[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Guest tokyollvogue

wait lemme get this straight..main thing i wanna know

one minute for all singing and dancing?

or each?

oh please say each ;___;

for the first 60 something odd people i saw..it was 1 minute combined singing and dancing.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest carrieeeeeeee_x

my audition was not really how i expected but i guess it was okay. i went in and he told me to stand on the marked line and i started singing then he stopped me before i get to sing the part where i'll show my voice. it was really fast though. less then a minute. he wasnt really looking at me but he did a few times. there was alot of people around 420 something i was number 113 but then i stayed for a while for my friends. it was a good experience.

Guest juicybae

I was expecting my audition to go good but.. there goes stupid me & messes up. I went in and bowed, then I went to the marked spot & he turned on the music so I started dancing but right after the first move.. I forgot the WHOLE dance that I made up so I acted like I knew what I was doing & I just freestyled & popped like a crazy woman LOL but what I was surprised about was that I had face expressions on that made me look like I was confident & I pointed at the camera a few times, you know like how singers do & he actually watched me throughout the whole time & didn't look down at the paper which made me feel confident but.. I can't believe I forgot my whole dance.. it was sucha good dance & I repeated similar moves when I freestyle ><; I wish I did better.

__edit;

Geez son, I sounded conceited up there when I did terrible rofl. Well anyways, for the people who still didn't audition yet, I think it's gonna be hard because this judge is like any other judge, I think we need JYP himself to actually find the passion/talent in us.

Guest MonsterCrew-1-Tech-

I was expecting my audition to go good but.. there goes stupid me & messes up. I went in and bowed, then I went to the marked spot & he turned on the music so I started dancing but right after the first move.. I forgot the WHOLE dance that I made up so I acted like I knew what I was doing & I just freestyled & popped like a crazy woman LOL but what I was surprised about was that I had face expressions on that made me look like I was confident & I pointed at the camera a few times, you know like how singers do & he actually watched me throughout the whole time & didn't look down at the paper which made me feel confident but.. I can't believe I forgot my whole dance.. it was sucha good dance & I repeated similar moves when I freestyle ><; I wish I did better.

lmao gg.

Guest juicybae

man...lots of rippage with this judge fella.

if it makes you all feel better...

...he was wearing dirty socks.

the bro was shaking his leg psychotically and i suppose his shoes were too big so his foot was poppin' out of 'em and....hahah

that sort of helped take the "intimidating judge" factor away.

so LA kids, think "dirty socks" and you will giggle and be able to mellow out for your audition.

ROFL I just had to reply to this!

omgsh, that cracked me up so much! I noticed the shaking leg but I didn't see the dirty socks.

Ohman your comment made me crack up like hell!

Guest juicybae

so when do you get your answer weither or not you made it or not

on the newspaper it said "2 weeks later" but my few of my friends were asked to stay after & audition for almost every category? well not ALL, but like they had to; sing, dance & model. So I'm guessing THATS your results & the rest of us are gonna get our rejection letter in 2 weeks? LOL who knows.

on the newspaper it said "2 weeks later" but my few of my friends were asked to stay after & audition for almost every category? well not ALL, but like they had to; sing, dance & model. So I'm guessing THATS your results & the rest of us are gonna get our rejection letter in 2 weeks? LOL who knows.

what were your friends told or could you tell me what happened to them after they stayed

Guest juicybae

what were your friends told or could you tell me what happened to them after they stayed

Hmm well she told me that all the people who had to stay were asked to come to the audition room & each had to you know, dance, sing & model, like even if you auditioned for acting, you would be asked to sing, dance & model (only if you were asked to stay) & I heard even people who weren't auditioning or whatever were watching o_O; but yeah & you have to say like your name & your age and stuff.. that's like basically it.. there's probably more to it later because JYP has to look at the videos too~ So.. yeah LOL I'm not sure 'cus I left early ;P I hope that helped~

Guest naninan277

Hmm well she told me that all the people who had to stay were asked to come to the audition room & each had to you know, dance, sing & model, like even if you auditioned for acting, you would be asked to sing, dance & model (only if you were asked to stay) & I heard even people who weren't auditioning or whatever were watching o_O; but yeah & you have to say like your name & your age and stuff.. that's like basically it.. there's probably more to it later because JYP has to look at the videos too~ So.. yeah LOL I'm not sure 'cus I left early ;P I hope that helped~

O wow! Good luck to your friend too then. Did she have to wait all the way till the end of all of the auditions to "audition" a 2nd time later on?

