Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Kim So Yeon, "calm premiere fashion"  said one of the headlines ...

201508172041776150_55d1c8b4358ff.jpg

11873430_1164223883594339_10049079217800

11900014_1164222313594496_30705771883780

11903697_1164222383594489_89437071658262

11888066_918598348234312_411331230215500

On August 17, actress Kim So Yeon attended Movie "The Chosen: Forbidden Cave, 2015" VIP Premiere. In this movie play Yoo Sun and a young actor Kim Hye Seong, both her Namoo colleagues.  She doesn`t have a big smile like the previous movie premiere, but she looks lovely as usual. (On the side note, white, black. blue or grey are once again the leitmotiv of Korean red carpets.) I am glad she attend those movie premieres and hope for others... but I want to see her attend her own movie premiere. I wish for an interesting movie script or a new drama.

Edited by larus

Today So yeon updated her Instragram. Usually I don`t like selfies but she looks so adorable in all those selfies. I am glad that she makes them and let us know a little about her. Small doses. :w00t:

11880486_1165216080161786_66408147311394

• Like 1

So many casting news today but, unfortunately, none was about our girl.

So Yeon had a lot of very small roles when she was young. A scene from 1999 drama Kwangki  with Won Bin and Choi Gang Hee as leads, resurfaced recently on internet (It seams that scene  has aired 16 years ago on 20 August).

Kim So Yeon kissing Won Bin. :P She was 19 at that time, he was 22.  I recognize in the picture the actress Bae Do Na, who played second lead in that drama, I assume. 

201508202130099610_1.jpg

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

Guest psyposeidon

@larus Omo, that guy is Won Bin?!? :w00t:... KSY kissed Won Bin?!? :w00t:  Daebak!! Awesome!!

But, 16 years (Aug 1999) would make Won Bin 21 yo and KSY 18 yo since both were born in November 3 years apart!?

So many casting news today but, unfortunately, none was about our girl.

So Yeon had a lot of very small roles when she was young. A scene from 1999 drama Kwangki  with Won Bin and Choi Gang Hee as leads, resurfaced recently on internet (It seams that scene  has aired 16 years ago on 20 August).

Kim So Yeon kissing Won Bin. :P She was 19 at that time, he was 22.  I recognize in the picture the actress Bae Do Na, who played second lead in that drama, I assume. 

Hidden Content

A lot of people must be jealous of our girl then lool

@larus Omo, that guy is Won Bin?!? :w00t:... KSY kissed Won Bin?!? :w00t:  Daebak!! Awesome!!

But, 16 years (Aug 1999) would make Won Bin 21 yo and KSY 18 yo since both were born in November 3 years apart!?

Yes, it is Won Bin, very young and with long hair.

Yeah, technically, you are right. :) There are both celebrating their birthdays in November. 

About drama Kwangki, I did not watch it, just some of So Yeon`s scenes. I thought she was there just for an episode but her character came at the end of episode 9 and stay with the group (in the advertising class/company) until episode 16. I liked her character: confident, very competitive, not very nice but honest, a little too proud (didn't want to be seen with weaknesses), always wanted to do the perfect. Her nickname was Fox (Afox).  She kissed Won Bin`s character because he had dared her to do it. :w00t: They were betting that their ability is equal and she lost their little "confrontation".  Actually, she liked Lee Dong-Gun `s character and had more scenes with him. Seeing them so young, I want them in a drama or movie with together again. I liked her scenes with Bae Doo Na too.

Some gifs

kim so yeon won bin

ad maniacs

http://i.giflike.com/VARYDLq.gifhttp://i.giflike.com/TYyH9GX.gif

http://i.giflike.com/48CLPHO.gif

kim so yeon

kim so yeon

Her beautiful teary-eyed face...

kim so yeon

http://cdn.yourepeat.com/media/gif/002/405/011/3dc7652341a77ba3c34c21dc5b42b60e.gif

Full circle. First time they met they are shacking hands and parting the same way...

kim so yeon lee dong gun

So Yeon`s impressions after she attended the premiere of the horror movie The Chosen: Forbidden Cave. It looks like it really was a scary movie. :w00t:

credit Bityxu

The movie might have been scary but her reaction was just too cute, especially the adorable Fighting! at the end :D

• Like 1

Her "Fighting!" was funny. :D

She was there to support Yoo Sun and she gave some advise (or to scare her? :w00t:)  for her for upcoming Real men, woman edition. Yoo Sun will be one of the ladies that join military in the third season. Oh, hope she has physical strength if not, it will be a nightmare. 

