[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

Guest cjgohan2003

JJH needs to cut that hair of his. :lol: Other than that, wow, what shameless eye candy. Son Hye Jin and the Writers alone has convinced me enough to watch this :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest White Star

JJH needs to cut that hair of his. :lol: Other than that, wow, what shameless eye candy. Son Hye Jin and the Writers alone has convinced me enough to watch this :lol:

so true...."shameless eye candy" i love that.

I just finished the 5 min preview clip... I love the series already. Mixed with comedy and drama. Son Ye JIn is soo cute acting all innocent when undercover.

+WS+

200805100331071001_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 박선지 기자]

미녀스타 손예진이 자신의 가장 큰 매력을 청순함으로 꼽았다.

9일 방송된 MBC '섹션 tv 연예통신’에 출연한 손예진은 “지금껏 맡아온 배역들 중 자신의 모습과 가장 흡사하다고 생각한 역할이 무엇이냐”는 질문에 영화 ‘클래식’의 청순가련녀 지혜 역을 꼽았다.

이같은 손예진의 대답에 리포터 김새롬은 손예진씨가 연예인 친구가 없는 이유를 알겠다며 너스레를 떨어 주위를 웃음바다로 만들었다.

실제로 손예진은 최근 진행된 MBC 예능오락 프로그램 ‘황금어장-무릎팍 도사’에 출연해 “내성적인 성격 때문에 연예인 친구가 없다”며 “연예인 친구를 사귀고 싶은데 쉽게 되지 않는다”는 고충을 털어놨다.

하 지만 이날 함께 출연한 탤런트 지진희는 자신이 생각하는 손예진은 “털털하고 수수한 면이 많다”며 그녀의 숨겨진 매력을 전했다. 지난 주 ‘섹션 tv 연예통신’ 방송분에서는 영화 ‘아내가 결혼했다’에서 손예진과 연기호흡을 맞추고 있는 영화배우 김주혁이 출연해 “알고 보면 손예진씨가 굉장히 푼수다”는 사실을 깜짝 공개하기도 했다.

한편 MBC 새 수목드라마 ‘스포트 라이트’(극본 이기원/ 연출 김도훈)로 2년 만에 안방극장에 컴백하는 손예진은 강인하면서도 집요한 사회부 기자 서우진 역을 맡아 또다른 연기변신을 시도한다.

손예진 지진희 주연의 ‘스포트 라이트’는 국내 최초로 방송사 보도국 사회부 기자들의 직업세계를 보여줄 전문직 드라마로 오는 14일 첫 방송된다.

박선지 sunsia@newsen.com

From DC inside

I think this is the interview on the date of press conference :)

Guest zacey

Hi Zacey, should I change it to our SYJ? :)

:lol::lol::lol: tat's will be nice...

shameless eye candy.... wat's a nice ring to it... i have been thinking wat term to name the pair... i like your description!!! :lol:

Based on previous works of writer Lee (adaptation of Japanese novel White Tower) and PD Kim (Rebirth), I don't think "Spotlight" will be classified as Romance. Unless they are doing something completely different.

Have any of us here seen J-drama "Beauty And The Beast" with Matsushima Nanako and Fukuyama Masaharu? Maybe a little bit similar to that instead of previous K-dramas such as "All About Eve"?

In the Chosun interview with JJH & SYJ, the reporters asked them whether "Spotlight" is similar to movie "Up Close And Personal" (1996) with Robert Redford, Michelle Pfeiffer.

Seems like we have a reunion of many of our favorites: White Tower (writer) + Rebirth (PD) + Alone In Love (SYJ) + leading man JJH. :)

Will we get an absolutely awsome drama? We will be able to find out starting next week.

