Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

tiaraisnap

said:Haii @sunshine4ever , I really enjoy this thread . I can fill up My desire to know about Him from here ^^

Now , I really regret of My self . I already know that there will be Meet and Greet of CJH n SJH in Singapore but I don't think that will be as free as that happen in a mall like that . I should come to SG then , the flight from Indonesia just take 2 hours . Aah if I do that I can see Him in person like @celes80 , such a lucky girl U are . .Aah @celes80 , can U tell Me what condition to can handshake with them in that Meet and Greet ?

About His Asia Tour Fanmeet in Bangkok is there any possibility He will do that too at Malaysia or Singapore or Indonesia or anywhere else in Asia ? Because the title is Asia Tour so a little bit impossible if the event just in Bangkok . .

Here are some pictures from the Seoul fan meeting.   We’ll see the video from it after his Thailand fan meeting.   The reason the video hasn’t released because it had CJH’s dance which no doubt we are going to see in his TH event.  Yep We’ll see his dance soon. I read it’s another version of Rain’s dance(?) whose name I heard but I have never seen it.  I guess I’ll have to post a fanmade picture: Dancing Rain and CJH. 
 PS CJH has a fan sign meeting for SZ BY SZ promotion in BuSan 3pm ( 5/18 Sunday)

f29u.jpg

UDPbnkj.jpg

jsKhCIk.jpg

cr to DC

@celes80   So fun to read about your personal view on this event!   The funny thing is that I have a feeling we all understand what you are saying in this thread. I’m guessing you went through a lot of articles.  You must be very curious and at the same time you felt anxious since this was his first major overseas event. But you shouldn’t be concerned too much. He is competitive otherwise he wouldn’t have survived in the tough entertainment business.  Look at SJH! She’s a good example.   Everybody said how small and petite she was yet on the stage she showed her tenacious spirit! I hope this Singapore trip would be a good first exposure for him before the TH fan meeting.   Also there is a good chance (I hope) he might do some kind of a long interview article for Singaporeans which we all know he’s very good at.  So far the articles post here were, to me, positive about him except one which had a bit strange first opening lines and it could be that reporter didn’t know about CJH or who knows ???  To me his certain behavior could be from to try listening and talking through a translator and he wasn’t aware how he looked on the tv screen. TT
You as ChoiJinHyuk-itis had this strange whirling experience the last several days.  I’m glad you have this weekend to recover or perhaps you don’t want to recover and awake.  Then who would be!! Haha   If you think about how you came to this point, isn’t it very surreal?  At the beginning you started from wanting to practice Japanese or something like that THEN ‘kill two birds with one stone’ THEN ‘Choi Jin Hyuk-itis’ THEN meet/greet THEN to the ultimate final junction, FM. I could imagine you sitting at that theater with such mixed emotions.  You spent hours staring at him on the screen while translating the fan video so that you were probably quite familiar reading his body language on the stage even from a distance. I’m sure it’s quite different from other fans who went to see FM.  Hopefully someday when you look back this time in your life, it will bring out a big smile on your face. Enjoy and cheers!!
PS  It occurred to me how strangely you and CJH came to be across in that theater.   When you signed in soompi you never dreamed of meeting him like that: You are from Singapore and he went to Singapore.  It’s a mystery how fate works on us.

Was really exhausted this past week.  Finally managed to catch up on my dramas, got some sleep plus run some errands this weekend.  Sorry for the long delay in replying to ppl who have tagged me.  I'll try to reply to some of you first here.

@OnnieS - Sorry, I can't reupload the xin.MSN video onto youtube, since I don't own the video.  In any case, the interviews in that link can also be found here. Both videos essentially talk about the same thing, but the youtube link is a slightly longer version of the interview. 

@tiaraisnap - You asked how one could have gotten the opportunity to shake hands with CJH and SJH at the meet-and-greet @ Square2.  To do that, you must have tickets for the EC Fan Meet, before you can join the queue.  When I went for the meet-and-greet, I hadn't bought the EC FM ticket yet, so nope, I didn't get to shake hands with them either.  Even though it was crazy busy at the venue and I couldn't really see nor hear anything, as I would have emphasized many times in my recap :) , I still had a lot of fun being a crazy fan girl.  When I was growing up, I was never mad enough to do such things for any celebrity and could never understand why people do such things (haha), so this was a whole new experience for me even though I'm much older now and way past the fan-girling stage.  I felt like I was re-living my teenage years, so it was real good fun.  Don't feel regretful that you didn't manage to see him this round.  There will be other opportunities and if both of you are fated to meet, you will one day, no matter how long it takes. :)

@sunshine4ever @yeekrfan2 - I was reading SJH's fan letters and realised that mine was missed out! I'd written one for SJH as well, but I had written it before the one I wrote to CJH, so quite some time back.  It was in the same PM trail to sunshine4ever. But really, no matter :)  If it's not fated to be, it's not right?  Don't worry about it at all.  I don't think this will be the last time I see both of them anyway :D - hopefully next time, I can pass on my letters/gifts to them myself.

