[drama 2000] Mr. Duke 신귀공자

Guest posole

Guest posole
[MBC] Choi Ji Woo & Kim Seung Woo
Mr. Duke / 신귀공자 Episodes: 16 Broadcasted by: MBC Broadcast During: 2000-07-12 to 2000-09-07 jbr901013_18.jpgjbr901013_19.jpgCast: Choi Ji Woo as Jang Soo-jin Kim Seung Wooas Kim Yong-nam Myung Kye Nam as Myung Gi-nam Kim Byung Se as Kang Sung-il Choi Jung Yoonas Joo Eun-ha Synopsis: This is a fantastic fairytale for grown-ups. A romantic summer night's dream of a man and a woman from a totally different environment, falling in love and getting happily married after all the turmoils. Soo-Jin (Choi Ji Woo) is a beautiful daughter of a rich enterprise owner, President Jang. She has been studying abroad until she returns upon on the notice of her father's sudden illness; which has been a made-up story to get her a husband while she is back home. Yet, Soo-Jin can't stand the parties that her father has organised in order to present her all the rich and famous husband candidates. Finally Soo-Jin's Mr. Duke (Kim Seung Woo) appears before her very sight but he is far from the prototype husband that her father has in mind. This drama is a roll of intersecting love and success and what's more, love can be the most meaningful motive when it comes to young couples.... Source: AsianDB.com Links: Hotelier2002 DramaWiki Koreanwiz Clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/posole

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this drama. It is a lighter one compare to all CJW dramas. One could see that she, (CJW as Soo Jin) doll up like a princess here, to show that she is a rich man daughter. On the other hand, Kim Seung Woo who act as Kim Yong Nam also looked different from his future role in Hotelier (2001). He is a cindefella, one who change his life once he met his princess.

There is many cute scenes and funny one especially with the director that had been Yong Nam landlord, Soo Jin secretary and many more.

Majority of the fans comments that they give this drama 4 out of 5 ratings.

CJW won excellent award from MBC in the year 2000, I am not very sure whether for this role or her role in Truth also produced by MBC in the year 2000. But what I am sure that this drama was among 10 most popular dramas in 2000.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

This drama was aired here in our country, the Philippines, a few months ago under the title DATE WITH TIFFANY..thanks for making a thread 'bout this..I'm very grateful as a Choi Ji Woo fan 'coz I've been looking for a thread 'bout this ages ago..as expected, my idol is very pretty and talented even in her old dramas..she

really looks like a princess here, with her elegant suits with matching tall & slender figure..this is a romantci comedy, a bit far from CJW's forte which is hardcore drama..I hope CJW will do a romantic comedy someday

Guest Choi Ji Woo

This drama was just okay..

And I didn't like the male lead.

But ChoiJiWoo is in it, so whatever.

I second the motion..IMO, Kim Seung Woo looks a bit old for Choi Ji Woo..sorry for his fans..that's my view..

Guest cathycasi21

This drama was just okay..

And I didn't like the male lead.

But ChoiJiWoo is in it, so whatever.

I second the motion..IMO, Kim Seung Woo looks a bit old for Choi Ji Woo..sorry for his fans..that's my view..

I third the motion...I totally agree. He difinitely looked too old for her.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

IMHO, Choi Ji Woo is prettiest in this drama haha sorry to her fans :D I love her best in this drama, very pretty!

Why would CJW's fans be sorry in this drama?! I think there's something wrong with your statement, hehehe!

Guest apple red

Am i the only one who likes the couple ?

Most people was go go over BYJ at Hotelier, while i was supported the lonely and smart and responsible Kim SW's role at Hotelier.

And in this dramas, he looks funny and cute at some moment. I dont think he looked old...he maybe not in "JDG and JWS handsome's class" catagory...but he's not old and ugly

Why would CJW's fans be sorry in this drama?! I think there's something wrong with your statement, hehehe!

I dont think she made wrong statement, because it wasnt the first comment she made i've read.

she want to said that Jiwoo looks ugly in others dramas...

But if Jiwoo looks ugly, what kind of looks will called pretty.... ???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Most people was go go over BYJ at Hotelier, while i was supported the lonely and smart and responsible Kim SW's role at Hotelier.

And in this dramas, he looks funny and cute at some moment. I dont think he looked old...he maybe not in "JDG and JWS handsome's class" catagory...but he's not old and ugly

I dont think she made wrong statement, because it wasnt the first comment she made i've read.

But if Jiwoo looks ugly, what kind of looks will called pretty.... ???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

hello, apple red..i think we've already met long ago, at the IN SEARCH OF LOVE thread, I was still Ariyoung, I mean, Ariyoung's my old username until old Soompi forums borke down and the new one came into view..

