..but then i really like how that scene was written though..even the words . ..

sigh then watching eun soo being with him now ..it just seem ..will this last ?

about Eun soo, it is pretty hard for me to get into her feelings because it seem she doesnt really know what she wants sometimes . and the choices she make and the insecurities she displayed sometimes does make me angry with her . but i suppose that is part and parcel of her personality , which in reality does exist ...

.she wasnt ready for the relationship with Tae Oh, still it was pretty harsh to see how they break up .but it was so true what Tae OH say about her wanting to make him level with her life ....i guess age does make a difference , they are at different stages of life ...

*the tea plantation they went to^^ i was there in cheju last year and went to the same place. .we just happen to accidentially know there is a tea plantation there .love the place and the green tea cakes there ! .~ ^^

btw , anyone know the song that was playing at this scene ? ~^^in esp 9

shirley,

The song is "때"(then, time). A 1988 oldie. From the 3rd album of 시인과 촌장(Poet & Village Mayor), a group of 2 people with their own guitars. The style is simple and beautiful, just close your eyes and listen, as Young Soo did.

http://akiechang.com/media/poetandmayor1.mp3

The lyrics is about a wall(my wall) and the other wall (your wall), between them there's a flower bud start to grow, and bloom, and.... become a garden. I think that has something to do with Young Soo's cold joke---about he is a wall, and what does the wall say to the other wall?..... I'll meet you in the corner!

wall-600x337.jpg

lyrics:

당신이 쌓은 벽과 내가 쌓은 벽사이에

꽃한송이 피어나고

당신의 지난날과 내가 지나온 날들이

그 꽃위에 바람되어 불고

당신의 고운 눈가에 이슬처럼 눈물이

내 파리한 이마위에도 굵은 땀방울이

그 애처로운 꽃잎 위에 촉촉히 내리고(촉촉하게)

당신이 쌓은 벽과 내가 쌓은 벽사이에

그꽃이 바람에 꽃씨를 나릴때

그때

(간주)

당신의 고운 눈가에 이슬처럼 눈물이

내 파리한 이마위에도 굵은 땀방울이

당신이 만든 창과 내가 만든 창문사이

그꽃이 가득피어 아름다운 꽃밭 될때

그꽃이 가득피어 아름다운 꽃밭 될때

그때

----------------------------------------------------------

I love this drama (especially epi. 8) though the theme is pretty heavy. A viewer of 20 yrs old, or 30, or 40 will have different feeling about it. Agree with you, shirley, age does make a difference, at different stages of life you think differently.... I also curious about Eun Soo's mother's story, it seems like the problem between her and Eun Soo's father was there from the beginning of their marriage. ( just like Jane and her husband) Why a 30 something grownup kid cannot maturely help solving the parents problem? ( at least understand...and most possibly the mother dragged the marriage to maintain a complete family for the kids)

Everytime after I finished an episode, I couldn't sleep well because there's still too much thought going on in my mind, sigh.... agree with you again, shirley ---> "the choices she make and the insecurities she displayed sometimes does make me angry with her . but i suppose that is part and parcel of her personality , which in reality does exist ..." --- We all will face one or the other similar situation in our life, the personality do influence a lot to the way you face it, but how much we have to pay in our life to eventually learn to live happily without hurting the one we love and our loved one? Maybe that's why "bittersweet"....

shirley,

The song is "때"(then, time). A 1988 oldie. From the 3rd album of 시인과 촌장(Poet & Village Mayor), a group of 2 people with their own guitars. The style is simple and beautiful, just close your eyes and listen, as Young Soo did.

http://akiechang.com/media/poetandmayor1.mp3

The lyrics is about a wall(my wall) and the other wall (your wall), between them there's a flower bud start to grow, and bloom, and.... become a garden. I think that has something to do with Young Soo's cold joke---about he is a wall, and what does the wall say to the other wall?..... I'll meet you in the corner!

lyrics:

