Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest song4kim

...and didn't she win the daesang award in APAN where she attended?howcome the writer didn't mention that?it just so happened that the award ceremonies coincided with the shooting of the most important movie in Asia where she will be recognized worldwide once the movie will be shown this year... :)

wah.... feel like giving the reporter a tight-slapped maaaan X(

obviously s/he knows nuts !

for the info, she did attend Apan Awards, what's the reporter's problem anyway  ~X(

pardon my manners...... thanks chingus for the awesome sharings... you guys rock !

Kyo Fighting !

Guest naliem

>i agree,,it seems that unnie has been put less of priority in terms of putting some positive articles of her sucess in foreign country in her homeland korea,,not hating but kmedia put much redundacy spazzing on KSH popularity ,,

>>well i know in time unnie works will speak up for her success,,with no touch of media play

#only happy things#supporting SHK endlessly

Thanks @hclover unnie for hard working. About the article, I think it's based on a sided perspective. Agree with what you say, unnie. No one cares about an article that criticize an actress who attends masterpieces, appears in Cannes, not only China. Technically, the Korea awards which she was nominated or awarded didn't regard exactly her capability in acting ( of course she didn't think like me.  :)

I can see Kyo unnie indeed love acting, love her job. She has reputation as well as a firm position in Korea and she is respectable. You, the reporter, I think you aren't an eligible reporter to write about her like that!

^ Ngoc Chieu dear. I saw you posted that article previously and until now I really appreciate that :x

although Kyo is away most of the time these past few years...... she did manage to squeeze in a drama and a movie between filming TGM, TC and currently IAQ..... its not true that she only cares for overseas event, remember she's been personally invited to Berlin Int'l Film Festival for TGM, she really wish to go but has to reject it because she don't want to disrupt TWTWB filming..... so why the reporter brought up the subject of she's giving TC filming excuse for not attending SBS awards....

secondly, though she's away, her heart is still with her homeland..... highlighted at baidu, she did donate to few overseas museums to expand the understanding of Korean culture, history.... she paid for hundreds tickets for the disabled and needy local citizens under Cinema Angel project.....

really don't understand why the issue of her not caring local fans and viewers being brought up by the reporter.....

yeah...agree with you all. I have also noticed that there is much hype about KSH and LMH. I do agree that all these actors  and actress getting korean media attention are great actors but its sad that they are too much on the news. It gets boring after sometime always reading about them doing nothing unusual.
Actors and Actress should work hard on their acting and capability to touch the audience with it like the great actor Song Kang Ho. And i believe that SHK didn't have a dream of becoming an actress but once she started  she has taken the road less traveled and really grown as an actress....and she is making KOREA proud with both her beauty and choice of acting...........Keep up the good work SHK and keep on improving  =D>

Guest AnJilaah

As a Bigbang fan, I personally have encountered such articles as well. Back when they had a 3 year hiatus as a group, Kmedia (and some fans) were criticizing them for being more active in Japan. Whenever they go to Japan, they'll have twice the concerts and go to variety shows (which they rarely do now in Korea). However, they proved them wrong by coming back and actively promoting both at Japan and Korea.I personally think the reason for this is because they are new in another industry, it is only feasible they promote more cause they want to venture out and I think its the same with Kyo.
KMedia is just sensationalizing news as usual (which is always such a side eye). There's nothing wrong in Kyo being actively promoting in China than in Korea BUT it doesn't mean she loves her homeland less. I believe its more on venturing out on greater things in a new environment. She has done so much for the past years in Korea so venturing out in a new industry and actively promoting is just how it works in the entertainment world. Also Kyo promised she'll be back to do a Korean project after IAQ. She's doing her best to promote at China and Korea at the same time. It may be a hard transition but I know it'll get use it. :)
She has done so much projects this year both in China and Korea. I know It'll pay off, definitely. She deserves it. :)

Guest ohsooyoung

Maybe Mostly K- medias are KSH's and LMH's fans too that is probably the reason why they do positive writes ups for them even more. They are simply bias and not professionals.

