Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest RoseS

hello, sunflower91_,   where are everybody hidding?:ph34r:

Notice, before TEMPORARY FORUM, it take about one week in US, back to old FORUM but not seeing it! 

Guest RoseS

Actress Song Hye-kyo Releases App for Korean Museums Overseas

2012/10/10 |photo259546.jpg

Seo Kyoung-duk (left) and Song Hye-kyo

Actress Song Hye-kyo has funded the creation of an application for smartphone users to provide information on museums associated with Korea overseas. It was launched to mark Hangeul (Korean alphabet) Day on Tuesday. 

The free app is part of a project to promote Korea abroad spearheaded by Seo Kyoung-duk, a public relations expert and professor at Sungshin Women's University in Seoul. 

Previously, similar guides were available in a paper format only. Seven museums in China will benefit form the new service, including one in Shanghai dedicated to the provisional government of Korea during Japan's colonial rule. 

Users will find the app indispensable as they can easily check information about the museums such as opening times, entry fees and special exhibits in advance, Seo said. 

Song, whose popularity continues to grow across Asia, is well aware of the importance of providing the Korean-language guides and continues to sponsor the project, her management agency said.

Source : english.chosun.com/si...

Song Hye-kyo Helps Promote Korean Culture in U.S.

2012/11/14 | photo264110.jpg

Actress Song Hye-kyo has funded the installation of a video box at a gallery featuring Korean artworks alongside a related exhibit in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

In January, Song also joined hands with Seo Kyoung-duk, a public relations expert and professor at Sungshin Women's University to offer museum guides written in Korean to the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

With her growing popularity across Asia in the wake of the Korean Wave, Song has been active in raising awareness of Korean culture, leading to her decision to sponsor the latest project, Song's agency said.

"A gallery dedicated to Korean culture will reopen on Thursday in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. We have installed the video box to provide visitors with detailed information on the making of the pottery displayed there", Prof. Seo said.

The museum draws over one million visitors a year and is home to the largest collection of Asian art in the U.S. 

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

'Infinite Challenge' stars and Prof. Seo Kyung-duk promote bibimbap

2012/11/07 

photo263239.jpg

Prof. Seo Kyung-duk has done it again. In a bid to promote Korean culture in the United States, Seo and the cast of the hit variety show "Infinite Challenge" have joined forces to produce a 60-second video on the traditional dish bibimbap.

The video will play on the TSQ at Times Square in New York two times per hour, amounting to 1,500 times in a month.

The film clip is an extended version of the 30-second video produced by Seo, a visiting professor at Sungshin Women's University, about two years ago.

"I've been promoting bibimbap in New York for the last few years, and this year was no exception", said Seo.

"This year's video will be posted on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter so that people from all around the world will be able to view it", said Seo on his ambition to spread Korean culture.

Previously, Seo has collaborated with singer Kim Jang-hoon and actress Song Hye-kyo to raise awareness on different issues to do with his homeland.

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo...

Presenting past, present of 'Korean wave'

2012/03/26 

photo229536.jpg

A visitor looks at the "byeongpung", or traditional folding screen that shows Korean-style roofs on its digital screen at a Hallyu promotion booth set up inside the COEX center in Samseong-dong, Seoul, where the Seoul Nuclear Security Summit is being held for two days. (Korea Times photo by Shim Hyun-chul)

The 2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit is not just a summit for discussing nuclear security issues; it is also a great opportunity for Korea to promote its culture.

Seoul put all-out efforts into promoting the city and the nation as a whole at COEX, the venue of the summit, by setting up promotional booths in and outside of the International Media Center (IMC).

The Presidential Council on Nation Building had a booth outside the IMC where it set up traditional folding screens called "byeongpung" installed with digital screens inside them. Intended to show viewers the origins of "hallyu" (Korean wave), the digital screen was decorated with a traditional look. The digital screen, which oddly mixed with the traditional background, showed videos of such hallyu stars as Song Hye-kyoLee Byung-hun and Bae Yong-jun and clips of Korean TV dramas.

The motif of the exhibition, which was to convey the past and the present of Korean culture, could easily be understood.

At a booth promoting Korean culture and tourism, a few feet away, visitors could watch 20 of Korea's relics on a video screen set up by the National Museum of Korea. Viewers could experience the cultural properties in 3D as if they were inside a museum.

Next to the relic booth was a "hanbok" station where visitors could try on the traditional Korean clothes. Foreign journalists, curious about the costumes, took photos wearing them.

photo229535.jpg

Plenty of brochures about Korean culture and tourist sites were displayed at the booth.

Inside the IMC, a special booth was set up to promote the city in particular.

Set up by the Seoul Metropolitan Government, the "Seoul" booth displayed digital images of the past, present and future of Seoul. Each section provided video clips of Seoul City, its transportation system, its tap water called "Arisu" and many more. The best places to visit in Seoul such as Bukchon Hanok Village and some of Korea's traditional dishes such as sinseollo were also introduced.

Next to it was a booth dedicated just to Gangnam, a southern district in Seoul.

"Since COEX is located in Gangnam, we thought it was a great opportunity to promote the district. We especially focused on the district's advanced medical service. It is the first district in Seoul to have adopted the U-Health Park Management System which digitalizes residents' health conditions and allows them to check their health status regularly at a kiosk set up all over the area", said No Young-hee who was representing the booth.

What seemed to attract the foreign visitors the most was the calligraphy stand.

Korea Post set up a booth at the entrance of the IMC offering to write foreign visitors' names in Korean calligraphy. A group of journalists from Spain were waiting in a line, Monday, to get their names printed in Korean writing on traditional Korean paper, "Hanji".

"I really like the calligraphy booth. I took a look around all the booths and took pictures of interesting ones, but this one's really good. We're looking for interesting things to send back to our country", said Nuria Vega Aguado, a Spanish journalist from Point Radio station.

By Yun Suh-young

Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr/...

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

THREE BEARS song

https://myspace.com/141771792/video 

Full House
Korean-drama-full-house-poster-1.jpg
Promotional poster for Full House
GenreRomance
Comedy
Drama
Based onFull House 
by Won Soo-yeon
Written byMin Hyo-jung
Directed byPyo Min-soo
StarringSong Hye-kyo
Rain
Han Eun-jung
Kim Sung-soo
Composer(s)Lee Kyung-sup
Country of originSouth Korea
Originallanguage(s)Korean
No. of episodes16
Production
Location(s)IncheonShanghaiThailand
Camera setupMulti-camera
Running timeWednesdays and Thursdays at 21:50 (KST)
Release
Original channelKorean Broadcasting System
Picture format1080i HDTV
Original release14 July 2004 – 4 September 2004
Chronology
Preceded byApril Kiss
Followed bySecond Proposal
Related showsFull House Take 2

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

@aeon12, [ Hi chigus...seeing Kyo's cute puppy pic on her IG makes me miss my dog he died yesterday... :( can i have that puppy of yours Kyo? sorry i can't access to my old name that's why i use this one coz i posted before using this name 2-3 times but i did not continue coz i can log in to the old one the sfc12 but now i can't log in to it so i use this one now...it seems like everyone is having a hide and seek now..where's everyone? imiss the old forum...and still waiting for Kyo's kdrama again the Dots.... thanks for the updates kyonatics...;)]

Sorry for your bad news! What happened ...? Are you sfc12?