Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Someone uploaded some pictures with young So Yeon when she got an award for her debut role, the Best Young Actress in 1994 and Viewer's Favorite Character in 2000.

She received the Viewer`s Favorite Character for villainess Heo Young Mi in All About Eve with almost 20000 votes more than the second candidate.  If Cheon Seo Jin is more vicious than Young Mi, I hope this time she will create another memorable character, that people won`t forget easily.

398bbbb8323cc1dc1c9c3b3282274f06f2ae39be

2bbb9946849fba88787dfb0d7abc40edda7ac36d

0009572b425e5b15208d76c7ee8aa708095e1d1c

The actress in the background is Won Mi-kyung, who played So yeon`s mother in Happy Home? It looks like her.

Spoiler

4fa4e11dbb9a76721f51db8255ae6437ba7b4fea

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwYXyHMzgJ/

• Like 1

More pictures from the poster shooting

0911788467ea82245e25fbb5ea5050b7da108f94

e23cc26b0d7c27263fa9ab05a25b72f3aef55a71

Spoiler

e742000073a42b42bf7bd2e5ae31f897acbcc5ec

7a0c78cf4d46c0ebb84b75aebb7a406c14d7e613

5d890a02ac22642ab8de0f90a222bb85d90ee05d

4212adcceac9f03fd1a20760f812255093f34ec4

Sources

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyzjXDpFLx/

More pictures

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29757381&memberNo=2127174&vType=VERTICAL

Kim So yeon, Lee Ji ah and Eugene have aprticipated at a radio show today.

bab76b0aa3835bec729907e36950f1e2a6e0d42c

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGy_-b4AMwl/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGy_-b4AMwl/

Thouse watching points
#Storm development #Intensity The reason why you must first shoot today!!

Suspense revenge play <Penthouse>
☞ Today (26th, Monday) 10:10 pm First broadcast

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzDd4ZjCJ7/

For me the major point is Kim So yeon. For her I will watch even if I won`t like the drama.  I am ready to see my girl on screen.

They even highlighted how Seo Jin and  So yeon are so different. :lol:

h4dcKM.gif

• Like 2

Arriving at SBS Power FM "Cul Two Show"

Pictures

19c4a355cd025efe2b25dd07e7971c1a7727ee61

Kim So yeon, Lee Ji Ah and eugene with the host/MCs of the radio program

70bdd6870f6785c500cb02c76a05bb72a380fdb4

More pictures and videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzKjlfJdYF/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzJcEYgPAr/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGzI_mXj8Cv/

Gifs

Spoiler

J06lx5.gif

YhIT2s.gif

• Like 2

Cult 2 Show' Eugene "The'Penthouse' accessory food is also high quality, sometimes cheap.
Actress Eugene made a laugh when she said that she ate the food prepared as a prop.

optimize

Spoiler

202010261349332110_1.jpg

202010261505532110_1.jpg

Jia Lee introduced, "I will appear in the SBS new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse.' Our'Penthouse' is a drama about the war related to real estate and education in Korea. It is very fierce." Yujin said, "It will be aired for the first time at 10:10 tonight. It's been filming for over 6 months, so I'm more nervous. There is still a bit of filming in the back. All three of our characters are strong, different and changeless. It will be fun to watch. Emphasized.

Yujin said, "My role as Oh Yoon-hee has a very unfortunate past and has been destroyed a lot of dreams. I am a single mother who raises a 16-year-old daughter alone while living like that because I didn't have it. I devote my life to my daughter's success. Not expensive. I lived in a neighborhood and went to an expensive neighborhood. How I made money is a secret. If you look at it, you can see it. I struggled a lot.”

In addition, Lee Ji-ah said, "My character, Shim Su-ryun, is a natural rich man who has never been poor. Everyone is envious, but he has bigger and deeper wounds than anyone else. The appearance is elegant and noble, but the inner is tough. The driving is unstoppable. He is a tough character on a motorcycle and a motorcycle. This is not the image of a penthouse wife that I think universally."

Kim So-yeon added, "I played the role of the famous soprano Cheon Seo-jin. It is a queen bee in a penthouse. I played a villain with a cold energy."

Jia Lee said, "The audio in our house is about 600 million won. The set is enormous. I have never seen such a large set. It should have a two-story house, but the first floor is too big to raise the second floor. So, so The second floor was made with another set in another place,” she explained.

The story of the characters in the'Penthouse' that each cast member took was also mentioned. Kim So-yeon said, "I've been a villain in 20 years since'All about Eve'. I've been waiting for this role.  I wanted to play an intense acting, in the script had to shout more than I thought, and my eyes look like this. “When I monitored at home, I could see whites. I thought I was so soft. I was relieved of my stress. I wanted to be able to do well, but it was perfect. Now I wanted to meet you.” Trembled.

Yujin also said, "Actually, I don't have that desire. But I have to express my desire while acting, I have to show the whites of my eyes and close my eyes. It was not easy to do this, but it was surprisingly fun. I sympathized. Lee Ji-ah added, "I was in charge of Shim Su-ryun because there are parts that spread differently from the elegant appearance. I can't actually do that, but I screamed very cool in the drama."

DJ Kim Tae-gyun, who heard this, laughed, saying, "It's a drama that relieves stress for all three. It seems like a complete healing drama for the three."

