What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Carmen.

^ Othello's pretty good! Yeah Shakespeare is difficult, but it gets good once you spend some time with it.

I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice again.

Guest starstung

The Devouring by Simon Holt

I don't think I've ever been this scared reading a book before. Maybe it's not the scariest book to be written but oh well :)

Guest marasshi

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (Book 5 of the Percy series). I read it at the bookstore because I'm cheap but I'm going to buy a copy for my sisters once it comes out on paperback. XD

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by: Mildred D. Taylor

We started this book in my 5th grade class and we never finished it. However, I remembered it was really good, so now 8 years later I picked it up. Its still a really interesting read. It's about an 11 year old African American girl and her family living in the south during Great Depression era years, where her and her family are terrorized and discriminated against by the whites in their town. But told from the point of view of this really smart 11 year old. Its very good. =) Newbery Award winner!

Atonement - Ian McEwan.

Nice plot, but annoying how McEwan tends to ramble about the characters feelings. Feelings are good - but not this much ):

Guest susamirain

I'm currently reading two books:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy: It's pretty depressing but I love the dynamic between the father and son as they deal with a very harsh apocalyptic reality.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay: If you have seen the Showtime tv series "Dexter" then you pretty much know what it's all about. The book definitely offers up loads of humor thanks to Dexter's inner commentary and some pretty morbidly interesting cases. Dexter is not like any protagonist that most of us have known, he has his grim darkside that usually would end in back to back life sentences or several death sentences, lol. But a person can't help but like Dexter and cheer him on as he kicks butt and takes lives.

Archived