Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Song Hye-gyo promotes film

18191232.jpg
Korean actress Song Hye-gyo attended a press conference on Saturday at the Cannes International Film Festival for her up-and-coming Chinese movie “The Crossing,” according to local reports.

Actors Zhang Ziyi and Takeshi Kaneshiro, and director John Woo, also attended the event.

“There was not much difference between filming in Korea and in China,” Song said at the press conference. “There were some awkward moments since I was a foreigner, but the staff and actors were kind enough to help me out in those moments.” 

When asked about what it was like to work with famed director John Woo, Song said, “He is like a father figure to me whom I can rely on. He went through my acting step by step.” 

“The Crossing” is based on the 1949 Taiping tragedy and tells the story of three young couples onboard. The Taiping was a Chinese steamer that sank in 1949 after colliding with another vessel. More than a thousand people lost their lives in the incident. 

The drama’s domestic release has not yet been determined.

BY Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer | koreajoongangdaily | May 19 2014

class="art_title" style="text-align: left; margin: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0px; width: 526px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Hye-kyo Promotes Chinese Flick at Cannes
2014051901078_0.jpg

Song Hye-kyo Promotes Chinese Flick at Cannes
Actress Song Hye-kyo appeared at the Cannes Film Festival to promote "The Crossing" last week. Director John Woo and actors Takeshi Kaneshiro and Zhang Ziyi also attended the press event.
As a non-Chinese, Song said she sometimes felt awkward and found it difficult to adapt to the new environment while shooting the film. 
"Thanks to the friendliness of the actors and staff I gradually relaxed and was able to focus on my acting," Song added.
Set in China in the 1930s, "The Crossing" is based on the sinking of a steamer in 1949 that claimed the lives of over 1,500 passengers and crew.
The long-awaited film has drawn much attention due to its star-studded cast including top actors from Korea, China and Japan like Huang Xiaoming and Masami Nagasawa.
Since years after the production plan was first announced, the film will finally be released in China in November.
englishnews@chosun.com / May 19, 2014 10:33 KST credit chosun

class="title_sec" style="line-height:34px;"Huang Xiaoming reveals intimate selfies with Song Hye-kyo

Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming took and revealed two selfies of Korean actress Song Hye Kyo and himself having a good time in Cannes, France.

In the selfies, Huang, wearing a black suit and black tuxedo, poses with the star hallyu actress in white, beaming. Huang posted the photos on his Instagram page on Friday local time.

image_readtop_2014_771740_14004576441343
10_zpsf8cc9c25.jpg

The two Asian celebrities made an appearance at the Cannes Film Festival to promote the film “The Crossing,” along with their Chinese and Japanese costars, including actresses Zhang Ziyi and Nagasawa Masami.

“The Crossing,” directed by Hollywood director John Woo, tells a love story spanning 50 years of Chinese history.

By Chung Joo-won (joowonc@heraldcorp.com)

http://ent.ifeng.com/a/20140519/40070757_0.shtml
Qn:We met few hurdles for this interview,changing time and locations time and again, do you have any concern?
SHK: This is mainly related to the arrangement of production company, i've been ready since morning but i think our production company has been really busy and we have so many actors here so maybe there has been some confusions in the midst of it,hope for everyone understanding.But i want to make it clear that this is not because of me, HXM and me were ready since morning.

Qn: How is working with HXM?
SHK: This is my first time meeting HXM,i've heard that he is really famous in China so i'm happy to be able to work with him in this movie. He is very polite, as a foreigner to be able to work with this actor i am very lucky.Besides, he has a great passion towards acting ,this touched me and it's something i can learn from.We are just like a long time friend.
Qn: The crossing is about a sinking ship..recently there's a same tragedy too.
SHK: I've heard about the incident when we were having press conference in China, at first we thought all passengers are safe and sound and we realized later on that that's not the case.This is such a sad tragedy and we are all very saddened by it. I offer my deepest condolences to the families of the lives that are lost, and i hope it will never happen again in the future. I also hope all The Korean government can help to prevent this thing from happening again.We should not forget this tragedy eventhough it happened in Korea but i hope everyone remembers this and pray for everyone that was affected by it.
Qn: When you were filming, do you feel HXM charisma?
SHK: In the movie we are husband and wife and  a pair of lovers. For the first scene that we shot, it's our quarreling scene.At that time eventhough my Mandarin is not good but HXM really takes care of me, i feel that we are really in sync so i can really feel his charisma.
Qn:You always act as protagonist and will it be different this time?
SHK: Other than myself, i think all other actors in the movie are acting as different characters from their previous films.But there aren't any characters in the movie that are bad because these 3 couples have their own love stories and everyone is acting their characters with a good state of mind so if anyone expects this story to have some antagonist character then i'm afraid you will be disappointed.But my character still has the same kind spirit and maybe more maturity.

