Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Hello! Everyone. Such a long long time I haven't been here. Thank you all you guys to keep this thread alive especially @larus :wub: Ahh, It's over a week but honesty I'm still upset with the fact that Soyeon accepted a role of KBS Makjung drama TTTT I see nothing interest with plot story and some of her co-star who already confirmed :crazy: (Except high experience actors like Kim Young Chul and Kim Hye Sook) I don't understand why Namoo Actor approved her to play this kind of drama agin. This years, There is high chance for Soyeon to receive a big award from MBC Drama Award 2016. Then, she would comeback in prime time miniseries which offer some good role to her. Why too rush like this?!?! Not only Makjung drama but also unclear her role is heroin or not. More said more suffer... OK! Even I'm totally disagree with her decision this time but still going to support her as usual :tears: Ahh.. just 5 days left for MBCDA wish our girl will be lucky! :wub:

2 hours ago, minkie_p said:

Hello! Everyone. Such a long long time I haven't been here. Thank you all you guys to keep this thread alive especially @larus :wub: Ahh, It's over a week but honesty I'm still upset with the fact that Soyeon accepted a role of KBS Makjung drama TTTT I see nothing interest with plot story and some of her co-star who already confirmed :crazy: (Except high experience actors like Kim Young Chul and Kim Hye Sook) I don't understand why Namoo Actor approved her to play this kind of drama agin. This years, There is high chance for Soyeon to receive a big award from MBC Drama Award 2016. Then, she would comeback in prime time miniseries which offer some good role to her. Why too rush like this?!?! Not only Makjung drama but also unclear her role is heroin or not. More said more suffer... OK! Even I'm totally disagree with her decision this time but still going to support her as usual :tears: Ahh.. just 5 days left for MBCDA wish our girl will be lucky! 

First, welcome back @minkie_p! It is good know that you are still keeping an eye on Soyeon`s activities.

About her new role… I know how you feel. Last year when news about her taking the first family drama role I burst my frustration but I calmed down bit by bit and I even watched all 50 episodes, even when the plot turned makjang. I did not regret watching this drama. It was a new experience for her (and for me). She worked with good and talented people. She even found love on set. Whatever can be said about her role and about the drama as a whole, one thing is sure: it gave her opportunity to show off her acting chops, she moved the public with her emotional and dramatic scenes.  She got the first Daesang of her career.

I expected news about her new project. I got excited every time I heard about an interesting drama but the real news came as a shock. I did not expect to see her in a family drama again. This time I take it very calmly but bit by bit I became nervous.  I am still not used to the idea that she chose this drama. I am not upset but I am uneasy. I don`t have nothing against family dramas but they are not my cup of tea. I wanted more for her.

But I choose to concentrate on the positive. This drama won`t be makjang so it will be a new kind of family drama for her and for us. She said that she is nervous about her role so I expect something challenging. I have to trust her that she chose something good for her. It is a lottery because she had just a synopsis to chose from but I heard good things about this writer.  Maybe this time the other leads who are younger and maybe more popular will be on spotlight, maybe this time she won`t have the same screen time but if her story arc will be interesting and enjoyable It`s good. I am curious to know more about her role and her story arc. Hope the drama will be good and maintain the high ratings for KBS.

We all want for her to return to miniseries but no one can guarantee that those dramas will be as good or that she will get the roles. I think that she would have chosen another project if there were any interesting offers. I prefer to see her on screen in something fluffy but enjoyable than waiting a year or two to see her again. I don`t know if I will be active in the drama thread, maybe I will watch like any other dramas when I have time and not post my thoughts but I will keep my fingers crossed for a successful role.  

About the awards... I am not sure about Daesang because the public will vote but I am sure she will win an acting award. I can`t wait to see her on the red carpet again. :)

• Like 1

In a way I am sad. I don`t like when this is happening.  I was looking forward to see a new role and it seamed like a funny experience and I was adjusting the idea to watch a new family drama. I think it was the behind the scene drama. Who knows what was the reason? Maybe her role was changed form the original synopsis and it did not meet her expectations anymore. I really don`t think it was the actor who plays her love interest. Nobody is getting out because of that. Kim Sang Kyung was a good partner and I bet that if he has refused the role, they thought about another good actor. I have a feeling that they changed the original idea. From Joo Jin Mo and Kim So Yeon as the main leads, now, they brought younger actors. I already had the feeling that they made changes on the script. They changed the male lead and needed a new female lead for him. They kept Kim So Yeon and they tried to find a new arc for her and a new leading man. Kim So Yeon and her management were not happy obviously. Or maybe there were indeed  another personal reasons. Things like that happen.

