Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

It is getting nearer to her wedding. Do you think we will get some photos of the actual wedding ceremony or some wedding pictures?

Anyway, l love the wedding pictorial in Vienna. Even though the wedding gowns are not nice, she still managed to look beautiful. It is like not possible for Kim So Yeon not to look beautiful. That's our girl. :D

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 4:31 PM, lebeaucouple said:

Since we do not have any kim soyeon drama to watch,  what drama do you girls watch now? 

I am surprised how many dramas I watched this year, and I can`t say that my mood for kdramas increased or it is the same as a few years ago. Au contrary. But I am still here. :lol:

Right now.... I just finished Tunnel, Whisper and Mystery Queen. I am current watching Chigago Typewriter and Circle. Wating for Duel and Forest of Secrets. Lookout,Hospital Ship, Criminal Minds and Falsity much later. I have other upcoming dramas that I am keeping my eyes on this year.  Double Play, Argon, Genleman, Bad Guys 2, maybe Reunited Worlds.  Looking at my list... mostly thrillers. And I am looking desperatly for romantic comedies or some light dramas but I am prickly on these.  Right now are on my list: No Sex and The City and I am hoping that Soyeon will be cast there. Other romantic comedies... Land of Common Sense,  and, definetly, the new Cha Seung-Won`s drama but I think will be broadcast next year. I started to watch old dramas again. I`ve finished City Hall and will start soon Harvest Villa.

I am still waiting for the news that Soyeon is cast in a drama. :lol: I want to see her in one more drama before she will announce that she is expecting. After that we won`t see her for two or three years.

On 5/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, charray said:

What other dramas are there that do not have a female lead yet? I think the upcoming new legal drama, 'Falsify' from Nam Goong Min does not have a female lead yet.

Falsity will have a female protagonist soon. Kim Ok Bin has the offer. But who knows who will be cast. I think they are looking for a younger actress than Soyeon.

On 5/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, charray said:

I am only watching Man to Man and now I have fallen in love with Park Hae Jin after watching Man to Man. He is so adorable and cool in this drama.

I will watch Man to Man soon. I never watched Park Hae Jin in anything. I read that he is a good actor. Maybe he grew up and does not put down other people look anymore. I read somewhere about this issue but that`s another thing.  About the pair with PHJ, I don`t have anything against it but imature people who are bashing Kim Min Jung will do the same with Soyeon. How many times I read about her looking old! :crazy: I think they will choose a younger actress for drama Four Men.

Right now... I want Soyeon in No Sex and the City, Cha Seung-Won`s drama, Land of Common Sense, or Double Play with Yoo Ji Tae (if he will sign) or Bad Guys (but there are too much testosterone in this drama and I have a feeling the woman role is just secondary... if not I will love to see Soyeon in a bad girl role..and Joo Jin Mo received an offer for this drama too so.... :lol:.).  But I will like to be surprised. I am curious which partner she will have on screen next and what kind of role she will take. Anything .... will be nice! :wink:

• Like 1

@larus you have a long list to watch while @charray only watched man to man drama....:)

I think it boils down to individual time schedule and their drama preference. 

now my first priority is storyline. 

I don't mind romance comedy besides thriller story. My last watched old drama for romance comedy was "divorce lawyer in love," (2015). I love it so much on this couple. Very funny. What a good laugh for me...:D I like the lead actress is because she acted in "I need romance 1" and also in "perfect wife".

I don't mind soyeon play a romance comedy role with younger actor again. ..kekeke

• Like 2

14 hours ago, larus said:

I am surprised how many dramas I watched this year, and I can`t say that my mood for kdramas increased or it is the same as a few years ago. Au contrary. But I am still here. :lol:

Right now.... I just finished Tunnel, Whisper and Mystery Queen. I am current watching Chigago Typewriter and Circle. Wating for Duel and Forest of Secrets. Lookout,Hospital Ship, Criminal Minds and Falsity much later. I have other upcoming dramas that I am keeping my eyes on this year.  Double Play, Argon, Genleman, Bad Guys 2, maybe Reunited Worlds.  Looking at my list... mostly thrillers. And I am looking desperatly for romantic comedies or some light dramas but I am prickly on these.  Right now are on my list: No Sex and The City and I am hoping that Soyeon will be cast there. Other romantic comedies... Land of Common Sense,  and, definetly, the new Cha Seung-Won`s drama but I think will be broadcast next year. I started to watch old dramas again. I`ve finished City Hall and will start soon Harvest Villa.

