Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

3a2a222af1d13fc8340c414966f9bc5a0f20c692

"As soon as the leather dress came out before the Pink Ball Open, actor Kim So-yeon put it on in the drama Penthouse. This is a glory  As expected, it is so elegant and looks good at the awards ceremony. The drama is awesome."

source Bridal Kong Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CG4lh1zAPO-/

Yes, she is so elegant. I really like her outfits and jewleries in this drama. There will be so many good clothes to see.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, larus said:

As I comment on Penthouse thread episode 2, after watchging episode 2 it is officially for me. The worst drama choice for Kim So Yeon and I watched everything it was available from her projects. This drama is extremely ridiculous that even if I tried to not take it serious, I failed to see any logic and common sense in the writing.  I lasted 6 episodes of Kim Sun Ok`s latest drama (the Last Empress) but I surrender at ep 2 this time. Maybe I will continue to watch for Kim So yeon but I won`t commnet on the drama thread anymore because I don`t want to annoy the people who enjoy watching this drama with my rants/ lamentations.

I would have dropped this drama so fast after ep 2 but I still hesitate because I want to see Soyeon. :tears:

I am sad, really. I want to know that Soyeon will do another drama, more watchable for me.

I know your feeling laurus, but we have to expected this as writer is Makjang queen. But there are people who like this kind of drama, it is addictive ,entertaining and give extreme emotions to viewers though sometimes plot is out of the frame and senseless.”Drama is a drama. I wish i next drama she would act tvn drama like ‘ My Mister’ slow pace drama but have  a sense of reality and rational character development. But when come to think for her career, it is somehow good because she is now in good rating drama  . She is in spot light again. Most of her pervious drama are even not flop but not good in rating or muxh popular. In very  competitive Korea Entertainment industry, it is rare chance to grab good role. Sso herself need to wait so long to finally get the villain role again in 20 yrs.

Anyway, one good things is that even she play villain role in penthous, most people commend for her strong acting and beautiful visual in drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@dsgam95 I love your post. I share the same sentiment. As I`ve already mentioned, I understand why she chose Kim Sun Ok`s drama. I really enjoy the quiet, good dramas with heart, who portray human nature more realistical  but an actor/actress needs to be visible sometimes. I also want So yeon in a popular drama but something equally good, that have quality in writing/ plot. How I wish this day will come for her. If doing Penthouse she will get exposer and people are talking about her and about her acting I will be pleased. Fingers crossed that she will capture people`s interests with this drama. If the drama is succesful, more drama offers will come from here. I hope.

• Like 2

Kim So-yeon reveals the behind-the-scenes cut of a pictorial

PS20102900108.jpg

The behind-the-scenes cut of actor Kim So-yeon's photo shoot was released.

On the 29th, JWIDE COMPANY additionally unveiled the behind-the-scenes stills of actor Kim So-yeon with fashion magazine “Noblesse”.

In the published photo, Kim So-yeon boasted a beauty that could be called A-cut.

Kim So-yeon wore a white dress and gave off an alluring atmosphere. Then, she perfectly digested the pink dress and gold color outfit.

On the other hand, Kim So-yeon is fully transformed from the SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Penthouse” to the role of “Cheon Seo-jin”, raising expectations for her future performance.

Spoiler

01569674c23bfc86278b853c3dcf0f93c5f2c313

1e56e3685d38a4b9276d2367201de1dda2af269a

a0d2d592b6592415ee5cb5ac818aeacd01a76191

http://res.heraldm.com/phpwas/restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=202010290919292258991_20201029092007_01.jpg

sourses

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010290919292258991_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG6ZwMUJpiW/

More BTS pictures from So Yeon`s Noblesse pictorial (October 2020)

cb5c44dd9015e0883370b40998ab310c6c4c2281

b115ab37720f37126895d4e66b6b5c16e6bcddd0

Spoiler

6ac56ae963ea0fb08f134d598a89ae424884fcfa

bb93b186418b2f55106e85ac52fa1bf0b6cb476b

069d55c6858e7d87dc0b1c588411d31172971812

86e2aa50f534e8ced10db0514474e81e3ca59381

daeb559667190757b04784cde57a671250cb1182

66856d0b7967937f59458f582dcc511e4257f2f8

02d3276612014befc217b76345e1b0b555d2eb21

138d17106553654eee45dd8458f72e909bbda549

3873b8420c8ff5a33359558cd21b64125cb81e83

f2d138d42ed4b27c13c98ecf7d0b0e191ad427b0

4e8539ea133726d637725f36e1c085765a1ec69b

1308350a9ce5ec1bb704ebccb8ca3c376994c31c

91f519d9757bfb9715be1bf2f8d0d4c6ef47f4a7

133b9f64fd4d77f682c7cf5dd055f1458688a783

3e61e682d75326f8c11e07007e6a363356a8b3f8

28646bb778b943c2269814084e8b96afcd828b7f

fb16beda363526c2dfd5261e7d5a1ca95509ebbb

390395dfe2a1490342b3294820f614b3d1cc0fbb

05e2cdefcbd2e3bd44a5bb090e7c8e6f7e8bd869

7720bcd1df1efb40c345c7904ec4d6aa652c8760

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG7hLqqnYFW/

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29454701&memberNo=2127174

• Like 3

2 hours ago, larus said:

