Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest mdolphins

@celes80 Thank you so much for translating that article I really enjoyed reading it and I thought the journalist asked decent questions especially the one about his debut on the survival audition program, I had always wanted to hear more about that too. The more articles I read about him I think his choice to become an actor was the right one for him. He doesn't seem like someone who would have been comfortable with a desk job and I think this article did a good job highlighting that fact. The reason I say that is because he seems to be someone who likes to do things his way and as an actor he puts a lot of thought into his characters and really tries hard to create characters by making them as different as possible from regular stereotypes. In INR, I really did like how BSH constantly told IY how her actions made him feel, he didn't hide his feelings from her (even though she was acting like a selfish tool-bag most of the time) and I really liked that about his character and thought it was refreshing to see. Kim Won was just so complex, cold, at times seemed bitter, but Jin Hyuk was able to show us deep down he was also trying to protect his father's company, he also in his own way was protecting Tan too. I re-watched his scenes recently and was struck by that fact when his father was in the hospital he asked Tan to move back into the house with him so they could protect it from their evil step mother. It just seemed out of everyone Won understood his father the best and understood the sacrifices he was going to have to make to succeed him.

Thanks @abcchin for all of the photos, he looked so great at the awards ceremony and also for the premiere, like @celes80 I am really liking his hairstyle too, it is just right. Near the end of EC I thought they had his bangs too long and I was hoping they would sweep them back a little. I can't wait to see the movie, I am not a huge action genre fan, but this one seems intelligent, stylish, with cool fighting moves and JWS and Jin Hyuk shirtless, so I am definitely excited to see it.

It was nice to see Soompi posted his Men's Health article:

http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/28/choi-jin-hyuk-is-devilishly-handsome-for-mens-health/#.U4X5L9hOWM8 

thanks2.gif
@celes80 
for the wonderful translation and it's so good to share all your CJH translations in one blog, so much easier for us too! I've made this cutie pout from Bae Sung Hyun, one of my very favourite scene of him!
  Enjoy!

sheepish.gif

INR-pouty.gif

I for once love something he wears from head to toe. Lol. I usually like his top, but not bottom. His out fit at the premiere is awesome! His unbuttoned collar makes him so hot

hot hot hot, and his pants actually cover his whole leg! Lmao.

PolarisCat said: id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"신의 한 수 (The Divine Move, 2014) 레전드 액션 영상 (Action Video)http://youtu.be/bGD5zGzv3VI

Hello, I only have time to post quickly before I rush off to work! Here's 2 videos of Press Con. First one's shorter one of CJH. Second one has clips of everybody.
http://youtu.be/OvIWXlx_1Fw 

Credits to uploader
@PolarisCat - Thanks for the link to the Jap article. I had a quick read through - the parts about CJH are the same as what @booha has translated above. Nothing much extra to add. :) When I have time, and if the Eng parts aren't out yet, I'll see if I can translate the interesting parts out. Have a gd day/night everyone

Guest Mishiellie

HI GUYSSSSORRY I HAVE BEEN MIA
@boohaactually are you interested in taking over this thread??? or anyone else?I just feel bad for not coming for so longI do update Choi Jin Hyuk's tumblr page once in a while thoughhhhh

Guest Mishiellie

Joon J. Lee said: http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jinhyuk&no=44933 This is the printed out version of the fan letter package. No filming or picture taking were allowed at the fan meeting so there aren't any decent pics for you guys. Sorry. But I can tell you this. He DANCED. HE DANCED ' RAINISM' (originally by Rain). Boy, he was sooooo sexy. He is by no means lethal. The place was absolutely filled with wild screams!!! I am pretty sure there will be a DVD out after the Asian Tour, so keep ur fingers crossed gals.

@Mishiellie  Dear dear chingu nice to hear from you    First I’m sorry to say that my life has filled out completely. Hehe   Don’t feel bad about anything.  You know we have many new members who are full of Jin Hyuk at the moment. Haha    But soon CJH will be shipped off for a long time and this thread will be at a slow tempo but hopefully he will send out much interesting news about his activity.    What can I say!   You restarted this thread and you did a lot.  When CJH stopped using twitter you uploaded all of his early pictures here. I went back to the early pages from time to time and it was always nice to see GWR pictures. You saw CJH’s fan meeting special. He looked great with Rain’s costume.  Take care chingu!!

