What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Finished the first 2 books, Unearthly and Hallowed, in the trilogy by Cynthia Hand.

It was the first angel-based book I've read so I was unsure about how it would play out. I really enjoyed it, especially the second book. There was just something about it that kept me up at night. I'm looking forward to the last installment which apparently won't be published till 2013 T_T

I've read mixed reviews about this one, but now I'm going to start Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.

Finished the first 2 books, Unearthly and Hallowed, in the trilogy by Cynthia Hand.

It was the first angel-based book I've read so I was unsure about how it would play out. I really enjoyed it, especially the second book. There was just something about it that kept me up at night. I'm looking forward to the last installment which apparently won't be published till 2013 T_T

I've read mixed reviews about this one, but now I'm going to start Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.

I started Unearthly yesterday! So far so good. Pretty interesting. Guess I should request for the sequel at my local library just in case the ending gets me addicted.

On another note, starting The Mortal Instruments series afterwards. And then, finishing up the Percy Jackson series.

Having a goodreads.com account is very useful.

Guest Myss Blewm

Ingenue (The second book in the Flappers series) by Jillian Larkin.

So far it's not as fun as the first book. Gloria's still a boring character, Clara's story arc is pretty lame (and I like Clara!), Vera's all right but she seems to exist only for plot convenience, and Lorraine is fun, but I still don't get why she's portrayed as the villain(ish) character. Just like in the first book it seems like a weak excuse for her character to be given this role. I think the book would be stronger if Lorraine wasn't involved in the Gloria drama and was more out to find her own true identity. They don't need to make her the bad girl.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I'm almost done. *sigh* I wanted to wait for the Game of Thrones season 2 before reading the book but the first book was out-of-stock so... Can't wait to read A Storm of Swords~

Finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett; and as a U.S. history teacher, absolutely loved it. Completely lived up to expectations and I'll likely be referencing and showing the movie to my students when we hit Civil Rights.

And I just started Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. Probably won't get to finish it for a few weeks since school resumes this week.

Guest followyourdreams.

FINALLY reading "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Also reading Norwegian Wood in Japanese but that's at the bottom of the book pile... it's a great story it's just so slow to start.

Just finished The Maze Runner today. My Mortal Instruments books came in today (the first three books) so I'll probably start that. Five more books are coming in from the library so I'll pick those up tomorrow.

I also finished the Percy Jackson series and I kind of miss them now. I'll probably read another series by Rick Riordan to make up for it. The last book was pretty gratifying.

The Maze Runner is a dystopian novel, by the way. It starts out pretty frustratingly slow in the beginning, but after you get thru it (I had trouble and almost put it down) it'll make you SUPER CURIOUS.

Guest Myss Blewm

Finished "Ingenue" by Jillian Larkin, and....eh. It was okay, but nothing great. I didn't like it as much as the first, and though I did like Clara's ending in this book, I hated the execution of it. Lorraine's journey was really sad, and I thought it was a bit of a disservice from the author to make her so vapid in the last chapter when I think she actually learned a bit through this book (I mean the comment she makes about Hank). And Gloria....despite the interesting drama around her, I still find her story and Gloria herself pretty boring. I don't know, I guess I just don't care much about her.

Just about to start on "Perfect" by Ellen Hopkins. Got it as a Christmas gift from my best friend.

Guest jepho*

Just finished The Maze Runner today. My Mortal Instruments books came in today (the first three books) so I'll probably start that. Five more books are coming in from the library so I'll pick those up tomorrow.

I also finished the Percy Jackson series and I kind of miss them now. I'll probably read another series by Rick Riordan to make up for it. The last book was pretty gratifying.

The Maze Runner is a dystopian novel, by the way. It starts out pretty frustratingly slow in the beginning, but after you get thru it (I had trouble and almost put it down) it'll make you SUPER CURIOUS.

If you haven't already, you should read The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. It pretty much serves as a continuation of the Percy Jackson series...: )

Guest graceyoon

one for the money by janet evanovich...

it's supposedly coming out this summer starring katherine hiegl much to fans' dismay.. so i wanted to see what the hoopla about the stephanie plum series was about.. so far, not very impressed.. i feel like it's aimed for high school kids altho its not