What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Artemis Fowl - 5th book and Wuthering Heights.

Wuthering Heights is really hard to pick up. I had to keep stopping and starting. I'm trying to pick it up again but its so boring! Maybe the language is a bit hard to understand for me.

Guest clouds4ME

I was reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, but i couldnt finish it.

It was okay up to where i read.... not something great in my opinion.

Im starting memoirs of a teenage imsoniac.

I have to read Sophie's World for AP English. It's so boring and long. D:

I read that a couple years ago, I agree that it can get quite dry especially if you're not into philosophy because throughout a lot of it there really isn't a lot of plot, but the ending is quite surprising.

Currently reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill.

Guest kandiiezLOVESDB

@ HiddenTruth - omgomgomgomg! a thousand splendid suns is awesome! you just feel for what'shername! D: her life is tragic. made me wonder about mine ...

i am now reading the makeover book ... chyeah, not much intelligence in that ... or discussion ... just wanted something that could teach me about makeup ... anyhows, i've just finished the way home by george pelecanos and it was ... astounding. you should pick it up if you can find it anywhere near you. really ... well, not as inspirational as the author wanted it to be but thrilling nonetheless.

Guest deceitful.reverie

I have to read Sophie's World for AP English. It's so boring and long. D:

lol. I only read until half of it, then I stopped. Good thing it wasn't for school.

But good luck with that!

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. This is my fifth attempt. T-T

Attempt? You're not enjoying it?

I actually liked that book, and I thought it was a bit scary. :)

CURRENTLY READING:

The Fire and the Light: A Novel of Cathars and the Lost Teachings of Christ by Glen Craney

-I'm loving it! Although some reviews on Amazon say it's not historically accurate, the plot and the style of the author are really enjoyable. It really makes me want to read more about the subject and learn what really happened.

http://greenleafbookgroup.com/images/autho...raney.3d.lg.jpg

As the 13th century dawns, an ancient scroll kept hidden in the French Pyrenees is rumored to hold shocking revelations about Jesus of Nazareth. A charismatic Cathar holy woman must defy Rome to preserve the truth. Christianity is about to enter its darkest hour and emerge forever changed.

Set against a richly detailed backdrop of religious persecution and political rivalries during the infamous Albigensian Crusade, this is a fictionalized interpretation of the life of Esclarmonde de Foix, one of the most remarkable women in history. As a leader of a heretical sect of pacifist mystics called Cathars, or 'Pure Ones,' she ignites the enmity of Pope Innocent III by challenging the Church's venality and corruption. When Esclarmonde's fame grows after public disputations between the Cathars and the legates of Rome, the Pope retaliates with a brutal forty-year war in Occitania that culminates with the nine-month siege of Montsegur, the Cathar Masada.

Threaded with skillfully intertwined plot lines that bring to life the fascinating characters of this bloody era, The Fire and the Light weaves an unforgettable tapestry of poignant love stories, monastic corruption, Templar intrigue, troubadour espionage, mysteries of the Holy Grail and the Tarot, and epic siege battles that reshaped the kingdom of France and paved the path to the Reformation.

This timely novel about the Cathar Joan of Arc offers a cautionary tale for those who insist that militant theocracy and terror in the name of God could never take root in the modern West. It also challenges traditional beliefs about the origins of Christianity and the controversial role of women in the priesthood.

cr. Amazon

i just finished bed of roses by nora roberts. it was the same book basically as vision in white. i try not to read chick lit, i think it's just this needy phase in my life :( ugh. not even trying to be a book snob or anything, it's just the SAME exact plot. trying to read real books again, i have the brief wondrous life of oscar wao lined up!