why cant you post links to an album you made?

Guest Hep D MC
Your intention is good, but any kind of d/l links are not allowed in the music forum or sub-forum. The reason that soompi closes down its file sharing forum is that too many leechers are registering an account just for d/l music, not for posting. It takes up a lot of forum resources.

That sounds reasonable, but it's not a good solution.

What if Soompi implements a rule where users with certain number of posts have the ability to access the file sharing forum?

I'm guessing 100+ (500, 1000, whatever) posts should allow to label a user as a legitimate Soompier than a leecher.

Plus with MODs in each forum, they can suspect whether someone is posting excessively just to reach the 100+ posts mark.

Just a thought.

Guest indieROK

Yeah, I thought that was kind of a weird call too. IMO Hep, or anyone, should be able to post links to their own legal content. Also, when you're trying to spread the word about lesser known (OK, let's face it... unknown!) bands/music it's helpful to be able to post links to files if someone wants to find out about it.

Seems like the letter of the law overtaking the spirit, if you know what I mean. There's cases where a ban is warranted, and then there's a lot of uses that are pretty darn fair. Just my opinion though... gotta play by community rules I guess. <_<

Guest 1--cuteYy

yup like z-degrees, you have to post around 25 or something like that to download the new albums, and in certain topics you'll have to have over 25 characters

Archived