Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

11 hours ago, bananacad said:

I was quite surprised when I saw the news today too. Was it because in the last two years she hasn’t been getting any drama roles ?

ive also thought she and Namoo fit well. But maybe also because her manager got promoted last year so she’s not getting as great suppot as before ?

I don`t think it was the agency`s fault that she did not have any projects in the last two years. She did have a role in weekend drama Father is Strange but she dropped out because her upcoming wedding. Sometimes an agency can push for their actors for a certain project (if that company has been involved in drama production) but in majority of cases, they just receive the offers for their actors and maybe had something to say about a project. We all know that the actresses after a certain age, don`t get the offer as before. 

Her manager got a promotion but he still supported her (he uploaded pictures on his Instagram, was with her at the photoshoot). But we don`t know what is really going on behind the scene. She had a reason. Maybe as you said, not getting the support as before, maybe she wanted a change and she got another good offer?

After so many years, I was fond of her "family". I was a little sad when other actors left too. I saw that other actors left in 2018.  But the changes are normal.

As I said, I suspect that she will sign with HM Entertainment (Lee Sang Woo`s agency) But let`s see if I am right. :wink:.  She spent some time with them accompanying her husband (we saw pictures from their gathering). 

Either way, I hope Soyeon will have a bright and lucky future. Now I am happy that she has a new project. The writer is a newbie but I hope she will give  the cast a good script. I hope for a meatier role for our girl. Let make the ladies in the drama shine, give them a memorable characterization and a good relationship. 12 May is not that far. We will hear news soon.

• Like 1

The interest in the drama Secret Mother is increasing. 

tumblr_p656vtdc6S1sdd1ivo4_r1_500.jpg

Google translate of an article

'Secret Mother' is a woman mystery thriller drama depicting the story of a surrogate mother entering the home of a woman who has a secret in her child's death. First of all, it is expected that it will cause a big repercussions because it deals with the new term 'entrance exam surrogate mother', which means the `nanny '.

Particularly, entrance examination is one of common concern in Korea regardless of sex. Most of them have experienced entrance examination and have to experience it in the future. There are also many opportunities to be interested in either your own or your child's admission.

In addition, it seems that the interest of the viewers remains because the parents' overheated enthusiasm to send their children to the prestigious universities is revealed nakedly in the drama. In addition, there is a sense of distance in current trends such as new words such as "surrogate mother of an entrance exam", which many people do not yet see, and it is a matter of watching how much consensus the drama will achieve.

However, apart from the material of the entrance surrogate mother, 'Secret Mother' is expected to become a tense drama of the two heroines. It is likely to catch the hearts of viewers at once with the absorbing actors Song Yoon Ah and Kim So Yeon's chemistry.

Song Yoon-a will serve as a full-time housewife Kim Yoon-jin to work as a doctor and then to become a full-time housewife, while Kim So-yeon will serve as an enrolling nanny Kim Eun-young to run a homestay program. Secret Mothers are hoping to unfold their secrets and wounds by sharing their secrets and wounds with friendships and crises that both women have their secrets. 'Is scheduled to follow in May.

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/615415

I am glad that there is a new aspects in the weekend dramas. Like the article said, entrance examination is one of common concern in Korea. I heard about an old drama that deals with a similar concept,  entrance examination   (Kang Nam Mom, SBS 2007 debates over the education frenzy of Gangnam moms ) and I saw in recent Mystery Queen 2 an episode dealing with people preparing for exams. I was shocked to see so much competition, determination and effort for people to succeed.  Kim Eun Young (Soyeon`s character) is running a homestay for young people who wants to enter college. I wonder what secret Eun Young has. She was a mother once, she gave up her child for addoption? Why "Secret Mother"?   Kim Yoon Jin ( Song Yoona) is a mother and she has a secret regarding her daughter`s death. Why not naming the drama The Secret of a Mother or Mother`s Secret?  I know that I think too much about a title but I want to see this drama soon. :)

• Like 1

The wedding planer of Soyeon ann Sang Woo`s wedding uploaded a pictures with a comment:

I was waiting and waiting for a new studio sample
Arrived!!! This package is so luxurious and pictures are always as good as ever ^ ^
The big hit ...

The first two scripts for Secret Mother. It seams that they had the script reading today. If it is true, I am sure Soyeon was there. I just know that she took this project. I want an official confirmation and more informations about her role. Maybe it was their decision to give less information about the woman who will enter the family, to make her character more misterious. To let the suspicious grow little by little. It is a mystery thriller drama after all. :D

Another thing... So Yeon will have long hair in this drama? She always change her hairstyle for each character she plays. So far there is no change.

I want to make a bet. Tomorrow we`ll have the official confirmation that Soyeon joined SBS drama Secret Mother. I am I am impatient. I want to know more about her character. I am keeping the faith that she will have a good role, a  multidimensional one. Fingers crossed.