I am still waiting for the news that Soyeon is cast in a drama. :lol: I want to see her in one more drama before she will announce that she is expecting. After that we won`t see her for two or three years.

Falsity will have a female protagonist soon. Kim Ok Bin has the offer. But who knows who will be cast. I think they are looking for a younger actress than Soyeon.

I will watch Man to Man soon. I never watched Park Hae Jin in anything. I read that he is a good actor. Maybe he grew up and does not put down other people look anymore. I read somewhere about this issue but that`s another thing.  About the pair with PHJ, I don`t have anything against it but imature people who are bashing Kim Min Jung will do the same with Soyeon. How many times I read about her looking old! :crazy: I think they will choose a younger actress for drama Four Men.

Right now... I want Soyeon in No Sex and the City, Cha Seung-Won`s drama, Land of Common Sense, or Double Play with Yoo Ji Tae (if he will sign) or Bad Guys (but there are too much testosterone in this drama and I have a feeling the woman role is just secondary... if not I will love to see Soyeon in a bad girl role..and Joo Jin Mo received an offer for this drama too so.... :lol:.).  But I will like to be surprised. I am curious which partner she will have on screen next and what kind of role she will take. Anything .... will be nice! :wink:

That is a lot! How do you find the time to watch so many?

Nowadays I can only muster up enough interest, time and energy to watch only 1 drama at a time or sometimes even none at all. Losing interest nowadays in kdramas now that my favourite actors and actresses the likes of Lee Byun Hun, Kim Jae Won, Kim Tae Hee and now even Kim So Yeon are married or no longer so active or prominent or gone to movies or getting secondary roles.....sigh....and I have not found new actors and actresses that I really like to replace the old ones.

Is No Sex and the City still on? Never heard anything about it anymore.

People complaining that Kim So Yeon looks old? Not surprised as I also heard people complaining that Kim Tae Hee is too old for Rain...... :lol:Our girl may be over 35 but she is more gorgeous and beautiful than many younger actresses.

Maybe So Yeon should try breaking into Chungmuro movies as they seem more accepting of older actresses in movies, right?

I like certain actors and actresses based on their attractive looks and and acting skills but mostly it is because of some defining dramas or roles that they had starred in or taken up that I really love that made me like them. I usually do not know much of them or their personal life outside of their dramas nor am I bothered to know except for the special case of Kim So Yeon now where I am interested to know about her and her real life. Previously I  have no idea her real personality is so girly and dorky until I come to this thread and find out more about her  from you and other fans.

So similarly, I also don't know much about Park Hae Jin nor bother to find out either about him except to like and enjoy his acting in Man to Man. I also binge watched Bad Guys and Cheese in the Trap earlier this year and he is also good in both of these. I think he is versatile and wants to stretch himself to do different roles and genres, a bit like our girl, which I appreciate. Hehe......I am just watching him for how he is portraying his character in his  dramas and liking those characters and not like I am going to marry Park Hae Jin like his fan girls, right? Haha....:lol: he may be a scumbag or player in real life but that is out of my area of interest or concern unless there is crime involved which is a different thing altogether. 

Actually it looks to me like most of the dramas are already lined up to the end of the year so it would likely be next year if So Yeon is appearing in one. The wait continues.

• Like 2

@charray 

Yes. Agreed.  I was amazed the long list of drama that @larus had watched or going to watch soon. ..

@larus , think you have a unique power to create a duel role to do multi tasking or watching Kdrama?  lol.:lol:. Thumbs up.

