Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** I'm glad that Ju Ji-hoon is returning to the big screen for the first time after many years with the comedy film, “Gentleman” alongside his close friend Park Sung-woong. He said he asked Park to join the project while on the set of “Hunt” on Jeju Island where both of them appeared as cameo. 

“Gentleman” hits theater on Dec. 28.    :cheers:

credit : Korea Herald

*** Park Sung Woong talks about his upcoming movie "Gentleman" and his team-up with Ju Ji Hoon. During the press conference with the director and fellow lead stars Ju Ji Hoon, and Choi Sung Eun, he spoke about his experience filming the movie and portraying the antagonist. According to him, he accepted the villain role in 'Gentleman' because of Ju Ji Hoon. He revealed that he initially refused to play the villain anymore. He said  that it was JJH who convinced him to accept the offer. He said "I thought it would be good for the two of us to work together." the PD shared why he offered the role to JJH.  He said that he thought of him since the beginning of writing the scenario. 

The movie is set to be released on December 28 in theaters. "Gentleman" will be the first original film presented by Wave.   :emmm:

Ju Ji Hoon and Park Sung Woong

photo source : Kdramastars

*** Joo Ji Hoon is back in the movie, "Gentleman". He plays an owner of a detective agency who somehow gets framed for a murder and get mistaken for a prosecutor after a client engages him to find his pet. Ha. This sounds like comedy. Joo Ji Hoon is all sexy, so I think he’ll kill this role.  Here are MORE of the stills  :   :piggie:

20221206_0921004900360261986305965.jpg?w=1024

photos source https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2022/12/06/gentleman-stills/

10 Famous Romance K-Dramas Which Have A Thai Drama Adaptation

The popularity of Thai dramas has been rising worldwide for the past few years, and not only with its BL dramas which are loved by many across the globe. One of the reasons for an increase in interest could be that Thailand is adapting legendary dramas from different countries and including many K-Dramas.

Early this year, the Thai adaptation of "Hana Yori Dango" ("Boys Over Flowers" for the Korean adaptation) into "F4 Thailand: Boys Over Flowers" gathered a lot of interest and views on YouTube. The first part of the first episode reaching over 14M views (07/12/2022 data), and actors of the series are gaining millions of followers on Instagram.

For those new to Thai dramas and want to try them, it has a lot of its content that can be watched legally and fully subtitled on YouTube or your usual OTT (Netflix, Viki, etc).

Note: K-Dramas adapted from other countries are also included.

2. "Princess Hours/Goong" (2006) -> "Princess Hours" (2017)

10 Famous Romance K-Dramas Which Have A Thai Drama Adaptation

MBC / True4U

The famous Korean drama "Princess Hours" starring Yoon EunHye, Ju JiHoon, Song JiHyo, and Kim JeongHoon is one of the legendary K-Dramas. It tells the story of the energetic high school girl ChaeGyeong (Yoon EunHye), who has to marry the tsundere prince Lee Shin (Joo JiHoon) and her struggles in the palace. Pattie, Tao, Phan Pagniez, and Bebe are the Thai cast of this drama.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-famous-romance-kdramas-which-have-a-thai-drama-adaptation/

'Gentleman' presents Ju Ji-hoon's style of action comedy

By Kim Eun-jung

SEOUL, Dec. 21 (Yonhap) -- Korean actor Ju Ji-hoon will appear as a fearless private detective disguised as a prosecutor chasing crime cases masterminded by upper-class villains in the upcoming crime-comedy flick "Gentleman".

Directed by Kim Kyung-won, the movie follows Ji Hyun-soo (played by Ju), a private detective who is falsely accused of kidnapping his client. Ji pretends to be a prosecutor to find the missing client and goes on a journey to track down bad guys by any means.

Veteran actor Park Sung-woong, who has impressed audiences with villain roles, appears as the head of a large law firm, and rookie Choi Sung-eun plays the role of a merciless prosecutor who teams up with Ji to uncover ugly truths.

Ju, best known for his roles in megahit film "Along With the Gods" (2017) and Netflix series "Kingdom" (2019), said the detective's pursuit of power elites will present his style of action comedy.

"('Gentleman') is a bit like a fantasy movie," Ju said in a press conference held after screening the movie on Wednesday.

Ju said he had a lot of discussions with the director to naturally express the protagonist's transformation from a detective to a self-proclaimed prosecutor.

"It is not easy to defeat powerful people, and I tried to portray (Ji) as a character not seen before," he said.

Co-star Park said he wanted to create a villain character with unique style, using luxury fashion and settings.

"I wanted the villain character to be seen as a great wall that can't be overcome," Park said. "I think my defeat doubled down catharsis for viewers."