I am sure that the drama will be successful but she is not quite a fit on a family drama right now. I was ready to watch her on the screen for 6 months even on a genre that it is not my cup of tea. Now I have to adjust the new situation, that she won`t be on my screen for the next 6 months. I am sad for that. :tears: I am hoping that she will have another project in 2017. Fighting, Soyeon!

• Like 2

Kim So Yeon reverses her decision to play the lead in new drama 'The Weird Father'

By yckim124   56 minutes ago   6,360   563   0
kim-so-yeon

Actress Kim So Yeon will no longer be playing the female lead of upcoming KBS drama 'The Weird Father'.

Recently, it was announced that Kim So Yeon would be working with Lee Joon for the new drama. However, on December 27, reports said that Kim So Yeon has decided to reverse her decision. A rep of KBS stated, "Kim So Yeon decided not to come on board the production due to personal reasons." As a result, the producers are reportedly hurrying to find a new female lead.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/kim-so-yeon-reverses-her-decision-to-play-the-lead-in-new-drama-the-weird-father

They announced the leading man for Father is Strange. It is not Kim Sang Kyung but Ryu Sooyoung.  He worked with the writer before. It is funny, he worked with Kim Soyeon too. It was in drama Two Weeks. They did not have a love line there but I they could have been a good pair on screen. They were so cute behind the scene, they got along well.  Joo Jin Mo, Kim Sang Kyung and Ryu Soo young ...who else was on the list of leading men? They all worked with Soyeon before. :w00t:

Knowing that Ryu Sooyoung was chosen for the role, I think they tried to find a leading man that suits Soyeon  and I am more convinced that it was the changing in the original script that was the true reason. It was not a light decision of Soyeon and her management, she was sorry to retract on her decision but I totally understand her.

Reading the description for Cha Jeong-hwan, Ryu Soo Young`s character, who is a single son and his mother seams like a controlling mother/ a clingy mother,  It would have been the consecutive story where Soyeon will play in a similar story. I can add that this is the cliche that I hate the most in dramas. I can`t stand clingy parents (especially mothers in dramas) who are meddling in the business of their adult children all the time. If this is her story arc, I am at easy now that she refused the role.

Another thing... I know that a family drama has more leads but if in the original script she and Joo Jin Mo were the fist leads and now she could have been in the second story in the drama... I understand her again... AsianViki says that Ryu Soo young has been offered a major supporting role... A supporting role? Hell no. It will be time for her to play in supporting roles in the future but not now... Or, it could be indeed other personal reasons what I can not be aware off at this point. Either way, It was a decision that has come to an end after a sufficient deal of discussion with the production crew, like her agency mentioned.  Hope that Dramagod will be nice to us and to Soyeon and we`ll have a new project in 2017. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, larus said:

They announced the leading man for Father is Strange. It is not Kim Sang Kyung but Ryu Sooyoung.  He worked with the writer before. It is funny, he worked with Kim Soyeon too. It was in drama Two Weeks. They did not have a love line there but I they could have been a good pair on screen. They were so cute behind the scene, they got along well.  Joo Jin Mo, Kim Sang Kyung and Ryu Soo young ...who else was on the list of leading men? They all worked with Soyeon before. :w00t:

Knowing that Ryu Sooyoung was chosen for the role, I think they tried to find a leading man that suits Soyeon  and I am more convinced that it was the changing in the original script that was the true reason. It was not a light decision of Soyeon and her management, she was sorry to retract on her decision but I totally understand her.

Reading the description for Cha Jeong-hwan, Ryu Soo Young`s character, who is a single son and his mother seams like a controlling mother/ a clingy mother,  It would have been the consecutive story where Soyeon will play in a similar story. I can add that this is the cliche that I hate the most in dramas. I can`t stand clingy parents (especially mothers in dramas) who are meddling in the business of their adult children all the time. If this is her story arc, I am at easy now that she refused the role.

Another thing... I know that a family drama has more leads but if in the original script she and Joo Jin Mo were the fist leads and now she could have been in the second story in the drama... I understand her again... AsianViki says that Ryu Soo young has been offered a major supporting role... A supporting role? Hell no. It will be time for her to play in supporting roles in the future but not now... Or, it could be indeed other personal reasons what I can not be aware off at this point. Either way, It was a decision that has come to an end after a sufficient deal of discussion with the production crew, like her agency mentioned.  Hope that Dramagod will be nice to us and to Soyeon and we`ll have a new project in 2017. Fingers crossed. 

Thank you larus, and i agree with you. I am glad she didn't except this drama to. There is no reason for her to except a family drama as a supporting role lol. Maybe a drama like Iris again or Goblin a but not a family drama. I am sure we will see her on screen again soon. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AaliyaS said:

Thank you larus, and i agree with you. I am glad she didn't except this drama to. There is no reason for her to except a family drama as a supporting role lol. Maybe a drama like Iris again or Goblin a but not a family drama. I am sure we will see her on screen again soon. Fingers crossed. 

The news came off suddenly and the exact reason was unknown. There is not a clear answer why she refused so we speculate a little. They said it is a personal reasons.  I will support her decision as she knows better what is good for her.

Even before her decision I sensed that not everything is alright. When she said at the fanmeeting that she doesn`t know if she is confirmed for the new drama, that she was confused with that situation it was the fist sign.   From outside, It could be a high probability that she was not very happy with the new changes. It was said that she did have discussions with the staff and made the decision to drop out of the series. Imagine that she had an offer to play the heroine, a certain role and arc story but they changed that. In Happy Home she was the lead with Lee Sang Woo and Lee Pil Mo and half of the drama was about their story-arc. But now she was pushed back in the second story? I thought it could be alright if they will give her a good storyline. And there is again the same story of the mother in law from hell? I think the negotiation for adjusting her story did not go the way she and her team wanted. She stepped out at the right time, without damaging the production. They still have time to look for another lead actress.  

Another guess, I want to believe that she has another concrete offer for another drama but It is too good to be true. Christmas miracle for us?  :w00t:

As I said before, it is good if she will do miniseries again not because are shorter (I personally love to see her for 6 months on screen) but the projects might be more challenging. It is no guarantee for success though.  KBS family dramas have good rating so for her it was a guarantee of payment. But more than that...she always looks for new roles and new challenges.  Fingers crossed that she will have new opportunities like she wants.

Now.. I am hunting for new interesting dramas :phew:.... How about the new SF in the making, City of Stars? It seams to be a male centric drama  but I would love to see her there even as an antagonist.:)

• Like 2

It was confirmed today that both Kim Soyeon and Lee Sang Woo will be present at the 2016 MBC Drama Award. Looking forward to see them on the red carpet.

1482973573139579.jpg

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_nview&entry_id=805353&_REFERER=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F

Translation from Sso Fanpage

On December 29, an official of the agency said, "Lee Sang Woo decided to attend the MBC Drama Awards on the 30th." Lee Sang Woo said earlier that he is in the process of coordinating his schedule. Kim So Yeon, his girlfriend as well as his partner in "Happy Home" has already announced that she would attend MBCA earlier.

source

• Like 1

<2016 Tree Awards> Clap your hard work! And look forward to 2017!

Namooactors gave their stars an appreciation gift?They said in the article that they decided to deliver a special award.for Namoo actors who showed their success in various fields during the year 2016. 

This is for Soyeon....

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo2_r4_540.jpg

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5946847&memberNo=1609562

Love her smile. It was a good year for her. 

Kim Soyeon Abruptly Drops Out of Weekend Drama Father is Strange

1233.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/12/29/kim-so-yeon-abruptly-drops-out-of-weekend-drama-father-is-strange/#comments

Yeah... it is not unheard that someone backs out... We don`t know what the reasons are. I want to believe that she received a better offer than to think that she was unhappy with the changes or other personal reasons. Good luck to Soyeon to have good projects in 2017. I miss seeing her in pictorials as well.

Tomorrow we`ll see again on the red carpet. Speaking of that I saw a little 2016 MBC Entertainment Awards. The only dress worth mentioning was the yellow dress of Lee Si young. Daebak for her.  I don`t have to say what I want for Soyeon :w00t: it is obvious... but If I have to bet... I say she will return to black. Second bet... red or golden dress. I love that she doesn`t have bangs anymore. It was time for a hairstyle change.

