Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Wow, there are more and more new members posting in SHK soompi family  :* Hi @mieyan and @karolinarh93, thanks for your share :x :x :x, Warm welcome to you and please come to us frequently :)

@jasan, thanks for the news :)) uncle
Lee Soon Jae looks handsome when he was young :)) Hope certain PD will help him.

Ria, thanks for awsome article
\:D/
Thanks chloebelle for the videos :)

Today, I want to share with you some fun facts. something I found when watching Making film DVD :D
Firstly, at the first script reading of TWTWB:

Hi hi, the way OY's real oppa, the lawyer Yang and the Fiance Lee Muyng Ho look at her embarrassed4-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862503

4Mrp_6dhA-5L_pHNCGicib5SKbRSTWaDEK71GIZkCSY=s0

Why so beautiful, such this moment embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862502
YfgDmiHHfMDsUMmAp93gJvOKi_TcGh7xWQ4El88JDJA=s0

One thing I don't understand that why after she introduces herself, Mr  Kim Tae Woo (Jo Moo Chul) stand up immidiately ( is also to greet the crew) and make everybody laugh =))
8JRwe_t0Qd7db59-uUAkJek3gm1KPfX0LQuAnoLrsjE=s0

hi chinggus, I think we can compete with Webster Dictionary for coining very creative and funny new words about our fav girl. (if you can add more that would be great)

1. Kyotiful - means extremely beautiful (to the highest level); derived from the word Kyoeauty

2.Kyot - means adoringly cute or small

3. Gyorgeous - means very strong appeal like gorgeous

4.DeliciKyous - means very delicious, yummy

5.Kyonatics -means crazy over Kyo fans

welcome to the new chinggus here in this forum :-h

jasan, thank u for liking the fan names. I want u know I always look forward to your  posts. very insightful.:D

chloebelle, I didn't know you like Daniel Honey so much.  :D does your HB (Hus Band) know about Daniel? ...hihihi be faithful ok?

Secondly, SHK and Kim Bum, JIS, Jung Eun Ji:
At the first Press conference on the Jan_31st:

JIS say something to her and she replies ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862489
qDPG6NWDm0SX9bMQd5HxGk6Wa8hdXTRuPtQSPRdOF6Q=s0
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kim Bum:

Looks at her when she stands up ;)
JpjK-dJCpFXpoRBLPfC3yJcLBfsfL-No2gsSFh9kTWE=s0

You must still remember I point out JIS make them laugh when he shouted to cheers Kim Bum. Then, Hye Kyo can't stop laughing and KB looks at her embarrassed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862502

2_XwbUo7AyAWVWNq1lf91T7NJvumczM9zycuNAg7HuE=s0
---------------------------------------------

With Jung Eun Ji (JEJ) : At farewell party:

A staff is chosen to receive a gift, everybody together say" Song Hye Kyo", it seems like they say "po po" ( a kiss on cheek =)) ). Hye Kyo stands up, this makes them laugh and JEJ say "WOW" like " she's so cool" ;)
cWR1XoTdiZ46C703_-ukyDH6cQKgyme6Q3pwzBhfJSg=s0

h_79PnUbmWzk8NweDqJjiDoqwW2sJRm5VcXO_UOxPQw=s0

When Hye Kyo has touched, has said:
7hpqWnN85QueIVRNOi9fCk3oWYgXW_J-Ipo96n7_rf8=s0

She hold her hand when Hye Kyo sat downembarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862502
jdDLfXqDl5IZowZdq6amoaHApZGOQt3MdTILstMF3Cw=s0

Guest chloebelle

mieyan said:

Hi to all SHK lovers!

I'm new here. I don't know why but I just can't take my eyes off from Hye Kyo. Thank you so much for your wonderful posts and updates and I really enjoy them all.

FYI to anyone who is still searching for Harper's Bazaar China edition, now you can order from Amazon China. They ship worldwidely...pretty much.

amazon.cn - Harper's Bazaar China October issue item page

amazon.cn - overseas customer guide

Guest chloebelle

deaborj said:

hi chinggus, I think we can compete with Webster Dictionary for coining very creative and funny new words about our fav girl. (if you can add more that would be great)

1. Kyotiful - means extremely beautiful (to the highest level); derived from the word Kyoeauty

2.Kyot - means adoringly cute or small

3. Gyorgeous - means very strong appeal like gorgeous

4.DeliciKyous - means very delicious, yummy

5.Kyonatics -means crazy over Kyo fans

welcome to the new chinggus here in this forum :-h

jasan, thank u for liking the fan names. I want u know I always look forward to your  posts. very insightful.:D

chloebelle, I didn't know you like Daniel Honey so much.  :D does your HB (Hus Band) know about Daniel? ...hihihi be faithful ok?