My job and my personal life do not allow me to have spare time to watch more drama and thus I can only be selective although i know that there are so many old and upcoming good drama out there. 

Sometimes,  I prefer to watch K-movie because it takes shorter time spent. Kekeke....

I have to admit Korean Thriller movie is super and soooooo much better than any other counties and there are many stunning movies received awards in Cannes film festival awards.:)

There are few reasons why I am very supportive for korean thriller movie and thriller drama are because of  the twist plot and the highly intense storyline. Always create surprises to audience, we never know what will be the next plot.....until you finish it..

Keep us informed if there is any release on the "no sex and the city".  I watched the HBO US version on "sex and the city" for all seasons and I love it..:D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

My job and my personal life do not allow me to have spare time to watch more drama and thus I can only be selective although i know that there are so many old and upcoming good drama out there. 

Sometimes,  I prefer to watch K-movie because it takes shorter time spent. Kekeke....

I have to admit Korean Thriller movie is super and soooooo much better than any other counties and there are many stunning movies received awards in Cannes film festival awards.:)

There are few reasons why I am very supportive for korean thriller movie and thriller drama are because of  the twist plot and the highly intense storyline. Always create surprises to audience, we never know what will be the next plot.....until you finish it..

Yeah, I also prefer movies to dramas nowadays. Less time investment required, more intense and tighter storylines compared to often draggy plots in dramas and the higher quality of movies. But I find it more difficult to find Korean movies online to watch compared to Korean dramas which are more readily available. 

I had watched Sado, Insider Men, Memories of the Sword, Coin Locker Girl, all of which I love.....Do you have any Korean movies to recommend? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

@larus , think you have a unique power to create a duel role to do multi tasking or watching Kdrama?  lol.:lol:. Thumbs up.

As I said my interest in Kdramas has reduced, I`m still watching but I am not involved while watching. My mood oscillates...I am not watching television so my only source of entertainement is kdramas. My list is for the whole year and it is just a potential list. I am checking those dramas and it depends who is the cast too. In March - April I had 6 current dramas that I watched and right now I have only 2. May is a busy month but I will find time to squeeze them. Summer is a free time for me but ironically, that`s when I don`t have a mood to watch kdramas. :lol:

I agree that it is a personal preference when we choose what to watch. For exemple, I did watch Divorce Lawyer in Love but I would have dropped it if it was not my habbit to finish what I start watching and for Wang Ji Won because I start watching the drama for her. I enjoyed I Need Romance and I liked Perfect Wife for... 10 episodes. After that I lost my interest prety fast and it was so hard to continue. I read the recaps for the last two episodes. :D I recently finished City Hall and I like this kind of rom com.

I don`t mind seeing Soyeon acting on screen with a younger actor as well but it has to be a suitable role and depends on the cast. She made a good pair with Sung Joon in INR3.

5 hours ago, charray said:

Is No Sex and the City still on? Never heard anything about it anymore.

Yes, it is still on but it is a September drama so we`ll hear about the casting in June or July.  I like when the dramas announced their cast when it is a done deal not when they receive the offer.  Soyeon knew about her role in Father is Stange from a long time. She accepted the role but the production team revealed it when was the right time. Cha Seung-Won said that he will do a new drama at his fan event but we don`t know what drama it will be yet. Other times, the news of casting is released earlier. Lee Bo young has received the offer for tvN Mother in October last year and just now they revealed the news of her acceptence but I am sure they sign the contract from some time already. It is possible that a drama to not materialised so that`s why I want to know when it is a sure thing.

So similarly, I also don't know much about Park Hae Jin nor bother to find out either about him except to like and enjoy his acting in Man to Man.

It is perfectly fine to like him. The fact that his personality isn`t perfect, it is not a reason to not enjoy his performance. I might not be a fan of his but I do want to see him on  screen. He is on trend now. :D 

Actually it looks to me like most of the dramas are already lined up to the end of the year so it would likely be next year if So Yeon is appearing in one. The wait continues.

