How Late Do Your Parents Let You Stay Out?

Guest michikocolatte

Well I'm 16 and my curfew flexes depending on the event and with whom.

If it's a celebratory thing, and I don't have school the next day, I can stay out until 12 or 1 as long as they know who, why, and an approximate time for my return. And they know I have my cell.

If I have school then I have to come home by 10-11-ish and that's only if they know. If they don't and I just leave, they expect me to be home by 9-ish.

But I push that envelope and come home a lot later than they/I say. I have my phone and keys and I'm quiet so they don't exactly notice when I come back home when they're asleep.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bbyxwinnie

eh it depends on what the thing is

like if its school related or "important" i can be out whenever as long as i can get a ride back,

if its like hanging out and stuff i should be back the latest around 8 (summer time/spring)

winter its around 6~6:30 i dont mind i hate going home late cause its creepy walking back ;s

oh right im 16 :S turning 17 in feb ^__^

dang you people got some strict curfews.

if i'm out past 10 pm, i have to call my parents to give them an "update." after that i can stay out for the entire night or more. after 10 pm my parents go to sleep and don't care lol.

Guest roartehgoar

if I get a ride home, and i am with a friend she knows of. which is all of them. then about 12.

If I cant get a ride its about 9 or 10 because I would have to take the bus and its creepy.

Guest Leopoldine

I'm almost 17 and my parents never said explicitly that I had a curfew.

I usually just have to tell them where and with who I'm with.

But I don't like to stay very late at night so I gome home before midnight. I don't get out a lot at night anyway.

Guest Wish4Invisibility

No time limit... but I'm "expected" to always let them know the time estimated I'd be back. And I always have to tell them who I'm going with or where I'm going. Sometimes, even why. lol.

No time limit really.. Just need to tell them who I'm going with and what time I'll be back. Kind of like ^^^.

But when going out with friends, I need to be back around 11PM. When going with cousins, I can be back the next day or in weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bunnieee_ears

acutally... my parents are good when it comes to curfews...

When i was 15, i was allowed out till 1, as long as i updated on my status every now and again telling them where I was... but tehcnially, they're fast asleep by 10.00 so they don't really... yer. They just wake up in the morning and I'm home so it's all good ^^ I guess they trust me ALOT.

Now I'm 16 and i'm too tired from school to be bothered to go out late lol, except on weekends, which end up turning into sleepovers at my girlfriend's place... which they don't mind either as long as I tell them...

:) realised how lucky i am.

It really depends who I'm with. XD

Usually, when it's with my brother, it's around 4-5am. But my parents don't really notice since they're sleeping. x]

Church people around 12-1am.

Friends (If near by or at a house) 10-11pm.

If it's far and I have to bus home alone, it's 7 latest. xD But I usually go home earlier since I get tired LOL.

I guess my parents don't mind much. As long as they know where I am and who I'm with. (:

Plus, they stay out later than I do >_>;

i consider myself to be very lucky, i've never really had a curfew as long as i return home within 24 hours since i've left. i remember being able to stay out til after sunrise when i was like 11. sometimes i'll go meet up with friends for coffee or snacks at 1am. much fun 8)

Guest bonjour tristesse.

As long as I let them know where I am, who I'm with and what time I'll get home, they'll be good. There isn't really a curfew for me but a few years back I had to be home by 6 or else I'd get a really long lecture >_<

I don't have any problem staying late outside. but I needs to keep my family know where am I going. and yeah, depends on excuses given too. usually I'll staying out until 4:00am to finish my assignments with classmates at any restaurants, 2:00am -3:00 for midnight movies LOL :P

Guest adaytodiefor

I can stay out as long as I want.

Sometimes I dont get home till 7 or 8 AM next day sometimes even 12.

My parents dont care much if I go out or not.

Archived