@sunshine4ever @yeekrfan2 @mdolphins @booha - Actually the whole experience still feels very surreal. I still have very many things to say about CJH after having seen him, my own reflections and insights.  It's gonna turn into another super-mega long post so if you all don't mind, would you mind listening to me and hearing me out once I've had time to piece it together?  I seem to owe many people super long posts now, haha.  About CJH's singing, @mdolphins - his voice was great as usual.  It didn't matter to me that his voice broke at the start of the song.  He was very sincere in his delivery of the song, and I felt that completely.  It was not an easy song for him to sing, given PSH's 'The Way We Loved' was way out of his vocal range, but he tried nonetheless and that really touched me.  It would have been easier for him to sing his own OST in EC, and I was really surprised he didn't choose to do so.  Even during the 2nd song, instead of choosing that, he went for his GFB OST song.  I know he mentioned before that he actually loves the GFB song very much and he can probably sing it effortlessly by now so he decided to go for that instead.  His delivery in the GFB song was very smooth, much more steady, reeked of confidence and it showed on stage whereas the PSH song was a little more shaky and it showed in his body language too.  Watching him sing live is a whole different experience altogether.  The tone of his voice is very rich and he could definitely head down the singer route if he wanted to.  I would buy his albums!  HAHA.  Even though we weren't supposed to take videos, I too, took a video of him singing the entire GFB song in my phone and it's definitely a very precious one to me.  The video and sound quality isn't very good since I was so far back and the ones Polaris Cat posted were much better, so I'm not going to bother to upload it.  But I'm definitely gonna watch it from time to time, whenever I think about CJH and the whole FM experience, so I can relive the precious memories.

@Sunshine4ever - Nope, I didn't take notes at the FM, haha, I based everything on memory. I was of course staring intently at CJH all the time, even when it was SJH's turn.  Actually I was very worried for him, throughout the FM.  He was very nervous and I was very nervous for him, seeing him so nervous. :)  @booha - you are right about the many times I watched and re-watched the Jap FM video.  Maybe that's why I could read his body language even though I was so far away.  I don't blame the reporters for writing the way that they did, since they don't know him at all.   

Oh dear, this has turned into a super long post again. I still have many things to say, but I need to go run some errands now so another time perhaps.  Sigh. 

Edit: @booha, I wanted to add quickly that when I first saw that fan-edit photo of CJH dancing (your post above) in my half-awake state, it didn't hit me then that it was a superimposed photo of CJH's head at first and I was thinking to myself - "Really?  He can dance like that? I could never have imagined him in such a pose..."  Then I realised someone stuck his head on.  HAHAHAHA. 

celes80 said:

@tiaraisnap - You asked how one could have gotten the opportunity to shake hands with CJH and SJH at the meet-and-greet @ Square2.  To do that, you must have tickets for the EC Fan Meet, before you can join the queue.  When I went for the meet-and-greet, I hadn't bought the EC FM ticket yet, so nope, I didn't get to shake hands with them either.  Even though it was crazy busy at the venue and I couldn't really see nor hear anything, as I would have emphasized many times in my recap :) , I still had a lot of fun being a crazy fan girl.  When I was growing up, I was never mad enough to do such things for any celebrity and could never understand why people do such things (haha), so this was a whole new experience for me even though I'm much older now and way past the fan-girling stage.  I felt like I was re-living my teenage years, so it was real good fun.  Don't feel regretful that you didn't manage to see him this round.  There will be other opportunities and if both of you are fated to meet, you will one day, no matter how long it takes. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

A video clip from the Emergency Couple Fans Meeting in Singapore (pay attention to the way he's sitting and responding to SJH's talking...I noticed that he didn't respond until the translator actually translates....poor thing!!! I will share more thoughts about him when I get a chance to actually watch the fans meeting clips :) anyway, hope he gets used to this though. But I think the Thailand one will be better because he will go by himself, no?)

credits to Song Ji Hyo Baidu Bar and thanks to @fdsafdsas at EC thread for posting

