Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@booha hihi.. :D do you have an account in DB? I seldom visit there, and often change my username just checking from time to time for drama recommendations and celebrity news.. 

Omo poor Jin Hyuk, 30 stitches above his eye.. Aww, isn't that too painful? I hope he gets well soon and be extra careful. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booha said:

@namjiho

*CJH had an accident while shooting and his agency said it was not a big injury.  Thank god  :wacko:

Choi Jin Hyuk Gets Injured On Set Of “The Last Empress” + Agency Shares Update On His Status

Nov 19, 2018
by J. Lim

Choi Jin Hyuk has suffered an injury while filming his upcoming drama “The Last Empress.”

On November 19, it was reported that the actor had gotten injured while filming an action scene, and that he had been immediately rushed to the hospital to receive treatment.

A source from his agency G-Tree Creative stated, “There was an accident during the filming of an action scene that resulted in Choi Jin Hyuk getting injured. He suffered a gash of approximately six to seven centimeters above one of his eyes that required 30 stitches. He has received the necessary treatment, and is currently being monitored and keeping an ice pack on the area to reduce the swelling.”

Luckily, it was not a big injury but his agency has stated that they will be monitoring his condition nevertheless. A final decision has not been made yet on whether he will attend the press conference for “The Last Empress,” which will take place on November 20. His agency stated, “It will depend on his condition when he wakes up tomorrow. It’s only after seeing how he is then that we can talk about him continuing filming and attending the press conference.”

“The Last Empress” is set to premiere on SBS on November 21 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1265675wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-gets-injured-set-last-empress-agency-shares-update-status

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this sad & bad news. It's common for actors to get injured on the set. Good that it's not a big injury.  Sometimes, the show really must go on. It really depends on whether the actors (are able to or) decide to finish the scene and carry on filming or not and continued the scene before seeking medical treatment. Standard practice in the entertainment industry is to take out an "insurance bond" on a project before rolling camera--essentially an insurance policy on the film being finished. I hope they have this. :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, namjiho said:

@booha hihi.. :D do you have an account in DB? I seldom visit there, and often change my username just checking from time to time for drama recommendations and celebrity news.. 

Omo poor Jin Hyuk, 30 stitches above his eye.. Aww, isn't that too painful? I hope he gets well soon and be extra careful. 

Hi namjiho, 30 stitches is a pretty big cut. Close to the eye is always bad. Hope he'll get well very soon ... :P

• Like 2

@willenette    @namjiho

Yes CJH will attend PC.  I read his face is still swollen. And a scar  Someone said because he is the lead he has to attend and give a talk about the drama.    I can’t hardly wait to see his face. Gosh  :wacko:

Choi Jin-hyuk will attend the production conference of 'The Last Empress' today (20th)
Choi Jin-hyuk received a first-aid treatment due to a face injury, but he will attend the production conference.

On the 20th, Choi Jin-hyeok’s agency, said, "CJH will be attending the production conference of SBS 'The Last Empress," which is scheduled to be held today. "To keep his promise to the viewers, he kept the icy treatment all night. Though his face is still swollen and has a scar,  he decided to attend."

However, this week 's filming still is tentative. Fortunately, there is room to spare but Choi Jin-hyuk will try to participate as much as possible for this week’s filming.

vzcFHOH.jpg

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003347592

from CJH official fan cafe_real

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2018 at 10:02 PM, namjiho said:

Hi friends, I'm new in this thread. I came to know CJH just this year (I wonder why I haven't seen him before in many years of watching kdramas) thanks to Devilish Joy.. I'm kinda backreading and browsing all the articles, pictures and videos posted in this thread.. I'm on page 68 yet.. Haha.. :D

BTW, our Jin Hyuk has been featured in Actor Spotlight of DB. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/actor-spotlight-choi-jin-hyuk/

namjiho, thanks for sharing the link. "Devilish Charm" is so simple and romantic.  Simple because the fated encounter premise for the love couple who got tied up in a whirlwind one day romance, but lost contact and meet again, is a common storyline. The ending did not disappoint me because for series like this, it is a kind of story that warrants a happy ending come what may. "Devilish Charm" story is dedicated to people who seek feel-good romantic stories. This drama is perfect if your set theme is romance. :P