Thanks @Freshspring  :x
I may be able to do part of the translations soon
Just skim through the content and i would translate certain parts that i can make out
"I see Director Woo as a dad and Director Wong as an uncle. Uncle for me is a relative who i can regard as a friend , somebody who i can talk to .Director Woo's expectations is higher that's why he is more like a father figure."
"If i let a project passed by and it landed on other actress and somehow the drama/movie was successful, i would not regret. It just meant that the drama/movie was meant for her, because of her it's successful and it's her win.It's not that i lost, rather it's just because i was not fated to be a part of the drama/movie.I believe this also applies for friendships, of course it's unbearable to lose him but i wouldn't think about the past.I would just tell myself that our fate has ended and it's only natural for him to leave ."
" Whenever i received a script, no matter whether it's a Korean project/ overseas project, i would see whether i like it, whether my acting will be believable for the viewers, whether i can make my fans proud. Every time i would have this exact attitude towards my work and it carries me through till now."

^ thanks dearie, kyo talks like a monk kikiki, joking. Thanks for your efforts dear, can't wait for more. thanks in advance.

jasan, it was not the 1st time Lee Soon Jae talks for wanting to act with Kyo. Maybe as father and daughter relationship?  He did have a role in My girl and I , did he? I guess he want more scenes with Kyo then keke

freshspring, thanks for all lovely gifs dear :x

chloebelle: ur welcome dear :x thanks for the MV :D

freshspring : i love you :x thanks a lot for all the wonderful updates...u rock \m/

khxy: thanks a lott for the translation and ur hardwork..you are a gem :x

mieyan: welcome to SHG's thread :)

deaborj:i too love all the names u posted...my fav is kyonatics..hehe reminds me of WWE..duno why :))

jasan: thanks for the translation :)

khxy said: "If i let a project passed by and it landed on other actress and somehow the drama/movie was successful, i would not regret. It just meant that the drama/movie was meant for her, because of her it's successful and it's her win.It's not that i lost, rather it's just because i was not fated to be a part of the drama/movie ."

Part 1-
It's a rainy season in Korea, the Chinese and Korea's team were rushing to set up the lighting equipments in the studio,everybody was discussing what she likes and doesn't like. The Korea team warmly called her "Hye Kyo" and sometimes as "Miss"
She was chosen as the most beautiful Asian in 2011-2013,she's one of the few Korean stars that the world recognised. She is the whole Korean and  Asian's lover. As the photo shoots ended, she erased all her make up (wearing a white tee) ,smiled and sat opposite me for the interview. It seemed that the time just froze there and then,i realized that Heaven would not blessed somebody without a reason.Besides beauty, Song Hye Kyo's luck lies at her dilligence.
There were many polls conducted in Korea and often you would find her name at the top of the list. From 2011-2013, she was chosen as the most beautiful Asian actress and the actress that man wanted to have a date with etc.
Wong Kar Wai said " I saw an angel in her eyes, Song Hye Kyo is a mystery." A Korea's designer said " Song Hye Kyo possesses strength and attitude that are lacking in the society nowadays.She  has the beauty that the east and west appreciates."
Now it's the hottest summer in Beijing, Song Hye Kyo came to Beijing to film "The Crossing" by Director John Woo. " I'm sorry i am not able to say much about this production. Most of my scenes are with Huang Xiao Ming and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Huang Xiao Ming plays a soldier and i am a lucky woman." If we went through her acting histories, she was blessed to act opposite many popular handsome stars.Such as Hyun Bin, Rain, Song Seung Hun, Lee Byung Hun, Bae Yong Jun, Won Bin,Kang Dong Won,Jo In Sung...This luck also extends overseas,with Tony Leung and Zhang Zhen in "The Grandmaster", Huang Xiao Ming and Takeshi Kaneshiro in "The Crossing"." Both of them are very passionate towards their work, i admire them,they are very professional. Character wise, Takeshi is a quiet man and Huang Xiao Ming seems like a playful guy."
Director Woo is the reason why Hye Kyo chose to be a part of this movie." Director Woo is like a child,he is very playful.I know he watched my movie"Hwang Jin Yi" before. Because i am shy,i never got to ask him why he chose me to take part in this movie."
"The Crossing" is like a mystery, Director Woo would just shrugged and said it would be revealed later.But Director Wong had already answered the question " Why Song Hye Kyo and not other Asian actress?"
Wong Kar Wai said " Ip Man's wife came from a wealthy background, she was the epitome of elegance. I met Hye Kyo in New York for the very first time, eventhough it's a big city, but her aura reminded me of a Chinese lady." Tony Leung also said " On the tv, she always acted as a happy go lucky girl.But while filming, she gave off a different aura altogether, more mature, and exudes the elegance and beauty of a woman during the olden era."
As a Director that places an importance in visual , he praised Hye Kyo as the most beautiful Asian actress and she certainly has the potential to do even better. "The camera and audience all love her face." In Wong Kar Wai's eyes,Song Hye Kyo is a tough woman.It's all a different ball game, filming" The Grandmaster" in a foreign country,different filming style,language barrier.All of these were certainly difficult for her, but she did it well."
In "The Grandmaster" eventhough she has limited screen time, but she used 4 years to finish filming.Refusing to rest and sit down during break time so that it would't spoil the visual." Cheongsam is an exception, it doesn't allow you to have even a little fats.You can't cover it. I am a bit stubborn, i like to reach my target in whatever i do. I can't say i am a perfectionist but just that i work harder and try to reach perfection. Since i decided to be in this movie,i have to finish it."

