Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

:)

Choi Jin Hyuk holds a fan meeting prior to his military service

On February 28th, actor Choi Jin Hyuk's last fan meeting before his military service was held at KT&G Sangsang Arts Hall, which is located in Samsungdong, Seoul.

Choi Jin Hyuk is going to commence his military service on March 31st, and Park Kyung Lim, who is a well known best friend of Choi Jin Hyuk, participated in the fan meeting as a MC. Park Kyung Lim smoothly led the fan meeting with many witty comments, and Choi Jin Hyuk had the most intimate communication with his fans.

Choi Jin Hyuk opened the event with a song called 'Feeling You,' and he appeared from the audiences instead of the stage.

Choi Jin Hyuk slowly walked to the stage, handing roses out to his fans, and their fans screamed explosive cheers out. 

It was the second time for Choi Jin Hyuk to hold his solo fan meeting in Korea, and Choi Jin Hyuk talked about many different questions that his fans had for him recently.

After singing Raido Head's 'Creep,' Choi Jin Hyuk finished the first half of the fan meeting.

During the second half of the fan meeting, Choi Jin Hyuk talked about certain expectations or worries that he has for his upcoming military service. 

Choi Jin Hyuk also talked about some items that he is planning to prepare for his military service, and practicing paying salutes. Choi Jin Hyuk also invited a few randomly selected fans up to the stage for arm wrestling, sit-ups, and push-ups. 

The highlight of the fan meeting was a surprise event that Choi Jin Hyuk's fans prepared for him. The fans held up a placard that said 'Choi Jin Hyuk Only You,' and sang Fin.K.L's 'Eternal Love,' promising that they will wait for Choi Jin Hyuk's return. 

After the surprise event was finished, Choi Jin Hyuk presented a surprise dance performance. However, he looked a bit overwhelmed while watching video messages that their fans prepared, and he said, "I cry very easy, but I will do my best to not show tears today. I want to say goodbye with a bright smile." 

He had a hand printing session, and made a big bow after saying, "I will do my best during my military service." 

Fans ended up showing tears while watching Choi Jin Hyuk, and Choi Jin Hyuk suddenly started singing a famous dance song of Kim Gun Mo. 

After finishing the fan meeting, Choi Jin Hyuk held a hand-shake session for his fans, and expressed his sincere gratitude once again. 

Meanwhile, Choi Jin Hyuk played in drama 'Pride & Prejudice' last year, and he held an Asia fan meeting tour directly after finishing the drama, meeting with fans in Hong Kong, Japan, and Taiwan. After taking a bit of break, Choi Jin Hyuk is going to commence his military service on March 31st.

Choi Jin Hyuk holds a fan meeting prior to his military service

source : /Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

class="content-title"Choi Jin Hyuk Says Goodbye at Fan Meeting Ahead of Enlisting

Choi Jin Hyuk Says Goodbye at Fan Meeting Ahead of Enlisting

Choi Jin Hyuk, actor in shows such as “Fated To Love You,” “Pride and Prejudice,” and “Emergency Couple,” held a fan meeting with 400 fans in Korea on February 28, his last event before he enlists in the military.

The first part of the fan meeting was a time for Choi Jin Hyuk to answer questions from fans. These ranged from questions regarding his personal life to questions about his various dramas, and he shared behind-the-scenes stories from his works. To end the first part of the fan meeting, he sang Radiohead’s “Creep” and his fans got to enjoy his charismatic singing.

choi jin hyuk 1

The second part of the fan meeting was called “Fated to Make a Real Man,” calling to mind his drama “Fated to Love You” and the military variety show “Real Men.” Park Kyung Lim, who was revealed to long-time friends with Choi Jin Hyuk on “Happy Together,” transformed into a training officer and under her direction, Choi Jin Hyuk prepared for the military by learning about supplies, training exercises, and military food. Going along with the military theme, he and three lucky fans underwent a fitness test through arm wrestling, jump-roping, and doing sit-ups.

