Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Some picture from that drama.

The creepy man...

42826007.jpg

Lee Joon Gil was good in this role, playing such a heartless man. I think they changed him in the end with other actor. I liked his version of the character better.

Unfortunately, There is no English sub for "New Human Market" but I’ve seen soundtrack with Csub even I don't know Chinese just skips to see only SY's scene haha. Well, No doubt  about  SY's acting in melodrama. She always outstanding in any roles. (Except “Autumn Shower” while her role so weak, no chance for our girl to show ability) Totally agree with Bity “Hong Si Yeon” is one of her best role. Arrogant  and strong woman who hide her weakness inside. Soyeon superbly done which kind of role  but she such a person who always plays more mature role than real ages since she was young. Poor our girl. :\">  Maybe this is the reason why she wanted to play Rom-Com like Prosecutor Princess. Honesty, I prefer to see her in serious role and I think melo or action gander more match for her than rom com. Just my point :)>-

About “Two Weeks” I’ve read many comment wherever, One of annoying question is “Who is heroin between KSY and PHS ???” Somewhere seriously dispute among FC. Who know except So writer. [-(  Just only wait to see!!! OK, as SY fan I definitely want she is heroin but that’s not the most important things. I’m quite sure SY will be splendid and show us her outstanding performance in this role. Strong believe both So writer and our Soyeon [-O<

@minkie_p: thanks, beautiful gifs. I like remembering her old projects.

We all agree that melodramas and action movies suits her better but she did a good job in rom com as well. Not every comedy is a success. In my opinion, a good comedy is hard to make. It could be made a romantic comedy in kdrama for mature people but the script is very important and actors who can do this genre.
Funny, I saw Kim So Yeon for the first time in a romantic comedy, in Prosecutor Princess. My first reaction, after  5 minutes... :-O a grown woman, dressed like a Christmas tree, acting like a teenage girl? And then I said, wait a minute, we have a heroine who lied, who is irresponsible? It is much better than a typical kdrama heroine, poor, naive and bullied all the time. After she arrived at the ski resort, the subject captivated me. Good script. I saw 49 Days before PP. Loved both dramas. I did not watch Brilliant Legacy or My Daughter Seo- young. I just hope So Hyun Kyung`s new drama will be a success.  

I watched Autumn Shower too. I struggle to finish it.IMO, she was the second lead. What a depressive show! The indecisive man was driving me crazy.  :))  It was not all bad, the story had potential but I could not put my finger what was wrong. They concentrated too much on the two leads, their sad love story and other characters were ignored. If it were me, I would make the women leads and would be developed the story around them, their perspective.

I will say later which were my favorite scenes in both shows. :)

minkie_p said:

About “Two Weeks” I’ve read many comment wherever, One of annoying question is “Who is heroin between KSY and PHS ???” Somewhere seriously dispute among FC. Who know except So writer. [-(  Just only wait to see!!! OK, as SY fan I definitely want she is heroin but that’s not the most important things. I’m quite sure SY will be splendid and show us her outstanding performance in this role. Strong believe both So writer and our Soyeon [-O<

Guest csfan

Omg seems like I havent been here in ages.. Real life is keeping me way tooo busy unfortunately... and the other day when I was about to post replies, the server was down. Great timing eh? lol
Anyways I am suppper excited about KSY's new drama "Two weeks". Looks like a very strong cast so I have no doubts there would be great acting all round. I don't really hear much about how her character is central to the plot except just a rival-turned-ally to LJG's character. I am abit worried but still hoping hope that her character is important to the story hehe I know you won't disappoint, writer-nim.
Hhah I was actually annoyed like minkie_p where I saw numerous questions on who's the lead PSH or KSY.. I honestly got a tiny bit fed up because I really want the best for our girl lol I doubt there will be any romance between LJK and KSY's characters but I really to see a strong bond formed btw these two fingers crossed (Maybe there will an indication of a possible romance at the very end? Who knows! lol)
Why are there no pictures yet of their script reading? I WANT NOW! hehehe August too far away!

Ryu Soo-young chases Lee Jun-ki in Two WeeksRyuSooYoung2_zpsbc50ea72.jpg

MBC’s upcoming thriller Two Weeks stars Lee Jun-ki as a framed murder suspect on the run, with a prosecutor (Kim So-yeon) and a killer (Song Jae-rim) on his trail. Now we can add Ryu Soo-young (Rascal Sons, Ojakkyo Brothers) to that list, because he’ll play the detective who leads the manhunt.

The chase thriller stars Lee Jun-ki as an ordinary man who finds out one day that he has an eight-year old daughter that he never knew about with his first love (Park Ha-sun). The child has leukemia (perhaps the reason his ex seeks him out after all this time), and he has to race to save her life. But he runs into a bit of a problem when he gets framed for murder, and then suddenly has to flee for his life from cops, prosecutors, and assassins. Throw in a nun and you’ve got a farce.
Ryu Soo-young will play an elite detective who runs the case, and he’ll also be part of a love triangle with Park Ha-sun and Lee Jun-ki.
Two Weeks follows Queen’s Classroom and premieres in August on MBC.

@csfan:  We know life is so busy. So little time. :(  About the server...two words: Murphy`s law. :D  but..we missed you.

About Kim So Yeon status..first or second lead... I still trust Screenwriter So to write a good character for our So Yeon. I want the story to reflect the importance of her character. She is the lead. Period. Everybody jumps at the conclusion that she must be second lead because she is not involved in a love triangle. 8-|   Why a woman must limit to this in kdrama land?!  I want her character explored so only the first lead is lucky with such a treatment. We don`t know much about her except for her work (she is involved in this case). I hope she has ties with other characters too. I can`t wait to read news about this show. Hope we`ll see photos of the script reading soon.