Guest Jhay Neh Vieh

khxy said: Thanks @Freshspring  :x
I may be able to do part of the translations soon
Just skim through the content and i would translate certain parts that i can make out
"I see Director Woo as a dad and Director Wong as an uncle. Uncle for me is a relative who i can regard as a friend , somebody who i can talk to .Director Woo's expectations is higher that's why he is more like a father figure."
"If i let a project passed by and it landed on other actress and somehow the drama/movie was successful, i would not regret. It just meant that the drama/movie was meant for her, because of her it's successful and it's her win.It's not that i lost, rather it's just because i was not fated to be a part of the drama/movie.I believe this also applies for friendships, of course it's unbearable to lose him but i wouldn't think about the past.I would just tell myself that our fate has ended and it's only natural for him to leave ."
" Whenever i received a script, no matter whether it's a Korean project/ overseas project, i would see whether i like it, whether my acting will be believable for the viewers, whether i can make my fans proud. Every time i would have this exact attitude towards my work and it carries me through till now."

Part 2-
Taking part in 2 big productions consecutively, working in a totally different environment,Song Hye Kyo answers were rather surprising, there's no pressure during filming. "I have acted for a long time in Korea, acted in many dramas/movies. But i consider myself a newbie here in China.No pressure, because in new environment i must memorise my lines, learn to play piano and waltz,there are so many things that i must learn so there are certainly no time for me to worry what others think about me."
She's loved by both directors."I see Director Woo as a dad and Director Wong as an uncle. Uncle for me is a relative who i can regard as a friend , somebody who i can talk to .Director Woo's expectations is higher that's why he is more like a father figure." Working with them, actors must be nervous and certainly must do well.They have similarities,they are both very detailed. But Director Wong would asked me to act in a few different manners  for a one scene.Director Woo has a complete script ,i would  think about how i would act in certain scenes and it is more calming for me to a certain extent.Director Wong's filming is impromptu."
Many actors couldn't stand Wong Khar Wai's acting style and prolonged filming, Song Hye Kyo just took it as a " life learning experience". "Working with Director Wong, i changed quite  a bit, if i met with an unplanned/sudden incident during filming,i would not fret.This is a part of life lesson."
She smoothly stand on the world's stage,Song Hye Kyo has always been a popular public figure in Korea. Polls garnered around those aged 13-64 from Seoul,Daegu,Gwangju and Busan named her as the most popular actress in 2013. Song Hye Kyo was surprisingly indifferent towards this.She calmly explained " Being in the most beautiful list for 3 years and chosen as 2013 nation's first lover was  due to my drama "That Winter"." " That Winter" garnered the highest rating for 7 consecutive weeks and became a benchmark for this year dramas. The popularity was comparable to "The Autumn Love" and " Full House".
From her debut till now, she has at many instances watched her past dramas and scrutinized her lack of acting skills in the past. "It's been 10 years, sometimes i would watch my dramas from 10 years ago and find faults in my acting.I am truly thankful for viewer's tolerance towards me."
Acting opposite Jo In Sung in "That Winter", she has once again showed her perfect acting skills.She acted as a blind,lonely but strong heiress.She used her facial expressions and gestures to convey her emotions,for many actors this can be seen as a huge challenge in their acting career.
" Acting, reading scripts and resting,i lived my 20s in such a way.And so does my 30s.People around me advised me to have some hobby,to allow myself to have more time to relax and rest.But i still love myself best when i am working,every moment when i am working,i would  feel that i am living my life to the fullest.If i wasn't an actress,maybe i would live a different kind of life, but i am contented.What i am doing now, is the only thing i can do and i want to do better--i am so fortunate,and it's called acting.i can't do two things at once,actually this is my style.I am not born smart,am not crafty and i am not greedy that's why i must continue to work hard."

A million thanks to @khxy and @freshspring :).  Reading through the interview really makes me realize what a humble, sensible and mature woman she is.  Certainly a role model that we Kyonatics (thanks @deaborj for this term, really like it) are proud of.

@PutriN, I also thought of WB when I think of Takeshi Kaneshiro.  They are both so mysterious and private.  TK is known as "Asia's handsome man" while WB is like a god in Korea :P.  Maybe that's why I'm happy to hear that she will have scenes with TK and possibly be paired up in the end with him.  Since SHK and WB didn't have a chance to collaborate again, I'll take the next best thing, someone who's similar to WB :D