I'm sorry if I've offended you a little bit, for it seems that you're a fan, or at least you like Kim Seung Woo..I didn't say that he's ugly, I only pointed out his chemistry with CJW which was a little bit awkward for me, was it only my eyes who noticed it during the drama's airing period here in the Philippines?! Sorry again, girl.

Ji Woo looked prettiest in Beautiful Days & Stairway To Heaven..especially when she wore those bridal gowns

which are very stunning because they matched well with ther slender & tall figure..absolutely elegant..phew!!!

that forumer is nuts, CJW's very pretty in all of her dramas & movies..but everyone is entitled to opinions...

Guest apple red

hello, apple red..i think we've already met long ago, at the IN SEARCH OF LOVE thread, I was still Ariyoung, I mean, Ariyoung's my old username until old Soompi forums borke down and the new one came into view..

I'm sorry if I've offended you a little bit, for it seems that you're a fan, or at least you like Kim Seung Woo..I didn't say that he's ugly, I only pointed out his chemistry with CJW which was a little bit awkward for me, was it only my eyes who noticed it during the drama's airing period here in the Philippines?! Sorry again, girl.

Ji Woo looked prettiest in Beautiful Days & Stairway To Heaven..especially when she wore those bridal gowns

which are very stunning because they matched well with ther slender & tall figure..absolutely elegant..phew!!!

that forumer is nuts, CJW's very pretty in all of her dramas & movies..but everyone is entitled to opinions...

Hey Choi jiwoo :D ..yeah i know who you are.

I mean before now...we talked a bit at one thread (after this forum rebuild), couldt remember well who's thread and i remind you to made a new thread of yr fav actor.

And dont apologise to me...your doesnt sound basher in my view :rolleyes: i didnt mean that you bismirch Kim SW. Just to display my point about my opinion.

You know what, one thing i noticed about CJW is , if she acted alongside someone she respected a lot, she will feel awkward and cautius. LBH is one thing (BD) and Kim SW. She once said that she respects him a lot and they are good friends.

Now we see she also feel a bit awkward with Yutaka because she respects him a lot too....

that's maybe explained why their chemistry wasnt so touch...in this term i agree with you.

Guest ellabel

This drama was aired here in our country, the Philippines, a few months ago under the title DATE WITH TIFFANY..thanks for making a thread 'bout this..I'm very grateful as a Choi Ji Woo fan 'coz I've been looking for a thread 'bout this ages ago..as expected, my idol is very pretty and talented even in her old dramas..she

really looks like a princess here, with her elegant suits with matching tall & slender figure..this is a romantci comedy, a bit far from CJW's forte which is hardcore drama..I hope CJW will do a romantic comedy someday

CJW is in a romantic sex comedy movie, Everybody has a Secret, not too long ago.

I've not seen her tho in a romantic comedy drama yet.

IMHO, Choi Ji Woo is prettiest in this drama haha sorry to her fans :D I love her best in this drama, very pretty!

But if Jiwoo looks ugly, what kind of looks will called pretty.... ???? :lol:

:lol: apple, i know of one person who also like the couple... carmina... ;)

Dont worry, altho i like BYJ, i also like the role of KSW in Hotelier and was rooting for him also.

I think you got Demen wrong.. she said prettiest which mean she is still pretty in her other dramas except for Demen she's at her best in Duke. This i totally agree and she doesnt even have to say "sorry". Playing an heiress will justify her beautiful clothes and well coiffured hair. She's absolutely gorgeous here... flawless!!! :w00t:

all dear,

sorry that my comments made you confused :D

you know I watched nearly all of Ji Woo's dramas & movies except the one w/ Yutaka and i like Mr. Duke the best

I think you got Demen wrong.. she said prettiest which mean she is still pretty in her other dramas except for Demen she's at her best in Duke. This i totally agree and she doesnt even have to say "sorry". Playing an heiress will justify her beautiful clothes and well coiffured hair. She's absolutely gorgeous here... flawless!!!

thats what i mean :D

Guest moonwater

Great... this is one of the greatest drama I've ever watch....but is this series still uploading ? posole clubbox has only 6 eps.... Yeah, also agree that CJW is prettiest in this drama ^^

Guest posole

Great... this is one of the greatest drama I've ever watch....but is this series still uploading ? posole clubbox has only 6 eps.... Yeah, also agree that CJW is prettiest in this drama ^^

yes i am going to upload the whole series.

i wouldnt start something without completing it.

just give me some time to rip the rest of the episodes and upload them :P

Guest TammyChi

haven't finish watching it, found it at the library. haha. and yes Choi Ji Woo looks really young compare to her in heaven's wedding gown. the drama is alright, wow some of the scenes are from philipines. interesting. haha.

Guest luvxholic

i remember really liking this drama i really like ksw he's such a good actor even in hotelier i rooted for him over byj. CJW looked soo pretty in this drama...oh my it's been 6 yearss!!!

Archived