Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew

binyboo_02

here's TMs first place perf, for whoevers curious

its really good

woah they used one of seven's song, lol i'm dazzled lol better than when i heard pac modern use crystal kay's kirakuni

They really blew the competition away.

Dude, they would've killed it on America's Best Dance Crew.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a summary on how they should judge

Are you ready to pop and lock? Think it's time to take the Soulja Boy dance craze to the next level? Don't know what the paso doble or fox trot is? Good, 'cause we're bringing the streets to the stage in the new competitive dance series Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew!

After scouring the country for the top street and studio dance crews, we found 12 of the very best groups to grace our stage. With their dreams on the line, these crews need to impress our panel of judges, including JC Chasez and choreographer Shane Sparks, host Mario Lopez and, yes, American Idol's Randy Jackson, 'cause after the first dance-off, only the elite eight will stay in the competition. And, in the end, only one team will be crowned America's Best Dance Crew, winning a crazy cool cash prize and a coveted touring contract.

Week after week, each dance crew, consisting of five to seven members, will work their butts off to demonstrate their most innovative choreography and sick dance skills. The crews will be asked to recreate the moves seen in the hottest music videos, use their fancy footwork to reenact their favorite movie scenes and pay homage to the classic grooves (and moves) of the past. But it's going to be hard to keep the beat and stay on point with so many people competing for the title of America's Best Dance Crew, and there's sure to be showdowns, shouting matches and dramatic impromptu dance-offs!

And guess what? You'll be right in the middle of the action! Oh yeah, you heard us right. As it all unfolds, you'll get to vote for your favorite dance crew -- yup, their fates are in your hands! Once we tally up the votes, the two weakest links must battle, showing the judges their best moves for the chance to advance to the next round. One crew will be eliminated each week, ultimately revealing America's Best Dance Crew!

So what do you say, are you ready to help us discover America's Best Dance Crew?

credits: mtv.com

Guest sentuhmentalfo0l

EDIT

the shows not that bad, yay for asians! haha

i really like the jabbawockeez and kaba modern

everyone else is just mediocre

Guest Spiffy Girl

gotta love KABA Modern. represent UC I!! hahah sucks that's there no filipinos on the team but it's all good!

i like JABBAWOCKEEZ. They're really good. Same with Fysh and Chicks!

^ hey thanks for the info

yay!! i'm so glad we get to vote

"The crews will be asked to recreate the moves seen in the hottest music videos"

ehhhh i really hope it's some good MVs like michael jackson...and not the poopy stuff they put out today

I hope not

cuz then that will equal too many people trying to actually dance like MJ

which will suck

but this is what is gonna make the show interesting

seeing how versatile they can go

however I aint voting

they charge you for texting and I believe this show is rigged already just like all the other reality shows out there

I still wanna watch though

Guest Spiffy Girl

im bored and seeing what i missed from vibe

kaba modern got 2nd last sunday! at vibe, they lost to TM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cbr6Nr7qFBg

i love the shame part, and the locking after that ahh<3

here's TMs first place perf, for whoevers curious

its really good

woah they used one of seven's song, lol i'm dazzled lol better than when i heard pac modern use crystal kay's kirakuni

heres a really good one too bad they didn't place, my friend is in this. i think haha.

I was about to go to Vibe but I had midterms. Team Milliania is REALLY GOOD!

Go Kaba Modern

you could so tell that they had planned to put both the midwest teams in because they already left an empty space up for breaksk8 on the moving on chart. the whole final battle was done just for breaksk8 to make it in. They knew that femme5 wouldnt get any cheers so they gave them the easy ticket and they knew breaksk8 would have a chance at the battle. that was kind of lame.

i agreee completely.

anyways my favorite group is jabawockees =D during their whole performance i just stared. hehe

Kaba modern. i really liked the beginning part with the gunshots.

Fysh N chicks. i like them too lolls.

Live in Color had a lot of energy which made their performance more fun but it felt all over the place sometimes.

Iconic was insync and i liked them too.

Enigma. truthfully i dont remember them as much but i remember the golden child. lolls

Movement. i agree had nice attire. i liked them =D they had pretty in sync moves.

Status Quo. they were "cute". as in the ideas were interesting. the ending of their routine was quite cool.

Break Sk8. it was cool watching them dance their routine on skates but i kinda lost interest after a while. i mean movement is very limited on skates esp so yea.

Femme 5. they werent that bad.

overall i liked the West Coast the best.

but it'll be interesting to watch the crews improve, clean their moves up, dance diff. styles, and pretty much continue to make me go =OO lolls.