Guest juicybae

O wow! Good luck to your friend too then. Did she have to wait all the way till the end of all of the auditions to "audition" a 2nd time later on?

Yeahhhh! I left at like 8.. & before I left, I still remember a line of auditions left ><;

I think she left around like... 9-10pm when she came at like 1pm? she was tired ;(

wow u guys comment on the judge seems intimidating. o_o

BUT THAT JUST PUMPS ME UP MORE WOOO!!! (ok.. getting crazy. xD)

sooo!! 5 more days!! Ahh so exciteddd :DDD I have a busy week too so it'll go by fasttt.

Man now I gotta go cut my dance and my song. >_>

Guest love=music=life

I'd like to clarify one thing:

The people in the "judging room" are NOT the only judges.

Their job is to record all the performances and take the recording back to Korea

Where the judging will be done by other staff members of JYP Entertainment.

So let's not bash the NY "judge"

Also looking at the NY Audition experiences,

you will not get a full 1 minute to do your audition.

Sorry.

ugh

i was so ready to go, but now i can't...

which is good cuz it would have been a waste of time for them and me. haha

do i need to send them an email to ignore my email application?

Don't worry about it. The e-mail applications are for us to get a general idea of how many people are going to show up.

ahh still havent sent my email application yet...

for some reason excell wont let me...

i guess i can just print it out...any difference?

Just bring your application with you, the day of the audition.

for singer part.... can we only dance not to sing??

No, if you want to dance you have to audition for the dancer category.

is it recommended that we sing two songs?

Most likely you will get one chance to sing one song

hey i was wondering what kind of "segment" to prepare for v.j. audition?

do youu pretend to be a v.j. or will they ask to talk about yourself? :huh:

Pretend to be a V.J.

im trying out for the sinning part but i heard that we also have to have a cd preapred for a dance??? can anyone tell me about this? i htought its gonna be like sm where they give u a random song to dance to for like a min. thanks

Looking at the audition experiences from the NY Auditions.

They have random music prepared if you don't have your own

haha did the judges talk english too? im kinda nervous bout that -_-

I think for LA, every staff member I know of so far are all more comfortable with Korean

But I am more comfortable with English, maybe i'll be able to help ^^

LOl

Anywayz

Ok im korean and i know this is kinda disgrace but i am 2nd generation so.

I cant speak that well

I can speak and write pretty OK

but not well.

So what if the judges talk to me in korean and i dont know what the hell to answer and i mess up and it turns off one of the judges ?

LOL

Don't worry they're not judges.

DDD:

oh no this is badd.

we're asked to dance AND sing?

a;skfja;slk

i cannot sing.

-3-;

-anxietyattack-

No, you won't be asked to do both if you are not auditioning for both.

However, it seems as though some people were asked to audition for things that they weren't originally auditioning for.

Just, don't worry about it.

Guest taylorkabaylor

DDD:

oh no this is badd.

we're asked to dance AND sing?

a;skfja;slk

i cannot sing.

-3-;

-anxietyattack-

well have a song prepared just in case...

cause if they think you're good in one category they wanna know how many other categories you're good at

:]

Guest moniQue

hey love=music=life!

do you know if the judges take into account your application when they decide who gets a callback (i.e. experience)? i was one of the first ones to audition in ny, and i didn't realize that i was supposed to move onto the next category when the guy stopped me, so i just left. O_O i signed up to sing, rap, and dance, but i only got to sing.

thanks!

Guest musicpoplove

the people who the judge think they are good enough to even review, they will review about like few people. they are not gonna review 400 ppl over again -.-

so if you got jyp workers/judges to like you then they wil; propaby review your tape and pick people out of there.

then call you, then audition, then pick ppl out of 2nd round and go to final round with the big man. J Y P.

tis a better chacne if you dance well and sing well because ifyou just sing or dance, will there are plenty of really good singers or good dancers in auditions. being potential in both and seeing you have confidence wins you more possablities for them to review your tape once more in korea

Guest love=music=life

hey love=music=life!

do you know if the judges take into account your application when they decide who gets a callback (i.e. experience)? i was one of the first ones to audition in ny, and i didn't realize that i was supposed to move onto the next category when the guy stopped me, so i just left. O_O i signed up to sing, rap, and dance, but i only got to sing.

thanks!

I'm sure they will look at it, but the video is what's going to make a difference.

i thought there was no second round... o.O?

im confused now

There is no second round

Archived