Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

Guest esellee

I'm looking for some tips, I've bleached my hair twice and this is what it looks like currently:sg0qhh.jpg
My natural hair colour is a medium/light brown and I'm thinking of dyeing to Mocha Pink using the Etude house bubble dye.
I know barely nothing when it comes to hair colouring so I'm looking for some tips and advice.- Shall I dye my hair back to medium/light brown first before using Mocha Pink or will it still look nice if I dye on top of my bleached hair? - If I dye on top of my bleached hair will I need to redo roots first? 
- Is there anything else I should keep in mind?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobody knows

WORTH IT?: not entirely sure yet
Natural Hair type:
short straight medium hair (not super fine but not coarse either)
Hair History: -
started dying in like 5th grade
then i took a small break in high school and got into bleach and semi perm dyes
the past year i've been dying it a red/mahogany colour

then before the semester ended, I tried bleaching my whole head blond to dye it blue BUT the blue dye SUCKED and didn't even stay in my hair so it turned out an ashey blond which i dyed red and faded into ..

Hair color Before:
577202_10153041170025411_971971883_n.jpg

Hair color After:
DSC_2402.jpg
yeah ... i don't do normal faces
Bleach?: helllllll yes
Hair Dye: -I used a random dark brown that my dad uses to dye his white hairs
I got blue bleach powder + 40vol developer (i know people say not to use it but i'm impatient and it does the job), then toner
Price: - it cost me about $13 for a huge tub of bleach, which i used maybe 1/6 of idk
the 40vol developer was given to me by one of my high school teachers
+toner cost $5 and i only used half
Changes:
damage? lol
oddly enough the blond feels super soft under water but when drying .....
doesn't feel as damaged it should be considering i bleached it several times before this too
Description: split my head in half ish, and one half chose to be blond
it was originally a little orangey ish, so I bleached it 4x total (2x every other night), then toner on the last night. I started wednesday and finished by saturday

did not use foil cos it was too messy, just tried to clip hair back so i could do it as even as i could

the other half i just put the black on to hide blonds that i didn't catch the second few times and weren't light enough
Comments: i did this on the third to last day of my summer job because i like having crazy hair but you don't get hired when you look like cruella de vil, and i wasn't planning on getting a job during fall semester but now i'm looking and probably not gonna get hired lol
looks like i'm blond from certain angles though hahaha like so

i bought hair chalk so i could get random colours to confuse people (? maybe they won't be confused cos hair chalk is so popular now) so i'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail :/

Guest eyetcetera

Ello! I recently bought Manic Panic After Midnight Blue but I have some questions before using it. I really hope someone's nice enough to give me some insight. Please & thank you! 1. I have virgin black hair (sort of brown in sunlight?) Picture 1 | Picture 2 2. Would prefer not to bleach because I have natural curls & they're dry as is plus the upkeep is priceyyyy D; 3. Would the dye still work without bleaching? Will it turn green? ._.

Hey so I wanted to dye my hair for the fall season.
I personally hate red/orange tones in my hair and I just realized how nice Bethany Mota's hair is.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any hair dyes that can get be that same hair colour (basically a dark ashy brown). It's literally the perfect shade (like in this video). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest nobody knows

eyetcetera said: Ello! I recently bought Manic Panic After Midnight Blue but I have some questions before using it. I really hope someone's nice enough to give me some insight. Please & thank you! 1. I have virgin black hair (sort of brown in sunlight?) Picture 1 | Picture 2 2. Would prefer not to bleach because I have natural curls & they're dry as is plus the upkeep is priceyyyy D; 3. Would the dye still work without bleaching? Will it turn green? ._.

Guest eyetcetera

nobody knows said: as for number 3
blue hair turns green because yellow from bleach + blue from dye fades into green
however if you have no intentions on bleaching, it won't turn green

it'll probably work (maybe really show up under sunlight, and have a slight tint indoors), but will fade really quickly if it does

i've personally never semi permanent dyed over my natural hair colour (I always bleached) so i can't say for sure, but based on what happened with my friends, that should be what will happen

Hello, for those of you Soompiers who have experience with blonde hair I want your input please!