"Gentleman" will hit local theaters on Dec. 28. It is Wavve's first original film and will be available on the local streaming platform at a later date, with the release schedule not yet confirmed.

ejkim@yna.co.kr

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20221221008400315?section=culture/movies
(END)

Ju Ji-hoon on why he chose mid-budget film after starring in mega-blockbusters

A scene from the film, 'Gentleman' / Courtesy of Contents Wavve
A scene from the film, "Gentleman" / Courtesy of Contents Wavve

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Actor Ju Ji-hoon, best known for his roles in the "Along With the Gods" film franchise and Netflix series, "Kingdom," went against expectations and chose to pursue a mid-budget movie instead of vying for a role in another major franchise.

In the crime comedy film, "Gentleman," Ju plays the role of Ji Hyun-soo, a private detective who is falsely accused of kidnapping his client. He disguises himself as a prosecutor to chase Kwon Do-hoon, an alleged mastermind of kidnapping and sex trafficking crimes.

Ju, shared his thoughts on starring in mid-budget films and why theaters still need them.

"I believe that studios should pump out more quality mid-budget movies because they allow for a wider range of themes and genres to get explored. As long as a film has its own charm and an interesting concept, I am willing to take part in the project," he said during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Friday.

The 40-year-old actor said he now seeks advice from young staff when selecting movie roles.

"I take more chances because I have learned some things over the years. I want to make the kind of films that I would want to see. However, I have to admit that I'm in my 40s now and I don't know what genres young people like to watch the most. So I often ask my staff who are in their 20s about their favorite genres," he said.

A scene from the film, 'Gentleman' / Courtesy of Contents Wavve
Actor Ju Ji-hoon / Courtesy of Contents Wavve

Describing "Gentleman" as a straightforward caper movie with fantasy elements, he lauded director Kim Kyung-won's creative endeavor.

"Although I had limited information about director Kim because this was his second feature film, I was able to sense the overall tone of the film by speaking to him directly," he said.

"I loved how he examines human emotions in a complex way. For instance, it's hard to say whether my character, Ji Hyun-soo, is a good guy or not. He is a self-righteous, but snobbish character who breaks rules and tricks other people."

Ju hinted that he will be starring in entertainment TV show "Bros on Foot" alongside actors Ha Jung-woo, Yeo Jing-goo and Choi Min-ho, also known as Minho of K-pop boy band SHINee.

The four actors will be challenged with various missions and quests on their journey abroad.

"I was having a dinner with director Jang Tae-you, with whom I worked together in SBS' drama series, 'Hyena,' and he asked me if I'm interested in doing a variety show with his brother, Jang Hyuk-jae, who is also a popular producer behind SBS' 'Running Man' and Netflix's 'Busted!' At that time, I didn't give him a clear-cut answer. Few weeks later, actor Ha called me and said, 'This sounds fun. Are you in?' I told him I would do if he agrees to star in it," Ju said.

"Gentleman" will hit local theaters, Dec. 28. It is Wavve's first original film and will be available on the local streaming platform at a later date. However, the release schedule has not been decided yet.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/12/689_342292.html

The most expensive Korean dramas that are definitely worth watching

From romance to historical dramas, keep scrolling to find an elaborate list of some of the most expensive Korean dramas with stunningly high production costs that you must definitely watch.

Believe it or not, producing a top-tier K-drama, not only requires an elaborate team of experts and professionals but a massive budget. In fact, if you think about it, any drama requires immaculate production quality to deliver content that is actually believable and actually takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. To ensure a top-notch drama that actually manages to impress the audience, it needs to be so much more than just a good story; it requires elements like special effects, exotic and appropriate locations, the right kind of set decor and so much more. This is what makes K-dramas astronomically expensive. This time, we have curated a list of the 10 most expensive Korean dramas that you will definitely enjoy watching. Scroll on for everything from historical dramas to fantasy romance dramas along with their estimated production cost. 

4. Kingdom 

Kingdom Cast: Ju Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, Kim Sungkyu

Director: Seong Hun Kim, In Je Park

Writer: Eun Hee Kim

Year of release: 2019

OTT Platform: Netflix

Kingdom Rating: 8.3/10

Read more about Kingdom here.

Another historical drama with a huge production cost that was worth every penny has to be Kingdom. The show features zombies that required a whole lot of special effects to lead to a huge production cost. Reportedly, per episode of the K-drama costs around 3 billion Korean won. Watch the historical horror drama to witness Korean A-listers including Ju Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, and Ryu Seung Ryong.

The estimated production cost of the Kingdom was estimated at 35 billion Korean won.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/the-most-expensive-korean-dramas-that-are-definitely-worth-watching-1204650

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/12/29/20221229000700_0.jpg

“Gentleman”

(South Korea)

Opened Dec. 28

Crime/Action

Directed by Kim Kyung-won

Private detective Ji Hyun-soo (Ju Ji-hoon) pretends to be a prosecutor in order to find his missing client, fight evil crimes and track down outlaws masterminded by Kwon Do-hoon (Park Sung-woong), the head of a large law firm. Together with merciless prosecutor Kim Hwa-jin (Choi Sung-eun), Ji works on solving a murder case to prove his innocence after he is falsely accused of being the killer.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald