Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Nominations are out for 2016 APAN Star Awards. And our girl, Kim So Yeon has been nominated for Best Actress in Serial Drama (Top Excellence Award). :D

So happy for her. :D  I will take back all my negative comments about the writer if she wins. :w00t: 

But I am also a little disappointed that her significant other half, Lee Sang Woo is not nominated together with her. It would have been double happiness for Bong Ji fans if they are both nominated together and then win together and we can get to see them attend the APAN Awards Ceremony together.

Lee Phil Mo is nominated for Best Actor in a Serial Drama (Excellence Award) and Won Mi Kyung is nominated for Best Actress in a Serial Drama (Excellence Award).

Source

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, charray said:

So happy for her. :D  I will take back all my negative comments about the writer if she wins. :w00t: 

It is not that important to win. Even the nomination is great. This is not an award just for the MBC. It was other dramas who had great performances. I am glad she was nominated. I did not had the whole list but I am glad to see Lee Pil Mo and Won Mi Kyung on the list of nomination.

Honestly, I expected Lee Pil Mo to be nominated before Lee Sang Woo. That doesn`t mean he did not have a good performance but Lee Pil Mo had a more challenging character to play. It is hard to choose just 4 actors in the same category. I bet there are other good actors who are not on the list. He will be nominated on MBC Drama Awards, I am sure.

I have a good feeling... I hope my wish will become true.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, larus said:

It is not that important to win. Even the nomination is great. This is not an award just for the MBC. It was other dramas who had great performances. I am glad she was nominated. I did not had the whole list but I am glad to see Lee Pil Mo and Won Mi Kyung on the list of nomination.

Honestly, I expected Lee Pil Mo to be nominated before Lee Sang Woo. That doesn`t mean he did not have a good performance but Lee Pil Mo had a more challenging character to play. It is hard to choose just 4 actors in the same category. I bet there are other good actors who are not on the list. He will be nominated on MBC Drama Awards, I am sure.

I have a good feeling... I hope my wish will become true.

I am also sort of disappointed that Bong Ji couple is also not nominated for Best Couple award.......but I guess that is for idols or more popular stars like Song Jong Ki and Song Hye Ko. Hope they will be nominated at MBC Drama Award at year end.

I still cannot bring myself to like or appreciate the performance of Lee Phil Mo.

Won Mi Kyung is Seok Neo and not Mdm Jang? I think I got the 2 mixed up. I thought the actress playing Mdm Jang would be nominated but I totally like Seok Neo so I can get behind the nomination of Won Mi Kyung. 

I see that Lee Phil Mo and Won Mi Kyung are nominated in the Excellence category rather than Top Excellence category which Kim So Yeon is nominated for. What is the difference? Is it like supporting actor or actress versus lead actor or lead actress? So Lee Phil Mo is playing supporting role as Hyun Ki and Lee Sang Woo is playing lead role as Ji Gun?

Ok, ok, I am being sour grapes here.......Hopefully Lee Sang Woo will be nominated in.MBC Drama Award at year end....I personally like his performance as Ji Gun.

• Like 2

@charray I agree with you about LPM's acting, I don't get it either, when I was watching him I felt like he's "acting" and he's on stage..... err hope you understand what I mean :) It will be fine watching him two hours on stage, but for the long long drama, it's tiring to watch. Well, he's good at crying though, he can cry a river :) as The news I have read from my language, the awards divided into two categories, Top Excellence award is in the important category. Best excellent award is in the same category with  best couple and new comer....  it's not necessary only lead role can get this best excellence award, I rememer the girl who play supporting role from "Rooftop prince" got this award for sbs drama award

I'm greedy, I want Our girl get the Deasang award kakaka oppps  kidding :) I'm already feel so happy what she achieved this year, with love and career, and loved by viewers.... she seems has it all. Award is just a bonus :)

• Like 1

To judge for an artistic performance is always subjective but we can recognize talent and a good performance even without the acting/ other artistic knowledge.  As people without an acting background (or even with the experience) we can judge from our perspective, preference. I don`t like to comment on the winning because we can`t agree with everything. If the nominations are serious, then it doesn`t matter who wins. The nominations are hard to make. Many dramas to chose and a few spots. All are good performances but sometimes, the winners have some advantage (notoriety, popular dramas, star power, good character and good performance).  I bet it is hard for the judges to chose themselves and they have their own criteria. We have our own favorite dramas and favorite actors. I will not comment on the winners, even if I would have prefered another actor/ actress. I see all popular dramas being nominated. I was surprised that Jeon Do Yeon was not on the nomination list or any other actors from My Dear Friends. But all is alright. I take it what they give me and take this like other awards. As I said before, I am sure there are other good actors/ performances that are not on the list. I don`t care too much about awards. I can talk so much why but it doesn`t matter.

I totally disagree about Lee Pil Mo but I know it is just my opinion. And I think there are people who are are agreeing with me. He is on the nomination list after all.;) Even Soyeon was impressed with his performance in the drama and Seo Yi Sook. I totally understand why. The director said that he needed an actor to manage a subtle performance. He is able to switch from good to bad easily, his micro-expression are there, he was able to carry the makjang in this drama very well. He had a very difficult character to play, especially in the first half of the drama.I know that some people thought he overacts. I disagree. The writer gave such scripts with over dramatic moments (makjang) and he and Soyeon performed as the script demanded. They both carried the dramatic moments of the drama very well.  It is not their fault if the script became too much sometimes. I don`t know what it would have been if they were not good actors.  I am glad Soyeon was able to play opposite him in this drama. I won`t diminish the importance of LSW if I praised them both for the dramatic part of the drama.  Lee SangWoo was another pylon in the drama. The three of them (plus SYS) carried  "half of the drama" with their stories. 

For the categories... is so not important, don`t try to dig to much about the relevance.  Sometimes the same actor is in the Excellence Award and in Top Excellence another time. Depending. Soyeon won the Excellence award for Two Weeks on Apan Awards and was nominated for Excellence (but did not win) on MBC Drama Awards. Her character was not the first lead but it was important and she was one of main leads (just not the first lead). I could say that sometimes Excellence are for second leads or first leads that did not get the spot in the higher category. It is good either way.

I would not give my list of winners (who I think or want to get the awards). But I dare to predict that Kim Hye Soo (Signal) will get the highest prize of the night (Daesang).

About Soyeon... she has her chance to win and I totally cheer for her for two reasons. One... she is my favorite and  two... want to see her on the red carpet. One selfish reason, I admit. :D I totally believe that she will be at the MBC Drama Awards at the end of the year. I believe Bong Ji will be nominated as best couple. I think both will be nominated individually as well. And even if they won`t win they will present an award for sure. I am totally positive that we`ll see them there. It is my strong hunch. :w00t:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AshleyL said:

I'm greedy, I want Our girl get the Deasang award kakaka oppps  kidding :) I'm already feel so happy what she achieved this year, with love and career, and loved by viewers.... she seems has it all. Award is just a bonus :)

I totally agree with that. She archived so much this year in her professional and personal life. An award is just a bonus.

I really want for her to be happy in her personal life and to get roles that demand passion/ emotional turmoil, to show her range as an actress, her passion of acting. I really hope she gets her desired role, a strong, upfront character, a demanding character.  I can`t wait for her next project. Fingers crossed it will be good. It is about luck to get good roles.

• Like 1

@larus - i agreed with you that judging the actor 's performance is very subjective, and thus in order not to have bias views on that, (not sure about the Korea judging method), I understand that some countries TV station are based on two criterion : 50% score on actor's performance by the senior judging panels (including the PD, directors, TV station peers colleagues), while 50% score on the public voting by their own country citizen (netizen or TV audience). In other words, it will have a balance views from two sided, not just one sided comes from each end.....some even invited the audit firm to do a thorough check on the final results because they just want to show the fairness of the result. Whatever method they adopt, i think all actors deserve round of applause for their best effort and hard work. :)

Same as everyone in this forum, i hope soyeon will win the top excellent award.

I wish Bongji couple will show up together on red carpet or sit together at the same table, perhaps when Soyeon receives the award, she could simply say : " "Thanks to LSW xi, because of his existence, he gave me the strength,...... it wouldn't be happened if without him as my co-partner, this award is belong to us....." :w00t: :D

PS : Kwak si yang is also in the nominated list for new actor in "Second to last love" , it will be interesting to see all of them meet each other as friends...I hope we can see some on TV....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

i agreed with you that judging the actor 's performance is very subjective, and thus in order not to have bias views on that, (not sure about the Korea judging method), I understand that some countries TV station are based on two categories : 50% score on actor's performance by the senior judging panels (including the PD, directors, TV station peers colleagues), while 50% score on the public voting by their own country citizen (netizen or TV audience). In other words, it will have a balance views from two sided, not just one sided comes from each end.....some even invited the audit firm to do a thorough check on the final results because they just want to show the fairness of the result. Whatever method they adopt, i think all actors deserve round of applause for their best effort and hard work. :)

I really don`t know how is better. It is still subjective, IMO. Maybe there is a possibility to reduce the subjectivity using a combination of judging panels but I still would chose the senior judging panel. The public vote is not a good criteria to judge a performance. I doubt that they watch all the dramas out there and what is popular is not necessary the best. I agree with the current situation where the public chose the best couple. They are not judging a performance but it is a preference, who is most popular should win. We have to understand that these awards are not that important, we have to take them for what they are. I used to say that the awards of the major TV stations at the end of the year are similar with Thank You awards. It is not only the performance that is recognized. How come almost the higher ratings shows were nominated? Unfortunately, the performance came with star power, how were the ratings and other self serving interests of the industry. This is reality.  But we should not try to dig far. As you said all the actors and actresses deserve a round of applause for their hard work. They were lucky enough to be in a show that gave them a spotlight, we have to congratulate them for the nomination and for their work and who will win.... I am sure they deserve. I have to smile when I read comments about this subject. They are giving the lists of their winners, saying who deserves the award. They did not watch all the dramas and see all the performance but they already know better. Such passion... :w00t: It is better to detached and see realistically what are those awards. I am interested mostly for the red carpet presentations anyway. I am almost sure that I will be disappointed again with the dresses this year but I still love to see elegant people on the red carpet. :D

Same as everyone in this forum, i hope soyeon will win the top excellent award.

I hope she wins but if not it will be alright. :P

PS : Kwak si yang is also in the nominated list for new actor in "Second to last love" , it will be interesting to see all of them meet each other as friends...I hope we can see some on TV....

I know that Korean actors come to the gala if they receive an award or if they are invited to present an award. I know that they tried to break this habit putting a rule (if they don`t show they won`t receive the award) but that was ridiculous.

If Siyang and Soyeon will be at the same event, I hope they will take a picture together. Many Siso fans are seeing Soyeon as heart breaker.:w00t: Let show them that SiSo are still remaining friends and Siyang is TOTALLY fine.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 10:28 PM, larus said:

If Siyang and Soyeon will be at the same event, I hope they will take a picture together. Many Siso fans are seeing Soyeon as heart breaker.:w00t: Let show them that SiSo are still remaining friends and Siyang is TOTALLY fine.

Same mind with you. As soon as I knew the list, I wish them taking photo together and show V sign together to everyone who love and miss them at the event.

Good news, everybody. Soyeon will attend 2016 APAN Star Awards. YOOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I had a strong feeling but I waited to see the official news. happy smiley face emoticon

I wonder what dress she will wear. She is the queen of black dress but I want, as usual, more diverse colors. Wear color, So yeon!. Show everybody how beautiful and happy you are!

From Namooactors page..
Date: October 2 Sunday 7:00 PM

• Like 2

It was a long time that I saw Soyeon on the red carpet so I really anticipate the moment. Hope I will not be underwhelmed with the dresses this year but I am prepared for that. I just want to see Soyeon mostly. She will look great in anything.

I always love the Chinese actress on the red carpet. They are dressing better than Koreans in my opinion, the dresses are more interesting. When Soyeon participated on Apan in 2013, the color of the night was white.

t-aras-soyeon-song-hye-gyo-wang-bit-na-l

She wore a low back silver dress.

1384595988_605812.jpg

2013111619321870obshj_t5_54768.jpg

The gowns are beautiful, the girls are beautiful but it is like an uniform. It`s white, nude or black with a little color here and there. I am a fan of black dress but if I were her stylist I will look for diversity, something that will make her distinctive on the red carpet. 