Hello! I came across an interesting article in my newspapers today. It's not really about CJH per se, although it has a hot pic of him. HAHA.

The title of the article is called "Hot K-Bods". It talks about how Korean actors are stripping on the job, as the onus falls on them, rather than the women, to up the sex appeal in TV dramas. The last part of the article compares the bodies of different hot Korean actors. They gave CJH only a 7/10 for his hot bod! X( In my opinion, he deserves a 10/10.  :x

So here's how they scored CJH.

====

CHOI JIN HYUK, 29

Drama: Emergency Couple (2014), episode 13

Freeze-frame moment: Choi plays a medical school student who tries to win back his former wife, played by Song Ji Hyo, Running Man’s flower among the thorns. In this scene, he takes a shower after getting sprayed in the face with blood from a patient who might have an infectious disease.

How hot is his bod: 7/10 Since his topless scene is very brief, Choi can be said to have, er, nice arms. But fan Tan Sin Nee finds his lean, muscular look attractive and gave him a 9/10, saying he has a body with “no flaws”. Emergency Couple airs on Channel M (StarHub TV Channel 824, SingTel mio TV Channel 518) on Monday and Tuesday at 10pm.

PHOTO CREDIT: CHANNEL M

ST_20140529_LIFCHOIJINHYUK_359585e.jpg

===

I guess it's true that they did only see his shoulders in EC. Haha. 

For the rest of the article, if you are interested, can I direct you to my blog? Click here.  It's not directly relevant to CJH so I didn't want to post it here. And the full article is not accessible online unless you have a paid subscription (which I have), so I've re-posted it at my blog instead.  I don't really know any of the other guys they talked about, except for Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun, so I can't really judge whether their bodies are "hot" or not.  But judging from what I see in the photos, CJH wins hand-down!! ^:)^

Do you guys wanna have a discussion on how hot our Hyuk Hyuk's body is? Haha.

We don't need a discussion on how hot JH's body ís. Lol. SH and MH don't stand a chance. They're too skinny and un ripped. Lol. JH is skinny as well, but his muscles are pretty tight and buldgy. Wait I think SH's body is also ripped, okay well I still choose JH any day. Lol. I love SH too don't get me wrong guys.

Guest abcchin

aha aha. There you go our CJH again in airport.. he's heading to Japan.

BoyZ1m4IQAA2Q-i.jpgtumblr_n6bwqwygAM1r6tcjeo1_500.jpgtumblr_n6bwqwygAM1r6tcjeo3_500.jpg
Not diggin the sunglasses but still.. looks pretty good. ditch the sunglasses and replace another one lol

celes80

said:

Hello! I came across an interesting article in my newspapers today. It's not really about CJH per se, although it has a hot pic of him. HAHA.

The title of the article is called "Hot K-Bods". It talks about how Korean actors are stripping on the job, as the onus falls on them, rather than the women, to up the sex appeal in TV dramas. The last part of the article compares the bodies of different hot Korean actors. They gave CJH only a 7/10 for his hot bod! X( In my opinion, he deserves a 10/10.  :x

So here's how they scored CJH.

====

CHOI JIN HYUK, 29

Drama: Emergency Couple (2014), episode 13

Freeze-frame moment: Choi plays a medical school student who tries to win back his former wife, played by Song Ji Hyo, Running Man’s flower among the thorns. In this scene, he takes a shower after getting sprayed in the face with blood from a patient who might have an infectious disease.

How hot is his bod: 7/10 Since his topless scene is very brief, Choi can be said to have, er, nice arms. But fan Tan Sin Nee finds his lean, muscular look attractive and gave him a 9/10, saying he has a body with “no flaws”. Emergency Couple airs on Channel M (StarHub TV Channel 824, SingTel mio TV Channel 518) on Monday and Tuesday at 10pm.

PHOTO CREDIT: CHANNEL M

Haha.  You guys are so funny!!   Such strong objections to the article. Well, I was X( too! We are all loyal supporters of CJH and his bod and will riot if anyone rates him lower than a 10/10!  What an atrocity. 

