Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Current Drama JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Ihjj said: @Yeekrfan2 I didn't even see those gifs you posted at the top of this page! Which episode is the scene between Woo Bin and Jin Hyuk? I don't think I saw that scene. And gumiho daddy does deserve a drama of his own. 
@Mishiellie Thanks for that article! JH is quite honest with his thoughts in regards to his roles. He disagreed with something about Heirs too. Can't remember. 

@Ihjj
I do love how Im Joo Eun played Hyun Joo with such subtlety layered with sensibility and sensitivity. HJ is a very sensible, independent & mature girl who know her places so well in fact a little too well to my liking. Even with such a limited screen times through her wonderful acting and CJH, I can understand her predicament and her relationship dynamics with Won and why they are in this maybe-sorta-kinda relationship. Even though Kim Won is the CEO of Jeguk, 
I like how everyone are afraid of him and dared not look at him firmly but he acts uneasy in front of her
who managed to even put him in his places...lol. She knows her places well enough not to covet what does not belong to her even she had every right to it unlike women like Kim Tan's mom. She knows and put up the boundary between herself and Won, even though Won wanted to be closer and often hinted a more romantic relationship with her. She is too aware of his priority and where she stands in his life enough to be just a supporter to him and cheering for him instead. Sometimes, how I wish she would hang on to him a little bit more and not to be so understanding to the point of letting go without any fight, maybe then their relationship wouldn't ended with such regret and misery.

Anyway, due to their awesome performances as WonJoo, there are many supporters for them from various bloggers and this is what they've said:

Runner-up of Biggest Waste of Talent: Choi Jin Hyuk and Im Joo Eun
http://ocdramadee.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/the-heirs-awards/

I’m thinking somewhere between these two is an awesome drama waiting to happen. Or maybe as one blogger noted, the drama really should’ve been about Hyun Joo and Kim Won instead. I’m inclined to agree. But see, with what little they had to work with, Im Joo Eun especially, they still brought it. Remember Hyun Joo’s looking woefully at Won’s uneaten porridge in an early episode? Awesome. That’s what great actors do. They bring it, and they leave us wanting more.

Heirs Awards: Episode 6
http://skellywriter.tumblr.com/tagged/The+Heirs/page/2

Acting Award: Older brother Won and his sad quasi-girlfriend share the honors for this episode. They were on screen for only a millisecond, and had about a half page of dialogue, but I think I know their entire history and relationship dynamics. He likes her, but not enough to change his life; she likes him, but that is overshadowed by his world, his priorities, his habit of compartmentalizing her into a small corner of his life. He’s the sorrier for it, but is incapable of change. She has learned how to walk away. The porridge scene was the best-acted in this episode.

cr: dramalentil tumblr (gif set for porridge scene)
tumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o2_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o3_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o5_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o6_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o7_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o8_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o9_r1_250.giftumblr_mv8d48HdHw1ralx17o10_r1_250.gif

Such awesome insight on Kim Won! 

Credit to: theclockstrikes-capaldi

"Kim Won is so cold."

Let’s make a few things clear here. Kim Won maybe seem like a cold, heartless bastard, but he really isn’t. I’ve seen some hate about him and to be honest it’s not fair. You can’t blame him for how he is.

It’s not his fault that his mother died when he was a child. He grew up not knowing what “motherly love,” was. He was raised by his father and the chairwoman, but not once was he shown love that every child should be given. Ever since he was young he had a sense of how cold and cruel the real world was. And as a child, he should not have had to go through those hardships.

Then another woman comes into the picture, carrying a child who suddenly became his younger brother. There’s a reason he treats Tan coldly. As a child he saw and watched his father betray and abandon his own brothers, and quickly learned that no one can be trusted.  He’s trying to protect the reputation he worked so hard to gain, because that’s the only thing he has control over.

That doesn’t mean he hates Tan. Sure Won treats him like trash and always tells Tan that he’s a nuisance, but Won is his older brother. Won, somewhere deep, deep, deep down in his heart truly cares for his brother. If he didn’t he would have left Tan outside of his hotel room, he wouldn’t have warned Tan about the men following him, nor would he have scolded Tan for getting 100th place. He doesn’t know how to treat Tan like a younger brother because he only knows how to treat him as a competitor. Under everything Won cares, but he just doesn’t express it the way regular siblings do (but hey, their family isn’t normal).

