[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest singapore0950

Hello!

I just started to watch. And skipped Ending.

Why DC's died @ last? OMG...... Or those i wish DW's died.

But overall still prefer Happy Ending....As DC's have tried very hard to protects only love & family's.

Why let him to died.

Wonderring does DC's marry? @ Last got happy family YR's?

Their so matching :P;)

Another happy ending is JH's & Hubby with kid..@ last happy ending. :P

Chat again.... i wanna to watch now.

And wonder why the Bad Guy TS's dislike DC's dad so much?

Can anyone tell me please please.

thanks! ;)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those dramas still available to watch, either online or any shops in Singapore which i can purchase them..

From my search I found out that she was in a movie with BYJ called Untold Scandal. How long ago was that?Cos I can't seem to find it in Singapore.. I thought it was only 2 years back or something??

unfortunately it's hard to get the those old movies and dramas... 'Untold Scandal' was in 2003... you might want to ask friends in Bae Yong Jun thread about this and maybe they are better prepared in providing you in how to get the movie...

Another question to ask, Did Lee Misook win any award for this drama? I remember seeing that she won the MBC Female Excellence Award for 2008.. but another website showed that the winner was Han Ji Hye? ?

Top Excellence and Excellence

Top Excellence (Actress): Bae Jong Ok (Woman of Matchless Beauty, Park Jung Kum), Lee Mi Sook (East Of Eden)

Excellence (Actress): Moon So Ri (My Life’s Golden Age), Han Ji Hye (East of Eden)

Hello!

I just started to watch. And skipped Ending.

Why DC's died @ last? OMG...... Or those i wish DW's died.

But overall still prefer Happy Ending....As DC's have tried very hard to protects only love & family's.

Why let him to died.

Wonderring does DC's marry? @ Last got happy family YR's?

Their so matching :P;)

Another happy ending is JH's & Hubby with kid..@ last happy ending. :P

Chat again.... i wanna to watch now.

And wonder why the Bad Guy TS's dislike DC's dad so much?

Can anyone tell me please please.

thanks! ;)

ahahhaha so many questions... it's best to watch and enjoy EOE one episode at a time... you will not regret its amazing journey :rolleyes:

Guest singapore0950

Hello 2uss!

still got question lol :D

wonder why DC's died......why.........why............why

or those @ last YR's wife gave birth ^^Small DC"S^^ but still can't believe it.

:o

I want happy ending......I want happy ending :)

All of them having meals together.... And mentioned luckily baby's don't have Dark col. of eyes brown.... haha!

so funny

Guest honeybear

Hi 2uss ..

thanks for providing me with the info ..

would u happen to have the video clip of Lee Misook getting the Top Excellence Award for EOE .. cant find it on youtube eh ..

Very disappointing. It was hailed as another "Sandglass," but I have to say, it doesn't compare at all. I probably wouldn't have finished it without Song Seung Hun. I feel that viewers were cheated by a cheap ending. I wished that ultimately Lee Dong Wook prosecuted his biological father Shin Tae Won, but show how evil he was and see his whole world crumble for at least 4 episodes. Even better, even if he couldn't find the compassion to acknowledge his wrongs, at least be proud that although he met his end, he also achieved his goal of championing his son as Prosecutor of S. Korea. He was dealt a cheap death blow in just 1 episode.

Tae-ho's mom was a gem. She went from tender hearted, naive innocent to a pragmatic, ambitious exec willing to move on with life. Her character was an unpredicatable, yet more profound performance. I loved President Guk too (Grace's dad). He was such a deadly adversary underneath the guise of a perpetual jester. He always had a great sense of humor.

Through many kdramas, I would walk away with lines or expressions that remind me of the drama, but this one I came away emptyhanded....except for Shin Tae Hwan is evil! Please don't waste 56 hours of people's time.