@celes80, I believe that the picture inside the spoiler tag that @booha shared was Rain's body and I think Jin Hyuk's fan just put on Jin Hyuk's  head. :) Anyway, I can't wait until I see him dance, but from the one his fans posted earlier, he did a good job dancing from the past! And thank you for your forgiveness. I am so sorry that your letter for Song Ji Hyo was missing. :( That was what I dreaded most because I had to double check every time to see if I included everyone's letter. Maybe I missed yours. I am deeply sorry.~~~ I love what you wrote about Hyuk Hyuk. Your insights and your views of what you saw just made me love him more for being so considerate and think of other people far away. Whether you are a VIP or far away, I don't think it matters to him and it's the truth, no, @celes80? You were kind of far away, too? But you really loved him just as much or more than the VIP people. So I like the fact that you gave me some insights to the fact that our Hyuk Hyuk thinks more of those people far away. And thank you for analyzing the situation. I'm not over the people who were shouting out Gary's name and I hope you won't be offended in anyway, but I don't think it was proper or appropriate to be doing that to Jin Hyuk if you're attending his fans meeting. I mean it's a combo of both, but still think it shouldn't be done.~~~ I hope he won't let other people's immaturity affects him, but I just didn't that when I heard that coming from Emergency Couple fans meeting. >___<

I didn't get a chance to watch the clip about him and his insights on his girlfriend, but oh my....I guess that's one quality he shares with Chang Min. lol...maybe that was the reason why JH and his relationship with the co-star MDTF didn't work out because of that? What's your insights on that?

Guest twisti

Hi, I just joined the forum today. Just wanted to share that Jin Hyuk is really a sweet and thoughtful guy. During the group photo shoot session for cat 1 holders at the fan meet, he noticed that I was uncomfortable as I was sandwiched between him and the person on my right. He immediately made space for me and asked me if I am all right. I replied that I am okay. After the photo taking is done I quickly approached him and thank for that. He then initiated a hug and of course I gladly accepted his hug. Thank you so much Jin Hyuk. Hope to see you again soon. And seriously I could feel his tight abs too

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi ladies, so I didn't watch the entire fans meeting for Singapore or Japan yet, but I saw the video that a Singapore hostess was interviewing him for Emergency Couple

And I think his expressions were very much similar to the fans meeting in Singapore above when he was sitting with Song Ji Hyo. From that video even with just the two of them and the camera (the hostess comes and interview video), Jin Hyuk rarely showed his eyes expression and/or looking at the hostess. Mostly he would look downward from the camera view and then sometimes looking at her. I guess maybe it's his way of showing politeness to her? I am not too sure, but all I know is that in America we mostly would like attention to be on us so we like to have people looking at us when talking, but for Asian culture sometimes it's not very polite to keep looking at the person that talks to you. I'm not sure, but at first I was watching the fan meeting video thinking that there was something wrong with him, but I thought his gestures were similar to when he gave interviews privately. Maybe some of you who observed him often can say something? Any insights, ladies?!

It can be difficult sometimes looking at him because he's not the type that is all SMILEY....I mean I would be smiling a lot when I'm nervous...maybe JH when he is nervous he looked like that? What do you say? I think there were way too many people at the FM event and plus it's not just a individual thing so he might be tensed about what or how to react?

Aigo. So I guess now I understand why Jin Hyuk said that being an actor being a tough part for him because he might not be someone who is good with a lot of people looking at him? I don't know, but here is what he said about being an actor. I just felt like at the Singapore fans meeting he showed his real expressions and it's not easy for him to hide how he really feels. He doesn't pretend although of course he is a good actor. And I witnessed this and I have to agree with what he said. I think he knows himself well enough. Anyway, talking about this to allow us to know him. I hope no one in here feels offensive in anyway in regards to how he reacts to the public. He did a good job singing. ^^

yVJOEuf.jpg
zHjxJ3Y.jpg
NldIdjH.jpg
1xHKFh0.jpg

Thanks @booha for BTS for JH's new movie God's Trick. Here are some captures.
C4tvlXs.jpg
RwBqHu3.jpg
54rEymj.jpg
jlrbdXG.jpg

-edit-
@celes80 in regards to what you said about his choosing song to sing. I like track 8 very much for EC so I'm so glad he actually sang it at the event. :) I know his singing isn't perfect, but you know I'm a fan of EC so I loved that song so it makes it more meaningful because the main actor of the show actually sings that song. lol. I don't know how to express that. But yeah, I love this
the most. Whoever recorded this I thank him/her very much for sharing it. ^^ And yes, I agree with you about him making an album!!! If  he doesn't do it for the public, it would be so great if he will do it for us. :) He can sell it at fan meeting and/or we can distribute it to each other and we can donate money and/or return money to him for his recording or something. :)

Good morning/afternoon/night Hyuk Hyuk girls! :)

Time for more Hyuk-hyuk pics!