@dsgam95 I love your post. I share the same sentiment. As I`ve already mentioned, I understand why she chose Kim Sun Ok`s drama. I really enjoy the quiet, good dramas with heart, who portray human nature more realistical  but an actor/actress needs to be visible sometimes. I also want So yeon in a popular drama but something equally good, that have quality in writing/ plot. How I wish this day will come for her. If doing Penthouse she will get exposer and people are talking about her and about her acting I will be pleased. Fingers crossed that she will capture people`s interests with this drama. If the drama is succesful, more drama offers will come from here. I hope.

Same thoughts here , as the drama success, she will be in spot light again.So she could  receive more offers (CF, Editorial, and dramas).Cheon Seo Jin could be her turning point for her career life again just like Iris Sunhwa and Young mi.

If not now when ? But it is relief People  recognize and appreciate for her acting talent and beauty even she play awful villain character.

I am quite sure she won’t chose same character or genre for her next project.She once said because of her Young mi character success ,she got many same role offers ( it could be villain role ) so she keep refusing for many offers, that’s why her popularity drop untill she come back with Gourment and Iris.As Penthouse is so makjang and intense , she will choose some romance comedy or heart-warming drama for her next project.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dsgam95 said:

As Penthouse is so makjang and intense , she will choose some romance comedy or heart-warming drama for her next project.

I don`t mind if she will chose melodrama, an intense drama or another villain roles as long it is not in makjang or crazy makjang drama. So Yeon is the only one who will make me watch something I definitely avoid. :)

In Penthouse, despite the nonsense moments,  I like that she has many scenes. She has many contacts (she has scenes with her family, the moms and their children, Joo Dan Tae, the teachers, she has a family on screen (father, mother, sister).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bananacad said:

Hello Chingus!

Glad to be back to support our fav actress again! 

Just wanted to pop in to say hi again after such a long time XD. 

Looking forward to more discussions!

Best,

Hi! So happy to see you again. I am glad that you came back to support our girl. I look forward to the discussions. It is better to not be alone her. I don`t like drama Penthouse because of the writing but I want to support So yeon in this. I look forward to read your impressions about the drama and So yeon`s character.

• Like 1

@larus and all other KSY supporters,

Thanks for the video. This video created must be a long time loyal fan of her.

After watching this, I noticed i did not watch all of her drama, but below listed are what I watched so far :

• All About Eve  (gain my attention because of her beauty in this drama)
  • Sunlight (watch a bit)
  • IRIS 
  • Process Prosecutor
  • Dr. Champ 
  • IRIS 2
  • I need Romance 3
  • Beating Again 
  • Happy Home
  • Secret Mother 
  • Mother of Mine
  • Penthouse 
  • We got married variety show

For penthouse, am I the odd one that I don't like her heavy make-up and the black hair colour (although I am fully aware that all these made up and fashion styles are meant to be symbolised the rich, the evil and full of power role). But why always wearing in black? I hope that i can see some other colours in the coming EP. She has perfect body shape, her light skin tone is suitable for all kinds of colour, i hope she can wear more colours instead of black.

A thin/slim person wearing full black dress or tight black skirt, and with black hair colour that made her look old like a "witch" with hot red lipstick that she put on (sorry to say that, I am also her supporter but I just felt disappointed to see this). i know the writer's intention is to make her role into villain and evil, which will exemplify her characteristics that are diametrically opposed to those of the good ones in the drama, but we are not in a fairy tale that telling the kids how the bad people should "look" like, I prefer the writer not to emphasize too much on her "dark" look, but rather focus on her acting performance which we have never doubted all this while. Oh dear....i really hope the writer or makeup artist can do something better for her....my only wish for this drama. 

• Like 3

Kdrama fashion

3007f2120a3179febb7ef23c12a1d056061399a3

f5ffe1a11cbd8f43f38e1b1d2c8bc7576ad1b341

1018370ca763d9ea5af72435f4b5807f6dd3323d

Spoiler

acfd753b8d27ad81443fc0ea0623712ffe89797f

0f7016a06c596db60bb02d983a0811a10c956163

1ff17c01b30eaba1b205d510e396e2863096ddf6

319e3fdeba7c03602c2e301db2ef15e6a6f25455

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

A thin/slim person wearing full black dress or tight black skirt, and with black hair colour that made her look like a "witch" with hot red lipstick that she put on

That`s the idea. I personally love her style in this drama but it is not So yeon`s style. Seo Jin is the witch of Penthouse. Or like Morticia Adams style. :) I see in other dramas that strong female chaarcters or the villainesses have a heavy make-up and always intense red lipstick (I can see why). Considering how everything in Penthouse drama is over the top, the style fits perfectly.