@abcchin - He's going to Japan again?  Do you know why?  That means there will be tons of Jap news over the next few days.  Yeah!  I'm gonna keep a close look out for it.  P.S.  Why is he still having so many engagements here and there, when he is supposed to be filming for FTLY?  Doesn't he have to film for that too?  My neck has grown quite long waiting for news of him filming FTLY... I didn't even get to see him during the script reading...

@

mdolphins

said:

Guest mdolphins

@celes80 Excellent insights, and I agree with you. In a way I don't think he would have been ready for success if had come to him a lot earlier in his career. He needed time to learn and hone his craft in order to have a career that will be able to last for a long time,because there are plenty of good-looking guys/idols around that are great decoration in Flower Boy type dramas, but can they act? He is someone who is not only great looking, but he can also act, so hopefully he will have a career that will extend far past his prime even after his looks begin to fade.

7/10? Seriously 8-} ??? There are plenty of shots of him without a shirt on to make the determination and I don't see how they could have even reasonably considered going lower than a 9 out of 10. His body is beautifully proportional and I bet there are tons of men out there jealous of his long legs and height. I am curious who they rated higher than him??? I don't think a person has to biased toward him to admit the guy has one of the hottest bodies out there on any continent, the facts are indisputable. 7 out of 10, I am outraged!!!!

Before I can catch up all the translations and update posts by all of you, just to post some media coverages of "The Divine Move" Press conference on 28/5.
'신의 한 수' 정우성 "가장 기억에 남는 장면? 최진혁과 냉동창고 액션신"(인터뷰)http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=809000
Cr.OBS

'신의 한 수' 최진혁 "상의 탈의 액션신, 운동 못했으니 감안해서 봐달라"(인터뷰)http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=809001Cr.OBShttp://youtu.be/7fuMKOKkodw

'신의 한 수' 이범수 "온 몸에 새긴 문신 때문에 앉지도 눕지도 화장실도 못 갔다"(인터뷰)http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=809002Cr.OBShttp://youtu.be/TodY5juYDNo

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[경인일보]강승호기자의 리얼영상_'신의한수' 정우성, "액션 정말 힘들었다!"

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[Y-STAR] Jung Woosung comes back to the screen (정우성의 '신의 한수'는?)

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"

booha

said:

@mdolphins

said:

@celes80

said: @yeekrfan2 Did you make those gifs?? They are sooo cute!!! If you made those, I'd love to find out how you made them! Thanks so much for sharing those!

@booha Thanks much for translating the Korea FM!! Many hugs and kisses to you. I would give you a 1000 "Awesomes" if Soompi allowed it. :)

I loved how his fans in Korea tried to surprise him with the fan video (super touching!) and with the placards at the end.  They went to such lengths to firstly write out the message in different forms, film the video, then worked with the organisers to leave it this item out of his cue card, so JH was totally surprised by it.... How sweet!!!!  They love him so so much.  What I really liked about this FM, compared with the one in Japan, was that it wasn't purely one-sided as these events usually are.  CJH put in a lot of effort to tell his fans how much he loves them (Rainism, plus the heartfelt letter he read to them), and his Korean fans also put in a lot of effort to tell him how much they love him (the surprise fan video and the placards).  It was essentially a declaration of love on both sides, not really a FM!

:)

The tears that he shed at the end, that photo we saw above, it really touched me.  (I shed a tear at my computer too... just now)

If you're reading this, thank you Korean fans for having done all this for CJH.  I'm sure he really felt all your love that day.  Thank you for making him feel so loved...

Edit: Hey, I just found this video!!! I'm sorry if it's been posted before, but I just found out about it. @booha !! You translated it!! Thank you so much!! 

:x CJH's super awesome in it!

@booha  from my experience working with song subtitle, you shouldn't care about MV. Because the meaning of the song isn't the MV at all but it's all about how the singer deliver it. (sometimes it might be different from the songwriter meaning.)

How I made the MV, editing, most of them are how I try to interpret my feeling about those songs. (some may not reach what I want)...
So, better translate the songs when you listen to them for a while. ^^