Apple Daily in HK reported on the EC FM in Singapore.  The pics are really nice!

AppleDaily1_zps74243595.jpg

AppleDaily2_zpse340142a.jpg

AppleDaily3_zps0be39819.jpg

AppleDaily4_zps1bdc2d5c.jpg

Found some lovely videos of our CJH at his 1st Seoul FM on 10th May as well.  I especially love the 2nd one - which is a compilation of fan messages to him.  Some of them are so lovely.  It's nice to see our CJH receiving lots of love from his fans. 

Some more photos from his Fan Sign event in Busan yesterday.  Does anyone else think that the pages are still a bit bonkers?  I'm having trouble posting my pics and links.

His autograph:

BusanFM8_zps9ee04dff.jpg

Other photos:

BusanFM1_zpsbd1ded27.jpg 

BusanFM3_zps696bbde8.jpg

BusanFM5_zps1af36a04.jpg

Credits on photo. 

@twisti : Thanks for sharing that to Us , I am smiling when I read about what Choi Jin Hyuk did to U and that makes My Love to Him growing more and more . Btw, what Your reason come to that FM ? As Jin Hyuk Fans or RM Fans ? ^^
@celes80 : How can U always found great videos and photos of Him ? The things U share make My monday shining brightly , haha . .He is really awesome on that outfit in His Fans Signing , LOVE it :*
Btw , I just realize that there are 4 different kinds of beverage on His table :)) . Did He drink all of that ? He must be really thristy , LOL . .

@tiaraisnap said: @twisti : Thanks for sharing that to Us , I am smiling when I read about what Choi Jin Hyuk did to U and that makes My Love to Him growing more and more . Btw, what Your reason come to that FM ? As Jin Hyuk Fans or RM Fans ? ^^
@celes80 : How can U always found great videos and photos of Him ? The things U share make My monday shining brightly , haha . .He is really awesome on that outfit in His Fans Signing , LOVE it :*
Btw , I just realize that there are 4 different kinds of beverage on His table :)) . Did He drink all of that ? He must be really thristy , LOL . .

Guest sunshine4ever

@celes80, that's so hilarious! He has more bottles on the table. I wonder if they were for other staff members? Haha.

I just saw a bit of the interview posted on prior page and Jin Hyuk was talking about him and acting....very similar to what @booha had translated and I think this time it is with expression. ^^
nfIoJI3.jpg
BDjndM2.jpg
s3s3P29.jpg
CvUWY4e.jpg
yiv1oMk.jpg

After this he talks about how "Gu Family Book" boosted his confidence and how getting the lead role for Emergency Couple made him felt more accomplished.

And lastly he talked about him finding accomplishment for Emergency Couple. I felt like he just answered the question in my letter to him because I did ask him to celebrate his not-giving-up acting. :)
bZeJm6P.jpg

@booha, you are so awesome!! I was going to ask you if you could please translate the fan video, but you did it already.

-edited-
Oh my...I just read what @booha translated from the fans video. It made me want to tear up...I can't believe those fans and I never met, but we seemed to be saying the same thing. It seemed like our humanness is so much the same. I just felt like I was being so silly today thinking about how I got so affected by how Jin Hyuk was treated in the EC fans meeting. I laughed at myself and said that that is part of the journey. lol. Love what JH said to his fans and to the fans who made these videos, they are so awesome to have said those touching words to him. I hope he did get a chance to view it to know that there are a lot of us who are willing to go through with him from now all the rough stuffs (because in the past we didn't know him so we can't journey with him, but now we do, so he's not going to have to go through this all alone anymore!) I finally let go of what I thought was bothering me in the EC fans meeting. ^_^

booha said: @tiaraisnap said: @twisti : Thanks for sharing that to Us , I am smiling when I read about what Choi Jin Hyuk did to U and that makes My Love to Him growing more and more . Btw, what Your reason come to that FM ? As Jin Hyuk Fans or RM Fans ? ^^

Guest mdolphins

Thanks for the info @yeekrfan2 I am excited to see it, but at the same time I really hope the poor guy gets some rest soon so he doesn't end up becoming ill.

@celes80 : Haha , on the newest photo that U posted He has seven kinds of beverages and even there is 3 coffees with two bottles from same brand . Daebakkkk . .
@booha : Can't imagine how full His stomatch with all of that , I think He will directly go to bathroom after the end of fans signing . :P
@yeekrfan2 : That makes sense , but what a pity the fans who attended the fans signing can't see one of the best thing from Him : His eyes when He smile ^^ because He covered His eyes with that sunglasses . .