I remember that J-drama...I agree that it's similar to that one than AAE...though here SYJ is the rookie reporter while JJH is the senior reporter

thanks Shirley for sharing the trailer..aside from familiar actors from Rebirth...there are also actors here from Super Rookie...especially Eric's best friend in that drama and the Chairman of LK Group

here are Spotlight Wallpapers

mbc_spotlight1024_1.jpg

mbc_spotlight1024_2.jpg

mbc_spotlight1024_3.jpg

mbc_spotlight1024_4.jpg

src:

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/spotlig...aper/index.html

Guest mandalaywith

From DC inside

I think this is the interview on the date of press conference :)

Pics is Yesterday MBC entertainment News Section TV press conference Interview.^^

Guest kdramafanusa

85l75102.jpg85l75102_1.jpg85l75102_2.jpg

◇ '스포트라이트' 손예진 'Spotlight' Son Ye-jin

◇ 태양의 여자' 김지수 'Women Of The Sun' Kim Ji-soo

◇ '우아한 가족'윤소이 'Elegant Family' Yoon So-yi

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?u...12/85l75102.htm

200805091739191117_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...805091739191117

Son Ye-jin plays reporter Seo Woo-jin in drama 'Spotlight' (MBC).

Kim Ji-soo plays announcer Shin Do-young in drama 'Women Of The Sun' (KBS); replacing "3 Dads & 1 Mom", it will start in late May.

Yoon So-yi will also play an announcer in weekend drama 'Elegant Family' (SBS) this August; it is scheduled replace "I Am Happy".

Thanks Shirley. PD Kim Do-hoon's one of the producers/directors of Rebirth. :)

ah. no wonder.

Based on previous works of writer Lee (adaptation of Japanese novel White Tower) and PD Kim (Rebirth), I don't think "Spotlight" will be classified as Romance. Unless they are doing something completely different.

Have any of us here seen J-drama "Beauty And The Beast" with Matsushima Nanako and Fukuyama Masaharu? Maybe a little bit similar to that instead of previous K-dramas such as "All About Eve"?

lol when i know of Spotlight . .and it spring instantly to mind the japanese drama Beauty and the Beast too ^ . .every esp has a theme .and different news focus . ^^ so i was sure hoping it is something of that genre .it will be great .

Spotlight is definitely not a romance drama.. the director/writer/actors said that the romance part only comes near the end, and even then it will be a relationship based more on trust.. They said that the drama focuses on their relationship more in terms of a mentor-mentee.. :)

yup. i sure dun want another "love story in a TV station " drama ...based on the writer and PD experience , they should be able to deliver something far more than that ..

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Herald 2008.05.12

Reporters get the spotlight

MBC's upcoming drama "Spotlight," which airs this Wednesday night, promises to bring back a bit of excitement to the small screen.

Following on the heels of its more-than-lackluster predecessor "Who Are You?", "Spotlight" focuses on the gritty and enterprising lives of city desk broadcast news reporters. The drama tracks one woman's rise to fame, from her struggles at the city desk to her eventual success as an anchorwoman.

With a plot like that, the success of "Spotlight" rides on the strength of its heroine and on its scripting.

And the script promises to be solid. The drama's writer Lee Ki-won possesses a finesse for drawing out the dark political power struggles that go on in the workplace. And his intense and cutthroat writing will play out well in the newsroom. Lee also wrote last year's hit medical drama "White Tower."

"I focused on the inner struggles that reporters face as humans," Lee said at a press conference held last week. "While there is romance, more importantly, this is about trust."

200805120005.gif

▲Ji Jin-hee and Son Ye-jin (right) play news reporters in "Spotlight."[MBC]

But judging from the preview and from what big-time celebrity Son Ye-jin, 26, had to say at the press conference, "Spotlight's" heroine might have trouble getting her feet off the ground.

Set to play the title role, Son, who deftly played a calculating yet endearing seductress in the hit flick "The Art of Seduction" (2005), more than disappointed with her lack of comical timing and poor delivery in the preview.

Rather than playing up the stereotype of the merciless and bold news reporter, Son's reporter was clueless and clumsy. Hardly convincing as a newswoman with three years of experience under her belt, Son will need to beef up her role in the episodes to come.