It seams that I won the bet because some article mentions that she accepted the role in the additional news that she met Jwide company, a management agency but they have not discussed specific contracts yet.

20171120_1511178010_77285800_1.jpg?15227

Kim So-yeon decided to make her next film with SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Mother' (drama Hwang Ye Jin / director Yong Soon Park) scheduled to broadcast in May. 'Secret Mother' is a dramatic drama about the story of a surrogate mother entering the home of a woman who has a secret in her child's death. Kim So - yeon takes on the role of Kim Eun - young, an adolescent nanny of affectionate personality, and breathes with another female heroine Song Yoon - ah.

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15227132741339518002

But what confirmation news is that? I want an article about this news, with more information about her role. Well... I am a little dissapointed about the lack of news but I am happy that she finally will be back on screen.

Actress Kim So Yeon will come J,Wide Company agency?...And she is scheduled to appear in SBS new drama "Secret Mother"

J,Wide Company (제이와이) said on April 3 morning on Newsen, "We met Kim So Yeon, but there is no definite agreement on whether the contract will be signed."

Kim So Yeon expires her exclusive contract with Namoo Actors agency in early April. Both sides decided not to conclude a new contract after the discussion. So, Kim So Yeon and Namoo Actors became separated after 12 years.

J,Wide Company is a agency that manages a lot of actors such as Lee Sang Yoon, Choi Daniel, Kim Tae Ri, Choi Youn So (Happy Home), Kim Tae Woo, Choi Jae Hee, Baek Jin Hee....

Kim So Yeon is scheduled to appear in SBS new drama "Secret Mother" that scheduled to air in May as a comeback after marriage. (tr. SSO fanpage)

The next month we`ll see Soyeon back on screen. YAY!!!!

Just like I said in the drama thread, the key point to figure out the plot for me is the other two characters played by Kim Soyeon and Kim Tae Woo. The other two are the good guys, that`s for sure.  I know they will use ambigious description and they give us just the tip of the aisberg for their description but I still want to read them. They will be my badies in this show? I want scenes with these two.  I want to see the womance in the foreground but the next thing ... is the scenes between Soyeon and Tae Woo. If this drama won`t give me enough good scenes, I wish they will do another drama or movie together, playing a couple or sore enemies.  Oh my wishes!... I am still waiting for a drama or movie with Joo Jin-Mo :lol:

On a side note, J-Wide Company is Kim Tae Woo`s management agency. I still think she will chose HM Entertainment but if she will chose another company, then she really wanted a change or was discontent about something.  Wang Ji Won was in J Wide company in the past. Maybe J-Wide is a good new home.

• Like 1

Soyeon decided to sign with J Wide company. I wish her good luck. Hope it is a new start. 

Now that she has a new management company, I hope it will be announced soon her participation in the SBS drama. Both Soyeon and Tae woo will be announce soon? :)

There is a handwriting letter from Soyeon to her fans. 

• Like 1

Actress Kim So Yeon signs with J,Wide-Company
By mkim93    8 hours ago    2,004    370    0

Just two weeks ago, the actress parted ways with Namoo Actors, an agency she has been under for the past 12 years. Since then, it has been confirmed that the actress has signed with J,Wide-Company.

J,Wide-Company stated, "We're very happy to start working with Kim So Yeon. Because she is an actress who is active in drama, films, variety shows, and more, we will be providing her with great support generously so she is able to show a charming side only she is able to show. We ask everyone for much attention and love for the actress' future promotions."

Kim So Yeon also expressed her excitement in joining the agency by saying, "The fact that I'll be starting from a new place, it's exciting and I'm looking forward to it. I'll make sure to show a good side of me through working with J,Wide-Company."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/04/actress-kim-so-yeon-signs-with-jwide-company

April 9, 2018

‘Secret Mother’ looks at Korea’s intense education scene

Upcoming SBS drama series “Secret Mother” will focus on the overheated education system in Korea, starring Kim So-yeon and Song Yoon-ah as the main leads. 

Kim is to take the role of a Kim Lisa, a mysterious person overseeing student’s academic endeavors. She takes care of students’ schedules, goals and scores, like a mother would. The production team referred to her as an “academic surrogate mother.” 

On the left, Kim So-yeon (J,Wide-Company) and Song Yoon-ah (Snowball Entertainment)

Song will play an ex-psychiatrist who is committed to her family. She hires Kim to ensure her child’s admission to a prestigious university. 

The TV drama is set around “Gangnam mothers,” referring to the parents who are notoriously dedicated to sending their children to prestigious universities, to the point of micromanaging them.

The first episode of the new Saturday-Sunday series will air in May.

