Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Hello! Girls I’m sorry I haven’t been here much lately. I’m still in a holiday visit but we are heading back home tomorrow. It looks like the fan meeting is official!    Congratulation for girls who could attend it!
Last night I found the rating sites, TNmS and AGB Nielsen which are two major ones Korean business uses. I know EP10 rating was down which surprised me but fortunately EP11 came back a bit.  The good news is that the Seoul ratings are good.   I thought both EP10 & 11 were good. I enjoyed them so much I watched 3 times already. Some said that the complicated plot line made it harder for anybody to drop in and to see what’s happening. I guess that reflected in the ratings. Even though some people thought PP was a good quality drama and liked PP but probably it wouldn’t go up much above 15% because of the complicated story line. PP has so many cases and names which are interlocked to each other. Even for myself I have been confused with all those names so that I have to start listing them on a paper. I found out last night that MBC had the site for the list of cases with related information so that people can check them out. So I have to try translating some of them. Also there are a few news articles which could help to see what happens now. PP is half way through the drama and from now on everything should be converged.

(** the list of cases with time line for PP)
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/op/timeline/index.html

(**Redbrick house)
[최진혁 ChoiJinHyuk]
2015.01.14 WED Fan meeting in Hong Kong

Good Morning
This is Red Brick House

Actor Choi JinHyuk will have his first HongKong Fan meeting on January 2015

CHOI JIN HYUK Fan meeting in Hong Kong : the FIRST DATE

- Place: KITEC Rotunda 3 (6/F)
- Date : 14th Jan 2015 (Wed) 20:00
- Price: VIP seat 980HKD, R seat 680HKD, S seat 480HKD
- Ticket Open Date: 11/Dec or 13/Dec (TBC)
- Booking Site: http://www.htticketing.com/
- Sponsored by Huge Entertainment Ltd

Further notice will be posted soon.
We ask for your continuous interest and participation.

Thank You.

(** I’m listing Nielsen / TNmS Ratings :MBC PP, MBC Mr Back and SBS Pinocchio. It shows PP is doing well. Thankfully it still keeps a double digit rating. But PP EP10 has low ratings so nobody posted it. )

Nielsen ratings
(12/1) (Nationwide) MBC PP (#15) 10.3% (Seoul)) MBC PP (#11) 11.5%
(12/2) (Nationwide) MBC PP (#13) 11.1% (Seoul) MBC PP (#7) 12.3%
(12/3) (Nationwide ) MBC Mr. Back (#14) 10.5% (Seoul) MBC Mr. Back (#7) 12%
(12/3) (Nationwide) SBS Pinocchio (#16) 8.7% (Seoul) SBS Pinocchio (#15) 9.6%

TNms ratings
(12/1) (N) MBC PP (#15) 10.2% (S) MBC PP (#5) 13.5%
(12/2) (N) MBC PP (# 16) 11.1% (S) MBC PP (#5) 14.4%
(12/3) (N) MBC Mr. Back (#16) 9.5% (S) MBC Mr. Back (#12) 11.9%
(12/3)  (N) SBS Pinocchio (#18) 8.9%  (S) SBS Pinocchio (#15) 11.3%

Guest meomongco

booha said:(** I’m listing Nielsen / TNmS Ratings :MBC PP, MBC Mr Back and SBS Pinocchio. It shows PP is doing well. Thankfully it still keeps a double digit rating. But PP EP10 has low ratings so nobody posted it. )

Nielsen ratings
(12/1) (Nationwide) MBC PP (#15) 10.3% (Seoul)) MBC PP (#11) 11.5%
(12/2) (Nationwide) MBC PP (#13) 11.1% (Seoul) MBC PP (#7) 12.3%
(12/3) (Nationwide ) MBC Mr. Back (#14) 10.5% (Seoul) MBC Mr. Back (#7) 12%
(12/3) (Nationwide) SBS Pinocchio (#16) 8.7% (Seoul) SBS Pinocchio (#15) 9.6%

TNms ratings
(12/1) (N) MBC PP (#15) 10.2% (S) MBC PP (#5) 13.5%
(12/2) (N) MBC PP (# 16) 11.1% (S) MBC PP (#5) 14.4%
(12/3) (N) MBC Mr. Back (#16) 9.5% (S) MBC Mr. Back (#12) 11.9%
(12/3)  (N) SBS Pinocchio (#18) 8.9%  (S) SBS Pinocchio (#15) 11.3%
Thank you so much for update, dear Booha.
I hope everything is nice to you. Enjoy your time...:X:X