102180001351.jpg

credit http://mbn.mk.co.kr/pages/news/newsView.php?news_seq_no=2509318&page=1

• Like 2

Forget my early wishes for Sso` potential new dramas. Maybe next year there will be more promising projects for her but I am not that optimistic.

Now I am waiting Fall-Winter collection for All For You 2015. I hope Kim So Yeon and Jung Gyu Woon have a long contract with them. It is almost 5 years since they are shooting for this brand and I want more. :w00t:

Spring 2015

11017841_1059460167404045_14797228300405

Summer 2015

11071948_1111386405544754_78790501640997

• Like 1

I read the news and I hate HATE it. I did not read the entire article, just the title and see red in front of my eyes. I don`t know who is her virtual "husband" and I don`t care. It is a waste of time for her to be in that program, in my opinion. Did I say that I hate this news? I rather watch her in a melodrama, a makjang.... and not this useless program. 

Edited by larus
  • Like 1

Hi!!! @larus and everyone. I'm away from Soompi thread long long long and long time lol. How have you been guys? ^_^

Ahhh... I think most Soyeon fans wherever not much pleased with the news today that she joined "We Got Married" Me too!!! -_-

I hope these is a chance for us to see her new drama in late of year. But finally she decided (maybe her agency) to choose variety show TT. Anyway, It a must gonna see when this is our love Kim So Yeon ^^"

• Like 1

I read the news and I hate HATE it. I did not read the entire article, just the title and see red in front of my eyes. I don`t know who is her virtual "husband" and I don`t care. It is a waste of time for her to be in that program, in my opinion. Did I say that I hate this news? I rather watch her in a melodrama, a makjang.... and not this useless program. 

I know how you feel :( , it's completely unexpected and unnecessary as far as I'm concerned but as I was telling @stuartjmz earlier today I'm trying to be positive about this - she's getting paid (hopefully A LOT) for a minimum amount of acting, the exposure she's going to get can't hurt and most importantly this will probably lead to her landing a starring role in a MBC drama.

P.S. I wonder what got her too agree to this knowing how shy and awkward she usually is in this type of shows.

• Like 1

lool

I was also like most people really surprised to hear KSY will appear on this show. Since she is so shy, i never imagined her in this show. 

I previously watched it before kwanghee and sunhwa and they where really funny and entertaining. They are both idols.

Most people that have appeared on the show become popular and got  a lot of endorsements. But their have been instances where it was not a good move for some that appeared on the show. 

So we will pray hard that KSY hits daebak and the show makes her a house hold name :D

• Like 1

Wow. What a news. Virtual husband has good looks. I dont like her being in a WGT a little bit, but happy that i can see her for 6 months to 1 year. Hope she likes the guy and guy likes her back too. Love Kim So Yeon

• Like 1

I still think this variety program is silly. I watched some scenes with English subtitles. The couples are trying but from what I`ve seen it is still awkward. I feel them as strangers trying to fool us that they are close as a couple. Pleaseeeee!

I can`t change anything so KSY will be on that show (hopefully for a short period). It was a shock that she decided to do the program, almost everyone is asking WHY? I want to know too and I hope she will answer that question. She did not need that show at all for her career, so I think she wanted to experience something new. Maybe she did not have any projects to choose and said why not try a variety show.  It is possible to be in WGM and to film a drama. Her partner Kwak Shi-yang will be shooting a daily drama in the same time with WGM so I will be more than happy to hear about a new drama/movie project for So Yeon soon.  