After seeing a video clip of his fans’ messages of support, Choi Jin Hyuk shared his heartfelt emotions and said, “I usually cry easily but I’m trying my best to not cry today. I’m putting in a lot of effort right now because I want to keep smiling until the end.” He gave a final greeting and expression of thanks as he shared, “I’ll work hard during my military service and return to you.” He then gave a deep bow, lowering his heads, hands, and knees to the crowd, which caused his fans to burst out crying.

choi jin hyuk 2

In order to end the fan meeting on a happy note, Choi Jin Hyuk sang Kim Gun Mo’s popular and energetic song, “Wrongful Meeting” and the event concluded on cheerfully. Even after the fan meeting officially concluded, Choi Jin Hyuk shook hands with this fans, giving fans a meaningful way to remember him.

The fan meeting was Choi Jin Hyuk’s last official activity as an actor. He will have personal time until he enlists on March 31.

credit : soompi news

@willenette   Hello Thank you for the postings I’m glad to see his last FM went well.   I read he had a cold for many days before FM.  He made this mad/grueling marathon during the last two years.  But what a way to end for him, with a cold and fans’ adulation.  I’m glad to see he is going to have a month long rest.  So there is the admission ceremony.   Hopefully we will get some pictures from it.   Last year he cancelled for MP unit which he did just before the end of FTLY and reapplied for the regular army. In looking back I’m glad he did and I’m glad he got the lead role in PP.  I was quite impressed with PP, its cast and most importantly PDnim.

@ell4u   Chingu I knew sooner or later this thread would run in a slow and gentle gear for awhile.  But when I saw the word ‘drought’ it was time to check out other similar sites. Yeap You are right. They were in drought.  But the bright side was that when the owner returned the site came back to soomping life. Soompi activity is like a wondering gypsy who follows a muse. Oh well

A fan posted it after K-FM & before bed time. @@@

CNkBLx2.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha

@willenette, thank you for sharing the news cum pics on the Korean FM.  Most grateful !    ;)

I am reading another version of the report!  It's sweet & most heartwarming to read it all over again!

Looking at the handprint, I think he's got really long digits!!  Long, arty fingers lol!  They say that those who are arty have long fingers haha!  Don't know if he can draw, but it'd be interesting to find out!  Ha!

@booha, could we still keep this thread as "lively" as we possibly can because there's lots more I do not know about Oppa...so, I'll tune in as often as I can to listen to those who would be keen to share snippets about Oppa...anything!!  Lol!

booha said: @willenette   Hello Thank you for the postings I’m glad to see his last FM went well.   I read he had a cold for many days before FM.  He made this mad/grueling marathon during the last two years.  But what a way to end for him, with a cold and fans’ adulation.  I’m glad to see he is going to have a month long rest.  So there is the admission ceremony.   Hopefully we will get some pictures from it.   Last year he cancelled for MP unit which he did just before the end of FTLY and reapplied for the regular army. In looking back I’m glad he did and I’m glad he got the lead role in PP.  I was quite impressed with PP, its cast and most importantly PDnim.

@ell4u   Chingu I knew sooner or later this thread would run in a slow and gentle gear for awhile.  But when I saw the word ‘drought’ it was time to check out other similar sites. Yeap You are right. They were in drought.  But the bright side was that when the owner returned the site came back to soomping life. Soompi activity is like a wondering gypsy who follows a muse. Oh well