@ell4u I consider  the Hongkong FM as  once in a lifetime opportunity for me to see CJH in person so i hope and pray that nothing unexpected or untoward happens that will prevent me from flying to Hongkong and likewise no last minute cancellation of the event as its costly for us overseas fans  to rebook/reschedule flights. I am following your advise.. AS early as now,Im planning  on things to do when I see Jin Hyuk,. First, to be sure I can see him close, I need to get a VIP ticket. If Il be one of those luckly fans who will be called on the stage to be with him, I will ask his permission  to hug him and hold his hands. If he does I will hug him tight , very tight so I can feel the  firmness of his abs. then let my nose touch his chest to I can smell him, and lastly after the hug, shake his hands . I just hope I wont get overwhelmed or too excited when I see him.. If that happens my mind wont work and things may not happen as I planned. hehehe

haha @AliciaA.. that's great! i read from other fans who tried fanmeets for you to have extra batteries for cameras or videos.. and a big memory space in your gadgets.. also.. you have to train yourself not to get star-strucked and have presence of mind so you can do all the things you have planned.. aawww im really so excited for you just thinking about the possibilities of kissing him, hugging him, holding his hand, smelling him and all.. hehe..I also hope that we can organize something here so we can at least hand him, through you, fan letters or gifts..if you dont mind.. im really busy these days.. i didnt even get to watch pp 10 and 11.. huhu..

Guest vforvintagevera

@booha,
Hmmm, seeing the ratings for Pride and Prejudice vs Mr. Baek and Pinocchio, gives me a sigh of relief that P&P's doing pretty well for itself. I guess it is possible to have two high rated shows be like Mr. Baek and Pinocchio are and tango.
Crossing my fingers and hoping P&P will maintain their double digit lead on Monday despite Healer's debut because people are already too invested in the story and all the intricate plotlines, plus wanting to see the OTP finally get together. But I agree that P&P won't gain new viewers now that all the players are coming to view and it's getting complicated, unless they start from episode 1. They'd only stay if the OTP does anything to grip their interest which lead me to my next point:
I must admit that I'm a little irked that the first episode teased us with CJH and BJH's chemistry because it was so damn good that I know it hooked a lot of people into the show with their potential romance line. Then the entire thing was squashed and has been put into a back burner that's just slowly cooking away that I think people might be done waiting for their romance to blossom if the writer doesn't speed things up a bit with the two of them. Maybe that's what Dong Chi's reassignment will do to Yeol Moo, make her realize how much she'll miss him. But I'm guessing some other power is going to step in and prevent DC's reassignment now that he fully suspects Chief Moon of the hit and run.
Monday is going to be interesting. P&P's Monday ratings was really weird, especially since I thought episode 9's cliffhanger was really good and made me want to watch ep 10 really badly. What was interesting was that Secret Door on Monday did better than norm. It had 6%, which was much higher than its normal 3 to 5% rating. 
I am curious if you know or can gauge if P&P is really popular in Korea right now. I know you mentioned it was top-searched during ep10 on Naver. But I'm wondering if the buzz for Healer in Korea is really big or just lukewarm. I can see both Healer and Punch being appealing to certain people who can't get into P&P for its complicated storylines.

@forvintagevera i so much agree with your posts above and I am very curious as to the ratings when Healer and Punch premieres.. the PD nim should really do something about the OTP and even the love triangle to maintain the ranking.. I remember the time when I was so worried about PP in the midst of the hype on Contabile and Secret Door.. the media and the blogs almost did not notice PP.. but lo and behold we got a surprise when it ranked #1 for ten straight episodes! I am still crossing my fingers that all will be well.. Indeed looks like the real race for #1 spot is still coming.. I guess the viewers who have invested ten or 11 hours watching PP with all its puzzles/mysteries  will not just drop it for another drama..

Guest meomongco

"Why do you always ignore me?"
tumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o1_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o2_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o7_r1_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o3_r1_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o4_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o10_r1_250.gif
tumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o9_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o5_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o8_r1_250.giftumblr_ng1mweX35I1shsx82o6_250.gif
CR: Tumblr
I can't bear to see YM treats him by coldness. :((. PD nim and Writer nim, pls help him soonest as possible...He deserves to have happiness...:(

Thanks @meomongco

imageimage

Silly girl how could you be happy alone, how can that be alone?
:o3  When you are happy surely your mom will be happy for you and who is gonna be happier than DC? So you gotta spread your happiness and everyone will be happy, if you continue to wallow in your misery, your family & surrounding will continue in the same circumstances...let's just say you're not going to get the closure for your brother's death then are you going to be miserable for the rest of your live?!  :-O Why let bad circumstances control your happiness? So for everyone & goodness' sake be happy OK, surely the rating will skyrocket too if you are happy !  \:D/ 