Not every drama. We still have a chance to see Soyeon this year or to hear about her new project this year. Fingers crossed for that to happen. Yeah... the wait continues. :wink: I really wish it will be a female centric drama or at least her role to have relevance.

I don`t watch many Korean movies because it is hard to find translations but I watch some from time to time. It will be alright if Soyeon will choose a movie instead of a drama. Hope she has offers.

• Like 2

@charray

Talking about Korean thriller/ mystery/ suspense crime movies, i am really excited to share here :lol:...:tongue:

Depending on your preference, there were some that I watched back then (some were even in the top box office in Korea) and I would highly recommend anyone to watch some of the following if you are daring enough : (some of the movies I watched it many many years ago but still remained fresh in my mind)

1. Old boy (2003) - (Caution : Violence and bloody movie), but I think it had won Cannes film awards (there is an American version remake for it!) I was impressed with this movie was because of the story line was unique and led me shocking and unbelievable at the end. Story was about a man, who leads a regular life with a regular family is kidnapped out of the blue and locked up in box (high tower) for 15 years. When he was released, he was given only a gun and some cash, he sets out to find his tormentor who took 15 precious years of his life. The plot? He needs to find his captor within 5 days! Though some of the scenes in the movie are quite brutal and the rating is given as R. :D

2. The Chaser (2008) - Based on a true serial killer case, the story is about an ex-detective who is now working as a pimp. But the problem in business comes when some of girls went missing. He realized that all the missing girls were contacted by the same client (murderer) with whom one of his girls is going to meet at the same moment. And the movie is so good; this is also an American version remake for it!  Getting Anxiety attacks while watching this movie throughout the whole show. :D

3. Memories of Murder (2003)

4. Seven Days (2007) 

5. Into the White Night (2009)

6. Montage (2013)

7. The Wailing (2016) - a horror thriller movie....very scary and I just watched it recently...if you are daring enough, can watch, if not, can skip....hehehe

When I was younger, I appreciated very much on Art films (local and foreigner art films) whereby usually are in slow pace yet meaningful story....but now I like to watch thriller suspense or comedy, may be my life have been too hectic? Need some excitement, hahahaha :lol:

@larus

Me too, i did not really complete the whole drama of perfect wife....i skipped some. I watched it because of the actress that i like : Cho Yeo-jeong who acted in "I need romance" and "divorce lawyer in love". 

I am fine whether Soyeon will take on movie or drama this year, if it happens, it is a bonus to us, otherwise, I am also happy for her to continue enjoying her Honeymood period with LSW.....

You can watch at  https://dramanice.ru/drama-movies   - they have many movies with English subtitles....enjoy it, girls....:)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, charray said:

I had watched Sado, Insider Men, Memories of the Sword, Coin Locker Girl, all of which I love.....Do you have any Korean movies to recommend? 

I will find time to watch these movies at https://dramanice.ru/drama-movies as they have English sub. :D

For romance comedy, i watched last year on Kim Hye-Soo"s "Goodbye Single"...story line is quite meaningful...can watch if you have time....:)

46 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I am fine whether Soyeon will take on movie or drama this year, if it happens, it is a bonus to us, otherwise, I am also happy for her to continue enjoying her Honeymood period with LSW...

Yes, it is good to know that she is happy in real life but I am greedy. If she will do another drama this year I will be happier. If our wish becomes true we should have a party here. 