당신이 쌓은 벽과 내가 쌓은 벽사이에

꽃한송이 피어나고

당신의 지난날과 내가 지나온 날들이

그 꽃위에 바람되어 불고

당신의 고운 눈가에 이슬처럼 눈물이

내 파리한 이마위에도 굵은 땀방울이

당신이 쌓은 벽과 내가 쌓은 벽사이에

그꽃이 바람에 꽃씨를 나릴때

그때

(간주)

당신의 고운 눈가에 이슬처럼 눈물이

내 파리한 이마위에도 굵은 땀방울이

당신이 만든 창과 내가 만든 창문사이

그꽃이 가득피어 아름다운 꽃밭 될때

그꽃이 가득피어 아름다운 꽃밭 될때

그때

----------------------------------------------------------

I love this drama (especially epi. 8) though the theme is pretty heavy. A viewer of 20 yrs old, or 30, or 40 will have different feeling about it. Agree with you, shirley, age does make a difference, at different stages of life you think differently.... I also curious about Eun Soo's mother's story, it seems like the problem between her and Eun Soo's father was there from the beginning of their marriage. ( just like Jane and her husband) Why a 30 something grownup kid cannot maturely help solving the parents problem? ( at least understand...and most possibly the mother dragged the marriage to maintain a complete family for the kids)

Everytime after I finished an episode, I couldn't sleep well because there's still too much thought going on in my mind, sigh.... agree with you again, shirley

---> "the choices she make and the insecurities she displayed sometimes does make me angry with her . but i suppose that is part and parcel of her personality , which in reality does exist ..." We all will face one or the other similar situation in our life, the personality do influence a lot to the way you face it, but how much we have to pay in our life to eventually learn to live happily without hurting the one we love and our loved one? Maybe that's why "bittersweet"....

wow . thanks youuuu~akie for the song!^^LOL guess what , i actually laughed at young soo's cold joke. it was pretty unexpected .ahhh l love this YOUNG SOO WALL!^^

A viewer of 20 yrs old, or 30, or 40 will have different feeling about it. Agree with you, shirley, age does make a difference, at different stages of life you think differently.... I also curious about Eun Soo's mother's story, it seems like the problem between her and Eun Soo's father was there from the beginning of their marriage.

yes , i agree viewers coming from different ages and background will have different feelings and reaction to the drama , that's why i find it interesting even to read what others comment about it .~^ i can understand how Eun Soo feel with Tae OH having such an unstable career and his dream of movie , i do think she does want to give an effort to make it work , but it is her first time dealing with a younger man , i guess her ways were clumsy and pretty hurting ..

making him write down his aims or even think about it ...planning for the future ..those words hurt Tae Oh .too much because he saw into her , how insecured she is still about their future .

i feel really sorry for Eun Soo's mother , the father treat her words as if it is invisible air --;; . remind me of the writer's movie My Mother is a Mermaid . how love is eroded .as time goes by and life hardship burden them ...the aged couple ..that love between them seem changed so different from how they first fall in love , you witness how pure they love when they were so young , yet ...letting you witness how that love had became at their old age ..

I am not really sure how Eun Soo mother and father get together ...but obviously the father just take the mother for granted and never even see nor listen to her .

even when she say the word divorce . he called his children to ask you know what your mother is talking about .~!!

..." We all will face one or the other similar situation in our life, the personality do influence a lot to the way you face it, but how much we have to pay in our life to eventually learn to live happily without hurting the one we love and our loved one? Maybe that's why "bittersweet"...

ah, i think that is something we are learning everyday to be happy ..maybe till end of our existence , but yes that is life and why it is bittersweet ..the pain and laughter that we have are what make up life .

I finally finished watching eps. 8 last night with out sub and so I did not understand anything but movement and body language...

eps. 7

I really like ES and TO relationship... even though he is younger then her he still wants to prove to her that he is capable of taking care of her and that he can pay for the tabs too...

but ES makes him feel like he's just a kid and that he's not capable of doing those things... if she really do love him for him then she should except him for whom he is...

TO may be younger but he's smart in his own ways... If you can see or tell... he's more experience in this GAME of LOVE then ES is...