hi hyukhyuk girls! our countdown to our man's enlisting has began.. I have to admit that i HAD mixed emotions.. ranging from being sad that we would not see him for 2 years, heart-broken because of course I love him so much I miss him already, sometimes happy because MS is something that he must face so its good he is going so the anxiety is not prolonged and something that must be dealt with will be dealt with already (just like my dissertation hehe).I purposely capitalized HAD because now I really have sorted my emotions and it is with the highest of hopes that I will be sending him off to MS come end of the month..I used the drought word aware of what happens/ happened to most of the soompi threads when their biases go to MS,, but i realized going through drought would be our choice. So let us decide not to go through that.. There is much to do. allow me to enumerate the many possibilities that may make 2 years seemed shorter:1, we can rewatch his dramas and spazz about it here! I am yet to watch Panda and the Hedgehog, I need Romance, Pasta, heirs and the most wanted to be eng subbed: My daughter the Flower2. magazine article about him that were not translated before may be translated this time..( @booha @celes80 hehe)3. i have always wanted to ask each resident here about their Choi Jin Hyuk Love story: how they come to like him, why they continue to like him.. etc4, we can learn photo editing, video making so when he comes back we can do fanarts and mvs..  5. I also wanted to know more about you guys-- this time in a more personal way..ooops.. writing all of these I am forgetting that I have a research to do.. bwahaha.. really have to finish it so I can do all the items i have enumerated.. 

Hi everyone!  I was having some kimchi with my rice just now...half eating, half sobbing...  :'(   You know what Iam going through girls...  :'(

@ell4u  Hiya!  Good to hear from you again!  Exactly...and EXACTLY!  Your sentiments certainly resonate with mine - MIXED emotions!!!  Haha...I was practically giggling...(I mean, half giggling, half sobbing)...  I think that is why some of us "flock" here together  :))   WE girls are going through some kind of "withdrawal symptoms"?   :(  

Hey, hey, hey ell4u, EXACTLY what I have been planning to do - re-watch or complete watching the dramas!  So far, I've completed only  "Fated to Love You" and "P&P".  Never missed a single episode! 

For me, it all began with EC.  Can't recall what got me started.  With half the number of episodes gone, I caught on.  I had never heard of our dear man or Ji Hyo before, but I remember thinking to myself, "What a lovely storyline...how real...how heartwarming!...and how handsome & appealing our Oppa!"  LOL!!

And funny thing was, I didn't even know they were in Singapore for the FM!!!  It was long after the drama had ended that I began seeing pictures being posted up on fb...To my horror, I realized they had been here!!

Arrrgh!  I was "innocently" watching EC on TV while some of you gals were at Kallang Theatre screaming   :)and swooning over Oppa  @-)  So, now you know how much of a newbie I am!    \:D/  heeee...

If I had known about their visit, I would have screamed my head off, my lungs out!!!  So, it all started with EC and when the series ended, I craved more of oppa & followed FTLY online, followed by P&P.

Look at what Oppa had done to me in the last few months!!!  And since then, I started drooling over him....I see stars!  I mean, I see a REAL STAR   ;;)  ...  &  a REAL MAN!!    :x

Hmmm...there's just something about him....   ;)

heyg gals! Just a bit of info. I don't want to flood this thread with pics...but if u have the time & energy, do log into fb - "cjh Hk Fan Club" site. Mandy Yip & the fanclub had kindly released some very good photos! Enjoy!! O:-)

Hello Yes When I said ‘drought’ it means ‘slow time ‘ and not ‘drought/drought’   It means it isn’t going to be like before here and things will turn slow.  I know that in a soompi format without having a drama project, most actors can’t generate enough things/news to talk about except a few big stars.  Generally people come to soompi for an escape bubble??  So I understand that, if one thread turns slowly, some members go to the place where there is a fun activity.

The bright side about our guy’s MS is that he will be out around Dec 2016 and that doesn’t sound like waiting for eternity. Besides before his discharge ( like 2/3 months prior), he will make news with his comeback project which will be a very exciting time. 

Thankfully @ell4u brought many interesting ideas. They sound great. I agree Eng sub MDTF is the most desirable. It’s long with nearly 60 episodes and this drama is wonderful for talking/ discussion in soompi format.  We can talk more about it later. Then of course there is our ace. It’s EC.  Hopefully someday we will watch it again.  I have been thinking about trying to translate a couple of videos. They are very long but they are interesting and we could have a fun time talking about them. As I said they are long so I have to watch them again whether I can do it.