This year I would have chose blue... and I will not pick the same ponytail hair style. ;)

Spoiler

Some dresses that I think it suits her very well...

This Armani dress is gorgeous. I felt in love with the dress the first time I saw it.

http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/16/08/480x720/hbz-the-list-best-dressed-oscars-2016-cate-blanchett.jpg

tumblr_oe1nyh3afq1sdd1ivo5_r1_500.png

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/471836/slide_471836_6572258_free.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/df/47/4c/df474ca4399df18d9ef1669b869b6345.jpg

But whatever she will wear she will be so beautiful. I can`t wait for Sunday. :D

• Like 4

I am waiting for tomorrow to see Sso on the red carpet. I am impatient.

On a side note, I will faint if she will wear my favorite color (dark red). :w00t:

The video of wedding dress collection... 

• Like 2

The people attending Apan Star Awards 2016 are appearing on the red carpet. Last year the fashion there was soooooo boring. This year is not promising either. Did not like the dresses (the design) so far. They doesn`t have the "glamour" for an event like this.  Even the color is predictable, two black dresses and one dark blue so far... But it is just the beginning.

I am waiting for Soyeon. No matter what...just seeing her on the red carpet will be a pleasure.

She chose white.

She looks good as always. I am glad she let her hair free.. It seams that she doesn`t wear any jewellery or maybe just earrings. In the second pictures I see some earrings.

It feels underwhelming for me. She can do so much better but I have to resign that this is the red carpet in Korea. :) Why they fear colors, I don`t understand. She would have been ten times better if the dress had another color. It is just my opinion.

To concentrate on the positive. She is a gorgeous lady.

• Like 3

So yeon on the red carpet. :wub: What a beautiful lady.

20161002183022_P_00_C_1_686.jpg

This is a better picture. I understand the lack of jewellery. The dress has many swarovski crystals. It`s a jewellery itself. If the dress had a little color to compensate the pale skin on Soyeon, it would have been perfect. But I like the design of the dress and the model, of course. 2 from 3 it`s good. It is a glamorous dress. ;)

Kim So Yeon, compelling body!

본문이미지

http://star.mk.co.kr/v2/view.php?sc=40900001&year=2016&no=689683

201610021828152810_1.jpg

http://news.joins.com/article/20666291?cloc=rss|news|total_list

Update... So far... I like Soyeon`s dress the most on APAN Star Awards 2016. I am curious which dress will be my favorite of the night in the end.

I can`t believe that I see color... Park Sodam is wearing a pink/ cyclam dress. :o

Spoiler

2016100218542619600.jpeg

2016100218550105900.jpeg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo1_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo2_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo3_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo4_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo5_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo6_540.jpg

20161002185903630.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo7_540.jpg

tumblr_oef0l89Mh31sdd1ivo8_540.jpg

• Like 4

Her manager uploaded a picture from the waiting room.

Another picture with her manager. He is one of Namooactors directors now.

tumblr_oe1nyh3afq1sdd1ivo9_r1_500.png

It was planed a fan event before the ceremony, where fans could meet Soyeon. It is raining in Seoul so the fan event was canceled.

source

I am waiting to see beautiful Soyeon receiving her award.  :wub:

The ceremony will be broadcasted on MBC, at 23:15 KST

SSo fan page gave us a link. http://dmc2016.imbc.com/english/live.html

or we can try these too.

Spoiler

http://vodmall.imbc.com/player/onair.aspx (login with MBC account)

http://aqstream.com/mbc/MBC

Red carpet update... Honey Lee has a beautiful yellow dress. I like it but it has a cut that I don`t like much on the waist so Soyeon`s dress is still on top of my list. Despite the color, it is a glamorous dress. I don`t want to be prickly... :w00t:

Spoiler

It is not related to Soyeon but it is about APAN. I see that both Song Joong ki and Jo Jin Woong are present, they are nominated in the same category. Song Jong Ki received the couple award but I doubt that he is present just for that. It means that one of them will win Top Excellence award and the other Daesang? But I did not see any actresses for Top excellence for miniseries. It will be a surprise?