What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest iAM_Vindicated

I'm currently reading The Age of Innocence and so far.. it's alright. I watched the movie right before starting this book so images from the movie keep popping up in my head! Anyway.. after that I'm going to read Ethan Frome which is the same author of The Age of Innocence. Everyone is so proper.. but that's what life was like in the late 1800's I suppose.

Guest Uverstar

Currently reading Barack Obama - Dreams from my father

Yeah...people in Australia find it weird that I'm reading about the American President...lol XD

Guest susamirain

I'm currently reading two books:

The Resistance by Gemma Malley (young adult book)

Where Serpents Sleep by C.S. Harris (mystery)-- Funny I typically don't like reading mysteries but I was in the mood for a period piece mystery; this one takes place around the times of Jack the Ripper but it isn't a Ripper mystery.

Guest Sungminnnie

Finished "The Catcher in the Rye" a week ago and didn't like it as much as I thought I would :/ I've been interested in "The Virgin Suicides" and just might read that next.

Guest yuki68

just thought i'd bring this thread back to life...

so what book are you currently reading?

^_^

anyone know where i could read " My Forbidden Face" by Latifa online

thnks

Guest Chii-Chan

I'm reading Twilight.

hahah, I keed. I'd never read that book... Don't ask me why.

Now I'm reading Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. I've always wanted to read this book and it was extra plus when I have to read it for school. I'm halfway through and it's meh. I suppose this book was meant for a women to read something about their own lives in the 1800s. Kind of like how people would read Twilight or some other book. Quite frankly, I don't like to read books like that. It bores me and Pride & Prejudice bores me. Especially since I already know the end of the book.

The book is 100x better than the movie (with Keira Knightley)

They cut the movie by a lot, so they didn't include certain/necessary scenes... and they should've casted a better looking actor for Darcy as well, IMO.

Since Darcy supposedly portrays Jane Austens real life "ex" love interest, Tom Lefroy.

In Becoming Jane, another movie, they casted James McAvoy as Tom Lefroy.. and y'know, he's mighty sexy. :)

That has nothing to do with anything.. But I just felt the need to bring it up.. lmao.

Anyway yeah, I'll stop blabbing... lol.

I'm actually reading Persuasion by Jane Austen now.. I've had the book lying around for a few years.. So, might as well read it.

Guest crashandburn

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

I've only read the first three chapters and i'm hooked. I really want to know what happened on
the winter of 1975
^ _ ^