Guest singapore0950

I am really enjoys watching some scene in Epi.27

~~~

Young Ran, came and look for Dook Chul........so sad. look frm them. the both eyes are so tiring. :o

And so pity of them ^^Lovely couple^^ :P

But why they both of them can't be together. Why Dook Chul died at last....why?

Very disappointing. It was hailed as another "Sandglass," but I have to say, it doesn't compare at all. I probably wouldn't have finished it without Song Seung Hun. I feel that viewers were cheated by a cheap ending. achieved his goal of championing his son as Prosecutor of S. Korea. He was dealt a cheap death blow in just 1 episode.

i agree with you that i wouldn't probably see this drama if it wasn't for my favorite actor, SSH... malodramas aren't really my top choices of kdramas to begin with (although EOE has its share of thrilling/intense moments to my surprise)

comparing it to 'Sandglass' unfortunately EOE is not... SG is SG and EOE is EOE... it's unfortunate that many easily believed on one article that compared EOE to SG before it even aired... it got circulated and it was widely accepted as if the story was even the same... but those who've kept an open mind... as i have, enjoyed it fully... EOE is a journey... an amazing journey...

and a "cheap ending" it was not... writer Na, agree or disagree... had originally thought the main character to die from the very beginning... according to fans, she wanted the character Dong Chul to not just convey/portray a person of burden, but of sacrifice... she intended that DC to walk that path until the end... and of course that is to our dismay, disagreement, dislike, and grief as fans who had wish for a happy ending... but she followed through with what she wanted for DC to go through...

Through many kdramas, I would walk away with lines or expressions that remind me of the drama, but this one I came away emptyhanded....except for Shin Tae Hwan is evil! Please don't waste 56 hours of people's time.

this drama... covered so many themes... such ironic twist of fate and acceptance... pain and anger to love and mercy...

"emptyhanded" this drama gave me not... it gave me the impression that love covers many things... love forgives, love shows mercy, love accepts, love endures, love sustains...

and love sacrifices...because...

"a brave person must accept both good men and bad men"

Guest goldfishinthesky

the ending was kind of off....but i really liked han ji hye and haejin and taeho's interaction, and the dynamic changes in han ji hye's character---its really unexpected as you have said---

The character of Guk ja's father, was a bit off too--- b/c of his humourous and seemingly kind exterior that i mistook him to be a kind father---but he turn out to be cold and ruthless for money--

Guest honeybear

Does anyone have the link to download the song "can you hear me"by lee seung chul? oh man, in love with this song..!! Its so addictive ..

I've just watched episode 41, where dong chul's mother got to know the truth .. and oh man, its so GOOD !!!! I've really got to say Lee Misook's acting in that part was awesome!!!! The shock to learn about that reality that dong wook is her enemy's son ... was just fantastic ...

No wonder she got the Female Top Excellence Award, well done!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest honeybear

just finished watching this show ..

finally understand why there are so many negative reviews about the ending !!! Cos its really bad, in my opinion too..

Dong Chul dying in the ending, is kinda ..... sad though..

Overall, the ending was rather abrupt ..

but nevertheless, this drama still rock !!!

just finished watching this show ..

finally understand why there are so many negative reviews about the ending !!! Cos its really bad, in my opinion too..

Dong Chul dying in the ending, is kinda ..... sad though..

Overall, the ending was rather abrupt ..

but nevertheless, this drama still rock !!!

dear honeybear congrats in finishing EOE... i hope it was an awesome journey for you as it was for me :rolleyes:

Guest taniyama_mai

to all Malaysian...

East of Eden is on TV2 starting today 4 November 2009

every monday to thursday 12.30 pm- 1.30 pm

enjoy.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

can see their faces again.. :) :) :) :)

Guest adikkeluangman

^Yep, I saw it just now while channel surfing. Not sure what episode for today but the mother and siblings of Dong Chul went to visit him in prison. This is Young Dong Chul... KiBumie...

And.... it in Korean language.

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.nate.com/view/20091201n14025

네티즌 뽑은 올해 최고 드라마는? ‘선덕여왕’

뉴스엔 원문 기사전송 2009-12-01 15:44

Best dramas of the Year were? 'Queen Seondeok'

- In 2009, for a variety of subjects and viewers of the TV broadcast from the streets was a lot of love, drama and character actor had received one year.

- Research from 20-30 Nov, survey conducted year's 'best drama 2009 ' was released. This reflected the diverse opinions of netizens of 3055 survey participants.

- 2009 famous MBC drama 'Queen Seondeok' was selected. Netizens 38% endorsed 'Queen Seondeok, the solid composition and acting as a compelling piece was evaluated. After 'Queen Seondeok' ranked second was 'Boys Over Flowers' to receive the support of 15%, 'Glorious heritage' 13%, 'Iris' 9%. In addition, 'naejo Queen', 'the temptation of his wife', 'East of Eden', 'Cain and Abel', 'solyakgukjip sons' were popular.

- Famous drama actors in 2009 이민호 chosen by netizens..... In addition, 'East of Eden' Song Seung Heon, 'Cain and Abel' sojiseop, 'glorious heritage' Lee Seung Gi, 'East of Eden' Yeon Jeong-hoon...

*TSH

*side note: EOE is dubbed a 2008 drama even though it crossed into 2009, for it to be highly praised and remembered (in the top 10) even until now by Korean netizens is noteworthy ^_^^_^

Guest Coolnuker

omg just finished watching this over 4 days ... question the ending .... the family and such was it all a dream from Dong Chul mind ???

Anyone have or know the song played during Dong Wook (Song Seung Heon) death scene ?!?!

Archived