• Like 2

5 hours ago, booha said:

Yes CJH will attend PC.  I read his face is still swollen. And a scar  Someone said because he is the lead he has to attend and give a talk about the drama.    I can’t hardly wait to see his face. Gosh  :wacko:

Oh, hope the swelling and scar will fade soon.. what a waste on his handsome face.. I'm excited to see him again, so there will be bunch of photos and videos to look forward to tonight and tomorrow.. :D

• Like 1

“The Last Empress” Producer Thanks Choi Jin Hyuk For Hard Work Despite Injury

33e0fd19fe0a4b74b40c62a1f9e43dab.jpeg?s=

The producer of “The Last Empress” thanked the actors in the drama including Choi Jin Hyuk, who suffered from a recent injury on set.

On November 20, Choi Jin Hyuk attended the press conference for SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama, “The Last Empress” with a bandage on one of his eyebrows.

He was previously injured while filming an action scene on November 19. He received surgery and got 30 stitches on the gash of approximately six to seven centimeters above his right eye.

Choi-Jin-Hyuk-XPN-3.jpg

Producer Joo Dong Min said, “All the actors are filming with passion. There have been many dangerous scenes too. So Jin Hyuk was wounded. Everyone is participating with sincere passion. We have filmed in Seoul only two times. The rest was filmed in other locations. It’s all thanks to our staff members and actors.”

The-Last-Empress-XPN.jpg

“The Last Empress” takes place in an alternate reality where Korea is run by a constitutional monarchy. It will tell the story of a musical actress who marries the emperor, and gets swept up in incidents such as the murder of a member of the royal family. Jang Nara will play the musical actress who becomes the empress, and Choi Jin Hyuk will play the royal bodyguard. Shin Sung Rok will play the emperor and Lee Elijah will play the royal spokesperson.

The drama will premiere on November 21, and will soon be available on Viki. Check out the latest teaser below.

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 2

5 hours ago, willenette said:

namjiho, thanks for sharing the link. "Devilish Charm" is so simple and romantic.  Simple because the fated encounter premise for the love couple who got tied up in a whirlwind one day romance, but lost contact and meet again, is a common storyline. The ending did not disappoint me because for series like this, it is a kind of story that warrants a happy ending come what may. "Devilish Charm" story is dedicated to people who seek feel-good romantic stories. This drama is perfect if your set theme is romance. :P

Hi there @willenette :) Yeah, Gong Ma Sung got me on episode 1 especially the scene where he rescued Gi Bbeum, saying in his sexy deep voice,  "Hmm, appa wasseo.. (hmm, daddy's here)"

I don't have a certain genre I love with regards to kdrama watching, sometimes I cringed at romcoms' too cheeziness.. So, I'm surprised myself why I watched DJ, I guess CJH is just too irresistible :D

• Like 2

@willenette   @namjiho

I’m very excited CJH made to PC.  He looked a bit swollen but the rest of him was intact happily.  Life is so full of random pot holes.    Interesting to see the cast appeared on stage with the character outfits
Yes there are many stuff from PC.  :)

IG photo by a fan who was there. It’s always fun to read about fan’s reaction to seeing a star in person. It’s always wow wow.  haha  ‘My first, in person He looks splendidly wow

• Like 2

5 hours ago, booha said:

@willenette   @namjiho

I’m very excited CJH made to PC.  He looked a bit swollen but the rest of him was intact happily.  Life is so full of random pot holes.    Interesting to see the cast appeared on stage with the character outfits
Yes there are many stuff from PC.  :)

IG photo by a fan who was there. It’s always fun to read about fan’s reaction to seeing a star in person. It’s always wow wow.  haha  ‘My first, in person He looks splendidly wow

Hi booha, I am, too, dear. I'm happy seeing him fine. Thanks for sharing MORE stuff here from the presscon yesterday. So lucky the fan who were able to take this picture & saw him up close. It's so fun indeed reading some fan accounts/fan sightings. Oh..........I wonder if you were able to see him also in person. If so, lucky you, girl! :PTODAY is D-DAY! This is quite a long EP drama - 48EPs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

the TLE cast at SBS Radio Power FM (Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time).