• Like 1

What a surprise!  I was expected to see Soyeon at MBC Entertainment Awards ( wishful thinking mostly) but I thought she won`t be there. But she did. That was a surprised. Too bad I decided not to watch til the end. 

김소연, ‘MBC 연기대상’ 대상 수상하나? 유재석 대상 시상자로 ‘연예대상’ 등장

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1L5G33GN7V

I am not sure what prize she announced but I am glad that she was there. I think she presented along with MBC CEO Ahn Kwang-Han the Grand Award to  Yoo Jae-seok . WOW! Daebak! You go, girl!

The dress is simple, a little color, it looks like a pastel Lilac dress in some pictures. It is a little improvement. It is not white or nude or light pink.

I am waiting for tomorrow. She will be in the spotlight so I want her to live up the moment. Fighting, Soyeon!

More pictures.

201612300140491810_1.jpg

vpkuho.png

From the live blog of those awards... I read that Soyeon`s voice sound bad. She seemed to be sick. I have a bad voice right now too due to a bad cold. Hope she is alright. 

• Like 2

She looked gorgeous as ever. From close up... the dress is sparkling a little. Because she was presenting an award, so she was not supposed to be on the spotlight, I think the dress was a good choice.  I love her earrings. I love how the hairstyle complemented the simple dress. Very chic. :wub:

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo5_r3_500.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201612300142081810

But for tomorrow, I have a one word... COLOR!!!!! :w00t:

We saw a little Soyeon in the video.

I love how the dress is flowing.  :wub: I`ve not heard her voice.

• Like 1

We have the video. She is having a cold and her voice is affected. Get well, Soyeon!

Sso Fanpage translated her message from DC.

After finished the ceremony, Sso also left a message at near 2 am (KST) in her DC and Daum Cafe to say sorry about her voice because she had a cold T_T....And she also knew fans are curious about her marriage plan (because she withdrew from KBS drama "Father Is Strange recently), so she said:

Marriage plan? ^^;; hehe
Currently there is no time to make plan ^^ ;;;

Do not worry*

I came at the dawn to excuse for my voice ***

--> Her message in DC:http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=kimsoyeon&no=32686&page=1

From where it came up the rumor about marriage? If she was  about to get married she could have done that in the same time with her drama project. Or maybe some people thought that she is pregnant and that`s why she dropped the family drama and they talked about marriage.:w00t: I like that she said... Currently there is not time to make plan"..  .. So she has something ... A new drama? Can I still dream about it?

A few hours before the MBC ceremony. I don`t know why MBC did not disclose the nominees yet. I am certain that Soyeon will get an award. More than that, I am glad that she is in the spotlight at the moment. From, her participation with Lee Sang woo, a real life couple, to her nomination to the Daesang with a real chance to win. I know that it is  100% an audience vote but it is undeniable that Soyeon is a serious contender. Whatever happens, she has the reasons to be proud. Too bad that she has laryngitis just when she had to be in her best form. She was so funny when said that  "I've been struggling all day with the power to use black magic"/ "If I know to have a normal voice tonight, I'll be using black magic."  :w00t: She tried the best medicine but no luck. Doesn`t matter.... she still shines...

some articles about Soyeon...

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_201612301612024565_001

"Kim So-yeon's delicate emotional performance was really good. Kim So-yeon was praised for this." "Kim So Yeon and Lee Sang Woo couple is expected to receive the most attention in MBC".

https://mn.kbs.co.kr/news/view.do?ncd=3402916

The female celebrity TOP3,  Sexy Beauty Candidates :w00t:

[K스타] ‘드레수애’ 능가할 여자 연예인 TOP3

Kim So yeon, who presents various dresses at the awards ceremony, is well known for dressing up any color or any style of dress. 

161230_dr04.jpg

The videoclip of 2016 MBC Drama Awards AD started with Hae Ryung/Soyeon...after we saw what happened last year. Ji Sung will be at the ceremony as well. I bet he will present the Daesang.

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo8_r3_540.png

I am impatient and a little nervous waiting to see her at the red carpet. I can`t wait...

Until then... Namoo released a back stage picture from yesterday... She concentrates so much... She was nervous, I can tell.  

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo9_r5_500.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOovvZ_D6MM/?tagged=김소연