Qn: Is it difficult to say your lines in Mandarin?
SHK: I communicate with HXM in English and Mandarin in private but when we are acting i say my lines in Mandarin.Eventhough i can't say that my command of the language is perfect but i really try my best to speak the language.But for more important scenes, i speak in Korean but as i speak mostly in Mandarin i feel that my performance is not up to my expectation. I'm a bit upset but i've tried my best because speaking in foreign language is hard.
Qn:You mean that as you dont' speak Mandarin well, your acting is not as good?
SHK: Mandarin is not my mother tongue that's why it's really hard.To be able to act out certain important emotional scenes,it's difficult to grasp the feelings.
Some excerpts from various news:
HXM and Hye Kyo learnt Waltz for 3 weeks prior to the commencement of shooting. As it is a compact choreography, as long as they practice diligently , they are good to shoot.For piano, she has practiced in Korea so there's no need for any substitute for the scene.
HXM interview 
Qn: Song Hye Kyo is a famous Korean actress, her eyes are full of charm, do you feel it when you act with her?
HXM: yes, not only in Korea,she is really popular across Asia.She is also Asia's most beautiful woman.
Qn:You agree with this? How about baby? (Angela Baby is his girlfriend)
HXM: different kind of beauty.
Qn: But she is Asia's most beautiful
HXM: different kind of Asia's most beautiful
Qn:Do you feel the charm in her eyes?
HXM: I feel that Ms Song is a pure beauty, baby is more of western beauty so they are different.So Ms Song is  a natural one, very innocent girl. This draw people in and she is so sincere and so do her eyes.
Qn: Will you feel that she is more mature than Baby?
HXM: She is her senior , no matter their age gap, both of them are goddess.
Qn: it's your first time working with foreign actress, do you feel more pressure in your acting?
HXM:No, even though we were not familiar with each other but i watched many of her films.
Qn:From young?
HXM: I am older than her but when i was not yet famous she is already very popular so you can say that i grew up watching her films. I have liked her since young so to be able to work with her is a happy thing. My excitement exceeds my nervousness,just that i was scared that we wouldn't be comfortable as we can only communicate in English and act in Mandarin.But she really tried very hard in speaking Mandarin so i thinks she is very hardworking.I would buy some Chinese snacks to share so this way our relationships will deepen i just hope that we can film comfortably.
Qn: What is her difference with other Chinese actress?
HXM: Actually not much different.Honestly she is great, beautiful, cute and very hard working. Maybe it's the different culture or Korea's strong artist management system, but sometimes you can have the same qualifications but turn out to be different in different countries. When she comes to China, we treat her as an ordinary actress just like us,everyone is the same.
Source:ifeng

Another interview
Asked about whether she was lonely filming overseas , Song Hye Kyo says " It's not that bad  for this movie but when i was shooting "The Grandmaster" it was tiring."
"The Grandmaster was my first chinese movie, the environment is foreign and there's pressure and stress.I needed sometime to familiarize myself ,not only that the filming location was in the village, there's nothing to do except staying in the hotel.When there was no filming, i could only do some exercise or read my script."
" There's nothing i could do , really just sitting down. I realized what "crazy " means. I thought i really would turn crazy. I was really lonely and there were only 2 staff to accompany me. Eating good food and chatting were all we could do to comfort ourselves."
" I don't know whether of that experience when shooting The Crossing i didn't have  many difficulties.The filming location is not far from the city so in my spare time i could roam city to find good food and have a good rest. Fortunately, the length of the filming never went beyond one month in each place so i didn't feel homesick (laugh)."
source:baidu
She will leave for Korea today and go to China for The Crossing shooting in the near future.

Vogue  Korea

Beauty News] <보그>가 아끼는 여배우이자 패션&뷰티 아이콘 송혜교. 뷰티 브랜드 ‘라네즈’와 함께한 그녀의 일상을 살짝 공개합니다. 햇살이 내리쬐는 아침부터 나른한 오후의 여유, 방금 샤워를 마친 듯한 섹시한 모습까지. 매 순간 송혜교의 입술을 아름답게 물들인 ‘세럼 인텐스 립스틱’, 그리고 그녀의 일상이 궁금하다면? ‘보그닷컴’에 접속해 감상하는 송혜교의 아름다운 시절

voguekorea_zps01ce29a4.jpg

http://www.vogue.co.kr/content/tvview_01.asp?menu_id=02080000&c_idx=01160702000005301&page=1

Here's a couple more articles to add to our growing collection ^^

‘Snow White’ Beauty Song Hye Kyo’s Captivating Lips, Revealed Through Laneige Pictorial 