From your list I watched just The Chaser. May problem with the movies, I forgot easily about the plot.:lol:

Spoiler

You should not mentioned these links because it is against the Soompi rules. It is good that the moderators are not visiting very often this thread. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

@charray

Talking about Korean thriller/ mystery/ suspense crime movies, i am really excited to share here :lol:...:tongue:

Depending on your preference, there were some that I watched back then (some were even in the top box office in Korea) and I would highly recommend anyone to watch some of the following if you are daring enough : (some of the movies I watched it many many years ago but still remained fresh in my mind)

1. Old boy (2003) - (Caution : Violence and bloody movie), but I think it had won Cannes film awards (there is an American version remake for it!) I was impressed with this movie was because of the story line was unique and led me shocking and unbelievable at the end. Story was about a man, who leads a regular life with a regular family is kidnapped out of the blue and locked up in box (high tower) for 15 years. When he was released, he was given only a gun and some cash, he sets out to find his tormentor who took 15 precious years of his life. The plot? He needs to find his captor within 5 days! Though some of the scenes in the movie are quite brutal and the rating is given as R. :D

2. The Chaser (2008) - Based on a true serial killer case, the story is about an ex-detective who is now working as a pimp. But the problem in business comes when some of girls went missing. He realized that all the missing girls were contacted by the same client (murderer) with whom one of his girls is going to meet at the same moment. And the movie is so good; this is also an American version remake for it!  Getting Anxiety attacks while watching this movie throughout the whole show. :D

3. Memories of Murder (2003)

4. Seven Days (2007) 

5. Into the White Night (2009)

6. Montage (2013)

7. The Wailing (2016) - a horror thriller movie....very scary and I just watched it recently...if you are daring enough, can watch, if not, can skip....hehehe

@lebeaucouple  Thank you so much for the list. The first 2 seems like my type of movies which I will definitely watch. I will also check out the rest. I am quite easily scared so I will skip the horror movie then.....The Wailing. Hehe...:lol:

I have little interest in all those rom com dramas and fantasy dramas that are so prevalent nowadays. Some of the leads are so young like Park Bo Gum and Kim Joo Youn and some  guys are so girly with make up and styled permed hair that it is so hard for me to appreciate and relate to them. Some stories are also very typical and cliche. if you have seen one, you have seen all. Like every rom com will have back hug, piggy back and what have you not....Sigh....I tend to look for more unique or special dramas nowadays.

Korean movies are different though. Most have interesting storylines and are very well made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

For romance comedy, i watched last year on Kim Hye-Soo"s "Goodbye Single"...story line is quite meaningful...can watch if you have time....:)

Thanks, I will check this out too.

Another Korean movie that I want to recommend is Thread of Lies. It is about a girl who tried to understand why her 14 year old younger sister committed suicide and how she had missed out her sister's cries for help. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, charray said:

Lee Sang Woo calls our girl So Yeon nie....what does the nie means? Does our girl still calls him Sang Woo Oppa?

I think it is a diminutive. Little Soyeon or it is just a form to adress someone very close to you.   From what I know, parents or family members, very close friends and people who are familiar with each other use the name diminutive 아 (ya/a/ ah) to add at the end of names like ...Soyeon- ah but it can be used for names ending in consonants, 이 (i)... Soyeon-i . I find it more cute Soyeon -i than Soyeon - ah. Just like the English ...kitty. I am not an expert so I can be wrong.

It is cute how Sang Woo is adressing her with the diminutive. It fits her personality. She is like a girl.  I am sure she is calling him Oppa. Maybe she has for him a nickame too. :D

• Like 3

@larus

Thanks for the highlight of the movie link :tongue:

7 hours ago, charray said:

Some of the leads are so young like Park Bo Gum and Kim Joo Youn and some  guys are so girly with make up and styled permed hair that it is so hard for me to appreciate and relate to them. Some stories are also very typical and cliche. if you have seen one, you have seen all. Like every rom com will have back hug, piggy back and what have you not....Sigh....I tend to look for more unique or special dramas nowadays.

Korean movies are different though. Most have interesting storylines and are very well made.

