Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

@QuercusL : oh thanks take your time

He really doesn't like to do like others... tuzki_029.gif
well in fact go to the "credits" and you will see that he actually tried to do like others but the others copied him at that moment thus making him different two times. In other words they followed Mama Jin Mo kekeke

2013102418275446039.jpg
2013102418365772974.jpg
CREDITS

Guest minnie0103

sarah.lina

said: @QuercusL : Thanks :*

But the message is quite long, wonder what they said!

大家好 我是주.아.모.的miya~ ^_^
那么热的天不知道大家过得好不好。
《奇皇后》也结束了,大概都像我一样只能靠偶尔上传的镇模nim的钓鱼照一解相思吧ㅠ_ㅠ
大家都知道镇模nim的生日是阴历8月11日,紧挨着中秋节^_^
因为生日是总~是~在拍摄场,什么时候办过生日party都已经想不起来了。
所以今年一定!要促成生日party,因此与经纪人联系了~!

经纪人综合了一下企划书和镇模nim的意见,告知了结果。
果然今年要与주.아.모.家族们一起开生日party还是太难了ㅠ_ㅠ
但是!没法开生日party的理由是——
fantagio正在计划粉丝见面会~!
经纪人回复说虽然在国内还是国外什么时候举办还没有确定,但是为了活动更好地举办正在有条有理地准备中了,比起生日party,请大家在稍等一段时间~

所以这次就想办一次简单的生日party!!

提议与十名粉丝共进晚餐ㅠ_ㅠ
真的是做梦的时候都在期待的与镇模nim的晚餐!!
虽然想要和所有同心的各位一起——
既然有粉丝见面会在等着了,各位无法一起参加的亲请在稍等一会吧ㅠ_ㅠ
生日party准确的日期还没有定,预计是在八月末~
一起参加的亲是到现在为止一直为了주.아.모.而参与了很多活动的要感谢的几位,我会另外个别联系的。

生日礼物会以주.아.모.的名义送上的,希望得到大家的建议
会在晚餐当日送给镇模nim并拍认证照的~ ^_^
如果有好的建议请在cafe留言~

@minnie0103~~~~ 
Thank you very much!!!  Wonderful translation!!!!!  YEAH!!!!   :)  You are 100 times better than me!!  THANK YOU!!!  :x   
I will just add one thing...
In the end of the message, it was mentioned that ten fans who have be participating (and organizing?) the fan activities will be invited to the private birthday party. Miya will contact them individually :)
PS: His birthday is Sep. 4 this year :)!  

Speaking about his interview after winning his award :

1. "After getting the award, my mother even cried."

JJM: My parents were more proud when I won the Best Actor, even prouder than the time I shot my first CF and brought home money. The tears my mom was holding back started to fall.

R: You didn't even know you were going to win?

JJM: Yeah I didn't know. If I did, I would have prepared a better acceptance speech. While I was accepting the award, the floor director behind the main camera kept waving his hand telling me there was no time. So I made something quick, slurred a few words and left the stage. Even when I watch it know, it's really akward.

JJM said that when he was a model, he came to the BaekSang awards to cheer on Lee Jung Jae when he was nominated. He sat in the audience and said "One day I will shine that stage". It took him 10 years to make that promise come true.

R: Did you take to the Frozen Flower people?

JJM: Director Yoo was the first to congradulate me. Song Ji Hyo sent me a text message. Jo In Sung called me when my phone was off and called again in the early morning. "Hyung, this is so good! But I feel sorry for the team that only you won."

R: You guys are a few of the top male actors, is there competition?

JJM: If I said there wasn't, I would be lying. Even while promoting the movie, there were sometimes when we were sensitive to each others comments. I asked him once "Did you say this about me?" Jo In Sung ask back "Did you say this about me?" There was tension but we didn't let it bother us. For several months we pretty much lived togehter, and because of a few twisted words (by the reports), we didn't want to break our trust with each other.

R: During your debut, they called you "Joo Min Soo" (Taken from charismatic actor Choi Min Soo). When you see false reports about you, how do you feel?

JJM: Before I would think alot about them, but now I try to see only the surface of it. I tried to think "oh that's another way people see me". I think I'm at an age to not be so serious about it.

R: When did you personality/temper become so "gravel like"? (Um...I don't know what the report was trying to get at.)

