G.i. Joe - Live Action Movie

LucasBunny

Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid, Lee Byung Hun and Sienna Miller

G.I. JOE 2009

Okay here is the casting for the upcoming G.I. Joe

I must say I am a bit disappointed..but nonetheless I think this movie is going to be tough!

Scratch that they are making GI Joe global

that = screwed

Sienna Miller as the Baroness

sienna_miller1_300_400.jpgbaroness.gif

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Heavy Duty

0000000762_20060919024415.jpgrdblck.gif

Rachel Nichols as Scarlett

rachel-nichols-2006-mtv-movie-award.jpgscarlettbigwhite.gif

Ray Park as Snake Eyes

244554Ray-Park-Posters.jpgmovietitle18.jpg

Lee Byun Hun as Storm Shadow

LeeByung-hun.jpgAPR063093.jpg

Saïd Taghmaoui as Breaker

56641893.jpgbreaker.jpg

Thread will be updated

Hollywood would be stupid to mess up a series like G.I. Joe

this is so easy to pull off, they better get it right!

EDIT!

OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE I POSTED THIS HERE

MODS PLEASE MOVE POR FAVOR!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently heard that Hollywood is planning to make a live action “G.I. Joe” movie. It will be directed by Stephen Sommers who also directed The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and Van Helsing.

They have a alot of actors lined up to play the main characters from G.I. Joe and Cobra: Dennis Quaid (General Hawk), Channing Tatum (Duke Hauser), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan) and Lee Byung Hun (Storm Shadow).

The live-action movie is set to be released August 7, 2009.

Source: wikipedia and MoviesOnline

Any 80's babies who are familiar with this cartoon series? :D

I made a thread for this already

.....But I can already tell you this movie is screwed!

They will really need jesus for this movie and only people who have no knowledge about GI Joe

will like this movie while us GI Joe fans will be mourning.

Reasons why GI is screwed

first of all they are based in Europe!

and they are a global team! GI Joe is supposed to be an AMERICAN team

They just defeated the whole purpose of GI Joe.

Listen to the theme song

A REAL AMERICAN HEROE

Second of Channing TATUM AS DUKE???

Honestly what the hell is going on in Hollywood??? I swear they need some better casting people because Channing Tatum does not have what it takes to play Duke he's just goodlooking, Sienna Miller as Baroness is an even bigger joke, I bet they are going to turn this into like an OC story or something. The only good casting so far is Ray Park as Snake eyes, Dennis Quaid as Hawk and a few others

and IMO Lee Byung Hun should not be playing Snake Eyes, sorry to his fangirls but that is a major miscast.

GI Joe is sooo easy to pull off and they are ruining it!

sometimes I think Hollywood does these things on purpose

Dragon Ball has a better chance than this movie

and before people bash me

go watch GI Joe on Youtube and you will see why this is a hot mess

here is the thread I made

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189039

Guest papabear

the original comic & cartoon were pretty cheesy and unrealistic, but fun for kids; the movie adaptation is not very faithful to the original... they might as well make a movie about Shield & Nick Fury if they're going to do a movie about an international counterterrorist organization...

I'd rather see a movie about special forces or Delta...

Lucasbunny - I was looking for the thread but couldnt find it on the tv show directory. Good of you to mention that there is already an existing thread. We can request for the Mod to merge the threads.

There is an additional bit of news - the role of Destro has reportedly been cast and it will be David Murray, who is known for his work in theatre.

murrayasdestro.jpg

Read this article: FusedFilmBlog

As for LBH as Storm Shadow - he is fluent in English so there won't be any issues with his lines and he is a talented actor.

Channing Tatum as an action hero still needs to be proven but there is time to work on it.

The cast is definitely eclectic but its up to the director to make it work. The script would also have to be very good.