Finally, Yujin said, "Please love me a lot and support me a lot for the first broadcast of'Penthouse'." Jia Lee stressed, "It's 10:10 pm. Please watch and look forward to it. It's really really fun." Kim So-yeon also said, "Please, please be a regular shooter. Love you a lot."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202010261505532110

I can`t see how this intense characters who had to shout a lot could be stressed releaved for the actors but that`s my number one problem in Kim Sun ok`s dramas. I hate the scenes while the characters yell, hit one another all the time. I could not resisted The Last Empress very much , just 6 episodes. I watched some videos of The Last Empress or other famous dramas of Kim Sun ok and I hate it so much the conflict she brings in her dramas. I just thought this time it will be a little different. Because the women are in the upper class, I thought they will show more restraint but I doubt. In the last dramas the characters were in the royal family and they acted like low class/slum people all the time.  I`ve already heard a lot of shouting in the preview. Poor Soyeon! I feel you. She had to shout more than she thought and she made the eyes look so big to express an extremely frustrated and angry character. I saw this expression in all of crazy makjang dramas. I personally will not wish for anything but to be able to resist all 40 episodes. For the cast and crew to be a success.

• Like 2

I didn`t like the first episode of drama Penthouse much but I`ve already knew that I won`t like Kim Sun Ok`s style. But I enjoyed watching So Yeon. I think I will love to make gifs from her scenes. 

Seductress Seo Jin

acqtZQ.gif

zzZQVE.gif

N2DEBV.gif

Spoiler

OXm_7i.gif

dTqyPq.gif

I laugh at this scene

dl2sk-.gif

lv5bGi.gif

_EL0u-.gif

uv3MFL.gif

C_5Sgz.gif

Don`t mess with Seo Jin

v6px4p.gif

D20CUz.gif

I think the husband suspects these two :)

Seo Jin is costumed in Marie Antoinette?

9lEPDx.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

I guess the new drama will attract the general public, mostly due to the character parallels of Eugene and So Yeon. However, this is not something she hasn't done before. It's less exciting than expected.

I have not expected  much but I am kind of sad that I was not wrong. The drama has the vibes of a telenovela (a soap opera style of plot) with lots of shouting, ugly cat fights between women, secrets, crazy people and outrageous actions. It had attracted the public with the first episode due to the good promotion and let see if it they can mentain the interest. If I look at other dramas of Kim Sun Ok, the public likes this kind of stories. I hope this is a succes as well. I want it for SoYeon mostly and for the other cast.  She did the woman rivaly in all About Eve but I think Young Mi was a better written character than Seo Jin. I hope I will be wrong. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, larus said:

I have not expected  much but I am kind of sad that I was not wrong. The drama has the vibes of a telenovela (a soap opera style of plot) with lots of shouting, ugly cat fights between women, secrets, crazy people and outrageous actions. It had attracted the public with the first episode due to the good promotion and let see if it they can mentain the interest. If I look at other dramas of Kim Sun Ok, the public likes this kind of stories. I hope this is a succes as well. I want it for SoYeon mostly and for the other cast.  She did the woman rivaly in all About Eve but I think Young Mi was a better written character than Seo Jin. I hope I will be wrong. 

Exactly. Young Mi was better written. There's a reason why people still talk about Young Mi to this day. I think the producers of Penthouse want to use that hype.

So Yeon should be cast in arthouse films like those of "Wong Kar Wai" or "Ang Lee". She's far better than these typical roles. Well, at least for me, Prosecutor Princess is still a standout.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

So Yeon should be cast in arthouse films like those of "Wong Kar Wai" or "Ang Lee". She's far better than these typical roles. Well, at least for me, Prosecutor Princess is still a standout.

I was satisfied with her character choices because I saw a different kind of characters. She did good and I am glad that she had offers and made mostly good dramas. I wish her an outstanding role/project. I totally understrand her wish to play an intense role and I wanted that for her too. I understand why she chose Kim Sun Ok`s drama (she is famous) and I am not disappointed by her Seo jin. It is just that I want her to play in a meaningful project, something that has heart/ feelings, something important. Not necessarily a bigger project, at least a good drama that can remain in the public`s heart or mind. Even playing a villainess.

Ep 2 scene Penthouse

Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So yeon) and Ju Dan-tae (Eom Gi-jun) enjoy a date in their own private place, and Min Seol-ah (Jo Su-min) secretly captures it.

Gifs

cLnXCQ.gif

I don`t think Seo Jin knew what to really expect from her affair with Joo Dan Tae. He is showing signs of possessiveness. I won`t be surprised if they will kill each other eventually. :)

0c9KID.gif

Spoiler

Ap_bye.gif

PYIMql.gif

I love to see SoYeon`s outfits in drama Penthouse. She is so ellegant and she is wearing beautiful clothes. I can`t wait to see what she will wear next. 

Balmain dress

a4f234abd7910c61d86b7fa1a26de39d0c840ebd

Moschino dress

f27bf39855ea9e28a742d787f52835d4bbf199ae

I love her red coat as well.

BAU dress

2bf97980919f4f9f2fbd16fbf33467533b5dd81f

• Like 2

As I comment on Penthouse thread episode 2, after watchging episode 2 it is officially for me. The worst drama choice for Kim So Yeon and I watched everything it was available from her projects. This drama is extremely ridiculous that even if I tried to not take it serious, I failed to see any logic and common sense in the writing.  I lasted 6 episodes of Kim Sun Ok`s latest drama (the Last Empress) but I surrender at ep 2 this time. Maybe I will continue to watch for Kim So yeon but I won`t commnet on the drama thread anymore because I don`t want to annoy the people who enjoy watching this drama with my rants/ lamentations.

I would have dropped this drama so fast after ep 2 but I still hesitate because I want to see Soyeon. :tears:

I am sad, really. I want to know that Soyeon will do another drama, more watchable for me.