Guest StephysCooLBeans

whaaat how'd i miss this?! haha...that's what i get for not watching tv anymore except for cartoons =P i loved So You Think You Can Dance so i'm gonna follow this too. i'm glad they're bringing Shane Sparks in as a judge!!

Kaba Modern as a LARGE group, they're INCREDIBLE...

but i thought that the audition they had was good, but too much Gun shooting ...

have to admit that korean girl is wicked pretty.

Femme5.. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? WTF? the whole world knows that they SUCK!

They can;t dance, i bet they asked some 'good' dancer they knew to choreograph for them

the skater group.. Eh. They just stoooood around when someone had the center stage..

that was boring, but they are VERY original, and that's probably why they got picked.

The Movement. They were the first group i saw.. they were like any other regular dance group..

nothing spectacular about them (well, they know how to dress)

that fish and chick group... EH, they were aight. Sure they wanted to wear baggy pants and all

to show their 'skills'.. but Uh... i didn't see any skills, all i saw was clothes moving all about the stage.

and i feel like they copied BIG BANG with the bandanas....

WABBAJOKEES.. I still cannot spell their name. But they were the BEST!!!!

i'm rooting for them.. i feel like their only flaw was their speech. (hehe... brothers)

They lost a team member, but they're still going strong, and that's awesome.

Plus, they got a pretty noble reason to wear them masks.. they look HAWT!

Guest kissmaiazz89

wow they all were freakaliouslly amazinggggg!!! im from the east coast...but DAMN!!!!WEST COAST CREWS WERE THE SHIET!!!LOL i really like almost all of the west coast crews that performed~

^Thas true

the West Coast was better in the auditions

but it's gonna be interesting to see how everyone is going to adapt to different styles.

I'm from the east coast too

I wanna see what they gonna bring

lol this was interesting and very true

http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1580393

what that person wrote was so true. i don't really know who lil mama is and i was thinking "she's a judge?". also, the movement did so much better than status quo in my opinion. oh well, it is reality tv like you said.

anyways, i find this show much more interesting than so you think you can dance. maybe because it focuses mainly on hip hop and pop dancing. so far, i really like fysh n chicks, jabbawockeez (what the hell does it mean?), and live in color. fysh n chicks was just wow, women empowering lol. i like jabbawockeez because their whole meaning behind wearing masks was interesting and plus, their dancing is very precise. live in color was filled with so much energy that i seriously started kinda dancing in my seat haha- i can't wait to see what else they can do. enigma seems like a very promising group. i think they could probably win this if they cleaned up a little.

kaba modern seems cool and everything. they dance good, but i don't know. i've seen many people from cali, new york, houston, and other places that have dance groups that can dance like that. they are very talented though, but contrary to what they said, i think they can be duplicated. don't get me wrong they're good, but i would like to see a dance crew with completely different style win this. breaksk8 has their own style, and i love it. but i wonder how much they can do on skates, we'll have to see. femme 5 making it through was really surprising....but maybe they can bring more to the table later. it sucks because all these groups have talent, but it's really hard to point out the ones that are definitely original and different. i can't wait until the premiere!

^Well Lil Mama is a really good dancer I won't lie

chick can get down, and she used to dance in allstars I think.

But she and Jc should not be juding I am sorry, especially if they are searching for the best in america.

and like you said Enigma seems promising

that's why I think they are gonna take it, I feel they are able to be more versatile than the others.

and about Femme 5

I could see if they were good cheer dancers but they arent

they are a joke

anyways

I think that Chris from "JabbaWockeez" is really cute

:blush: :blush: He got a devilish smile keke

^Well Lil Mama is a really good dancer I won't lie

chick can get down, and she used to dance in allstars I think.

But she and Jc should not be juding I am sorry, especially if they are searching for the best in america.

and like you said Enigma seems promising

that's why I think they are gonna take it, I feel they are able to be more versatile than the others.

and about Femme 5

I could see if they were good cheer dancers but they arent

they are a joke

yea, i agree. they should not be judging. their criticism is nice and everything, but i bet other choreographers could do a better job at judging.

yea i think enigma can totally take this. they seem like they can take their dancing to a whole new level.

femme 5 is very much like cheerleaders <_< and it's true what jc said, they can do very good for a hair commercial. bc that's all i saw when they were dancing.

anyways, did anyone think the breaker chick from automatic response was a little annoying? i don't know, something bothered me about her.

Guest StephysCooLBeans

^it'd be awesome if they could bring Wade Robson in as a judge, or at least a guest judge like SYTYCD.

oh and i have a question. i was watching the youtube clips of Kaba Modern..so are they just a really large dance crew? and if so, did they just pick 6 members to represent on the show or what?

Archived