Guest meomongco

Yeekrfan2 said: Thanks @meomongco

Silly girl how could you be happy alone, how can that be alone? :o3  When you are happy surely your mom will be happy for you and who is gonna be happier than DC? So you gotta spread your happiness and everyone will be happy, if you continue to wallow in your misery, your family & surrounding will continue in the same circumstances...let's just say you're not going to get the closure for your brother's death then are you going to be miserable for the rest of your live?!  :-O Why let bad circumstances control your happiness? So for everyone & goodness' sake be happy OK, surely the rating will skyrocket too if you are happy !  \:D/ 

=====================================================================
Yeap, i agree all what you said. She is not tormented with her remorse, but also she is making DC sad too much. Poor DC oppa, why PD nim and writer nim want him to be suffer for long time? How can he suffer her coldness for long time? When he can get it off and be happier? Pali, pali, i can't bear to see it more. I can't breathe...Breathe a sigh...

Guest chaybags55

meomongco said: Yeekrfan2 said: Thanks @meomongco

Silly girl how could you be happy alone, how can that be alone? :o3  When you are happy surely your mom will be happy for you and who is gonna be happier than DC? So you gotta spread your happiness and everyone will be happy, if you continue to wallow in your misery, your family & surrounding will continue in the same circumstances...let's just say you're not going to get the closure for your brother's death then are you going to be miserable for the rest of your live?!  :-O Why let bad circumstances control your happiness? So for everyone & goodness' sake be happy OK, surely the rating will skyrocket too if you are happy !  \:D/ 

=====================================================================
Yeap, i agree all what you said. She is not tormented with her remorse, but also she is making DC sad too much. Poor DC oppa, why PD nim and writer nim want him to be suffer for long time? How can he suffer her coldness for long time? When he can get it off and be happier? Pali, pali, i can't bear to see it more. I can't breathe...Breathe a sigh...

Guest meomongco

ell4u said: Good day Hyukhyuk girls! i hope everybody is doing well..let me repost this again.. because i really love to see him with kids...he looks so manly and fatherly.. hihi..
====================================================
Dear my teacher @ell4u,
Somtimes, i feels miss your funny words for me and Hyukie girls here. 
Well, how r you going? I hope so. Thanks my teacher. I love him so much too. 
3 days more going to Monday, i am really curious when Healer drama will be on air, how will they compete together until the end?
Of course, i love Hyuk oppa and i am just supporting for him and the P&P drama. 
So, all you guys, Hyukie, P&P fighting!!!

Monday is so far away...I need MBC to release new bts videos every day to keep me happy while I wait. Watched episode 1 through 11 again.....this drama is so good - the acting, writing, directing, storyline, strong and likable characters. I must say SoompiTV has really good English translations. It seems to make more sense, thus captures the feel of the situation and correct meaning behind the dialogue. This makes a difference when the storyline is complex and makes it easier to understand and follow along. Thankyou to those who do the subtitles.

hi @lee_girl! welcome to the thtead! wow.. good for you-- soompi tv is not available in my region..what are your thoughts about Choi Jin Hyuk? are you a fan too? 
@meomongco dear.. im really sorry.. i hope my workload will be finish soon.. the holidays are coming so i am hoping for more time to spazz here.. 

Guest vforvintagevera

Just because it's a slow news day, so I'll post Soompi's recent article mentioning Choi Jin Hyuk's impending Army duties. (STOP REMINDING US LOL) Weeps again.
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Stars That Will Soon Be Enlisting in the Military
Stars That Will Soon Be Enlisting in the Military

With the new year just around the corner, fans have been showing interest in which celebrities will soon be enlisting into the military to carry out their two-year service.

Another star who has been earning increasing amounts of popularity over the years, actor Choi Jin Hyuk who is currently starring in the MBC drama “Pride and Prejudice,” will be enlisting in active duty next year. The actor had originally planned to begin his service earlier this year in August, but ended up forgoing the police service for the regular army next year.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/03/stars-that-will-soon-be-enlisting-in-the-military/

@vforvintagevera. Aside from our man, I noticed there are so many popular actors goin to the army next year. LMH, LSG and JW.@lee-girl. Welcome chingu.. thanks for the tip abt soompi tv having good english translations. I usually watch  PP via YT and the eng sub is terrible. Unfortunately soompitv is not available in my region. I like everything in PP too.. I would say one of  great kdramas i have watched so far 

PP EP12  Written Preview
“Hit and run suspect, who is it?”
After receiving the questionable material, DC(CJH) struggles to understand the relevance of the event with MHM(CMS).
When YM has to see DC going away to Higher Public Prosecutor's Office in Daegu, her mind becomes distracted.
MHM calls Kai-ping(SCM) to settle a thing of the past.
DC learns the surprise fact as he tracks down the hit-run case.

cr to DC