Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WendyT1430293369

Hey guys, so I've dyed my hair using bleach and an ash blonde hair dye loads of times and I'll sometimes go back to dark brown. The other day was the first time in ages I dyed it and I used bleach and an ash blonde hair dye again but of course, my hair turned red/orange/brassy. A section on the top of my hair turned a really weird light colour which is near the back of my head. ZqN8LihD.jpg

I've been doing research because it's obviously not the colour I want, I want to be a lighter ash brown/blonde and a lot of people have said to use a purple/blue shampoo or an ash colour. I'm not sure which to go with so I was wondering if anyone knows what I should do? I want to try and fix it ASAP, so it would really helpful if I am able to purchase a product really quickly to fix it.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help!

Guest rowenaxmarie

WORTH IT?: - Yes
Natural Hair type:
Black, straight, thick, flat
Hair History:  
- constantly dyed
Hair color Before: virgin black roots and dyed brown hair
Hair color After: Blonde
Bleach?: Yes
Hair Dye: Bleach - Loreal Quick Blue
Dye (first time) - Wella Color Charm Gel Permanent Tube in: #740/8A Light Ash Brown (Level 8)
Dye (first and second touch up)- Wella Color Charm Gel Permanent Tube in: #1210/12A Frosty Ash (Level 12)
Price: $25 USD for Huge Tub of Bleach powder, $7 USD for each tube of dye (use 2 per touch up)
Changes
-Drier than usual (obviously) but my hair is thick and very tough against all I do to itIt doesnt feel like straw but it isn't perfectly soft either. very prone to split ends

Description: -This is the first time I ever bleached my hair. It was previously dyed brown with my black roots growing in. I put bleach on my roots first then the dyed parts so that my hair came out an even color. I started with a level 8 blonde, but for my last 2 touchups I went with a level 12 blonde.Be sure to do your research before doing blonde yourself for the first time :)I touch up my roots every 2 months as well as trimming my ends. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and I always use a hair mask and Purple shampoo to keep my hair from going yellow and brassy.

Before: 
b3i3.jpg

After: (first bleach and level 8 dye)3e0s.jpg

Few weeks after bleaching and added pink onto the ends:krnd.jpg

5 Months and 2 root touch ups later: (Level 12 blonde, much lighter)vd7p.jpg

I'm due for a touch up in a couple weeks, and that marks my 6 months of being blonde. I might go for a ginger color or stay blonde, still undecided

Guest motherducker

^ From my experience, asian hair dyes has worked really well for my hair. I used palty in the past and it came out just how I liked it.
I used loreal on 2 different occasion; one time on my already dyed hair which the color showed up nicely, and the other time when my natural hair color had grown out, and the color didn't show up as well. 
So unless your hair is like pure black, going with an asian hair dye brand would probably be a better choice

hair_zps92f3ca33.png
some of the hair colors/styles I've done in the past years~I've done more, but I wouldn't be able to fit them all in a picture ahah.I didn't post a pic but for the past year and a half I've been keeping my hair short (combover fade) & natural hair color now. I'm thinking about going blonde again, but I'm not sure how that would look with my very short hairGuess it wouldn't hurt to try though, I could always dye it black again if it looks funky ahha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest radenayu

Hi! I just post a hair coloring product review, Liese Prettia Bubble Hair Color - Platinum Beige
liese+prettia+platinum+beige+review+imag

Full review here >> http://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-liese-prettia-bubble-hair-color.html

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question about hair dye... so i was checking out my regrowth and I noticed  that whenever I try to feel the line between my regrowth and the colored hair , there's this rough feelingto it like there's a bend hair something lol sorry .. but yeah .. anyone experienced that??

• 1 month later...
Guest ibexrawrrr

Has anyone tried dying their hair a brown plum purple color? I tried dying it that color once, but I didn't really work out. :(

Guest della712

helllllp~ it's been a while since i posted here (probably last time i posted on soompi was in 2012)
i'd like to dye my hair like this. im in love so bad with this color. i've been doing some research about dyeing hair blonde. this isnt my first time dyeing my hair myself, but this is surely my 1st time dyeing it to blonde
b3556b8980b3849f1e593152a82a65a3.pngtumblr_m9n6esYThY1qbdv3vo1_500.gif

real hair : black
previous color : medium brown and mahogany brown
current hair : the color has faded away after more than 1 year (i also dyed it black in feb 2013) and it completely faded away and im back to black

i dont want yellow blonde, orange or whatsoever, it should be ash lol

fyi, the only things i'll buy are syoss extra light ash blonde, and a bleaching pack. there's no toner sold in my country. so it's very limited to me.
i found someone saying like " buy palty sparkling blonde and ash blonde hair dye and you'll get the ash blonde you want" umm im scared, i've found someone's blog dyeing her hair with syoss ash blonde (not sure it's medium or extra light, but i guess it's light) and almost got the exact shade i want, it's just when she bleached her hair, her hair became orange, not pale yellow or white. she said that she should have waited for a little while to get that pale yellow or white shade so she could get the ash blonde she wanted.
tumblr_inline_muz6zokbMV1rg46ft.jpg
this is the result of her dyeing with syoss. almost close to the shade i want

im just scared of getting orange shade. if i got it, what should i do ? thanks ~^^

@della712 if you're planning to bleach your hair, buy toner. There is a possibility that there is some brown left from your previous dye, so you'll have to bleach more than once. Toning you hair will remove the orange-y color. Note, this will take awhile to get the light blonde that you want.

Guest Ashley-Kat

Over the years I've gone from Black to brown to blonde to red to strawberry blonde... then brown and back to black...All I can say is my hair needs the rest. I can't imagine those who go a step further in bleaching their hair 4 times to get he result they want ;(Also, always wanted pink/greyish hair... but too scared. 
MY HAIR JOURNEY (just scroll down)

• 1 month later...

Archived