@meili29_at_hotmail.com_stv      omg You missed FM happened there.   The crowd was insane in the mall meeting.  I still remember how excited I was seeing fans’ video clips about the mall event.  It was CJH’s first overseas trip besides J-FM which was nothing like Singapore-FM because these J-fans behaved well mannered in a proper way and I didn’t see those events till much later.    Just reading about your drooling comment made me laugh.   Thank you  Hope the stars you are seeing multiply and stay around for a long time.  

I read PP will broadcast in Japan 3/23.

7LWQbZF.jpgcr to DC

Edited by booha

Guest chaybags55

meili29_at_hotmail.com_stv said:

@willenette, thank you for sharing the news cum pics on the Korean FM.  Most grateful !    ;)

I am reading another version of the report!  It's sweet & most heartwarming to read it all over again!

Looking at the handprint, I think he's got really long digits!!  Long, arty fingers lol!  They say that those who are arty have long fingers haha!  Don't know if he can draw, but it'd be interesting to find out!  Ha!

@booha, could we still keep this thread as "lively" as we possibly can because there's lots more I do not know about Oppa...so, I'll tune in as often as I can to listen to those who would be keen to share snippets about Oppa...anything!!  Lol!

booha said: Hello Yes When I said ‘drought’ it means ‘slow time ‘ and not ‘drought/drought’   It means it isn’t going to be like before here and things will turn slow.  I know that in a soompi format without having a drama project, most actors can’t generate enough things/news to talk about except a few big stars.  Generally people come to soompi for an escape bubble??  So I understand that, if one thread turns slowly, some members go to the place where there is a fun activity.
The bright side about our guy’s MS is that he will be out around Dec 2016 and that doesn’t sound like waiting for eternity. Besides before his discharge ( like 2/3 months prior), he will make news with his comeback project which will be a very exciting time. 
Thankfully @ell4u brought many interesting ideas. They sound great. I agree Eng sub MDTF is the most desirable. It’s long with nearly 60 episodes and this drama is wonderful for talking/ discussion in soompi format.  We can talk more about it later. Then of course there is our ace. It’s EC.  Hopefully someday we will watch it again.  I have been thinking about trying to translate a couple of videos. They are very long but they are interesting and we could have a fun time talking about them. As I said they are long so I have to watch them again whether I can do it.

Dear girls, sorry for not coming for a long time!! Life is so busy these days. Lucky that my schedule is getting normal in March. I'll spend time to catch up the previous pages and to maintain my videos and photos database. I've missed many of his news and videos since Jan.
Just uploaded a video which I shot in the HK FM. I almost forgot I've shot this ^:)^
Do you know how sweet he was when saying "I Love U" in Cantonese??
【FanCam-Saying "I LOVE U 我愛你" in Cantonese】CHOI JIN HYUK FM in HK 2015: the FIRST DATE

:x :x
BTW, just couldn't hide our happiness. We were so lucky that another fan has captured our precious moment with Hyuk in the Taiwan FM.(Thanks to Mandy Yip for giving me these photos)
tumblr_nkl7m2GBOb1shjtebo1_1280.jpg

And, can I say, he was smiling at me?? :))
tumblr_nkl7m2GBOb1shjtebo2_1280.jpg

The middle one wearing a red cardigan is me and on my left is @Chelseab while on my right is the girl who has custom-made the birthday cake to him in his HK FM. :)>-

@PolarisCat  omg I could see his eyes (so____ so affectionate) were right onto you.  I had this feeling of electric jolt from seeing the photo.   Why just two heart shapes… You should fill the whole picture with it   Congratulation to you and @Chelseab and the girl who made the cake for having a lifetime memory!!!   That’s really a fabulous picture… that’s a million dollar expression.. sigh..     Btw You wore the same red color with CJH!! I don’t know if I should say this but If I were you I would photoshop it so that there will be just two of you in the picture. Thank you for sharing
 PS In the interview articles, CJH said he wanted to learn different languages while he was in MS.  Guess what languages he is thinking about; Chinese and English

@meili29_at_hotmail.com_stv   Hello By chance I read again your comment today and I realized I misread some part so I edited. TT     Btw You are from Singapore then your chance to see him is very high. I’m sure Singapore has to be a must visit place for his FM tour when he finishes his military duty.   Besides by then he will know how to handle an FM event comfortably so that more likely he can be himself and bring out his warm personality.