JJM: You are going to have to ask my 3rd personlity that. haha. Probably when I filmed "200lbs Beauty". During my debut, because of my temper being so short I got the nickname "Joo Min Soo". In this industry, if you don't have popularity you don't get too respected by your juniors. Before alot of my juniors called me "Jin Mo ssiii" and I would get upset. But now I matured. Thanks to those people, I became calmer.

R: Did Jang Dong Gun or Kim Seung Woo buy you drinks after winning?

JJM: The other day, I went to Kim Seung Woo's musical with Jang Dong Gun. Since it's been a while since all of us met, we drank till the early morning. For 10 years, Jang Dong Gun and me are like brothers, so he congratulated me alot. However, Jang Dong Gun was upset how "Goo Joon Pyo" (referring to Lee Min Ho's F4 character) falling on the red carpet was more of an issue than my win. hahha.

On the first of March, the Playboys baseball team played and won their first game of the season. JJM was the final pitcher for the game and maybe because the day before he drank alot, he didn't pitch to well. However "At bat, I was on fire. Of four chances at bat, I had three hits!"

R: Kim Ah-Joong, Park Shi Yeon, Lee Yo Won, Lee Bo Young. These actresses you've acted with, are you not friends with them?

JJM: I don't even know their cell phone numbers. If they ask for mine, I'd give it to them. But I'd never ask first. I'll get embarrassed if I get rejected.

This day JJM talked about his first CF (an energy drink). The quote "one more game?" was very famous back then. JJM was supposed to only be an extra but "I was only supposed to play basketball in the commercial, but the director saw me. The original star of the commercial made too many mistakes that the director gave me a chance. I think I have some luck."

JJM used to work at a theatre. He used to hand out pamphlets and open curtains.

R: Are you still hungry (not food wise, but you know....for more work/fame)?
JJM: Of course. You can't work too easy because you won't get a good outcome. In Frozen Flower, for one line, I had to practice hundreds of times. Director Yoo said to forget everything I learned in acting. For me, this movie helped me format myself.

2. "Fishing and baseball are my life's pleasures"

R: When was your life's most unstable time?

JJM: When I was about to turn 30. When I was in my 20s, I like it when people called me a good looking actor. However, now I don't like it. There are many of my juniors who are really good looking and rising. I wanted to get out of that image. After filming "Wanee and Junha" I even thought of retiring. There were many failed projects, and I ended up having a slump for 2 years.

R: Do you have any films where you've played a funny gangster?

JJM: I have gotten alot of requests to play that character but I have no confidence. I know myself pretty well, and I don't have alot of wit and I don't have interesting things to say. After rejecting some film scripts for that character, I stopped getting them.

R: Did you save a lot of money?

JJM: What's interesting is that I made alot of money, but I don't have alot in my account. hahah. Two years ago I invested in a Chinese Fund but lost it all. It's probably at minus 70% now. In May I have to pay my taxes, but I don't know if I can. Right now I'm renting a place. My dream is to have a quiet place with a garden.

R: Do you think filming CFs embarassing?

JJM: Alot of foregin stars think is embarassing...but I've done commercials for tires and drinks. I want to do banks and CFs for buildings.

R: What do you think are your positive and negative qualities?

JJM: Because I'm simple, I'm straight forward. Also, I cannot stand rude people. I can't stand movie investors who treat actresses badly. Even though the actresses are young, movie investors shouldn't treat them like that. Once, there was one guy (he said rascal) that got me so mad I splashed water in his face. And because of that I didn't get casted. I lost alot of good opportunities, but if I were to do that again I would. My blood type is O and we don't have grudges.

R: What are your life's delights?

JJM: Fishing and baseball. For these things, I am not picky with my money. If I see a good fishing rod, even if I have to give solid gold I have to buy it. For baseball, I like nice equipment. I once ordered a glove that perfectly fit my hand, it was so rare that even pro-baseball players were awed. If I feel good, I could throw up to 120km/h. While filming Frozen Flower, I am a little slower. But once I pitched no hits and no runs, I was that good!

R: Why do you play baseball?

JJM: It's more interesting than staying at home. When you are on the offensive or defensive side, you learn about responsibility. When you play a game you get excited. But for most, you loosen the tension in your shoulder. When people play with us (the Playboys - actors), people think we're different. But after a game, we clean the field. We pick up cigarette buds near the dug out.."