My heart hurted when ES got mad at TO for answering her phone when her work placed called. At 1st I thought he did answer the phone and talk to the nosy girl but TO is not a dummy at all...

I swear the things he do for ES just makes me want to melt in his arm... he love her so much and care about her so much...

I guess ES went overboard this time and so TO left... I was sad for both... but ES must get punish for that cause she was out of line...

eps. 8

Lot's of question... so I guess I'll wait for the subs...

but I really enjoy the time that ES and YS spent time together in Jeaju island... I would like to go there one day. I wish we have tea tasting some where near by where I live... but all we have are wine tasting only.

first time posting in this thread ^^

there are 5 eps to come, so the possibilities could be anything, right? besides,

in the book ES won't end up with anyone

. i personally love to see ES being with YS because they share each other a 'healthy' and mature relationship. YS really treats ES good, more like a gentleman. yes YS is a bit old fashioned but that's the charm of him. if i ever met a guy like that....aaww !

i really like this drama....and LSG ahjussi :blush:

Really...

in the book ES won't end up with anyone

I sort of had a feeling that was going to happend... it's so typical in a movie/drama for that to happend... and it usually does when you want both because you are greedy.

Okay, so Jane "resigned"... i.e. got a divorce (although, technically, it wasn't a divorce because they never registered their marriage.

Eun Soo resigned from her job.

Yoo Joon actually got a job.

And Yoo Hee broke up with Nicotine and failed her audition.

It didn't look like Young Soo was bullying (in the flashback)...only that he was in a fight. (He tells Eun Soo that he was very headstrong when he was young and always wanted to win. He also says that there's something he wants to say, but can't, and asks her if that's okay.)

From the preview:

Eun Soo receives an email/message from (? sender unknown), saying that there's lots he wants to say, but he knows their time is already past. But if she doesn't hate him too much, he would like to see her one last time.

While Tae Oh is waiting at the cafe, you can see Eun Soo's reflection in the window and Tae Oh smiling at her.

Jane finally smelled the cup of coffee and left the dude... oh my gosh, if I ever met someone like that I would so not even want to date him... I guess with many fail relationship she had... she just wanted to feel wanted and needed but she pick the wrong dude...

I thought he was really weird when she ate a piece of his cake and he cut off the piece that she ate...

not only that... I don't like mama boys either...

EunSoo quit her job? I guess I'll have to wait and see why she did that...

Yoo Hee broke up with Nicotine again... I don't even understand why she got back with him in the 1st place... but I guess I can understand... women are weak when it comes to LOVE and so she has not fully gotten over him yet...

well it is dubbed as the SEX and THE CITY of Korea that is why it is creating a BUZZ.

for the past days Choi Kang Hee and Sweet Seoul have been one of the HOTTEST Search in the Internet..most of the time on the TOP 6.

i just checked a while ago and CKH is on #1 at yahoo and the buzz this time around is about her fashion in the drama.

the drama is also at #1 at yahoo. i watched Friday dramas and the Friday dramas i watched never got attention from the public, but this one is.

if this drama hits above 15% or reach 20%(which i think is very ambitious), then it would be considered very successful as Friday Dramas are not really getting much attention from the public.

i cannot wait for today's episodes.

thanks WITHS2 for the Epi 1 subtitles.

i can rewatch Episode 1 now.

You know what... I was thinking something like that... I was like this sooo remind me of "SEX IN THE CITY"

the girls talking about their lives... all of them over 30's... dating younger guys....

I want me one of TaeOh... don't care about his age... he's just so sweet.

Ok, I'm really hook on this drama (TaeOh) at the moment and I'm going back to read people point of view and some spoiler... I'm finding some interesting stuff... but the one part that hurts me the most is that ES and TO relationship won't last... I guess I sort of saw that coming in eps. 7 when she yeld at him and made him look dumb... my heat hurt so much for him.