"The director and scriptwriter met with anchors, announcers and reporters," said Son at the press conference. "I did not meet them directly."

But if Son does not want to get pushed into the shadows by her costars - actors Ji Jin-hee and Jin Goo - she might want to consider stepping it up and meeting up with some reporters to get a feel for what the job is really like.

On the flipside, actor Jin Goo, 27, who proved his acting mettle in the gangster flick "A Dirty Carnival" (2006), showed that he had done the research and training needed to play the minor but interesting role of a cub reporter.

"To prepare for my role, I followed a real cub reporter around," Jin said. "The first thing I realized is that this is a dirty job."

By dirty, he meant literally dirty, and made sure to keep his hair looking messy and unkempt for the role.

Jin might just outshine his more prominent costars, giving Ji Jin-hee a run for his money. Ji Jin-hee, 36, who hit it big when he starred opposite Lee Young-ae in "Jewel in the Palace" (2003), is returning to the small screen after a three-year hiatus.

Playing the stern and supremely talented lead reporter for the city news desk, Ji prepped for his role by hanging out with reporters over dinner.

"I met with city desk reporters over dinner," Ji said. "They were very hierarchical, even more top-down than an army."

With a little insight into the social life of a reporter, it looks like Ji might have a respectable handle on his role as the heroine's mentor. Add that to the strong subject matter, and MBC may just have a winning formula.

But this formula isn't new.

Japan focused on broadcast news in the miniseries "Top Caster," which aired on Fuji TV in 2006. And Hollywood won audiences over with the hit newsroom flick "Up Close and Personal" (1996). MBC even did it before with their drama "All About Eve" in 2000.

To be successful, the show will have to distinguish itself from what has been done before. And "Spotlight" producer Kim Do-hoon is well aware of that.

"'Spotlight' focuses on the important but often unnoticed city desk broadcast news reporters," producer Kim said at the press conference.

And turning the spotlight on the rough-and-tough city desk might be what it takes to breathe new life into an old plotline.

Viewers will have to tune in Wednesday night to see if "Spotlight" breaks the mold.

"Spotlight" airs Wednesdays and Thursdays on MBC at 9:55 p.m.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

Guest kdramafanusa

here are Spotlight Wallpapers

Kolabear, thanks for sharing these Wallpapers. :)

Glad to know that you & Shirley know which J-drama I was referring to. :)

lol when i know of Spotlight . .and it spring instantly to mind the japanese drama Beauty and the Beast too ^ . .every esp has a theme .and different news focus . ^^ so i was sure hoping it is something of that genre .it will be great .

yup. i sure dun want another "love story in a TV station " drama ...based on the writer and PD experience , they should be able to deliver something far more than that ..

Hi Shirley, I hope Spotlight will be great too. So excited!!

Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, Fukuyama wasn't as handsome here (as Under The Same Roof) but definitely didn't look like a beast. LOL.

Just like Matsushima Nanako, I always associate Son Ye-jin with love stories.

:lol::lol::lol: tat's will be nice...

Ok, will do that. :)

shameless eye candy? :lol:

Guest ovette

lol noticed their station is GBS?? :)

i cant wait to see EP1.. looks like On Air's gonna have a tight competition with this one :)

Guest atel

the drama poster looks more like a movie poster.

edit:

just read the synopsis on the first post. ... searching for truth... :lol: i guess i'm being cynical but the level of journalism in korea... :ph34r: anyways, drama wise it's looking pretty good.

Guest ovette

thanks for the presscon pics!

i can already see the chemistry between SYJ and JJH. :) SYJ is pretty in that dress.

and who's Jo Yoon Hee.. never seen her before. she's also pretty.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Times 05-13-2008 17:03

'Spotlight' Shows the Lives of Reporters

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

080513_p14_spotlight.jpg

Actors Son Ye-jin, left, and Ji Jin-hee will appear as city desk reporters in the new drama "Spotlight'' tonight on MBC.