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181121125954025

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/2018112113061623

booha, thanks for sharing this. I guess this was prior of him hurting during filming since I didn't see any band-aid taped over his brow here yet. During the presscon, ye, the cast came in character. NICE. Choi Jin Hyuk is totally nailing hot as bodyguard for me. The presscon pictures are making me excited for the drama. :P

4 Keywords To Look Out For Before Watching “The Last Empress”

3236f792078244e49a4737a19c78b85e.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” will premiere today.

“The Last Empress” is set in an alternate reality where modern-day Korea is a constitutional monarchy. It will tell the story of a musical actress who marries the emperor and gets swept up in incidents such as the murder of the queen dowager. The drama will focus on her journey to bring down the royal family.

Spoiler

Unique Main Actor Lineup

The five main actors Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Lee Elijah, and Shin Eun Kyung will show many different charms. Jang Nara will play Oh Sunny, a nameless musical actress who becomes the empress and Choi Jin Hyuk will play Na Wang Shik, a man who becomes a royal bodyguard to seek revenge. Shin Sung Rok will play Lee Hyuk, the emperor who is loved by the public, but has an unexpected twisted side. Lee Elijah will take on the role of Min Yoo Ra, the royal spokesperson who is full of her own desire for power. Shin Eun Kyung will play the emperor’s loving mother who is sometimes frightening with madness.

Strong Supporting Actors

Not only did supporting actors full of experience participate in this drama, but rookie actors joined the project as well. Park Won Sook, Yoon Da Hoon, and Kim Myung Soo will add depth to the drama with their experience. Younger actors like Yoon So Yi, Lee Hee Jin, and Stephanie Lee will add unique and refreshing energy to the drama.

Refreshing Paradigm

The drama’s unique settings, such as Korea being a constitutional monarchy, will capture viewers. “The Last Empress” will portray sweet romance, the battle for power between royal family members, thrilling conspiracies, action, the love of family, and humor, allowing viewers to sympathize with the drama’s refreshing plot.

Kim Soon Ock And Joo Dong Min’s Teamwork

Writer Kim Soon Ock is famous for popular dramas with unexpected and addicting plots like “Sister Is Alive,” “Jang Bo Ri Is Here,” and “Temptation of Wife.” Producer Joo Dong Min is famous for his delicate directing skills in the drama “Return.” There is much anticipation from viewers towards “The Last Empress” as it will be a result of the pair’s unique combination.

The production team of “The Last Empress” stated, “We are ready to make viewers addicted to ‘The Last Empress’ with our thrilling plot. Please look forward to the premiere of the royal romance-thriller.”

“The Last Empress” will premiere on November 21 at 10 p.m. KST. You can also start watching the drama on Viki. Check out the latest teaser below.

Watch Now

Source (1) soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 1

@willenette

CJH’s NSW didn’t make today’s episode.  It was a different actor who played NWS.  Well when I read before about NWS and his extreme diet regime, I didn’t know PD was thinking about a different actor for him.  hahha   It’s hilarious.  NWS is Tae Hang Ho => CJH.  :lol:
Here is asian wiki-Tae Hang Ho: http://asianwiki.com/Tae_Hang-Ho

Na Wang Sik  before

NWS/CWB  after

(Nielsen)  EP1&2: 7.6 & 7.2

"Hong Kong Fan can watch “The Last Empress “ with Chinese subtitles via MyTV Super on every Thursday and Friday."

The whole broadcast of the cast promoting the Last Empress at SBS Radio Power FM.

5 hours ago, booha said:

(Nielsen)  EP1&2: 7.6 & 7.2

"Hong Kong Fan can watch “The Last Empress “ with Chinese subtitles via MyTV Super on every Thursday and Friday."

The whole broadcast of the cast promoting the Last Empress at SBS Radio Power FM.

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I hope the ratings will increase as the EP progresses. :)

• Like 1