Guest prita

Honestly, I only care for YS, simply don't want to see him hurt especially not with ES. YS is so much better for ES. However, I could see this might be happening (the hurt thing) because you can tell that ES still loves TO, if she doesn't why would she be so bothered when Jane tell her she run into TO ? Thinking of this makes me frustrated.....OMG I'm so not liking this.....

Ji Hyun Woo will be in KJE's Chocolate next week.

they already showed a preview and he will be singing and playing guitar.

i cannot wait to see him. the actor is beginning to grow on me for his sweetness in Sweet Seoul. :sweatingbullets:

Guest DAYdream*

Is it just me or does ES's nails change like.. randomly?

Sorry if this was said before XD Just ignore me~

Guest thunderbolt

From X's [2008 K-DRAMA] First Half Wrapup:

Best Five Dramas

doshi.gif

달콤한 나의 도시 (My Sweet Seoul)

Produced by CJ Entertainment/SBS

Airing on SBS, Fridays - 16 Episodes

PD: Park Heung-Shik (I Wish I Had a Wife, My Mother the Mermaid)

WRITER: Song Hye-Jin (My Mother the Mermaid, Sundays in August)

CAST: Choi Kang-Hee, Lee Seon-Gyun, Ji Hyun-Woo, Moon Jung-Hee, Jin Jae-Young, Yoon Hee-Seok, Kim Jae-Young, Lee Han-Wi, Kim Hye-Ok, Lee Ho-Jae

We still can’t call it a trend, but it’s the beginning. Be it because Chungmuro is doing badly and many directors have to wait too long in between works, or because it’s just a nice experience to add to your curriculum vitae, film directors are starting to cross over. Last year it was Park Jong-Won with the fantastic Eight Days, this year we have Park Heung-Shik, better known for lovely rom-coms like 나도 아내가 있었으면 좋겠다 (I Wish I Had a Wife). Joining him is writer Song Hye-Jin, who already worked with him in the past, and a mostly film-trained crew. Park adapted the chick-lit bestseller by Jeong Yi-Hyeon into one of the most creative and irreverent little dramas of the year, and one that’s filled to the brim with movie atmosphere.

Where else on Korean TV would you possibly see a drama referencing Truffaut’s Jules et Jim and actually connecting it effectively to its story; a drama spending a full three minutes without saying a single word, as the two protagonists stare at each other before a kiss; a drama that can get as unnerving and uncomfortable as real life can be, with a collection of musical and theater-trained actors making this a great ensemble. My Sweet Seoul is sweet when it needs to be, it becomes so close to home it’s also kind of irritating in its frank realism, and makes the most ordinary moment shine like a serenade under the moonlight. SBS calls this its first “Premium Drama,” to hopefully shed the image Friday dramas had carried during the last few years. If the future looks like this “sweet” beginning, I’m totally sold.

credit: twitchfilm

Guest iWuha

has anyone watch this week's episodes? I can't wait to see what happened! I really hope that ES will end up with YS. Like him so much and I'm disappointed with how some recent Korean series have open ending (kant jeok and 3 dads 1 mom). I hope this one won't be like that. It's hard to say since we all know how the novel ended.

And I guess there's bigger chance ES will :tears: end up with TO. She seems to still have feeling for him.

Guest prita

And I guess there's bigger chance ES will :tears: end up with TO. She seems to still have feeling for him.

I'm guessing it too. Despite her being constantly have feelings for TO, I see ES does have an unstable emotions like insecurities & fears which are leading YS to finally see who she is and might re-think about how he feels towards her. I can now understand why ES is still alone in her island.

I'm in a dilemma here, I wish ES the character would end up with YS, despite the fact Choi Kang-hee really gets me in the nerve with her cutesy- artificial act which is a contrary to Lee Seon-gyun for he is an understated, nuanced actor. But I'll keep watching this for Lee Seon-gyun.

Guest Gromit

This drama is so cool even though the lead actress annoys me a fair bit. I hope she ends up with the voice but these drama's usually likes ending with the more fairy tale endings so she will probably still be with Tae Oh. Sign....

Archived