Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Song Hye Kyo to Star in I am Queen

Actress Song Hye Kyo will once again conquer the greater China region. For her new work, she has decided to star in the new production of I am Queen. This will mark her third Chinese film after The Grandmaster (Director Wong Kar Wai) and The Crossing (Director John Woo).

A representative from Song Hye Kyo’s agency, UAA (United Artist Agency), stated, “Song Hye Kyo is confirmed to star in the new work, I am Queen. After completing filming for My Palpitating Life, she immediately went to China to begin filming.”

Song Hye Kyo will play the heroine, ‘Annie.’ Annie is an actress with both beauty and talent. After breaking up with her lover of 8 years, she gets an opportunity to embark in a turning point of her life.

According to the representative, “The Grandmaster and The Crossing were historical period pieces. Because of that, she took the role of a graceful Chinese woman.” The representative also hinted, “Unlike previous works, this movie is a modern drama. It is a drama of a heroine who finds herself after experiencing hurt.”

I am Queen has enlisted the best staff members of China. It is already being regarded as one of the most anticipated films for later this year. In particular, the cinematographer is the critically acclaimed, Lee Ping Bin.

Lee Ping Bin is characterized by his fine [delicate] filming. His masterpieces include Tempting Heart, In the Mood for Love, Secret, Air Doll, and Renoir. He won the Grand Technical Prize for In the Mood for Love at the 53rd Annual Cannes Film Festival.

It is said that Song Hye Kyo is drawn to working with the best of the best in camera crew. The representative from her agency conveyed, “Lee Ping Bin is controlling the camera. He is a cinematographer whom all actresses dream of working with. It is an honor to work with him. We are already looking forward to his screen work.”

Song Hye Kyo is currently going back and forth between Korea and China. She chose to alternate between projects with The Grandmaster, That Winter, the Wind Blows, The Crossing, My Palpitating Life, and I am Queen. After she completes her current film, she is expected to return to a Korean project.

Source: Dispatch
Translated By: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Guest rjuliet

aahh so thats the reason why kyo agrees to film iaq , coz the cinematographer is well known for artistic and delicate filming and even got an award at cannes...good choice for kyo...just dont forget to rest and be healthy always...

^Thanks to Shanda for the trans..now i get more clue for the reason :D  . btw, who is her co star, i remember hclover had posted something about this, but at that time, i didn't pay much attention on whom was whom...hehe

rtsr.jpg
@ baidu

Guest sunflower91

Still no clue as to her leading man in this new Chinese movie, i guess we'll just patiently wait for any update on this.  Excited also for this movie as what they said about her role and the people involved in the project and it is touted also as one of the most highly anticipated film this year , Hope she would really stand out with the role she is portraying in this film and most likely her beauty will shine the most as this is being handled by critically acclaimed cinematographer.

class="at_ttl" style="font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Song Hye Kyo to Film Another Movie In China, ‘I Am The Queen’

Kdramastars.com

Actress Song Hye Kyo is to film yet another movie in China, "I Am The Queen," and meet with the fans in China. According to the movie production companies in China, actress Song Hye Kyo was recently casted for the film "I Am The Queen," and has had a secret meeting with the director and production team in Shanghai, China. "I Am The Queen" is one of the highly expected films to premiere this year in China. Song Hye Kyo's agency U. A. A. said in the interview, "Song Hye Kyo confirmed to star in the movie 'I Am The Queen.' Song Hye Kyo started filming the movie in China right after she finished filming the movie 'My Palpitating Life.'" Kang Dong Won plays a naïve, loving dad, Dae Soo, in "My Palpitating Life." Song Hye Kyo is to play Mi Ra, who became a mother at an early age of seventeen but takes good care of her son in "My Palpitating Life." "My Palpitating Life" is based on a novel of the same name, written by Kim Ae Ran, which sold 1.4 million copies in the first three months of its publication.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/23434/20140529/song-hye-kyo-to-film-another-movie-in-china-i-am-the-queen.htm

I also want shkyo to make a korean movie or drama instead of intl.movie.she still have grandmaster and the crossing which will be release before the year ends.unnie ,please make a movie,drama with hyun bin,song sung heon and lee min ho.we missed you.God Bless I think the story of Descendants of the Sun fits you and hyun bin.thank you.take care.

Glad it's confirmed that she's starring as the lead role.Joe cheng must be very very happy that he is pairing up her,his wish came true^^

May God give her good health & bless her in all the work of her hands.

Still hoping for a 2nd chance that she can cast with Chang Chen in another movie, he is such a brilliant actor, I'm sure they will have great on-screen chemistry too.

Wow a new project after another! 
A change Song Hye Kyo?  Before she used to do one or two project/s in a year and will take a long leave before deciding to a new project.  Why the sudden change?  I wonder why?
Thank you guys for all the current events and always there providing the goodies.  She indeed like wines, I wonder what brand and taste?  
Looking forward to promotional events of the movie "My Brilliant Life."   