With MBC's new drama "Spotlight,'' viewers will get a glimpse into the lives of broadcast news reporters covering the city beat.

"Spotlight'' depicts the journey toward success of a passionate city desk reporter Seo Woo-jin, played by top actress Son Ye-jin. Ji Jin-hee from the hit drama "Jewel in the Palace'' will star as her strict, yet caring mentor, Oh Tae-seok. The drama will follow Seo's drudge through the grind to eventually become an anchorwoman.

At the press conference held last week in southern Seoul, reporters and camera crews swarmed the room for a shot of Son.

"Spotlight'' is the first drama in two years for Son, 26, who has starred in movies like "The Classic'' (2003) and "The Art of Seduction'' (2005).

"I read the synopsis and had a strong impression. I especially liked the fact that (Seo) continues to strive to achieve her dreams. I was captivated by her passion and energy,'' Son said.

A short clip of the drama drew laughter among reporters when Ji said "You call yourself a reporter?'' hinting that the crew meant it when they said they were aiming for a "real'' reporter drama.

"We tried to break away from the cliche love scenes this time. We focused more on their stress as human beings and reporters, not just their affections toward each other,'' said Lee Kee-won, the writer of the drama. Lee tasted success last year with his strong presentation of the political world of doctors through the medical drama, "Behind the White Tower (2007).''

Producer Kim Do-hoon explained that reality was of foremost importance in "Spotlight.'' "We'll be showing episodes that might really happen in real life. I think this is hard because we never had a drama like this before. Being the first is always difficult because there isn't much to compare with.''

The actors also mentioned their share of reality, as many of them actually spent their days and nights with real reporters.

"I followed a reporter for a day. At first, I didn't believe it when they told me they didn't have time to bathe. But I realized they really didn't have the time to even wash their face,'' said Jin Gu who plays fellow reporter Lee Soon-cheol.

As top celebrities, actors bump into reporters frequently, whether they enjoy it or not. When asked if their opinions toward them changed, Ji Jin-hee admitted that it was all about the choice of words.

"I realized the importance of my words. The right words can turn you into a hero but using the wrong words will have you fall. I told myself to be careful from now on,'' he laughed.

"I started to understand their struggle to capture the truth for the public. Now I feel very pressured,'' Son added.

This is the first time for a television program to solely delve deep into the lives of broadcast news reporters, although there were some dramas and movies that briefly introduced the profession. In order to bring reality to the small screen, some scenes were shot at the real MBC News Desk set in Yeouido, Seoul, while MBC city desk news reporters will be adding reality by appearing as well.

"We'll introduce the dilemmas reporters face as people with feelings and also as people who have to dig out the truth. There is a symbiotic relationship between the two,'' Son said.

"Spotlight'' will be aired tonight 9:55 on MBC.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest kdramafanusa

i cant wait to see EP1.. looks like On Air's gonna have a tight competition with this one :)

In terms of ratings, we cannot compare the numbers for this week since "On Air" (SBS) is ending. We can look at the numbers they get on their 1st week.

"On Air" was lucky because it started the week after MBC drama "New Heart" (same time slot; averaged more than 25%) ended. "Who Are You?" premiered on the same day & "Hong Gil Dong" (KBS) was getting so-so ratings (below 15%).

Regardless of ratings, I hope that "Spotlight" will be good. :)

and who's Jo Yoon Hee.. never seen her before. she's also pretty.

She was in movie "Taegukgi" and dramas "Love Cannot Wait", "Snow White", and "Love Letter".

thanks kdramafanusa ^^ for the articles posted .ah seem the media also have strict demand and expectation for this drama ? ..we shall have to see how it turns out in the first few esp ^^ ..

She was in movie "Taegukgi" and dramas "Love Cannot Wait", "Snow White", and "Love Letter".

In the drama Love Letter , she was in the role of the sister of JJH who cant speak ? right ? .~^^

Archived