I agreed with you on some of the rom com, especially some actors are very girly with made up on....and some actresses have the same hair style which i have easily forgotten their face after finished watching, they can't leave any lasting impression unless he/she played an unique role. Whereas for soyeon, she has an unique face feature and with gorgeous look, as always....I love her ever since she played an evil role in "All about Eve" and thereafter she became popular too. :D

• Like 1

@charray

Not sure if you have watched completed drama : "Defendant", "Voice", "Tunnel" and "Whisper"....they are all very good, fast pace and meaningful story line except minus away some violence and bloody part for Voice, they are less in romance but more on tracing the suspect or murderer....:D

@larus

She will certainly come back for drama or movie because of her passion in acting, it's only a matter of time. My only concern is the role that she picks...hopefully not to disappoint her fans..:) ....as mentioned earlier, I don't mind romance comedy pair with slightly younger actor :lol:. After married, i doubt she will take up this ROM com role, she may have high chance pick on other challenging role that she hasn't tried out before. Let's see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Not sure if you have watched completed drama : "Defendant", "Voice", "Tunnel" and "Whisper"

I watched all... :lol: I liked all but I have to say that Whisper was not what I expected. I had such high expectation because Park Kyung soo is one of my favorite writers but from all his four dramas, Whisper was what I like the least. Maybe the writing became too formulatic, I recognized his formula, his twists were there  but I could not connect with the characters. I did not care emotionally about any of these characters. The highlight of the drama was to see two of the characters from his drama Punch. I will wait for his next work and I still wish Soyeon will play in one of his dramas.

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

She will certainly come back for drama or movie because of her passion in acting, it's only a matter of time. My only concern is the role that she picks...hopefully not to disappoint her fans..:) ....as mentioned earlier, I don't mind romance comedy pair with slightly younger actor :lol:. After married, i doubt she will take up this ROM com role, she may have high chance pick on other challenging role that she hasn't tried out before. Let's see.

I use to think that I don`t like romcoms like other genre but I believe all the genre are important. They have a target and the audience has to choose what they like most. I like to watch romantic comedies, some light, fluffy dramas but I am selective. If the actors I like play in these dramas, I watch just to see their chemistry. I like sweet, romantic scene too, I watch just for the feelings. 

I know that Soyeon has a passion for acting just like majority of actors/ actresses in the business.  The problem is for them to receive offers, good offers to be precise. Fingers crossed for a good project for our girl.

• Like 2

Marie Claire has posted the interview. It seams that it is only Soyeon that was interviewed but she told about Sang Woo too.

Love Fully

mck_5926293adadd5-750x439.jpg

http://www.marieclairekorea.com/2017/05/celebrity/love-fully/

I loved that we know a little about the story behind the screen. Soyeon said about Sang Woo„s proposal story in Vienna that we already knew, she told that initially she refused to appear in SNL Korea but Sang Woo, who likes the show, encouraged her to accept. After that, she was eager to appear, but she grew greedy during the preparation and got a lot of stress. Sang Woo came down the stage after the live broadcast and she hold her tears really hard.

I think they make a good couple. As I`ve already noticed, she is more anxious and he has a calming demeanor, he controls better the emotions. They complement each other.

Hope the interview will be translated.

• Like 2

After reading again, both did the interview . It is hard to know which person is talking with the Google translate but I get the idea what they talked about. Would be nice to read a proper translation.

Actors Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo have a private wedding ceremony without a press conference. The two sides said they will hold a ceremony on the 9th of next month in a conversation with the Daily Star in the 30th. "We have decided not to hold a press conference ahead of the ceremony."

PS17053000179.jpg

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA11&newsid=01597366615934168&DCD=A10302

We already know that they will not do a press conference before the ceremony. I totally understand but we want to see some pictures from the ceremony. I think we`ll see a couple of pictures the next day. The D day is coming fast. :tongue:

• Like 1

Someone witnessed Lee Sang Woo and Kim So Yeon on the 2nd weekend of May. They went to one of restaurant in Jangchung-dong.  It seems that they bought new helmets for motorcycle that day too. He said So Yeon sii is very nice and Sang Woo sii is so sweet.
Souce - Naver Blog/ Instagram

PS> We found a picture with actor Yoon Da Hoon leaving the same restaurant and we can assume that SoYeon and Sang -woo meet some Happy Home team to invite them to their marriage. From the calendar on the wall, it  was on May 8.

Spoiler

• Like 4