Guest sunflower91

So beautiful when she smiles!  
fc039245d688d43f91721c097f1ed21b0ff43b75
:x Always thankful to shanda of Songhyegyo.net for the wonderful updates and translations! I've learned some interesting infos about I am Queen and somehow I understand why Kyo accepted this movie and excited also for this translated last sentence from Dispatch  After she completes her current film, she is expected to return to a Korean project.    Whoa there's no stopping her , could it be another k movie or k drama? whatever it may be we'll always support her !

Hope I can post these here; IATQ:SHK, Joe Chen & Annie Yi 20140505225701dac.jpg

SHK's co-stars:1st Shawn Dou(25yrs old, youngest among all kyo's former co-stars) & 2nd Joe Cheng.Frankly, I prefer her to pair up with Tony Yang (3rd man) who also cast in The Crossing...but nevermind Shawn is a good actor. 20140505225703810.jpg

source:baidu

Guest ohsooyoung

Whoa Kyo is expected to return to a Korean project after I am Queen. Crossing my fingers she'll come back to K drama land [-O< romcom again please! !! We miss you a lot in cute and cheerful character just like Han Ji Eun in the epic FH. Even Kyo mentioned in her interview she wants to do lighter one on her next project. Please MBC, KBS or SBS make it possible for Kyo and her fans [-O<

For her latest Chinese I am Queen movie, To me, I find the synopsis sounds interesting and besides she is paired with JC who is one of her admirers. Lucky JC, a dream come true to you. Kyonatics don't get disappointed if she likes to work in China cuz she is working so hard and is trying her best to make her fans happy and be proud of. I am really amazed by her dedication to her work. Speaking Chinese language is one of the most difficult to learn about. I salute you, Hye Kyo sshi. Take care of yourself always♥♥♥

Wow "I am queen" will be kyo 3rd chinese movie ... her mandarin must have been fluent by now. Totally impressed because it's not easy acting in a new language. So happy to see Kyo keeping busy with all these movie projects. We as fans have so much to look forward too.. including her korean movie "My Palpitating Life". So proud to be her fan and wishing her all the happiness in the world...

wow wow wow.....so it's confirmed then??? hye kyo unnie to starred in IAQ as lead role??? so so much happy for you unnie =D> & so excited at the same time, coz after this movie you'll be back at Korea at long last then...can't wait for your next kdrama project & just like your other fans here hope its a romcom again like the hilarious hje of FH...sorry unnie if i sound in a  hurry, but i really am, hehehe :)>- anyhow, hope you're having good time with loved ones during your spare time & don't you ever dare forget to take care of yourself, because we your beautiful million fans will come there quickly just to take care of you, so don't you ever dare....coz if that will happen, can't imagine what trouble kyonatics can made , just to make it there for you......:) hehehe love you so much hye kyo unnie :-* :D
and before i forgot, tomorrow is JUNE, start of classes here in (PH) and also my month..and just want to say, discovering soompi 1 year ago & be part of this lovely thread & meeting you guys (kyonatics) here is one of the most precious present i'll ever received this year....even if sometimes/always i looked fool to my family & friends bcoz of telling them lots of stuff about kyo unnie & learning korean which was i proritize more than my studies, was really a foolish thing to do, but its okay, as long as i'm happy & i knew kyo unnie more, i don't care...i'm just really proud being a member of this what we called "KYONATICS"...kekeke sorry chingus, for the off/topic  :)>- i was just in the mood to write :D #:-S really sorry

Guest MikanNoKimi

Wow, our girl is quite busy! Glad that she has another project lined up already, else she'd probably play ninja and go into hiding for a long time to come!

Guest ohsooyoung

Hey what's up Kyonatics? :-h it's a bit quiet here ;;) What are you guys up to? I'm not used to it when Kyo's thread is in silent mode. Just so pumped for the exciting news coming. Nah.....Can't wait :D 8-> Btw, Kyo is nominated for Best supporting actress in TGM at Huading Awards which the ceremony is happening right now in Los Angeles, CA. Hope she is there live and wins it [-O< I know Kyo is super ninja, hope she surprise us again and make us day. [-O< 8->

"I Am Queen" will hold a press conference in June at the Shanghai International Film Festival.  Full team line-up will appear and news release.

The Shanghai International Film Festival for this year is from 6/14 to 6/22.  Since the article said the full team will appear, it means we will get to see Kyo again soon \:D/

http://ent.qq.com/a/20140530/020996.htm

can someone translate ?? the article mentioned SHK donates tickets

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA11&newsid=01430086606117784&DCD=A10302

http://news.sportsseouli.com/read/entertain/1375129.htm