I would reserve judgment until i see clips of the movie.

~~~

edit:

ROLE OF DESTRO HAS BEEN RECAST ~~ as of 02/11/08 -- it will be CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON instead.

Just want to share old and new info I was able to dig up. :sweatingbullets:

Just a few clicks away to read up more-

** Here's an old article in Fox News announcing Paramounts' plans to produce a GI Joe movie and backlash from critics and fans a like.

** Here's Hasbro Comments on GI Joe Movie in this link: www.comingsoon.net

** Its reported that Larry Hama Is Onboard The GI JOE Movie ~~ Read up more here: FusedBlog

** For those who don't know Larry Hama - read up more in wikipedia

I'll post more when I find more info. :)

Just want to share the latest news -- COVER GIRL has been chosen and it will be ......supermodel, Karolina Isela Kurkova.

Here's the article I found:

IESB Exclusive: G.I. Joe's Cover Girl Revealed!

The IESB broke the casting of Storm Shadow, Zartan and Destro. We've brought you solid news on G.I. Joe thus far and are going to add one more to the mix, Cover Girl Revealed!

Czech Supermodel Karolína Isela Kurková will be bringing Courtney A. Kreiger, better known as Cover Girl, to the big screen in Paramount Pictures' live action adaptation of the Hasbro toy line.

Fitting that Kurková is best known for her modeling in the Victoria Secret Angels ad campaign (to quote Borat "NIIICE!") considering Cover Girl was a highly successful fashion model from Peoria, Illinois who graced the covers of countless magazines. She soon found the world of modeling unfulfilling and joined the army to seek out new challenges in life in order to prove she was much more than just a pretty face.

So now you know.

And knowing is….well, you know.

Karolína Kurková joins David Murray (Destro), Dennis Quaid (Hawk), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan), Channing Tatum (Duke), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live action G.I Joe directed by Stephen Sommers set to be released August 7, 2009.

kurkovaascovergirl.jpg

Want to know more backstory on the character?

Here's more,

Her beauty made her something of a fantasy object among many Joes, most notably Shipwreck and Clutch. Although she manages a playful flirtation with Shipwreck, Cover Girl was repulsed by Clutch's blatantly chauvinistic personality, and she continually rejected his advances, only to be confounded at how good a team they made in the heat of battle.

Cover Girl has yet achieve the prominence of female Joes Scarlett or Lady Jaye, but she became a popular recurring character in both the animated G.I. Joe series and the comic books. When she first appeared in the MASS Device miniseries, she sported long blonde hair and blue eyes, and was dressed in regular green military fatigues with yellow accents. During this initial adventure, Cover Girl's personality was pointedly feminine, although she proved herself a formidable agent when she saved the day (and the lives of many Joes) during a deadly crisis (with the help of Snake-Eyes' pet wolf, Timber).

Cover Girl did not have much of a love life in either the cartoon or the comic book, but the cartoon occasionally implied that she had a crush on Duke. According to the cartoon's writer's guide, she was originally intended to be in a relationship with Thunder. It was revealed in Issue #20 of G.I. Joe: America's Elite that she was dating Shipwreck, much to the jealousy of Clutch. Cover Girl appeared with Shipwreck in the recent comic "G.I. Joe Special Missions: Brazil".

In her appearances following the five episodes of the first G.I. Joe mini-series, Cover Girl's long, blond hair was suddenly short and brownish-red (resembling Scarlett's in color and style, albeit without a ponytail). Her eye color even changed (she now had brown eyes), and she wore a mostly beige uniform with a brown leather jacket. Her personality had changed as well stressing a more tomboy attitude. (Note: It is unclear if the animated series featured two different characters named Cover Girl, or if the character had simply been re-designed to match the action figure released by Hasbro.) - Wikipedia

Source: www.IESB.net

kurkova.jpg

Just want to post an update:

Found an article stating that due to a last minute work visa issues for David Murray the role of Destro has been recast.

G.I. Joe's Destro Has Been Re-Cast!

Despite being set to go into production any day now, there has been a last minute change in the G.I. Joe cast. According to IESB.net, David Murray, who was to star in the film as the Scottish Arms Dealer Destro has been replaced by Christopher Eccleston.

It seems that Murray had problems getting into the U.S. and getting his work visa in time for the film to begin production. Although the studio was looking forward to working with Murray, they chose to re-cast the role to allow filming to begin as planned.