Keep Calm and Ignore K-medias' stupidity and nonsense write ups about Kyo♥♥♥

Spread love and support our Queen ♥♥♥♥

I can see a jealous reporter whom hasn't done his/her homework...talking untrue and nonsense  X(

continue to breathe in breathe out since 2 days ago when this nonsense report was out %-(
u6w.gif

Guest rjuliet

take it easy dearies, i think the korean journalists that reported those things just love kyo so much so they are jealous seeing kyo prioritizes overseas activities more than in her homeland , thats because they miss seeing kyo more in korea, however what they did was a bit disrespectful to kyo coz if they are being more objective, most asian actors are wishing and hoping to work with wong kar wai and john woo, they are one of the best asian directors and worldly recognized, and kyo is also working with famous international actors/actresses...so if kyo, a korean actress, is joining their movies, it means the famous directors appreciate and respect korean talents, therefore she brings korean entertainment to a higher level internationally...if seeing in that perspective, then kyo should be a national treasure too just like kang dong won (although what they meant by kdw as a national treasure is a different thing...lol) 
personally, i think korean medias and moviegoers didnt really appreciate kyo past movies, so maybe kyo tried to make movies overseas, where her talent and beauty are more highly regarded...well, we see how well the korean medias coverage of my palpitating life will be...if their responds are positive and encouraging, and if the movies will attract and appreciated by million viewers in korea, then i think afterwards kyo will work on korean movies more...
sorry for ranting, kyo fighting !!!

Yess kyo Aja!! Aja!! Fighting!! So great to see her working so hard and doing the things she love most.. acting in film/drama. I know she will not be affected by negative press.. She has been through it all  and survived with poise and preserverance. One can't help but admire her dedication to becoming a better actress by venturing into Chinese/International market instead of being comfortable with her achievements. She'll always strive to do better...

Totally blown away to see Kyo in all the photos above ... she always so radiant and elegantly put together. Long hair, short hair, short dress, long dress, cover up or bare shoulders it doesn't matter she still managed to radiate beauty and poise. So proud to be her fan...  :x

I don't think we need to take that report seriously because it just reflects one reporter's view and it's a pretty inaccurate and unprofessional view :P  Like all of us Kyonatics here, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of Korean fans who are proud of Kyo's achievements and success :)

According to weibo and baidu posts, the "IAQ" team was filming at a shop today.  Kyo and Shawn Dou were filming a scene where they are choosing a lamp.  A fan from the shop they filmed at said this is the first time she saw Kyo, she's very beautiful, very thin and her skin is really, really good.  Unfortunately the staff would not let her take out her phone or take pictures of Kyo.  Huang Lu (an actress) posted that she has to suddenly fly back to Shanghai to film a scene, but she's very happy to be able to film together with Kyo :)

More pics from the conference.  Sorry if these pics have been posted before.

14429128966_6fdd746e54_b.jpg
14450888602_c858c9d147_b.jpg
14429147906_5ba8449a24_o.jpg
14265665428_b7983e0089_o.jpg

Guest sunflower91

Kyonatics please show your support to our Queen she deserves to be on the No 1 spot for 
class="postitle" style="color: rgb(23, 23, 23); text-transform: uppercase; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"10 BEST DRESSED [JUNE 9 - JUNE 15]  

Follow7370f2691d0415cda3f62b0fbc42e876_bigger.HCYHK@HCYHK

Pls support ! RT " @hildafitri66 : Vote for Song hye kyo please : http://kpopbreak.com/2014/06/16/10-best-dressed-june-9-june-15/#pd_a_8128539  "

•  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  •  More

• Song Hye-kyo, Shanghai International Film Festival 2014
    Where: Shanghai International Film Festival
    When: June 14, 2014
    Style: Royal & Pure
    Kyonatics dont be lazy to vote its just  a one click on the vote button and  happy to know that as of now she is on the No 1 spot with 57.58% so please vote so that she will remain as No 1! Thanks in advance