Credit to: laquetahodge  @ Soompi Recap

Wonny and Hyunnie

상속자들.E18.131205.HDTV.H264.720p-HANrel.avi_001437804 상속자들.E18.131205.HDTV.H264.720p-HANrel.avi_001435268

Yes, that’s my nickname for her. Speaking of Wonny, him and his Hyunnie (see how great that sounds?) have a bed scene… not like that. It’s very intimate and shows a whole other side to Won we didn’t see. He’s very soft with her and asks her to hold on while he’s slowly climbing to the top. We see she knows what Won’s aspirations are and knows what he wants is totally different than Tan. He wonders if their relationship would be different had he done what his brother is doing. It’s sweet because I see that he admires his brother for taking a different road than him and really doing something that he wants instead of doing what he’s told. I hope Won and Hyun Joo get married, he left his blind date because he felt guilty and didn’t want to be there. These two are made for each other. I demand a wedding and babies. Okay, not babies but a wedding will suffice. 

http://hackersalander.tumblr.com/

"We always faced each other this close. But we were always very far from each other.
              You don’t have to be sorry, because I had known it all along."

image     image

image     image

http://heirscaps.tumblr.com/

Guest Yi0481

TBH I didn't fully watch Heirs, I dramabeans-recapped most of it and only watched the later parts. But that was enough for me to get how Kim Won was, and it broke my heart. And now that I know a wee bit more about CJH, my utmost respect to him for having fleshed out he character so well. Wonnie was way too underrated and underused in the drama. It was sad.

that said! I still am amazed by how he was LMH's hyung in the drama. LMH is years older! But have to admit, CJH does the whole suave-older-brother thing really well. ;))

[interview] Choi Jin Hyuk Constantly Told Himself Song Ji Hyo is Pretty

Would it be possible for a divorced couple to fall in love with each other again?

In the recently ended tvN drama Emergency Couple, Choi Jin Hyuk acted as ‘Oh Chang Min’ who falls in love with his ex-wife ‘Oh Jin Hee,’ played by Song Ji Hyo.

In a recent interview with Newsen, however, Choi Jin Hyuk waved off as he said, “It’s not an easy thing for a divorced couple to fall in love with each other again.”

He continued, “Of course, it’s possible and it probably happens somewhere. But among the cast members, we said that it’s possible because it’s a drama, especially because Chang Min and Jin Hee hated each other when they split up.”

63855002.jpg

As personal thoughts are separate from the drama role, what did Choi Jin Hyuk do to play Oh Chang Min, who falls for his ex-wife?

He said, “I constantly thought to myself, ‘Song Ji Hyo is pretty, she is pretty.’”

When asked, “But isn’t Song Ji Hyo pretty even without telling yourself?”, Choi Jin Hyuk laughed said, “That’s true.”

But it must have been difficult for Choi Jin Hyuk to have a beating heart towards her, like Chang Min did towards Jin Hee, as they always had to face each other at the filming site. Another reason Choi Jin Hyuk had to mind control was the killer schedule required for the drama filming.

Choi Jin Hyuk revealed, “I started counting down from ten days before the last filming. I told myself, ‘seven more times, five more times.’ There was a time when I had to film through three nights in a row. The schedule was a killer, especially for me and Song Ji Hyo.”

63855003.jpg

Still looking tired, Choi Jin Hyuk said, “The lighting and reflection plates saved us. Our skin got so bad that it was hard to cover it up without the lighting. Thankfully, the camera director was a veteran and was good at that.”

It has been about a week since Emergency Couple ended. When asked if he has become more relaxed now, the actor explained, “I still have some schedules piled up. I will need to carry them out since I postponed them due to drama filming. I have to go for photo shoots, keep official promises I made…I think I’ll be busy for awhile.”

Photo credit: Newse

cr: mwave

---------------------
i posted it also at EC thread :)

Hey folks, I'm back from my holiday!!! :)

As mentioned earlier, I came across a very interesting and long interview with CJH in Japanese on the net previously, so I decided to translate it for everyone here.  I think GFB was only recently released in Japan, that's why there was quite a few articles on GFB and CJH circulating in the net.  It's a very long article and I'm not that fluent with Japanese, so it takes me some time to read and process it fully.  Here's Part 1 of the interview, based on what I've translated so far but I'll prob post the remainder up over the next couple of days, and I'll update this post.

The original article in Jap is here. http://news.kstyle.com/article.ksn?articleNo=1991639.  It was released fairly recently on 27 March 2014. 

P.S. I've not done a literal translation, as the sentence construction for some parts were quite awkward when translated into English, so I've paraphrased as closely to the original meaning where it made sense.

===

Choi Jin Hyuk <<Gu Family Book>> "Shooting of the Wedding Scene, the Atmosphere on Set... My Heart was Throbbing Very Fast..."

First, tell us why you decided to act in Gu Family Book (GFB).

CJH: Up till now, in Korea's period dramas, I think there has never been such an interesting storyline/genre.  I thought it would be interesting to act out the role of a male gumiho (9-tailed fox) in a fantasy-themed drama.  It would surely be popular.  I also thought that the role of Gu Wol Ryeong (GWR) suited me very much.  And so, I decided to take on the role in GFB.

When you read the script, please tell us about your thoughts.