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com)

APRIL 9 2018

Kim So-Yeon cast in SBS drama series “Secret Mother”

Secret_Mother-CS2-111.jpg

Kim So-Yeon is now cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Secret Mother” co-starring Song Yoon-A. In the drama series, Kim So-Yeon will play co-lead character Lisa Kim. Her job is to help students enter prestigious universities. She is hired by Kim Yoon-Jin (Song Yoon-A).

“Secret Mother” first airs May 12, 2018 in South Korea (drama series will air Saturdays after the conclusion of “Good Witch.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-so-yeon-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-secret-mother

Soyeon and the other artists of J Wide management company. I really hope she will be lucky with good projects in the future.

post_8917268323749684725.jpg?type=w1200

https://m.post.naver.com/my.nhn?memberNo=2127174

Kim So Yeon confirmed starring in SBS's "Secret Mother"
In the drama, Kim So Yeon plays Lisa Kim who is "Surrogate Mother for Entrance Examination". Lisa Kim gives a feeling of infinite trust with a sincere impression that comes from a calm and straight image. It is the envy of the mothers that anyone who tries her hand treads an elite course. What is more, it is fresh material that we have never seen before, and the actor Kim So-yeon stands at the center, and the expectation of Lisa Kim that she will show is getting higher.
'Secret Mother' is a Womance Mystery Thriller drama that depicts the story of a mysterious surrogate mother whom entering the home of a woman who has kept a secret about her child's death.
In particular, it is a work that is drawing attention as it features a new word "Surrogate Mother for Entrance Examination" which means "A surrogate mother who is responsible for other children's college admission based on the experience of enrolling them in a prestigious school." ⠀⠀⠀⠀
Meanwhile, "Secret Mother" is going to broadcast for the first time in May following "Good Witch" (Source
@wooyeonxoxo  

http://news20.busan.com/controller/newsController.jsp?newsId=20180409000104

I am excited to see a deep friendship between women and thow that friendship develops on screen. I am hoping that Secret Mother, the new SBS special weekend drama will be a good project for Soyeon. The writer is a newbie but it is good to discover new good drama screenwriters. I am looking forward to see the dramas written by the Falling for Innocence writer and Forest of Secret writer too.

I can`t wait to see her new look for this drama. I have a feeling she will keep her hair long or cut it a little to medium length. 

I want to see pictures from the filming soon, the posters.

• Like 1

A fan took a picture with Soyeon on set of Secret Mother outdoor shooting.

Finally, we have some pictures from filming. I see that she did not change her hair for this drama. I wish she would have cut her hair medium to have more hairstyle choices as the drama progress. It is my personal preference.

I am curious who is the young boy in the pictures. I thought Lisa Kim is taking care of teenagers, students who want to go to universities. But maybe she is really a nanny. :lol:

Pictures from an old drama Song of Hope/ Lost One’s Way (KBS2, 1999). 

She was the second lead in the drmaa with Chae Rim, Lee Joo Hyun and Park Yong Ha.

500x500.jpg

01.jpg

tumblr_p3z3mggYB81sdd1ivo4_r1_500.png

I think I saw some RAW scenes from this drama but I can`t find the links anymore. I think Soyeon played a dancer if I remember corectly. I saw Yoo Joon Sang in the drama too.

She played a cook (in Happy Home) and a dancer (Song of Hope), :lol: both not her forte.

One of Kim So yeon`s makeup artist team uploaded a picture saying that she had a shooting today. Seeing Soyeon in red and with that hairstyle I thougt she did the poster shooting.

Pictures from shooting.  I think someone from the filming staff uploaded those pictures and commented that we are working very hard and it is a lot of hardship. . She tagged  #Song Yoon Ah # Kim So Yeon # Kim Tae Woo

I don`t see Soyeon but it seams that she was there at filming.

Spoiler

A fashion-stylist probably who works with Secret Mother team, uploaded some pictures saying that it is the  Secret Mother poster shooting scene.

I wonder if this is the concept of the poster. Two women silhouettes, face to face in front of the big house. The other cast are surprised in different poses. The pictures are black and white.  Anther one shows a woman in dark red ( the nanny) is coming to the house with a yellow hand trolley luggage. I like the concept. It`s mysterious.  I can`t wait to see the final results. 

I see some of the clothes they prepare for the actors and actresses. Some red clothes for our girl and we saw her wearing red already. I just love they use color for clothes. Dark red is my favorite color. Soyeon will look elegant and mysterious in those clothes. I saw that she is wearing black suits too. Lisa Kim is wearing red and black, a not so subtle way to tell us that she is dangerous, a foxy lady. :wub:

Secret Mother first shoot

But where is the red dress and the yellow hand trolley luggage from the poster idea? I wish they kept some colors in this drama.

tumblr_p3z3mggYB81sdd1ivo5_r1_500.png