Lol, Joe Cheng is such a cute fanboy :P  He posted this pic on his weibo and instagram:

6b1c26cbjw1ehfloh43zkj20hs0hsq6b.jpg
He wrote:  I Am Queen press conference, why smile so happily?  His fans know him pretty well as pretty much everyone guessed that it's because of beautiful Kyo next to him :P

In one of the videos I've watched, Kyo said she was thankful to Joe Cheng.  Because of him, she was able to film the scenes naturally.  She felt he was being very nice/good to her.  Joe said he decided to film this movie because of Kyo.  He really thinks this is a good fortune from all the good deeds from his past life :P

Today is Joe Cheng's birthday.  Wish him a happy birthday and thank you for being so nice to Kyo.  Hope filming for IAQ will go smoothly and it will be a big box office hit :)

^hclover96 : for Joe Cheng's fan in weibo, 【新闻】#鄭元暢#選擇#我是女王#當作退伍後首部電影,「完全是衝著宋慧喬,一直很欣賞她,絕對不能錯過和她合作的機會」。雖然一開始導演找他的時候有點抗拒高富帥的角色 但經過徹夜長談,他深深被感動,想和導演一起創作一個有別大家刻板印象的高富帥,為高富帥平反。

Joe does not intend to participate in this movie, because he did not like the role, but said Kyo involved, he agreed
sorry, if i  translated wrong :\"> 

Guest sunflower91

Really thought it was only me who noticed the minimal coverage of SHKs foreign activities by Korean media , glad to know some thoughts / insights from other Kyonatics which broaden my understanding about Kmedia although it's understandable if they wont cover the press conference of her Chinese production since it wont be release primarily in Korea so fine with it , but what makes me ponder the most is why only a few Kmedia like Dispatch and Ystarnews did have some awesome highlights when SHK have her opening speech on SIFF, arent they not proud of their fellow South Korean to be given that opportunity to think SHK delivered a meaningful message that moved the audience and she didnt say it  purely in Mandarin but still speaks in Korean. Anyways , its really their loss not SHK, Chinese media is in full force for the grand coverage as well as thru SNS  of fans/netizens  !!! . I do agree with hclover96 take on that article from an irrational reporter besides it's inaccurate and with biases. Let's just wish SHK all the best for her career!!  
Well , SHK will just show them her prettiest smile!image

Let's wait and see for the MPL promos !

Lets not even fret about ONE reporter's ridiculous thoughts and opinions. Of course, Kyo's fans in her home country want to see her more and as of lately, it does seem like she attends more Chinese events BUT she doesn't do it on purpose nor is she trying to "hide" from her fans in her own country. I think it's just a matter of time and opportunity...that's why we see her more in Chinese and international events. I think Kyo has worked out an ideal system of alternating between Korean and Chinese projects...so after "I am Queen," I'm sure we will see her in a Korean project. Plus, MPL will be released this year Chuseok time, so we will see her more in Korea.
I just wanted to share a part of an article from Cannes...this is the same one that our @Ngoc Chieu posted. I will post the full article tomorrow ( I have a big interview I'm preparing for right now). But, as you can see, not all Korean reporters share the same views as that one. This reporter also gives some insight on why she decided to go the Chinese route:
"For an actress like Song Hye Kyo, who is like a national treasure, there is not one reporter who does not wish to see her in even more touching Korean movies than what she's already been in.  In Korea, the truth is there is an unreasonable shortage of movies fronted by leading ladies.  Even so, with this kind of despicable reality to blame,  I think it's such a shame for  the talent she possesses. Perhaps, South Korean film professionals underestimate the Song Hye Kyo brand with the reason that there are little box office hits.  Her alternative is to let the world know of her impossible acting through showcasing it in the country next to us, China...."

Our Kyo in an older issue of Vogue...
01000000000053601_1.jpg