@willenette    Thank you chingu.  I spent a few hours reading about Korean military/conscription but I couldn’t find any information about the vacation or other things like that.   But I guess it doesn’t matter whether he is given a vacation or not, as you mentioned that the entertainer was not supposed to do any money making or promotional activities during MS.   I saw the pictures of SJK taking a vacation.  Just a couple of Instagram photos were available. They weren’t much except showing he was still in MS.  I read about SJK’s CFs.  He made a lot of CFs before he went for MS and these contracts were simply renewed. It means all of his CFs were from the old shots. I read that that’s pretty common practice now as every entertainer tries to have as many CFs before leaving for MS or to release a movie while one is in MS in order to float one’s name in the media.   I’m posting the article about SJK’s CFs. It’s interesting.

Hyuki girls   I’m posting this article about why SJK made a lot of money with CFs while he’s still in MS.  It’s too bad that CJH couldn’t make such a sweet/baby face to next to bottled water for the ad.  Still hopefully he snatched some CFs.  oohrah!! ((I just heard it on tv commercial for the Army hehe ))

Actor, Song Joong-ki raises income over one billion won even after joined national service, thanks to renewed contracts for TV commercials

http://www.hancinema.net/actor-song-joong-ki-raises-income-over-one-billion-won-even-after-joined-national-service-thanks-to-renewed-contracts-for-tv-commercials-76267.html

Edited by booha

booha said:@willenette    Thank you chingu.  I spent a few hours reading about Korean military/conscription but I couldn’t find any information about the vacation or other things like that.   But I guess it doesn’t matter whether he is given a vacation or not, as you mentioned that the entertainer was not supposed to do any money making or promotional activities during MS.   I saw the pictures of SJK taking a vacation.  Just a couple of Instagram photos were available. They weren’t much except showing he was still in MS.  I read about SJK’s CFs.  He made a lot of CFs before he went for MS and these contracts were simply renewed. It means all of his CFs were from the old shots. I read that that’s pretty common practice now as every entertainer tries to have as many CFs before leaving for MS or to release a movie while one is in MS in order to float one’s name in the media.   I’m posting the article about SJK’s CFs. It’s interesting.

Hyuki girls   I’m posting this article about why SJK made a lot of money with CFs while he’s still in MS.  It’s too bad that CJH couldn’t make such a sweet/baby face to next to bottled water for the ad.  Still hopefully he snatched some CFs.  oohrah!! ((I just heard it on tv commercial for the Army hehe ))

Actor, Song Joong-ki raises income over one billion won even after joined national service, thanks to renewed contracts for TV commercials
http://www.hancinema.net/actor-song-joong-ki-raises-income-over-one-billion-won-even-after-joined-national-service-thanks-to-renewed-contracts-for-tv-commercials-76267.html

@willenette  Thank you for info    very appreciated

Here are 3 handsome ‘86   Super Junior's Sungmin, CJH and JYJ Kim Jae Joong
saying ‘goodbye ~~’ for the military duty.   I’m posting them because they look good.

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1425513912862372002
김재중 입대 최진혁 성민

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201503050932801116&ext=da
201503050932801116_1.jpg

@meili29_at_hotmail.com_stv said:

And funny thing was, I didn't even know they were in Singapore for the FM!!!  It was long after the drama had ended that I began seeing pictures being posted up on fb...To my horror, I realized they had been here!!

Arrrgh!  I was "innocently" watching EC on TV while some of you gals were at Kallang Theatre screaming   :)and swooning over Oppa  @-)  So, now you know how much of a newbie I am!    \:D/  heeee...

If I had known about their visit, I would have screamed my head off, my lungs out!!!  So, it all started with EC and when the series ended, I craved more of oppa & followed FTLY online, followed by P&P