2014051901001725000115311.jpg
2014051901001725000115313.jpg
Actress Song Hye Kyo. For her, "pretty" is a descriptor that is insufficient. 
Her beautiful face's byword. Just leaving it alone is pretty, but indeed, there is absolutely nothing to say when it is decorated to the utmost limit and she is standing in front of the camera. At the pictorial shoot, Song Hye Kyo absolutely shined. And just like that, a timeless photo shoot was born. Global premium brand, Laneige revealed Song Hye Kyo's goddess-like poses.  With the concept of an 'actresses's day,' Song Hye Kyo's photo shoot 'One Fine Day' took place.
In the photo shoot, Song Hye Kyo  produced  various moments of an actress from a  pure and innocent look of the morning sunlight pouring in while in bed to a captivating look leading up to a party. The key point of the photo shoot was her lips. Laneige made Song Hye Kyo's flawless beauty stand out even more by unraveling various lip makeup, which increased the perfection of the photo shoot. Through various lip colors, ranging from a tender pink to a glamorous red, a unique atmosphere was produced in every moment. With Song Hye Kyo's transparent and pure skin serving as the backdrop, her lovely lips and eyes remained as the finishing touch.
Laneige's muse Song Hye Kyo actively proposed the photo shoot's concept and led the atmosphere, and throughout it all, remained professional, which evoked admiration from staff members. A brand representative explained, "Song Hye Kyo actively pursued to match the makeup concept in every cut as shooting proceeded in a nice and warm atmosphere. Choosing an 'A cut' was difficult as every shot was the best one. Please wait for the photo shoot and making video to be revealed." Starting on May 19th, this beauty pictorial can be found on Laneige's official YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/laneigestory), Laneige's official site, and their official Facebook page.
Source: Sports ChosunTranslated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

[67th Cannes Report] Song Hye Kyo, "I wanted to be a ★ in China since I was Twenty"

20140518_1400424647_25332600_1.jpg
Actress Song Hye Kyo revealed her thoughts on advancing in the greater China region.
An interview for the film The Crossing (Director John Woo) took place at a restaurant in Cannes on May 18th (local time). On this day, it was Song Hye Kyo who attended the interview and brightened up the spot.
In response to the question of "Usually people aim to advance into Hollywood, so why did you plan to advance in China?," she confessed the dream she had for the future. She said, "Truthfully, ever since I was twenty years old, I wanted to become a star in China."
Song Hye Kyo followed up by stating, "As I act, it seems to have happened naturally. It flowed to where I am now. I make my move by going along the project moment by moment."
"I don't exactly carry one thing through a goal, but I don't have greed to advance into Hollywood. First, I can't speak English. Would I be able to do what I want there? It's something outside my ability," She said with a chuckle.
Source: TV ReportTranslated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Song Hye-kyo and Huang Xiao Ming
photo437266.jpg

Co-stars Song Hye-kyo and Huang Xiao Ming from the movie "The Crossing" took a picture together.
Huang posted this picture on Instagram on the 18th. The two of them appear as a married couple in "The Crossing".
In the picture, they are sitting on a table outdoors and smiling. They look like they're really married and on vacation. Another picture is of Huang and Song dressed up before a press conference and their faces touching together.
Netizens say, "They are both so good looking", "They look great together" and more.
Meanwhile, Song Hye-kyo is at the 67th Cannes International Film Festival with director John Woo, Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiao Ming, Tong Da Wei, Jin Chen Wu, Nagasawa Misami and others for the movie "The Crossing".
HanCinema

Really praises Hye Kyo's mom for raising her well. Being a single mom is really a difficult task and having SHK as her daughter I believe is her greatest accomplishment, her pride and joy. I envy her. Hope I could raise my daughter well too. 

Just my opinion.

For me I don't complain on how she presents and dresses herself in public. Real beauty exudes even in the simplest appearance. And I have observe that in Hye Kyo. Unlike the others who are wearing glamorous and striking colored dresses ,Kyo would prefer the neutral one especially black and white. Unlike the other who would wear plunging neckline, bear back dresses, Kyo would prefer to wear long sleeve dresses with normal neckline, not so bear back dresses. And unlike others who would go out with full make-up on, she would prefer to go out with just lipstick and lip gloss on and yet without those attention seeking looks, not once that she came out unnoticed.

I believe that she is beautiful in the inside that is why her beauty exudes even in her simplest and humble way.

Thanks for all the pics and vids.
I can't wait to watch the movie at year end because the trailer and all the snippets are so promising and i think it's going to be one of the best Chinese movie of all time especially if you look at the hard work,dedications and love put in by the Director and actors.
HXM said in his interview that his character is a real man and a true hero.He is a romantic man and  loves his wife dearly but at the end he chooses to fight for his belief and that is to fight for his country. I'm sure there will be sizzling chemistry between Kyo and him :x