I've had dark brown hair (dyed) for about 3 years now, with each dying session about 3-5 months apart from each other. My natural is medium brown. I've been stuck with the idea of going really light blonde, since I really like long blonde locks, they look fairy-like. But I've spent years trying to get my hair this long, and I don't know if it's worth it, to go so light. I mean I don't wanna damage it and all my effort gets wasted. Is it possible (salon or no salon) to go platinum even gradually, without damaging my hair severely enough? And if yes do you have any tips and what process should I follow?

Guest Skippergirl

eyetcetera said: Ello! I recently bought Manic Panic After Midnight Blue but I have some questions before using it. I really hope someone's nice enough to give me some insight. Please & thank you! 1. I have virgin black hair (sort of brown in sunlight?) Picture 1 | Picture 2 2. Would prefer not to bleach because I have natural curls & they're dry as is plus the upkeep is priceyyyy D; 3. Would the dye still work without bleaching? Will it turn green? ._.

Guest Skippergirl

Rin said: Hello, for those of you Soompiers who have experience with blonde hair I want your input please!

I've had dark brown hair (dyed) for about 3 years now, with each dying session about 3-5 months apart from each other. My natural is medium brown. I've been stuck with the idea of going really light blonde, since I really like long blonde locks, they look fairy-like. But I've spent years trying to get my hair this long, and I don't know if it's worth it, to go so light. I mean I don't wanna damage it and all my effort gets wasted. Is it possible (salon or no salon) to go platinum even gradually, without damaging my hair severely enough? And if yes do you have any tips and what process should I follow?

Guest eyetcetera

Skippergirl said:I have used it on platinum blond and natural black hair. On black hair it will just leave a blue sheen/tint that lasted for 3 weeks if you don't wash your hair too much or use cold water to preserve the colour. On my blonde hair it was a dark blue but it fades to purple then grey then to a nice ash blonde :D

Guest Skippergirl

eyetcetera said: Skippergirl said:I have used it on platinum blond and natural black hair. On black hair it will just leave a blue sheen/tint that lasted for 3 weeks if you don't wash your hair too much or use cold water to preserve the colour. On my blonde hair it was a dark blue but it fades to purple then grey then to a nice ash blonde :D

Guest sakumar

Since I couldnt get any responses on the palty thread Im going to try here too D: 
Basically I have been wanting to get my hair to be a rich dark shade of brown with reddish undertones.  I was thinking of getting the palty dye in strawberry macaroon but I have heard from some people that it can really lighten virgin black hair to a vibrant color which makes no sense without bleach.  If I put that dye on my virgin black hair will that really happen?

Guest Skippergirl

sakumar said: Since I couldnt get any responses on the palty thread Im going to try here too D: 
Basically I have been wanting to get my hair to be a rich dark shade of brown with reddish undertones.  I was thinking of getting the palty dye in strawberry macaroon but I have heard from some people that it can really lighten virgin black hair to a vibrant color which makes no sense without bleach.  If I put that dye on my virgin black hair will that really happen?

Guest misswengie

I just went from blonde to brunette :) Would love to know what you guys think?? My video is linked below :)
b-d-yt.jpg

http://www.wengie.com/2013/09/hairstyle-going-form-blonde-to-brunette.html

Guest Littlofoott

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can help me. i love the brown hues in my hair, however it can look brassy. can anyone recommend me something that's gentle on the hair thatll tone it down?? Thanks

Just recently bleached my hair to silver ash grey.

I had to bleach my hair 4 times then applied a dark ash blonde dye.

That looks awesome! Can you recall what brand of hair dye you used after you bleached? Have been trying myself to get the same color.

Heyy everyone I have a question:

I have soft, not very thick, low body dark brown Chinese American hair & I want to give my hair a red brown color. So how would be the best way to do that without bleaching it or going to a salon?

(^_^)b

Archived