I loved to see her wearing other colors too and she already wore red, yellow, electric blue, light blue/turquoise.

And I want her (and other actresses) to wear color in real life too not only black, white or nude. Add grey. These are the colors majority of actresses wear. A trend in Korea.

Welcome back, @lebeaucouple! How do you find Penthouse drama?

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

After watching this, I noticed i did not watch all of her drama, but below listed are what I watched so far :

I watched or checked most all the project from the video. :D

I think the video missed a few dramas. Two Chinese projects, the drama where she played a dancer (a dancer:lol:), Trio (where she her character played violin).

• Like 3

@larus

As mentioned, this drama is NOT a fairy tale that telling the kids how the bad people should "look" like, there should not be too clear line to distinguish between the good one and the bad one just based on the look, there should be some grey areas and hidden areas if we discover slowly. We are now gradually understand the backstory for all the 3 female leads. If you mentioned Cheon Seo Jin is the witch of Penthouse, then Joo Dan-Tae will be the warlock of Penthouse. :lol: Obviously, putting on different lipstick colour tone could tell the character of each female lead. The strong lipstick colour represents for power while the light colour stands for gentle or the weak one. Question is Do we really need to emphasize their makeup look to tell audience that they are either good or bad person? Many drama and movies using the actors' facial expression, their script wordings and special acting skills to showcase their bad intention without emphasizing too much on their makeup look. Makeup is just ancillary. This world is not purely a black and white world, there are also many grey areas. It would be sad to see this drama made it too stereotypes that it's not reflecting the real world.

I am not sure how the writer will develop their characters and storyline, but I can see all the characters already pre-defined the good ones vs the bad ones, and because there are too many character in pairs involved in this drama, the writer may not have enough screen time prepared equally for all of them.

About the story content, it is very similar to Sky Castle and Beautiful World previous drama (the latter one is so much meaningful than Sky Castle), key focus on child abuse and how the different parents react to the matter and handle it in different approaches. We need to see how the story unfold in the coming EP, but I am glad that actor Shin Sung-rok did not pick up this drama, instead, he had chosen "Kairos" drama which is so much better than Penthouse at the moment. Both started on same date. Let's see how both drama evolve before we can conclude it.

BTW, currently my top favourite to watch is Search and Start up for weekends drama. :popcornjackson:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I am not sure how the writer will develop their characters and storyline, but I can see all the characters already pre-defined the good ones vs the bad ones, and because there are too many character in pairs involved in this drama, the writer may not have enough screen time prepared equally for all of them.

Yes, the writer pre-deifined the characters and I am afraid what we see is what we will get. Do you believe that the writer will develop her characters? I am pesimistic.

I agree that it should not be used excessively the accessories as a stereotype. While these are a part of the characterization of characters, they should not be the center of attention.  

Seo Jin is a vamp, female fatale and uses strong colors,  Su Ryun , a delicate flower  and has refined clothes . Yoon hee (after she became rich ) should be portrayed on  like a "nouveau riche"?

A  Korean critic said about "Penthouse", "It has a similar setting to 'SKY Castle', but the texture of the work is completely different. 'SKY Castle' approaches the problem of private education with a polite and serious approach, but'Penthouse' is a series of exaggerations and excesses". I agree (and who wouldn`t?). I would have liked that this drama to look like Sky Castle or Wonderful World. But writer who is famous for her makjang dramas deliberately used the exaggerations to create scandal. Perhaps she doesn`t know how to write stories with depth  but she sure knows how to attract viewers with contrived stories. She uses the raw emotions of people who want to see …scandal. She gives them circus. And of course, circus is not a bad thing per se. I do watch circus representations from time to time but it is not my favorite thing and I don`t watch only circus.   

I had almost a year to prepare mentally for this show (and I failed). While watching other villains in other dramas I thought of Seo Jin (So Yeon`s character) and I had wished to see something like those characters. It is easy for a writer to create a dislikable character. It doesn`t have to do much. Just normal things: a coward who keep a blind eye in front of injustice, be more greedy than usual, a lier, a cheater. And so on. Even good people can make mistakes and became an antagonist. But Kim Sun ok`s villain has to do all the capital SINS from the book and do all kind of bad things. I am glad that so far Seo Jin is not crazy but she doesn`t have much to get there.

I wanted to talk about why people behave in a certain way, what choices they make and its consequesces but I could not do that because I am blinded by the flashes on this drama. There are too much much scream than I can bare. Perhaps we`ll talk about Seo Jin later. Why she is like that, what she is thinking, why behave like this. I hope we`ll have more insides. But I don`t have expectations. We`ll see.

103727171.1.jpg

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201031/103727172/1

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to Kim So Yeon 김소연 - Current Drama: Penthouse