Edited by larus

News bites: August 30, 2015

by awcoconuts | August 30, 2015 | 26 Comments

KimSoYeon_KwakShiYang1.jpg
I stopped watching season 4 of We Got Married when one of my favorite couples left (SoRim forever!), but I’m going to have to start tuning in again because I adore this pairing already — Kim So-yeon (Falling for Innocence) and Kwak Shi-yang (Oh My Ghostess) are the newest couple to get hitched on the show. Filming began a few days ago on August 27, and they’ll replace the spots vacated by Lee Jong-hyun and Go Seung-yeon. There’s an age difference of seven years between the two (the largest age gap between an older woman and a younger man in the history of the show), but this is a noona romance (however fabricated) I can totally get behind. The two will make their first appearance on September 5. [Osen]
Dramabeans

Kim So Yeon And Kwak Si Yang Will Have A Virtual Noona Romance

BY Julie Jones | Aug 27, 2015 11:07 AM EDT

There's a new couple lined up for the next edition of "We Got Married." Actors Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Yang are the couple scheduled to replace CNBLUE's Lee Jong Hyun and actress Gong Seung Yeon on the reality program.

Kim Si Yeon has appeared in multiple dramas, including the recent noona romance "Falling For Romance 3" with co-star Sung Joon and the drama "Falling For Innocence," with Jung Kyung Ho. The 34-year-old actress is also known for her role in the 2000 drama "All About Eve" and the comedy "Prosecutor Princess." She recently appeared on the female special of "Real Men."

Kwak Si Yang is her virtual spouse-to-be. Compared to Kim, the 28-year-old model-turned-actor is a relative newcomer, but he has made an impression in the year since his debut. His first drama was "Glorious Day" in 2014, but he followed that with "Persevere, Goo Hae Ra" in 2015. Then he appeared as the pretty chef in "Oh My Ghostess, starring Park Bo Young, Jo Jung Suk and Kim Seul Gi. He recently wrapped up that drama and is preparing for a new one, "All Is Well," with Choi Yoong Young and Song Jae Hee. He also appeared in the film "Night Flight."

The couple began filming their virtual noona romance on August 27 and the actors reportedly were enthusiastic about their participation. The first episode featuring Kim So Yeon and Kwak Si Young will air on September 5.

Earlier in the year newspaper reports revealed that Kim had a boyfriend. The news was made pubic because investors who were dissatisfied with their returns from her boyfriend's e-cigarette company sued him for fraud. While Kim was called on to testify about her participation, it was confirmed that she had nothing to do with her boyfriend's business.

At the time her agency Namoo Actors offered some information on Kim So Yeon's unidentified boyfriend, saying only that he was a childhood friend, who reunited with her at a recent event.

"They have been seeing each other ever since but they do not have any business relationships together."

Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/94922/20150827/kim-so-yeon-and-kwak-si-yang-will-have-a-virtual-noona-romance.htm

Kwak Shi Yang and Kim So Yeon join 'We Got Married'

nn13ehi.jpg

Osen - Naver: Kim So Yeon and Kwak Shi Yang confirmed as the new couple of WGM.. first episode to be aired on Sep 5th

1. [+10,768, -339] Gotta watch it for Cordon..

2. [+9,745, -168] What is this random pairing..??

3. [+8,864, -271] Kwak Shi Yang was handsome in 'Oh My Ghostess'

4. [+6,115, -186] Kim So Yeon from 'Iris'?

5. [+5,258, -433] This is refreshing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+1,936, -44] Isn't she a top actress?.. What made her decide to join WGM?

7. [+1,581, -46] So Yeon nuna should be focusing on actual marriage. It's not the time to be doing this show...

8. [+1,335, -56] What does Kim So Yeon lack to be doing this show?  Are they underestimating her?.. The producers probably noticed her variety skills on 'Real Men'? She should be doing more movies, what is she doing on a show like WGM?

9. [+1,169, -102] Isn't she in a relationship???

10. [+874, -64] She has a boyfriend as far as I know. Did they break up?

Newsen -Nate: Kim So Yeon and Kwak Shi Yang, couple with the biggest age gap in WGM's history

1. [+632, -19] So Yeon unni has a clean image and Cordon's popular recentlyㅠㅠㅠWay to ruin the path of those who are doing well. Take the show off air ㅠㅠ

2. [+413, -29] Heol. What is this random combo? Should I watch it?ㅜㅜ Kim So Yeon should've been paired with Namgoong Min

3. [+216, -6]  Don't Taeyeon and Jung Hyung Don  have the biggest age gap?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+9, 0] I don't approve of this marriage

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ro/2015/08/kwak-shi-yang-and-kim-so-yeon-join-we.html