Eccleston, who will be replacing Murray, is best known to American audiences for his role as The Doctor in the first season of the revitalized Doctor Who, and for his appearance as Claude (The Invisible Man) on Heroes.

Source: SuperHeroFlix

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/91/26491.php

charleseccleston2.jpg

christophereccleston.jpg

Hi zoeve, an update to start the movie thread going ^^ can't wait for more pics to be released!

---

Thanks to the highlight by cacao at lovelbh.com

First Look at Dennis Quaid in G.I. Joe

Thursday, February 14th, 2008

The G.I. Joe movie has started shooting, and the first picture from the set has been released. IESB.net has revealed a picture of Dennis Quaid dressed for his role as General Hawk.

gial2.jpg

It's a nice clean, crisp military uniform, so it works out well enough. Truthfully, there's no reason to expect that they'll have any trouble bringing the characters that wear traditional military gear to life accurately. What will be interesting to see is how well the more exotic-looking characters are interpreted.

G.I. Joe is being directed by Stephen Sommers, and stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Ray Parks, Rachel Nichols, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Said Taghmaoui, Marlon Wayans, Christopher Eccelston, Sienna Miller, Byung-hun Lee, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is scheduled to come to theatres August 7, 2009.

Source: http://www.superheroflix.com/news/18/26618.php

Guest leongfun

It's rumored Marlon Wayans is playing G.I Joe.

little_man_060712074246247_wideweb__300x340,1.jpg

You might know him from Little Man, White Chicks, Scary Movie, etc.

Yes he is black and yes G.I Joe is white, they're aware of that.

Hi rubie!

Thanks for sharing the article. Like you, I am excited to see more photos from this movie. :)

Also, I found another article thru your post.

Dennis Quaid Knows Which Characters Will Be in G.I. Joe

Ever since it was confirmed that Dennis Quaid would be playing General Hawk in Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe, production on the film has seemed to rocket forward, with nearly all of the cast being announced, and production beginning this week. But the cartoon and toy line is known for having a great number of memorable characters, and fans have wondered which of their favorites would make the cut. Quaid recently spoke with MTV, and confirmed some of the members of the G.I. Joe and Cobra forces that we would see.

Quaid confirmed that among the Joes we would not see are such classic characters as Shipwreck, Wild Bill, Roadblock, Flin, Gung-Ho, Lady Jaye and Bazooka. Additionally, classic Cobra villains Major Bludd, Tomax and Xamot and the Dreadnoks won't be appearing. At least not in the first film.

"They're not there," Quaid said, thinking back to the script. "They may be in the second one, though."

However, while fans may gripe about the absence of their favorite characters, Quaid did offer some details of the script that should keep them happy. "G.I. Joe is kind of close to James Bond, the old James Bond with Dr. No," Quaid said of the script he'll begin shooting soon. "[Cobra is like] S.P.E.C.T.R.E., where they take over an entire island and are a sort of crime country unto themselves."

Quaid also said that while he will not be the one to deliver the iconic "Yo Joe!" battle-cry in the film, he does get to deliver another line that has long been linked to the franchise.

"I say: 'Knowing is half the battle,' " Quaid revealed.

G.I. Joe is being directed by Stephen Sommers, and stars Dennis Quaid (General Hawk), Channing Tatum (Duke), Ray Parks (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Christopher Eccelston (Destro), Sienna Miller (the Baroness) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow), and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Duke's best friend, and possibly Cobra Commander). The film is scheduled to come to theatres August 7, 2009.

Source: SuperHeroFlix

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/55/26555.php

~~

leongfun - Marlon Wayans will be part of the cast. He will play the role of Ripcord.

The cast of GI Joe is very diverse which is one thing that makes this movie interesting. Please continue to share your thoughts about this upcoming movie.

Guest strawberry78

I'm hoping for the best for this movie, though I'm not exactly holding my breath. Hollywood has a tendency to.... IDK. It could go either way. But I kind of like the cast... Saïd Taghmaoui <3 love him, and Mr. Eko from Lost ! I hope this won't be a disaster of a movie...

Guest ghosts_04

any news if there will be a Firefly character?

I guess im one of the avid fans of that cobra saboteur. It will be a great add if he will be in the first movie or the sequel.

any ideas?

strawberry78 - Me too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this movie.

ghosts_04 - there is no news that they would be including that character in this movie. but its still too early to tell.

Archived