CJH: As I mentioned earlier, there were female gumiho roles in the past, but it is the first time a male gumiho role was being featured.  I thought the concept was both fresh and interesting.  Furthermore, the director for the GFB was Shin Woo-Chul and the screenplay was by Kan Eun-Kyung.  I thought to myself, I definitely must act in this drama.

What did you think about your character/role in the drama?

CJH: GWR was a mythical creature who lived for more than 1,000 in Jiri Mountain,  But his life took on a new path when he fell in love with a human woman.  He was pure at heart, but also someone who was very cute and charismatic at the same time.  A rare character indeed.

What was the atmosphere like during filming?  Did you manage to engage in much conversation with your co-stars?

CJH: Ah yes.  My co-actors were rather envious of my role because the director and cameramen shot my scenes very well.  My seniors said they were envious, so did Lee Seung Gi, who said I was "so sexy".  While waiting in between scenes and during break times, everyone was fooling around.  It was very fun on set!  There were many scenes that involved giant fans to create the CG effects, so there were difficult times as well, but I also experienced many new challenges.

Did you feel any pressure having to carry the drama through its opening?  How did you feel?

CJH: GFB is a period drama with fantasy elements.  Whether or not the drama eventually flops or succeeds depends on its opening.  Having a favourable start is of critical importance.  Because of that, I was definitely under a lot of pressure.  But it was because of this reason that I really tried my best for the drama.  Even though the director had already given his "OK", there were times when we'd reshoot the scene because I thought it could have been done better.  To make sure the opening 2 episodes stood out, I thought to try my best right to the very end.  I definitely felt the heavy burden, but I gave it my all.

Are you happy/satisfied with the way the first 2 episodes turned out?

CJH: Actually, my acting was not very good.  But the director shot the scenes very well.  For that, I am very grateful.

There has been a resurgence in your popularity in recent times, how much do you actually feel it?

CJH: Ah, yes.  This is kind of embarassing to say, but I am aware of the various comments and posts on internet forums.  More fans have also been coming up to me in real life.  When I'm filming outdoors, I also notice more people coming up to me (Celes80: the actual word used was tourists, but I think he was referring to people in general.)  When they come up to me to offer words of encouragement, I feel very happy.  It is during times like these that yes, I actually feel it.

When it was decided that GWR would be making a return later on in the drama, tell us about your thoughts when you first heard about it?

CJH: Because episode 2 was extremely well-received by the public, actually I was thinking that it may be better if I didn't return to act in the drama.  Because I did not want to expose the flaws in my acting, and the fact that I was actually very inexperienced... I was actually feeling very conflicted inside.  On the one hand, I wanted to give it a try, on the other, I was so terrified.  There were so many people enamoured with the pure and sweet image of good GWR, to appear again would mean destroying that image and showing GWR as a dark, sexy character.  It would be my first time taking on such a role and I wasn't sure I would be able to take it on well.  I was worried.  However, having thought through it many times over afterwards, I decided to embrace the role and confirmed my apperance subsequently.

What is the main difference between good GWR at the beginning and dark GWR after he became a 1,000 year old demon?

CJH: Dark GWR, even as a 1,000 year old demon, was very charismatic.  I needed to reflect this through my acting.  The role of dark GWR was sexy, simple-minded, but also someone who had lost all his memories.  But I did not really understand how to act out this role, for dark GWR to appear as someone wtih sex appeal.  I was worried.  How could I convey this in my acting?  First of all, I tried to convey this through my eye expressions, by focusing my gaze intensely (at someone).  The main difference with acting out good GWR at the beginning was that his tone of voice was lower, and his breathing also had to be kept suppressed when he was speaking.  I really had to polish my acting skills to take on this role.  I was obsessed with turning him into this charming character.  So I felt relieved when dark GWR was eventually well-received by the audience.

The role of acting as a mythical creature in this case must have difficult.  Did you take reference from any dramas or movies?

CJH: I watched the "Twilight" series of movies and took reference from it.  There are cultural differences between America and Korea of course.  we do have period dramas of similar genre in Korea, but I think Korea relies more heavily on the actor's skills to flesh out the character (Celes80: I'm not too sure about the translation for this part.  What I think it means is that it is less about the storyline and plot, as with most American movies, but in Korea, the focus is more so on the actor's skills and interpretation of the character to successfully bring out the role.)  In any case, I thought it useful to take reference from previous productions to see if I could improve on my performance.

(Celes80: Translation to be continued....)

Thanks @booha‌ for posting the pics... Yes, thanks for the correction. It was written in the article itself but I was lazy and skipped the intro blurb... Heehee :) Anyway, I'm still quite the noob on soompi. I don't know yet how to post pics on here, neither do I know how to add a spoiler tag... If someone can PM me to teach me that will be great... to save me some time on reading through the rules and guides section... P.S. I came across another jap interview of CJH regarding "The Heirs" and it talked abt his relationship with Lee Min Ho. When I have time and after I'm done with this super long interview, maybe I'll try translating that one too.