Guest bityxu

Total agree that I hate
larus said: Everybody jumps at the conclusion that she must be second lead because she is not involved in a love triangle. 8-|   Why a woman must limit to this in kdrama land?! 

What?! That picture was not recent? :))  Fooled me!! Ok, we can imagine her hair style in this drama. She will be a tomboy again. I am sure I will like it but I am a little dissapointed because I thought she will play a sexy, badass prosecutor.

Thanks again  @bityxu for the translation of her character description. I am so puzzled how much the Chinese fans knows about this show. It seems the Korean media did not release many news. I am curious what they say about the other characters as well. So, Park Jae-kyung worked hard all her life, she did not take anything for granted. She is a rookie prosecutor? I wonder why they gave her this case. It is a coincidence or they wanted somebody new on the job? Too bad for them she is a strong woman with her own beliefs. She doesn`t consider herself beautiful, she lived like a man?! Like man clothing (I bet she doesn`t have a dress in the dressing-room  :))  ), physical activities (she practice martial arts, sports). I wonder why Writer So created her like that. It could have been a strong female character like the description mentioned her without this cliche. We`ll see. But, what makes me uncomfortable (a little worried :(  ) is the one-sided love they put in all the shows. Seriously, one character (Jae-kyung`s friend or coleague) loves her, she likes Tae-san who still loves her ex lover/ teen lover/first love. This woman has a child with the hero but she did not tell him. Other man, the detective is in love with her,  she likes him but still loves her first lover. OH, My head is spinning. @-)  I hope is not what it seems. I still trust the writer.

Oh, I forgot. If they say in the description about her parents she will have them on screen? I want a personal connection in this drama not only a professional one.

I said I will put my favorite scenes of So Yeon`s dramas/movies. Just one occasionally to remember them.

I start with a scene from Prosecutor Princess. I have many scenes that I like but this one is hilarious. Of course everybody guessed...is the Karaoke scene.  :)) I laugh every time I watch that scene but I never watch with full eyes open. It`s funny, embarrassing, genius played. Actually I felt like I was one of her colleagues. The Chief prosecutor`s face...   :)) I love Kim Sang Ho.

a.jpg

pp0100327.jpg
I read somewhere that this scene was initially more daring.

Jo Min Ki will play the villain in drama ”Two Weeks”. \:D/ I am so glad I will see him again after The Great Seer. I hope this time he will have scenes with Kim So Yeon.

I remember their scene in Dr. Champ...:)

DTDCE02100928HDTVXViD-MHaNavi_000219152.

Guest bityxu

2013.06.11 So Yeon me2day update :

kimso1102_4410881111870195860.jpg?type=w

내~헤어선생님~~수안~샘~~~^^♥벌써~~~7년^^~~흐흐~~~~~고맙구!또고마운!^^~~~
My~ hair stylist~~Suan~ssi~~~^^♥ Already~~~7 years^^~~hehe~~~~~Thankful!^^~~
kimso1102_6865184011448724744.jpg
싸~~~악~~~뚝~~~흐흐^^~~~

P/S : New short hair for Park Gom in "Two Weeks" ?? Omo...I've never imaged that Park Gom would have this hair style :))

Guest csfan

@larus: I am very excited that JMK is joining the cast. He's such a versatile actor and hooray reuniting with our girl after the GS :D I am sure he'll be a good villain against LJK heheh
@bityxu: Oh mo... short hair.. That is awesome.. Now we have to wait for a picture *fingers crossed* I am so excited lol wait, is there a picture already??? ^^

June 11, 2013
Kim So yeon to reveal her new short hairstyle
BNTNews l Nate ++
201306111644281114_1.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] Kim So yeon showed us another 180 degree image transformation as she cut off her long fine hair. 
Kim So yeon recently revealed her self-portrait via me2day with a short description: “snip-snip.” In the photo, she flaunts her bare-faced beauty in a black sleeveless t-shirt, giving off both boyish and feminine charm.
Kim cut off her long hair to act her new role from upcoming MBC drama ‘Two Weeks.’ She will be playing a righteous female prosecutor ‘Park Jae gyung’ who helps a guy ‘Jang Tae san (Lee Joon gi)’ who is falsely accused of murdering.  
Meanwhile, her new MBC TV series ‘Twoo Weeks,’ which also stars Lee Joon gi, Park Ha sun, and Ryu Soo young, is set to premiere in this August. 

arghh  i love that new hair!! its summer time~~

btw why she only has me2day, meanwhile her fellow actors/actresses from namoo all of them already got twitter acct

;))

and why her name placed after park ha sun n ryu soo young (4th place) on naver Two Weeks profile?? uri Sso is the lead female rite?? *hehe ranting fan*

@yeoran I think Nate and Naver placed SY after PHS and RSY because 3 of them (include LJK) have love triangle. That's why assumed PHS is lead and KSY is second. From my point, That's really nonsense if they assume like that. This is thriller not melodrama. So, love triangle not main point and I'll keep an eye on our chaser prosecutor for Jang Tae Sun.
new hair style so chic!!! but worry a bit how could match with her strong character in drama because she looks too cute and young. hahaha~ I hope this short hair style bring her intense charisma again like IRIS. :)>- :x

Guest bityxu

yeoran said: arghh  i love that new hair!! its summer time~~

btw why she only has me2day, meanwhile her fellow actors/actresses from namoo all of them already got twitter acct

;))

and why her name placed after park ha sun n ryu soo young (4th place) on naver Two Weeks profile?? uri Sso is the lead female rite?? *hehe ranting fan*