LOL at "Jo Min Soo" nickname... i LOVE Choi Min Soo but some of his fellow actors/actresses are afraid of him... he doesn't like when they don't do well in acting, he's not afraid of yelling at them (So Yi Hyun even said that she's still traumatized about him :)) )

Cheongdamdong_Alice-So_E-Hyun.jpg

@lorac : read the second highlighted part, it was what you were asking for.

Btw i just love how he's so honest in his interviews, i've read a blog post on Daum, it had more than 32 000 likes... the blogger said that with all the A-list stars that has guest on Guru Show... Joo Jin Mo was really the most honest one, she/he said that no wonder the ratings went up.

@Sarah.lina~~~

Thank you very much for the interview! Yes, he is so honoest and sincere in the interview (especially, we knew that he was too nervous to sleep the day before the interview)!

The interview was done in few years ago. Like he said, he matured over time. I guess he is still the straightforward and simple guy like before. However, he seems to be much more mature now.  I love the story in the NHK interview that he cooked for the crew and cast of Empress Ki in China.  He said that he discovered that the scripts were changed and his parts were taken off after he arrived in China! 
If I were him, I would not cook for the EK team. Instead, I would have been angry and trying to stay away!!  He totally gained my respect for doing that.

@QuercusL : An A-list actor like him... that noticed early in the drama (when the drama wasn't even broadcast) that all his scenes was cut and still proceed the hell out of 50 episodes... i can just say... that this man deserves all the respects !!!!!

Yes, he matured a lot, he's a lot more calm now and don't talk as freely as before in the NHK interview he didn't want to give the details, he only let the "funny side" of his mishap. Eitherway, like @starjjmoon said, today it's Joo Jin Mo B-Day... so...

tuzki_034.gif HAPPY B-DAY JOO JIN MO ! tuzki_034.gif

Dear Jin Mo Oppa....  Saeng il chukhamnida...
Happy Birthday..
Wish You All The Best.

ms20090208230009576810xn7_zpsf97b956c.jp

...(¯`v´¯)        
.... ·.¸.·´         
...¸.·´             
..(                 
☻/•◦°˚˚°˚˚°◦•   
/▌                 
/ \                  

──(♥)██████(♥)(♥)██████(♥)
─(♥)████████(♥)████████(♥)
─(♥)██████████████████(♥)
... ──(♥) ██████ WE ██████ (♥)
--───(♥)████████████(♥)
──────(♥)████████(♥)
────────(♥)████(♥)
─────────(♥)██(♥)
───────────(♥)_
──(♥) █████ LOVE ██████ (♥)
--───(♥)████████████(♥)
──────(♥)████████(♥)
────────(♥)████(♥)
─────────(♥)██(♥)
───────────(♥)_
──(♥) ███ JOO JIN MO ███ (♥)
--───(♥)████████████(♥)
──────(♥)████████(♥)
────────(♥)████(♥)
─────────(♥)██(♥)
───────────(♥)_
──(♥) ████ FOREVER████ (♥)
--───(♥)████████████(♥)
──────(♥)████████(♥)
────────(♥)████(♥)
─────────(♥)██(♥)
───────────(♥)_            

╔═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╗
  ░ ♥░♥░JOO░░░JIN░░░MO░░░░♥░♥░
╚═════════ ೋღ❤ღೋ ═════════╝
❤♫❤♫❤.•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥ ¸.•*¨`*•.♫❤♫❤♫❤

Guest minnie0103

Just dropping by to send my birthday greetings~ :)
Happy happy birthday, Jin Mo oppa! :-* I wish to see you again soon in a drama, movie, or even just in public events. Really glad to get to know an actor like you. One reason why I'm grateful to Empress Ki is because it led me (and perhaps most of us here) to one amazing actor that I could root for. :) I wish you all the best and may you find the "right one" sooner because those genes must be passed on to the next generation. :D be488613ee3ee795f6039e6.jpg
(I seldom see him smile, but when he does, it's worth a million bucks. ;) )

Guest anjshin

Happy Birthday Jin Mo oppa. :x <:-P <:-P40th and counting, please be healthy and happy. :)
but ommmmmo I will not slip this, my dear @sarah.lina that first picture you posted of uri Jin Mo, he got the same aura with Cristiano Ronaldo :D ..... indeed a GORGEOUS oppa, no wonder I'm head over heels with them. Lets push your suggestion, I would like to see him too quickly in that look in a drama. :)  :P :-*